President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sneelock

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 29 Nov 2018, 16:45

he must be in the jacuzzi. I'm sure he thinks his nothing burger is loaded with gummy worms.
Give me a C, a bouncy C!

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 29 Nov 2018, 16:53

Trump, on Cohen: "He's a liar."

Then: "Now, here's the thing, even if he was right, it doesn't matter, because I was allowed to do whatever I wanted during the campaign."

:shock:
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 29 Nov 2018, 17:00

man, he's dug that hole so deep we'd have been to China and back if he didn't own the hole.
Give me a C, a bouncy C!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 29 Nov 2018, 17:35

And so Gucifer 2 and the troll farmers, along with Assange, Putin and now Michael Cohen via a failed hotel deal released the emails and the FB ads and cost HRC the election and sowed discord throughout America.

If Mueller goes after Trump for shady business deals with shady Russian businessmen, for which there is actual evidence, fine but the collusion with Russia to rig the election is as bogus as Willie Vanilli*, or whatever that fake band was called.

*Milli Vanilli tribute band.
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 29 Nov 2018, 17:40

Jimbo wrote:And so Gucifer 2 and the troll farmers, along with Assange, Putin and now Michael Cohen via a failed hotel deal released the emails and the FB ads and cost HRC the election and sowed discord throughout America.

If Mueller goes after Trump for shady business deals with shady Russian businessmen, for which there is actual evidence, fine but the collusion with Russia to rig the election is as bogus as Willie Vanilli*, or whatever that fake band was called.

Well, Don trump, Jr. is about to fall on his sword to save his father for lying about the Trump Tower/Russia meeting.

If these guys didn't do anything wrong, why is there so much lying about it?
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Nov 2018, 17:40

Jimbo wrote: but the collusion with Russia to rig the election is as bogus as Willie Vanilli*, or whatever that fake band was called.

I'd like to see your evidence that contradicts 17 US intelligence agencies, Facebook and Twitter.

I'm sure they only talked about Russian adoption in that hotel room.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 29 Nov 2018, 17:42

Snarfyguy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:And so Gucifer 2 and the troll farmers, along with Assange, Putin and now Michael Cohen via a failed hotel deal released the emails and the FB ads and cost HRC the election and sowed discord throughout America.

Well, Don trump, Jr. is about to fall on his sword to save his father for lying about the Trump Tower/Russia meeting.

I don't know. Because they're liars? What is your conspiracy theory?
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Nov 2018, 17:58

Jimbo wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:

I don't know. Because they're liars? What is your conspiracy theory?

That's my point. I don't have one besides what's being reported by mainstream media where facts have to be checked.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 29 Nov 2018, 18:45

Jimbo wrote:I don't know. Because they're liars? What is your conspiracy theory?

I don't have one either, but at the very least this revelation opens up Trump's inner circle to perjury charges and at the most the contents of the Steele dossier are substantially true and will be revealed over time. How much political damage any of this does to Trump is another story.

Chait wrote:The latest iterative step in Robert Mueller’s Gambino-style rollup of the Trump campaign is Michael Cohen’s statement in federal court that he lied to Congress about his dealings with Russia. Cohen had been negotiating with Russia during the campaign on Trump’s behalf.

The most immediate and unsurprising thing this tells us is that Trump has mislead the public about this topic for a long time. “For the record, I have ZERO investments in Russia,” he tweeted on July 26, 2016. “I have nothing to with Russia. I have nothing to do with Russia — for anything,” he told reporters the next day. At a press conference the following January, Trump explained that he abstained from such dealings for the very sensible reason that it would be improper. “We could make deals in Russia very easily if we wanted to, I just don’t want to because I think that would be a conflict.”

Cohen lied about his dealings because Trump wanted to hide an improper conflict.

Where this leads remains to be seen, as always. One possibility is that Cohen’s testimony will be used to demonstrate perjury by Trump himself. ABC News reports that Trump was asked about the Trump Tower Moscow project by Robert Mueller on his written questionnaire. ABC does not know how Trump answered the question, but Mueller appears to have gotten Trump to commit to a story first, and is rolling out witnesses who are poised to contradict him.

Second, Cohen’s confession in court confirms the major details first reported last May by Antony Cormier and Jason Leopold. Here is an important passage from their story: “Even before the appointment of Mueller as special counsel in May 2017, FBI agents investigating Russia’s interference in the election learned that Cohen was in frequent contact with foreign individuals about Trump Moscow — and that some of these individuals had knowledge of or played a role in 2016 election meddling.”

