President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 16175
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 04 Apr 2019, 18:56

Snarfyguy wrote:On Barr possibly fudging the "non-summary" of the Mueller Report: potentially huge or we're just grasping at straws because no legal liability will attach to Trump, who knows no shame or guilt?

Personally I'm vacillating wildly between the two poles.


It's 400 pages so I'll bet they're saved for slamming the Russians. Trump himself may not have been an agent but damn, those Ruskies still tried like hell to meddle in our democracy. :x Remember, Mueller lied to Congress about WMD to get us into Iraq so why wouldn't he lie, or exaggerate to keep our current MIC gravy train running?
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27888
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby toomanyhatz » 05 Apr 2019, 00:09

Jimbo wrote: why wouldn't he lie, or exaggerate to keep our current MIC gravy train running?


A very simple reason, which you refuse to understand:

HE DOESN'T HAVE TO.

As I've said a gazillion times right here on this thread, absolutely nothing Trump has said or done - legally or illegally - has slowed down the MIC gravy train in the slightest. If anything he's sped it up.

And if you think otherwise I'm afraid you'll have to do better than "my sources say..."
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

User avatar
bobzilla77
Posts: 16067
Joined: 23 Jun 2006, 02:56
Location: Dilute! Dilute! OK!

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby bobzilla77 » 05 Apr 2019, 01:12

Snarfyguy wrote:On Barr possibly fudging the "non-summary" of the Mueller Report: potentially huge or we're just grasping at straws because no legal liability will attach to Trump, who knows no shame or guilt?

Personally I'm vacillating wildly between the two poles.


Oh I bet there is plenty in there that makes the Pres look bad. Suspicious, not 100 percent on the level. Maybe worth looking into.

Not immediately actionable.

And the fact is, the system is set up so that if you come at the president, you gotta come correct. It's gotta be real bad and real obvious. There's already a bad smell around the guy, always has been. It's now officially a waste of time to keep pulling that scab.

We should get the full report, I support Adam Schiff in his efforts to bring clarity. But that ain't gonna save us now.

I wonder how many "Most Fuckable G Man" lists Mueller dropped off in the past weeks.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 16175
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 05 Apr 2019, 02:57

toomanyhatz wrote:
Jimbo wrote: why wouldn't he lie, or exaggerate to keep our current MIC gravy train running?


A very simple reason, which you refuse to understand:

HE DOESN'T HAVE TO.

As I've said a gazillion times right here on this thread, absolutely nothing Trump has said or done - legally or illegally - has slowed down the MIC gravy train in the slightest. If anything he's sped it up.

And if you think otherwise I'm afraid you'll have to do better than "my sources say..."


You miss points like I miss free throws.

Never said Trump slowed down the MIC money. This report will keep the money flowing when a Sanders or Gabbard or, God forbid, detante with Russia might threaten to slow it down.

My prediction is that the report will be anti-Russia heavy. Not one of my sources which debunk or diminish Russian government hacking, interfering, sabotaging, propagandizing, etc., will be cited. Watch how RT will come under attack again. Watch how roughly Wikileaks is treated. Note how FB, Twitter, Google, etc., will be prompted to shut down more "dubious" sites. Fake news will be a thing again. All the Russiagate bullshit - minus Trump's participation - will come roaring back.

And then, Bolton willing, war with Russia.

Ooh, watch and see all the black lines, black pages, for the document will be heavily redacted - for our security, of course.
Last edited by Jimbo on 05 Apr 2019, 07:24, edited 4 times in total.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 53289
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 05 Apr 2019, 03:04

Jimbo wrote: Watch how RT will come under attack again. Watch how roughly Wikileaks is treated. Note how FB, Twitter, Google, etc., will be prompted to shut down dubious sites.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 16175
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 05 Apr 2019, 03:07

Snarfyguy wrote:
Jimbo wrote: Watch how RT will come under attack again. Watch how roughly Wikileaks is treated. Note how FB, Twitter, Google, etc., will be prompted to shut down dubious sites.

You say that like it's a bad thing.


Does freedom of the press or freedom of speech ring any bells?
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 16175
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 05 Apr 2019, 03:29

Snarfy's will be done!

