President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
pcqgod

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby pcqgod » 16 Nov 2018, 16:07

So is today the day the hit shits the fan with the Mueller indictments?
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Nov 2018, 16:51

pcqgod wrote:So is today the day the hit shits the fan with the Mueller indictments?

I doubt they'll do it on Friday. Even Mueller must be aware of news cycles. Maybe he doesn't care, but it wouldn't make maximum impact.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 16 Nov 2018, 18:02

sloopjohnc wrote:
pcqgod wrote:So is today the day the hit shits the fan with the Mueller indictments?

I doubt they'll do it on Friday. Even Mueller must be aware of news cycles. Maybe he doesn't care, but it wouldn't make maximum impact.

Yeah, but I don't think he's in it for the headlines. The venue of his fight is actually a courthouse.

We shall see...
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 16 Nov 2018, 18:42

TRUMP is tweeting mean things about them again. I hope that means he feels some breath on his neck.
Give me a C, a bouncy C!

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 16 Nov 2018, 21:37

They were saying that Mueller has a habit of releasing indictments on Fridays. Tick tick tick.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 19 Nov 2018, 06:04

I found this interesting but not particularly revealing. Why he's a Republican I don't know. He's critical of some of Trump's policies and gives the Dems credit for winning the House in the last election. He's not a liberal progressive but he isn't a Ted Cruz Republican and he certainly not a right-wing loonie. He favors higher taxes on the rich and complains about high college tuition sparked by rich foreign students who pay top dollar edging out in-state residents entitled to a subsidy. Hey, Bannon, Bernie's free college plan would solve that. Overall, IMO, Bannon is more a Davey-style nuts and bolts guy than firebrand.
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 23 Nov 2018, 15:05

Last edited by Jimbo on 23 Nov 2018, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 23 Nov 2018, 15:44

Hey @realdonaldtrump: being Saudi Arabia’s bitch is not “America First.”

— Tulsi Gabbard (@TulsiGabbard) November 21, 2018

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 26 Nov 2018, 19:15

A decision handed down by a New York judge over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend bolstered most of the key arguments in the state attorney general’s lawsuit against the Donald J. Trump Foundation.

Judge Saliann Scarpulla rejected the Trump Foundation’s motion to dismiss the suit in a Friday ruling. She affirmed that a sitting U.S. president can be sued for activities unrelated to his conduct in office. And she wrote that New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood’s allegations that President Trump used his personal charity to settle personal financial affairs and further his political career were “very serious.”

Scarpulla’s ruling was a green light allowing the case to proceed, exposing Trump to millions of dollars in potential penalties.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/fivepoint ... an-proceed
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Six String

Postby Six String » 26 Nov 2018, 22:19

Hit him where it hurts. ($)

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 27 Nov 2018, 02:55

A transcript of exchanges between US President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin has been leaked to National News Conglomerate by an anonymous source within the Kremlin. We here at NNC have confirmed the authenticity of this document using the same rigorous verification process we’ve been using to authenticate the evidence for all our other reporting on Russia’s involvement in the 2016 US elections over the last two years. These verification methods include hunches, gut intuitions, and an introspective assessment of the way our feelings feel. The following exchanges revealed in this transcript provide the clearest evidence yet that the President of the United States has been in collusion with the Russian government for years.

This introduction has been authored by the editorial board of the National News Conglomerate. Obey.

~

11/9/2016

Trump: I have done as you commanded, my dominant and all-powerful lord. I have conspired with your hackers to steal the election, and now I’m going to be president! I want to thank you for not releasing that video footage of those Russian prostitutes I hired to urinate on a bed the Obamas once slept in. If that had come out it would have offended and alienated a lot of people, which is something I never normally do.

Putin: Yes that is an old KGB tactic called kompromat, a word which only extremely intelligent people know about. Keep this line of communication open. As long as you do as I command, your pee pee tape will remain secret.

Trump: One thing I’m curious about though my lord, if you don’t mind my asking. If you already had an army of hackers targeting Democratic Party emails, why did you need my help? Couldn’t you just have hacked the emails and published them on your own? Why did you need me to interact with them at all?

Putin: Moral support, mainly. We don’t need to get into specifics.

Trump: Oh okay.

~

1/20/2017

Trump: I’m in! Whew! I was really worried that leaked dossier would be the end of me! What are my instructions, my lord?

Putin: Begin introducing racism and division to the United States. America has never experienced these things before, and it will shock and disorient them. With the US divided against itself, your nation will be far too weak to stand against my plans of total world domination.

Trump: That’s a really tall order! America has always been a harmonious place where everyone gets along up until today. I’ll try my best though. Anything else?

Putin: Yes, make them distrust your nation’s large media outlets and convince them that the US intelligence community is often dishonest.

Trump: That will be really hard because those institutions have always been trusted for their unparalleled integrity. But your wish is my command, oh lord.

~

4/7/2017

Putin: Bomb a Syrian airbase.

Trump: What? Really? Aren’t they, like, your allies?

Putin: Exactly. This will throw inquisitive minds off the scent. We can’t have them finding out about that pee tape.

Trump: Are you sure? Some people are saying that chemical attack looks like it could have been perpetrated by the many terrorist factions in Syria and not the government.

Putin: Who cares? Have you seen how relentless they’ve been in exposing us?? Have you never watched Rachel Maddow? That woman is a psychic bloodhound, masterfully sniffing out the truth at every turn! We can’t afford to take chances. Do as I say.