If this part is confirmed — and Cohen’s confession adds to its credibility — then it will show direct cooperation during the campaign between Trump’s lawyer and Russians involved in the covert campaign to help elect him. This is yet another possible channel for collusion.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/11/ ... deals.html

Stille Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Stille Baron » 29 Nov 2018, 18:57

Jimbo wrote:and cost HRC the election

You keep saying this and I keep telling you that no one is saying that and it isn’t the point anyway.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Nov 2018, 19:04

I also have problems with "journalists" who have typos in the second graph of their stories. If they can't get spelling right, what else is wrong? It stinks of carelessness on all fronts, by extension.

Chait wrote:The most immediate and unsurprising thing this tells us is that Trump has mislead the public about this topic for a long time. “For the record, I have ZERO investments in Russia,” he tweeted on July 26, 2016. “I have nothing to with Russia. I have nothing to do with Russia — for anything,” he told reporters the next day. At a press conference the following January, Trump explained that he abstained from such dealings for the very sensible reason that it would be improper. “We could make deals in Russia very easily if we wanted to, I just don’t want to because I think that would be a conflict.”

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 29 Nov 2018, 19:30

sloopjohnc wrote:I also have problems with "journalists" who have typos in the second graph of their stories. If they can't get spelling right, what else is wrong? It stinks of carelessness on all fronts, by extension.

Chait wrote:The most immediate and unsurprising thing this tells us is that Trump has mislead the public about this topic for a long time. “For the record, I have ZERO investments in Russia,” he tweeted on July 26, 2016. “I have nothing to with Russia. I have nothing to do with Russia — for anything,” he told reporters the next day. At a press conference the following January, Trump explained that he abstained from such dealings for the very sensible reason that it would be improper. “We could make deals in Russia very easily if we wanted to, I just don’t want to because I think that would be a conflict.”

I'm not his biggest fan or anything, but he was senior editor at The New Republic and an assistant editor of The American Prospect. I don't think his credentials are suspect; he should proofread his blog better.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 29 Nov 2018, 20:21

Snarfyguy wrote:

If this part is confirmed — and Cohen’s confession adds to its credibility — then it will show direct cooperation during the campaign between Trump’s lawyer and Russians involved in the covert campaign to help elect him. This is yet another possible channel for collusion.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/11/ ... deals.html

So much equivocating presented as news.

See, Cohen lying seems factual and so it's report-able, as is Trump doing business in Russia. The rest and the whole Russia-gate story (election interference/collusion) is conspiracy theorizing at it's finest! Fact: This whole blame Russia case was made up by the Clinton campaign (see Robbie Mook) to explain how she lost. It's on HER!

From Shattered.

That strategy had been set within twenty-four hours of her concession speech. Mook and Podesta assembled her communications team at the Brooklyn headquarters to engineer the case that the election wasn’t entirely on the up-and-up. For a couple of hours, with Shake Shack containers littering the room, they went over the script they would pitch to the press and the public. Already, Russian hacking was the centerpiece of the argument.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 29 Nov 2018, 20:55

Jimbo wrote:So much equivocating presented as news.

It's not news and it's not presented as news; it's analysis.

He wrote "Where this leads remains to be seen, as always," because what everybody wants to know isn't what happened, but what it means, what it portends. I don't think Jonathan Chait claims to have the answers but his musings are by no means fantastic.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 29 Nov 2018, 20:59

So, Cohen is Pleading guilty to lying about imaginary stuff he didn’t do?
I know things are good and weird but that just doesn’t smell right.
Give me a C, a bouncy C!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 30 Nov 2018, 00:20

Sneelock wrote:So, Cohen is Pleading guilty to lying about imaginary stuff he didn’t do?
I know things are good and weird but that just doesn’t smell right.

And apparently, they just found some emails between Cohen and Trump Jr. where they had denied conversations.

And Trump was in negotiations with Russia for Putin penthouse and hotels well into his campaign.

The house of toothpicks is beginning to fall apart.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 30 Nov 2018, 00:42

you can say that again. THIS guy supposedly was Donald J's tax attorney for years.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alderman-e ... 018-11-29/
Give me a C, a bouncy C!

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 30 Nov 2018, 02:43

Snarfyguy wrote:If these guys didn't do anything wrong, why is there so much lying about it?

"Says who?"

Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Stille Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Stille Baron » 30 Nov 2018, 03:25

Today's lawfare podcast is pretty good, if you have an hour to spare while you're cookin and cleanin or whatever.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/lawfare-pod ... oscow-plea
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 30 Nov 2018, 07:06

sloopjohnc wrote:
And Trump was in negotiations with Russia for Putin penthouse and hotels well into his campaign.

And the Russians shot the deal down.

I don't mind going after Trump (or Clinton) but don't scapegoat Russia for our politicians follies.