President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Still Baron » 26 Sep 2019, 16:02

Count Machuki wrote:
Still Baron wrote:A non-American BCBer asked (in exasperation) early on in the administration what would be too much for Trump to survive. I think we could finally be there.

From your lips to God's ears, man. I'm not so sure.

On the one hand, Trump's got just one year left in office (hopefully) so moving quickly on this impeachment and limiting it to this latest abuse of power makes sense in the whole get 'er done sense.

Then again, I'd love to see the whole smorgasbord of Trump wrongdoing aired out with people under oath. Thing is, that'd probably take a minute.

I have taken heart recently in thinking that Republicans are so craven and lockstep that once the writing is truly, truly on the wall they'll turn on Trump in a heartbeat. He's never really been one of them.

You KNOW all those Senators hate his guts.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 26 Sep 2019, 16:24

Republicans: Mr. Maguire, you're so nice. Those Dems are just big meanies.
Democrats: WHAT THE SHIT?! How the fuck did this mishegas even happen?! Jesus!

Just a quick sum up in case anybody's morning was too busy to watch the hearing.

That Will Hurd seems like an OK guy for a R-TX, Baron. Obviously he's not seeking reelection.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 26 Sep 2019, 16:41

Count Machuki wrote:I have taken heart recently in thinking that Republicans are so craven and lockstep that once the writing is truly, truly on the wall they'll turn on Trump in a heartbeat. He's never really been one of them.

well, I agree and I don't. he hasn't because while Republicans can make claim to "having a philosophy" TRUMP really can't. on the other hand - he is the Monster from their ID. All those Repubs that have spent years marinating in Hate Radio & FOX News are, indeed his people. they will NOT melt away should he be killed by a bolt of lightening. there's hubbub that Tucker Carlson is looking into National politics. Tucker Fucking Carlson. what kind of Republlicans would TFC appeal to? the ones that would take a bullet for TRUMP right now.

I was raised by Republicans, people I love. Thankfully most of those haven't slid down the Republican Popsicle-stick along with Pat Buchanan, Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, Sara Palin etc. etc.. IMO this is the road that led to TRUMP and that could very likely lead elsewhere.

it may not be "Republican" in a way that even a heretic like Barry Goldwater would recognize but it is a powerful coalition and one that modern day Republicans feel they can't afford to alienate.
"Take THAT you hostile son of a bitch!!!!" - Dr. Sidney Schaffer

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 26 Sep 2019, 18:28

that unclassified cover letter is pretty striking.
I say it's time to go after Barr. He needs to prove to Congress that he can perform his job in good faith or they need to kick his ass down the stairs. then we have a REAL confirmation process where the nominee is vetted for why they are qualified for the job instead of being a big FOX News crybaby like Kavanagh was.
Last edited by Sneelock on 26 Sep 2019, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 26 Sep 2019, 19:03

Here’s a decent summary of things (from a day or two ago)

https://reason.com/2019/09/24/we-have-n ... ight-zone/

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 26 Sep 2019, 19:35

Normal stuff here...

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/trump- ... ng-report/

Trump caught on audio suggesting the death penalty for Ukraine whistleblower at private meeting
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 26 Sep 2019, 20:21

I've always maintained that GOP Congresspeeps will only support him as long as he remains more of an asset then a liability, at which point they will cut him loose (see Nixon's fall).

We may be nearing that point.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Flower

Postby Flower » 26 Sep 2019, 21:35

Snarfyguy wrote:I've always maintained that GOP Congresspeeps will only support him as long as he remains more of an asset then a liability, at which point they will cut him loose (see Nixon's fall).

We may be nearing that point.

I agree .. it can't come soon enough.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 26 Sep 2019, 22:31

Please God.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 26 Sep 2019, 22:51

Count Machuki wrote:Normal stuff here...

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/trump- ... ng-report/

Trump caught on audio suggesting the death penalty for Ukraine whistleblower at private meeting

So is he going to get his mob guys to kill them? Starting to be more like Putin everyday.

It's going to take alot more for the majority of Rep's to turn on Trump.
Hope I'm wrong.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 27 Sep 2019, 04:21

Good luck, Hillary-bots! :lol: :lol:

... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 27 Sep 2019, 07:07

^^^ Oh well, better shut it down if THOSE TWO are poking fun at it!

*eye roll*
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 27 Sep 2019, 08:10

Think of Ukraine-gate as another one of those bombshells turned dud. This one is being defused as we bicker. It'll soon be fizzling and then ... fffft. Poor Hillary-bots. "I saw the walls closing in, man. The walls ..."
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Flower

Postby Flower » 27 Sep 2019, 12:56

At the end of the day, we are discussing people .. it should be about who and what the people are and not about Dems and Reps.

That being said .. I hate most Reps.

Carry on .....

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 27 Sep 2019, 15:40

Jimbo wrote:Think of Ukraine-gate as another one of those bombshells turned dud."

think of "Jimbo-Gate" as an anything-gate. take something that concerns you, admit you're a big dummy and put a gate at the end.
luckily Jimbo is here to point out what a great big dumbfuck you are over and over and over and over again.

Flower

Postby Flower » 27 Sep 2019, 15:48

Sneelock wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Think of Ukraine-gate as another one of those bombshells turned dud."

think of "Jimbo-Gate" as an anything-gate. take something that concerns you, admit you're a big dummy and put a gate at the end.
luckily Jimbo is here to point out what a great big dumbfuck you are over and over and over and over again.

Yes, I thank the powers that be for that every night before I go to sleep.

*One day I'll post about shovel-gate

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 27 Sep 2019, 17:45

Sneelock wrote:luckily Jimbo is here to point out what a great big dumbfuck you are over and over and over and over again.

You're welcome. :roll:

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 27 Sep 2019, 18:03

You’ll have to reconsider your sources now that Tulsi Gabbard supports an impeachment inquiry!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 27 Sep 2019, 18:05

Still Baron wrote:You’ll have to reconsider your sources now that Tulsi Gabbard supports an impeachment inquiry!

What???!!!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 27 Sep 2019, 18:11

Jimbo wrote:
Still Baron wrote:You’ll have to reconsider your sources now that Tulsi Gabbard supports an impeachment inquiry!

What???!!!

I'm looking and well, you need to sent me a link for that info. Everything so far, Tulsi sez no to impeachment.

Where does Tulsi Gabbard stand on impeachment?
Tulsi Gabbard
(HI-2)
Does Not Support Impeachment

https://www.needtoimpeach.com/congress/tulsi-gabbard/