President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Count Machuki » 09 Apr 2019, 15:43

Bill Barr on Capitol Hill trying his damnedest not to have to answer any Mueller Report questions.
He's coming across as kind of a dick, too. Especially when being questioned by anybody who's not a white guy.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 Apr 2019, 23:52

Q: Were either the White House or Trump himself briefed on the findings in the Report?

A: The redacted report will be released soon.

:roll:

You know there's some shit in there that implicates members of Trump's inner circle, if not the boss himself. But how do we get it? Can the House Judiciary Committee get Mueller on the stand to spill the beans?
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 10 Apr 2019, 14:47

This is really worth a cringe/watch, especially if you have a particularly strong dislike of Steve Mnuchin like I do.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/201 ... ot-vpx.cnn

Mnuchin and Waters argue over time during hearing
Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin and Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) argued over a scheduling conflict during a House Committee on Financial Services hearing.

Mnuchin: "I have to go. Why you gotta be so mean?"
Waters: "Sit the fuck down."
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Six String

Postby Six String » 10 Apr 2019, 18:28

Eggcellent. He's such a pompous dickhead. Since he has proven to be dishonest I have to believe that he purposely scheduled that 5:30 appt. to allow him an excuse for ducking out of questioning if it got too hot. Way to go Maxine!

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 10 Apr 2019, 19:55

The Counter-Investigations Into the Mueller Report Are About to Begin

Everything I've read about Mueller paints him as a by-the-book guy so I feel pretty confident that any investigation's going to be a non-starter.

On a lighter note, yours truly is now personally benefiting from the Investigation, as the firm has taken on a client who's implicated in a criminal matter involving loans to a guy whose name rhymes with "Fanamort." We almost never do criminal law and I get to work on the case; should be interesting.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 10 Apr 2019, 21:19

Splendid!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 11 Apr 2019, 02:38

NOW I know who Barr reminds me of!

mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 11 Apr 2019, 11:08

Snarfyguy wrote:On a lighter note, yours truly is now personally benefiting from the Investigation, as the firm has taken on a client who's implicated in a criminal matter involving loans to a guy whose name rhymes with "Fanamort." We almost never do criminal law and I get to work on the case; should be interesting.

Don't take the same route home every day!
king of the divan

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 17 Apr 2019, 15:18

Well, tomorrow's the day we get...something.

On Friday the thirteenth October 1989... news leaked of a legal memo authored by William Barr. He was then serving as head of the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel (OLC). It is highly uncommon for any OLC memo to make headlines. This one did because it was issued in “unusual secrecy” and concluded that the FBI could forcibly abduct people in other countries without the consent of the foreign state. The headline also noted the implication of the legal opinion at that moment in time. It appeared to pave the way for abducting Panama’s leader, Gen. Manuel Noriega.

Members of Congress asked to see the full legal opinion. Barr refused, but said he would provide an account that “summarizes the principal conclusions.” Sound familiar?

Of course, when the opinion finally emerged, Barr's "summary" was revealed to be riddled with omissions and deliberately misleading.

https://www.justsecurity.org/63635/barr ... o-in-1989/

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 17 Apr 2019, 16:50

Snarfyguy wrote:Well, tomorrow's the day we get...something.

Bamboozled? Again?

Here's a good read...tough to disagree with much in this one.

Trump & Co. Are Crossing Big, Bright Red Lines—and They’re Getting Away With It

This is how democracies die. The rule of law is slowly strangled. The unthinkable becomes commonplace. The illegal becomes accepted—from violations of the emoluments clause to self-dealing to federal election law crimes to serial sexual abuse.

What once was black and white blurs into gray. Right and wrong, old principles, enduring values, fade from memory. Authoritarians arrive in our midst not in tanks but in bad suits and worse haircuts.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 17 Apr 2019, 18:50

A sneak peek at the Mueller report:

If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 17 Apr 2019, 19:00

Wow, total exoneration!
when you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 17 Apr 2019, 19:31

Yup! Nothing there about any crimes!
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 17 Apr 2019, 19:41

Well, hush my mouth. I paid less in taxes this year, too. :oops:

#trump2020

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 17 Apr 2019, 20:58

Count Machuki wrote:Well, hush my mouth. I paid less in taxes this year, too. :oops:

#trump2020

I got my biggest refund ever, but a friend who owns his own home got creamed.

A couple of people I know who prepare income taxes for a living said it was a BRUTAL season.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 17 Apr 2019, 22:42

my friend the TRUMP fan just told me that EL RUSHBO was warning his listeners not to pay any attention to the Mueller report when it comes out. it's all just a bunch of hooey.

this makes me wonder if maybe there will be a juicy morsel or two. they're saying the white house has had it for a while and you KNOW if they have it that Rush & Hannity have it.

this reminds me of back in Feb or March when Carl Bernstein was making the rounds. he said he was talking to people who said that the report's conclusion would be that the TRUMP campaign willingly or unwillingly was an asset to the Russian Government's efforts to influence the election.

well, that's far enough away from "NO COLLUSION - TOTAL VINDICATION" that ostrich instructions might be in order.
the point is moot since I suppose what they release will look pretty much like what Harv posted.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 18 Apr 2019, 00:04

El Presidente is tweeting a bunch of "Angry Dems/Crooked Hillary/NO COLLUSION" shit.
maybe we will see something juicy tomorrow.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 18 Apr 2019, 03:22

Wow, I sure am het up about tomorrow, and I don't think it's just the cable news that's doing the hetting.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 18 Apr 2019, 04:06

Sneelock wrote:my friend the TRUMP fan just told me that EL RUSHBO was warning his listeners not to pay any attention to the Mueller report when it comes out. it's all just a bunch of hooey.

this makes me wonder if maybe there will be a juicy morsel or two.

I have almost no doubt that it will have things that would sink any Democratic President facing Republican opposition.

I wish I could’ve said more about Barr’s document, but I’ve been totally swamped. Just remember that Barr’s report is a lawyer’s summary (as an advocate) of a legal document that addresses evidence through the lens of a prosecutor who must have a good faith believe in the ability to prove a novel, rare issue in court beyond a reasonable doubt. Add the additional lens that it is written under the presumption that the President may not be indicted.

Do what you can to read it for yourself when it comes out.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 18 Apr 2019, 14:46

Did William Barr just ask us to cut Trump some slack?
:x

msnbc wrote:Barr said Trump acted out of "noncorrupt motives" because he was frustrated by the ongoing investigation and media coverage that he felt was hurting his administration.

awwwwwww

Fuck these guys. Roll on new election!