Trump: Yes sir.

Putin: And see if you can arrest that WikiLeaks guy.

~

5/14/17

Trump: Hey do you want me to do anything about Montenegro’s addition to NATO?

Putin: No. NATO expansion is good.

Trump: Uhhh okay.

~

6/28/17

Trump: Who do you want tapped for Ukraine envoy?

Putin: Kurt Volker.

Trump: Volker? He hates you! He’s like the biggest Russia hawk ever.

Putin: We still need to throw the Russiagaters off the scent. We’re playing 3-D chess here. This is high-level disinformation, or dezinformatsiya as very smart people call it. I want as many Russia hawks in your administration as possible.

Trump: 3-D chess? Alright. I guess you know what you’re doing.

~

8/30/17

Putin: Shut down the Russian consulate in San Francisco and throw out a bunch of diplomats. That will confuse the hell out of them.

~

11/21/17

Putin: Now approve the sale of arms to Ukraine. Not even Obama would do that. This will throw them off the trail for sure.

~

1/1/18

Putin: Happy new year. Force RT and Sputnik to register as foreign agents.

~

1/29/18

Putin: Make sure your Nuclear Posture Review greatly escalates its aggressive posture toward Russia.

~

2/14/18

Putin: Happy Valentine’s Day. Don’t worry about those Russians your guys killed in Syria.

~

2/19/18

Putin: Send a fleet of war ships to the Black Sea.

~

3/25/18

Putin: Better expel a few dozen diplomats over the Skripal thing.

~

4/5/18

Putin: Sanction a bunch of Russian oligarchs.

~

4/10/18

Putin: Bomb Syria.

Trump: What?? Again?

Putin: Yes.

Trump: What the hell, man? Why’d you even recruit me if you’re just going to have me do everything all the Russia hawks want?

Putin: Well, you know how I told you we were playing 3-D chess against the Russiagate investigation?

Trump: Yeah?

Putin: Well that wasn’t enough. Now we’re playing 4-D chess.

Trump: Fine, whatever, I don’t care. Just don’t release my pee tape.

~

7/17/18

Trump: Oh man. They’re really making a major fuss about that summit. What should I do?

Putin: Play it cool. Don’t let them know about our secret diabolical plot.

Trump: Right. Remind me what that was again?

Putin: Make Jim Acosta feel really, really sad.

~

9/2/18

Putin: Have you arrested Julian Assange yet?

Trump: Working on it.

~

10/20/18

Putin: I like John Bolton’s idea. Pull out of the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty.

~

11/25/18

Putin: Make sure your administration loudly and aggressively backs Ukraine in our Kerch Strait spat.

Trump: OMFG this is getting too weird. Are you just trolling me? What the hell is this?

Trump: Hello?

Trump: Are you there?

Trump: Answer me!

Putin: 5-D chess.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/leak ... 128ad19283

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 27 Nov 2018, 14:09

So Manafort's plea deal is off because he continued lying to the prosecutors. Why would he do that? Marcy Wheeler has an interesting take:

Now, it is true that Trump can pardon Manafort (though that probably won’t happen right away). That’s the only sane explanation for Manafort doing what he did, that he is still certain he’ll be pardoned. But many of these charges can still be charged in state court.

Just about the only explanation for Manafort’s actions are that — as I suggested — Trump was happy to have Manafort serve as a mole in Mueller’s investigation.

But Mueller’s team appears to have no doubt that Manafort was lying to them. That means they didn’t really need his testimony, at all. It also means they had no need to keep secrets — they could keep giving Manafort the impression that he was pulling a fast one over the prosecutors, all while reporting misleading information to Trump that he could use to fill out his open book test. Which increases the likelihood that Trump just submitted sworn answers to those questions full of lies.

I have to admit it holds a certain appeal! :D

https://www.emptywheel.net/2018/11/26/m ... A414XfQnzc

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 27 Nov 2018, 15:25

BOOM: Here it is. CONSPIRACY AGAINST THE UNITED STATES. The Direct Bridge to the Trump campaign was a Russia-Wikileaks-Trump expressway. #LockHimUp https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... an-embassy

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 27 Nov 2018, 22:21

Snarfyguy wrote:
BOOM

Tish.

@WikiLeaks is willing to bet the Guardian a million dollars and its editor's head that Manafort never met Assange

https://off-guardian.org/2018/11/27/dis ... n-assange/

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 28 Nov 2018, 14:50

New York Times always on point...

If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 28 Nov 2018, 14:53

harvey k-tel wrote:New York Times always on point...

I hope you are posting this because of the Kenny Loggins and not Kenny Rogers mistake.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 28 Nov 2018, 23:57

Well Manafort does appear to be riding the Highway to the Danger Zone!

And I bet you anything his mama don't dance, and his daddy don't rock and roll.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 29 Nov 2018, 13:59

This Vanity Fair piece is very interesting.

Did Mueller know Manafort was blabbing to the White House during his cooperation stint?

If it's a battle of wits between Mueller and Trump's team, I know which side I'm betting on.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/11 ... chess-game

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 29 Nov 2018, 14:26

Cohen to plead guilty on lying to Congress re Russian connections during Trump campaign.

Hard to see the upside for he-who-is-somehow-president.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 29 Nov 2018, 16:38

Hey, Jimbo, wake up! Where are you?

How's that nothing burger?