Be Ready To Act: WikiLeaks Source Says They’re Coming For Assange

If Assange is arrested and prosecuted under the Patriot Act, it will be a devastating blow to press freedoms and constitute a greater leap in the direction of Orwellian dystopia than the Patriot Act did. The US government exercising the ability to imprison journalists for simply publishing facts about it, not just in America but anywhere in the world, will be a poisoned dagger in the heart of the world population’s ability to bring any transparency or accountability to that titanic power structure.


Image

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/be-r ... ef331d0fea
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

User avatar
mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi
Posts: 14542
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 10:54
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 05 Apr 2019, 08:59

You'd think by now that Jules would be itching for a fucking walk, to the park, to the pub for a chicken parma, to the local Indian restaurant.
king of the divan

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 53289
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 05 Apr 2019, 15:26

Jimbo, are you trying to tell me you think Julian Assange is a journalist?
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 16175
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 05 Apr 2019, 15:38

Snarfyguy wrote:Jimbo, are you trying to tell me you think Julian Assange is a journalist?


Publisher.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 53289
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 05 Apr 2019, 18:56

Jimbo wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:Jimbo, are you trying to tell me you think Julian Assange is a journalist?


Publisher.

:lol:

I guess I can't argue with that!
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 16175
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 06 Apr 2019, 02:01

Snarfyguy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:Jimbo, are you trying to tell me you think Julian Assange is a journalist?


Publisher.

:lol:

I guess I can't argue with that!


You couldn't argue with an avocado pit.

Why Your Hatred Of Assange Is Completely Irrelevant

It does not matter how your feelings feel. Your feelings are irrelevant to this conversation. Only facts matter here. And the facts say that everyone, regardless of how they feel about Assange, must defend him against the US government’s attempts to prosecute him for publishing inconvenient truths. Not because it’s the right thing to do, not because anyone expects you to behave in a moral way, but out of sheer, garden variety self-interest. We all need the ability to hold power to account, and the prosecution of Assange will necessarily cripple our ability to do that. This is a fact. Regardless of how your feelings feel.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/why- ... fb9f603c9a
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27888
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 Apr 2019, 02:33

She's an idiot, and he didn't do jack shit for moral reasons.

She's also arguing against a straw man, as usual. There's either prosecutable offenses or there aren't. Mine or yours or anyone else's "feelings" have nothing to do with any of it.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 53289
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 06 Apr 2019, 02:51

Jimbo wrote:You couldn't argue with an avocado pit.

I argue with YOU.

Anyway, I don't have any "feelings" about Assange.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 39206
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: trying to get over

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Count Machuki » 06 Apr 2019, 03:17

Can you believe Donald Fucking Trump is President?! THAT guy?!

What the ever lovin' fuck??

(sorry, every once in a while I just have to get that out)
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 40084
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Charlie O. » 06 Apr 2019, 04:04

Image

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 16175
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 06 Apr 2019, 04:27

Count Machuki wrote:Can you believe Donald Fucking Trump is President?! THAT guy?!

What the ever lovin' fuck??

(sorry, every once in a while I just have to get that out)


And on that we can agree. Trump is astonishingly stupid and abysmally inept and yet, somehow, he is the President. When I see him I shake my head and roll my eyes and mutter obscenities. How anyone who is around him, his staff, other politicians, bodyguards, diplomats, his wife, how they keep straight faces is a wonder.

I like the theory that he didn't expect to win and that is why he carried on with the Moscow Trump Tower deal well into his campaign. He expected to garner and use whatever fame he could just for running and then get back to work. But had no idea he would win.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 16175
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 06 Apr 2019, 09:34

Image

From review of this book:
Five intelligence assets were thus hounding Papadopoulos at every turn while a sixth was compiling the dossier that would send Russia-gate into overdrive. It added up to the greatest propaganda campaign since the furor over Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, and, like those nonexistent WMDs, turns out to have been manufactured out of thin air.
https://consortiumnews.com/2019/04/04/t ... te-target/

The Deep State is real friends. You may think there's justice and rule of law, even some common sense. There ain't.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27888
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 Apr 2019, 18:54

...And who better to believe on such matters than a convicted felon and an American expatriate with a tin foil hat! :lol:
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27888
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 Apr 2019, 19:03

The first sentence of the review - "Now that Russian collusion is dead and buried thanks to Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller, the big question is how and why such charges arose."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, dead and buried. Let's never speak of it again. Completely vindicated. :roll:
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!