President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 04 Oct 2018, 00:30

Sneelock wrote:the conservatives bouncing around in my personal gumball machine feel about the New York Times about the way Right Wing Dad feels about the Senate Judiciary committee -- namely SNARL.

The report seems like good, solid work. Of course it's two years too late. :x
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 04 Oct 2018, 17:32

A new corporate filing in the United Kingdom shows that Donald Trump’s prized Turnberry golf resort still hasn’t turned a profit for the president. According to paperwork filed last week by the Trump Organization, the Scottish property lost £3.3 million or nearly $4.5 million in 2017.

On his personal financial disclosure forms filed in the United States, Trump claimed the course earned him $20.3 million in “golf revenue”—which the UK filings for his company, Golf Recreation Scotland Limited, the parent firm of the Turnberry resort, back up. But Trump didn’t disclose that he spent far more to operate the course.

The course has been in the red since Trump purchased it in 2014 for $60 million. He subsequently pumped more than $140 million into renovating the property. In previous years, the Trump family claimed the losses occurred because the resort had been partially closed. Last year, however, the resort was fully open for business.

According to filings in the UK, the Turnberry course has lost about $44.5 million since 2014.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 04 Oct 2018, 17:35

Sneelock wrote:the conservatives bouncing around in my personal gumball machine feel about the New York Times about the way Right Wing Dad feels about the Senate Judiciary committee -- namely SNARL.

That's part of what gets me. Why they believe Trump lock, stock, and barrel.

My dad finally turned against Vietnam when Cronkite did and I don't remember this kind of resentment in the Watergate hearings.

Is it just distrust in government institutions and the general media? I guess I get that, but why put your faith in a charlatan?

Are people that desperate. Maybe they are.

$P.Muff$

Postby $P.Muff$ » 04 Oct 2018, 18:08

For the most part, I don't perceive desperation, but rather a toxic mix of evny, bitterness, xenophobia, feelings of personal inadequacy, ignorance (willful or not) and just plain meanness. There really isn't a consistent philosophy amongst his base other than: 'libruls mad = policy good'.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 04 Oct 2018, 18:27

sloopjohnc wrote:A new corporate filing in the United Kingdom shows that Donald Trump’s prized Turnberry golf resort still hasn’t turned a profit for the president. According to paperwork filed last week by the Trump Organization, the Scottish property lost £3.3 million or nearly $4.5 million in 2017.

On his personal financial disclosure forms filed in the United States, Trump claimed the course earned him $20.3 million in “golf revenue”—which the UK filings for his company, Golf Recreation Scotland Limited, the parent firm of the Turnberry resort, back up. But Trump didn’t disclose that he spent far more to operate the course.

The course has been in the red since Trump purchased it in 2014 for $60 million. He subsequently pumped more than $140 million into renovating the property. In previous years, the Trump family claimed the losses occurred because the resort had been partially closed. Last year, however, the resort was fully open for business.

According to filings in the UK, the Turnberry course has lost about $44.5 million since 2014.

It's not exactly a silver lining, but I'll be amused if it emerges that the gist of this article is correct.

How Trump Is Trying—And Failing—To Get Rich Off His Presidency

All these world-class swindlers like Scott Pruitt and Steve Mnuchin enriching themselves like pigs at a trough, but fucking Donald Trump is too stupid to know how to do it right. :lol:
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 04 Oct 2018, 18:49

Or in the case of the Jimbos of the world, anti-status-quo=policy good. Why anyone would be dumb enough to think that a wealthy person who benefits from having the status quo stay exactly how it is would attack the status quo in any way is beyond me, but there you have it.
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

$P.Muff$

Postby $P.Muff$ » 04 Oct 2018, 18:55

Since granny got on FB she' s become a real political sage, dont'cha know?!

Sneelock

Melania's Fashion Statements

Postby Sneelock » 06 Oct 2018, 00:29

Did you see that picture of Melania in Africa wearing a pith helmet?
is she sending messages with her clothes? seriously, it seems, because of "I don't care do U" that she either puts NO thought into what she wears or a lot of thought into it.

a pith helmet would seem an odd choice if you thought about it. do you think she thought about it? I wonder.
scan not a friend with a microscopic glass

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 06 Oct 2018, 00:37

^^^ What, no sedan chair?

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Oct 2018, 01:09

:lol: and no palm fronds???
scan not a friend with a microscopic glass

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 06 Oct 2018, 02:22

She's taking the pith.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 06 Oct 2018, 02:31

Or pleading it.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 06 Oct 2018, 03:09

This piece in the NYRB soberly and without hyperbole lays out ways in which our present moment resembles the period during which the Weimar Republic gave way to Naziism.

<snip>
Because an ever-shrinking base of support for traditional conservatism made it impossible to carry out their authoritarian revision of the constitution, Hindenburg and the old right ultimately made their deal with Hitler and installed him as chancellor. Thinking that they could ultimately control Hitler while enjoying the benefits of his popular support, the conservatives were initially gratified by the fulfillment of their agenda: intensified rearmament, the outlawing of the Communist Party, [but also] the suspension first of freedom of speech, the press, and assembly and then of parliamentary government itself, a purge of the civil service, and the abolition of independent labor unions. Needless to say, the Nazis then proceeded far beyond the goals they shared with their conservative allies, who were powerless to hinder them in any significant way.
</snip>

More alarming, it also lays out ways in ways in which the present moment doesn't resemble that period - but which actually turn out to be even SCARIER.

Well worth a read.

https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2018/1 ... democracy/

$P.Muff$

Postby $P.Muff$ » 09 Oct 2018, 02:59

12 years or we're fucked say the IPCC. The perfect time to send a memo to the EPA asking for a regulation to be drafted allowing for the year-round sale of highly polluting E15 ethanol. Chuck Grassley couldn't be happier, I'm sure.

fange

Postby fange » 09 Oct 2018, 03:58

“The main base of the Democrats have shifted so far left that we'll end up being Venezuela. This country would end up being Venezuela.”

- Donald Trump
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 09 Oct 2018, 15:35

^ idiota

Anyway, Nikki Haley's out? Prepping a Presidential run, no doubt.
Watch her desperately try to distance herself from Trump over the next year.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

$P.Muff$

Postby $P.Muff$ » 09 Oct 2018, 15:56

There's already speculation amongst the tinfoil cap crowd that she authored the anonymous NYT article.

THE SMOOTH SOUL STYLINGS OF SUMPTUOUS SI
hounds people off the board

Postby THE SMOOTH SOUL STYLINGS OF SUMPTUOUS SI » 09 Oct 2018, 16:35

and yet they were 'heaping praise on each other' just after she announced this
GoogaMooga wrote:I've been GoogaMooga everywhere since I went online in 2005. There are copycats on the web incl a Brooklyn Food Festival, who have even adopted my camel case "M".

sloopjohnc

Re: Melania's Fashion Statements

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 Oct 2018, 16:39

Sneelock wrote:a pith helmet would seem an odd choice if you thought about it. do you think she thought about it? I wonder.

Not beyond the photo op, she didn't. I don't think she has any bigger comprehension beyond what makes her look good.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 09 Oct 2018, 17:45

Ivanka for UN representative!