President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Oct 2018, 23:54

The newest story is that intelligence agencies say that the Russians and Chinese are monitoring Trump's cell phone to gain sway in trade, but that Trump refuses to go to a secure landline.

And Hilary's server was a big deal?
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 25 Oct 2018, 00:25, edited 1 time in total.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 25 Oct 2018, 00:17

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -calls-nyt
I'm sure if Hillary had just taken the "but, it's so inconvenient" defense that she'd have several gray hairs & 11 hours of her life back.
I am not a robot.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 25 Oct 2018, 00:22

Jimbo wrote:If your memory is so short let me remind you how everyone said how the indicted 13 trolls, or whatever they were, would never see the inside of a US courtroom because Russia has no extradition treaty with the US. But these guys are flipping the table and basically turning themselves in saying let's have a trial. Apparently they are charged with interfering with an election and apparently that's not a real crime. They want to clear their names. (And probably to make a mockery of Mueller and co.) And if there is a trial (There won't be.) there should be a release of all the info the prosecutor has against them and then Russiagate would be exposed as a fraud, IMO a false flag op to goad Russia into a new cold war thus enriching a few already rich people - Democratic Party funders to be sure.

My emphasis.

If I recall correctly, YOU were one of those people, and I agreed and still do.

There aren't enough hours in the day for me address how either a) wrong or b) irrelevant the rest of this type of post is.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 27 Oct 2018, 08:26

Fair and balanced folks!

From the right we have a schleppy mad bomber and from the left there's The New York Times publishing a story about assassinating Trump.

HOW IT ENDS

By Zoë Sharp

Blah blah blah

The Russian waited until they were a few steps past before he drew the gun. He sighted on the center of the president’s back, and squeezed the trigger.

The Makarov misfired.

The Secret Service agent at the president’s shoulder heard the click, spun into a crouch. He registered the scene instantly, drawing his own weapon with razor-edge reflexes.

The Russian tasted failure. He closed his eyes and waited to pay the cost.

It did not come.

He opened his eyes. The Secret Service agent stood before him, presenting his Glock, butt first.

“Here,” the agent said politely. “Use mine. …”
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/23/book ... apter.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: The Secret Service officer helped the Russian to kill the President!
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 27 Oct 2018, 23:27

Our dear President said there should've been an armed guard at the synagogue. If Trump had his way, we'd have armed guards at Target and Panda Express.

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 27 Oct 2018, 23:40

sloopjohnc wrote:Our dear President said there should've been an armed guard at the synagogue. If Trump had his way, we'd have armed guards at Target and Panda Express.

To protect us from the “globalists,” one presumes.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Oct 2018, 15:27

Do we think it's any coincidence that our President denies the greater meaning of the word "nationalist," and 14 bombs are sent out and a synagogue is shot up in the days following?

I don't think so.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 29 Oct 2018, 16:00

"when someone shows you who they are -- believe them"
remember his response to Synagogues being attacked?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... r7W-QTVKG8

people were just trying to make him look bad. he said that. Jimbo and others might think all these "false flag" theories have merit. I think they are mostly just "get out of jail free" cards for asshats.
I am not a robot.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 29 Oct 2018, 17:29

here's yet another "bombshell" New York Times story that probably won't make so much as a ripple in the cesspool.
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/bombsh ... eople-nyt/
https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... 37.1.0.pdf

lawsuit alleges that TRUMP got paid to mislead people into endorsing things he claimed he made no profit from.
so, the President is an unethical con man. anybody who doesn't know this already doesn't care.
I am not a robot.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Oct 2018, 17:43

When the Pittsburgh shooting happened, I thought of a ex co-worker I worked with at the medical insurance company. We became friendly and I even bet him a six pack of Pittsburgh beer vs. San Francisco beer a couple years ago in a sports bet because he's from Pittsburgh.

I emailed him this morning and said I thought of him when the shooting happened. He told me his family have been members of the synagogue that was shot up for years and had family attending Saturday morning. They're all okay though.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 30 Oct 2018, 13:33

How badly is Trump going to fuck up this Pittsburgh visit today?
Charlottesville badly?
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 30 Oct 2018, 14:25

This birthright citizenship thing SHOULD have me positively fuming but to be honest it just feels like a rhetorical ploy to spin up The Base before midterms.

I mean, he can't just up and shred a Constitutional amendment.

Right? :?

Trump claims he can defy Constitution and end birthright citizenship
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 30 Oct 2018, 15:11

He can try, that’s all that matters. It’s a win win for him.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 30 Oct 2018, 15:26

LeBaron wrote:He can try, that’s all that matters. It’s a win win for him.

God, I'm so very tired of "winning"

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 30 Oct 2018, 15:37

Promises kept!!!
that Supreme Court has got his BACK -- he can do any fuckin' thing he wants.
I am not a robot.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 30 Oct 2018, 15:43

I'm not so much of a geek that I watch ALL the White House press briefings but I've watched a lot of them over the years.
that Sara Huckabee Sanders thing yesterday was the most appalling "press briefing" I've ever seen. She's been consistently bad but current events made this one truly appalling.

how dare you accuse the President of being divisive. How dare you say mean things. How dare you get in our faces while we're eating. basically "how dare you" was the theme of the damned thing. what a ghastly situation we find ourselves in. I frequently encourage my adult daughter to spend more time with the news. I tell her it's important to have a sense of what's going on. I rescinded this advice yesterday. I need more cat videos and I need them now. I need to stop thinking about how FUCKED I think we are.
Last edited by Sneelock on 30 Oct 2018, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a robot.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 30 Oct 2018, 15:44

don't worry - I'm going to vote and encourage everyone around me to vote but I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel right now. I need to and I don't.
I am not a robot.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 30 Oct 2018, 16:03

Count Machuki wrote:How badly is Trump going to fuck up this Pittsburgh visit today?
Charlottesville badly?

I was watching CNN last night and they had the rabbi and a parishioner of the synagogue on. They pleaded with Trump to wait a week since they are presenting and attending funerals. They didn't say it, but it sure seems like grandstanding by the President to make up for other fuck ups. The trouble is, by doing that, he's going to fuck up this too.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 30 Oct 2018, 16:04

Sneelock wrote:I'm not so much of a geek that I watch ALL the White House press briefings but I've watched a lot of them over the years.
that Sara Huckabee Sanders thing yesterday was the most appalling "press briefing" I've ever seen. She's been consistently bad but current events made this one truly appalling.

how dare you accuse the President of being divisive. How dare you say mean things. How dare you get in our faces while we're eating. basically "how dare you" was the theme of the damned thing. what a ghastly situation we find ourselves in. I frequently encourage my adult daughter to spend more time with the news. I tell her it's important to have a sense of what's going on. I rescinded this advice yesterday. I need more cat videos and I need them now. I need to stop thinking about how FUCKED I think we are.

I tweeted her yesterday after that, calling her the worse kind of hack and shill in the press secretary position there's ever been.

And there's been a lot!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 30 Oct 2018, 16:08

thanks, sloop. you can be pretty persuasive. maybe she'll knock that shit off.
I am not a robot.