President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Charlie O.

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Charlie O. » 16 Oct 2019, 18:36

Count Machuki wrote:Who does this?!

Someone who's prepared to do absolutely anything to distract the media and public from the scandal(s) he's being impeached for?

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 16 Oct 2019, 19:03

I remember when Carter ran against Ford. Like most people, the only thing I really had against Ford was his pardon of Nixon. Still, during that election you had one guy with a stick up his butt reminding everybody that he was the President (despite not winning an election). on the other hand you had the guy who smiled every fucking chance he had. he looked carefully at the people asking him questions on TV and gave considered, soft-spoken answers. He won. yeah, it was close. that's what bothers me.

this time it CAN'T be close. why wouldn't a guy who takes a sharpie to a Weather Service map take one to an electoral map? This morning I ate my bagel while Hot Women on FOX literally hollered about those damned Democrats and how they foul up everything that is good in the world. I think the Ace in the Hole - the saving grace for depriving TRUMP another term is this issue of character and perception.

Now, I don't think this applies to poor old Joe Biden. Let's face it, somebody's got a voodoo doll of that guy. every other time he's on TV he pops a blood vessel or his teeth get stuck or some damned thing. But, look at Sanders & Warren. You see Sanders playing ball or listening sympathetically to people with tales of woe. You see Warren pumping the flesh seemingly every bit as happy to see people as they are to see her. THEN you see President Donald J. TRUMP, hollering in front of a helicopter. shaking hands with somebody like he wants to break their hand and then wiping his hands off. His eyes are DEAD when others talk to him. He brags and brags about everything. He's the best. the economy is the best. employment is the best. everything is the best thanks to the best President ever in the history of America.

well, say what you will about those assembled in that debate last night but each and every one of them would call for help if someone fell in a slump in front of them. I think most people know that President TRUMP would be too busy doing something else. the only real problem is how many people are cool with that?
"well, if THIS isn't nice, I don't know what is!" KVJ

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 16 Oct 2019, 22:08

There are some days I just can't handle the AVALANCHE of insanity coming out of this administration.

This is one of them.

Good thing I have band rehearsal tonight!
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 17 Oct 2019, 11:50

Say what your going to say but I approve of this letter.

... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Flower

Postby Flower » 17 Oct 2019, 11:57

Jimbo wrote:Say what your going to say but I approve of this letter.

SIGH!!!! Nothing like talking down to the head of state of another country or to anyone else.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 17 Oct 2019, 12:18

Apparently Erdogan just threw it in the bin straight away.

Robert

Postby Robert » 17 Oct 2019, 14:04

The Prof wrote:Apparently Erdogan just threw it in the bin straight away.

Like the DUP did with the new Brexit agreement.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Oct 2019, 21:18

He's not using the office for personal gain, honest....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50087836

One of President Donald Trump's golf resorts in Florida will host the G7 summit next June, the White House says.

White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney denied President Trump would profit from the event.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
When I was a kid, I inhaled. Frequently. That was the point.

Flower

Postby Flower » 17 Oct 2019, 21:25

:lol: :lol: :lol:
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 17 Oct 2019, 22:46

He obviously believes he can get away with anything. Why not?

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 17 Oct 2019, 22:50

Call you later !

P.S Are you going to Vlads Saturday night ?
Don't be a square , see you there!

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 17 Oct 2019, 23:02

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 17 Oct 2019, 23:08

Okay, this getting beyond ridiculous.

The White House is now saying, "yeah we had quid pro quo arrangements for the president's personal benefit. Get over it."

Rick Perry's resigning as the scandal starts to devour the presidency.

Giuliani's gone to ground, apparently. Haven't heard from him in days.

The wheels really seem to be coming off the bus here.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 18 Oct 2019, 01:05

It has seemed that way many times before, though.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 18 Oct 2019, 02:48

^^^ Yes, but finally, Republicans in Congress and Trump surrogates can move on from denying criminal conduct to defending it.

(I guess that's nothing new either.)

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 18 Oct 2019, 15:41

TRUMP: "What Turkey is getting now is they are not going to have to kill millions of people."

On a lighter note, he also said "We've been in the Middle East for 19 and a half years."

:lol:

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 18 Oct 2019, 17:58

of course you do! your favorite politician on Planet Earth is it's biggest fucking Mob Boss.
you obviously like your Manly Strong-Man Dictator types. it doesn't make you a bad person!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 23 Oct 2019, 01:32

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 23 Oct 2019, 02:32

Sneelock wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/22/us/politics/william-taylor-testimony.html?nytapp=true
"demands were made for secrecy"

All lies. "Russian-led forces." Russia did not invade Ukraine. There are no Russians in Ukraine. Crimea? That's something else, But Donbass? No. What my beef here has to do with that stupid phone call I'm not sure but when the testifying ambassador continually hammers home how we are not helping the civilian murdering, Nazi-oriented Ukraine military keep out an imaginary Russian force then there is something fishy about the whole affair, especially when they try to tie Trump and Russia together.

Donbass War Diary
Under Fire from Ukraine and Misperceived by the West, The People of the DPR Share Their Stories

"There is a Nazi state in the middle of Europe in the 21st Century. They are dangerous both for us and for the Western world. If they finish with us, they will do the same in the Western world.

Ukraine has a big propaganda machine, and the censorship of Western media helps.

I was raised believing in the Western ideals of human rights and democracy. And what do I have? I have no human rights. Ukrainian Nazis can kill me and they can go to the European Parliament and they will be considered heroes. They can kill without court, without justice, without anything.

Western countries support war crimes, support the killing of our people just because we speak our native language, Russian. That’s the only reason to kill us, just because we like Russia and speak Russian.

They can kill you. They consider all the journalists as Russian propagandists. Their military can shoot you and never face justice. That goes against my understanding of human rights.”

https://www.mintpressnews.com/under-fir ... ic/262363/
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 23 Oct 2019, 05:48

Oh yeah? Well I’ve got a tree full of Keebler Elves who say it’s all true - every word.

So, I guess now we arm wrestle.