President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sneelock

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 27 Sep 2018, 22:32

Also, he has a history of insensitive & cavalier statements about women and what their rights are.
scan not a friend with a microscopic glass

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 27 Sep 2018, 23:53

Also, he was nominated by an unindicted co-conspirator.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 27 Sep 2018, 23:56

bobzilla77 wrote:Yes it is being called a "generational thing." You used to be allowed to not just force yourself on women but stick things into them without getting in trouble, if you were a dude. That is not quite as true in the current generation.

I remember the good old days when you could hit 'em over the head with your club and drag them by their hair.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 28 Sep 2018, 01:04

...and they'd still go bring you a slab of charred animal flesh.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 28 Sep 2018, 22:55

Andy Griffith: "What's fightin to some, is lovin to others."
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 29 Sep 2018, 06:57

Caitlin nails it again!

The Enemy Of Humanity Will Never, Ever Look Like This Again

Trump, like all US presidents, is entirely beholden to an alliance of plutocrats and secretive government agencies which comprises the “steady state” and ensures the continuation of policies and agendas throughout the coming and going of America’s official elected government. This alliance spans far outside America’s borders to any government, agency, oligarch or faction it can absorb into its blob, and the agendas and policies it protects and advances are not geared toward the interests of any nation or its people. It is an alliance of the powerful geared exclusively toward amassing more power for the powerful.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/the- ... 07011c3bab
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Oct 2018, 21:49

I don't know if anyone saw Trump insult ABC newsperson, Cecilia Vega. I hate the guy. When you insult someone, and she calls you on it, at least stand up for what you said. He's a coward.

space. invadere
hounds people off the board

Postby space. invadere » 01 Oct 2018, 21:51

sloopjohnc wrote:I don't know if anyone saw Trump insult ABC newsperson, Cecilia Vega. I hate the guy. When you insult someone, and she calls you on it, at least stand up for what you said. He's a coward.

I just saw that now. 'I know you're not thinking - you never do'. And surrounded by his grinning henchmen.

I really want to see him keel over after suffering the mother of all cardiac arrests.
GoogaMooga wrote:I've been GoogaMooga everywhere since I went online in 2005. There are copycats on the web incl a Brooklyn Food Festival, who have even adopted my camel case "M".

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Oct 2018, 22:48

What an astonishing dickhead.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 01 Oct 2018, 23:06

Jimbo wrote:Caitlin nails it again!

It makes sense you’d be smitten. She peddles in just the kind of facile cultural critique that gets you hard.

Yes, dummy. We all know that the rich are calling the shots. Now what?
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 02 Oct 2018, 00:03

TootyFrooty wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:I don't know if anyone saw Trump insult ABC newsperson, Cecilia Vega. I hate the guy. When you insult someone, and she calls you on it, at least stand up for what you said. He's a coward.

I just saw that now. 'I know you're not thinking - you never do'. And surrounded by his grinning henchmen.

I really want to see him keel over after suffering the mother of all cardiac arrests.

With Jared smirking right next to him. He's the guy I really want to see being led out of the courtroom in tears.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 02 Oct 2018, 00:43

sloopjohnc wrote:With Jared smirking right next to him. He's the guy I really want to see being led out of the courtroom in tears.

I almost feel like, if I could ask for one thing in this life -- apart from my child outliving me or whatever -- it would be having the satisfaction of seeing these assholes get their comeuppance.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 02 Oct 2018, 01:09

Not only that, it’s gotta be spectacular.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 02 Oct 2018, 01:27

Well yeah. If I'm gonna ask for something it had better be really gratifying.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 02 Oct 2018, 01:38

Comeuppance Day Party at the Snarfys!!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 02 Oct 2018, 02:31

Davey the Fat Boy wrote: Now what?

Dunno. Probably, sadly, nothing new or better. Trump either wins or maybe a Democrat gets in and stupidly tells us more lies about Russia (or invents a new Goldstein because if not for Trump there'd be no RUSSIA!) to boost the MIC economy and hopefully we muddle through another administration.

Sane people think once we are aware of a problem then we can fix it. It's not enough to call out that the emperor is wearing no clothes but calling out that the emperor system is a wretched wreck. But you, Davey, no dummy, would rather keep lying and keep being lied to for somehow or other this fun house of lies and mirrors has made America a pretty damn good country. If then one then must choose which set of lies to believe I'd rather believe in God. God help us all.
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 02 Oct 2018, 04:31

It’s a matter of degree, man. It’s the difference between pickpockets & people who hit you over the head with blackjacks. Every “credible” front runner that’s a registered Democrat that had a vote, voted for that obscene military budget. Me big hypocrite. Not give flying fuck. I LONG for sneaky, lying politicians. I’m sicker than FUCK of lazy careless liars who proudly justify ghastly policies.

So, you choose to wait for Captain Marvel to zap us right between the eyes. I prefer baby steps to waiting. We have enough exciting candidates that I’m halfway convinced we might get way better than baby steps. A lot of Dems have been recently reminded what a shit-heel presumed front runner Kindly Unca Joe was during the Thomas hearings. Is this the end of Joe? Probably not but shit gets harder for Dems by the same measure they get easier for Repubs. Could Kagan have been approved without being vetted with a mammoth paper trail? Would any Dem have gotten away with “I moved on her like a bitch”? Of course not. Be disappointed in Dems. It’s the national pastime of Dems but if we expect more of them, we stand a good chance of actually getting more. I’ll take Robber/Barons who pretend to give a shit to help themselves politically over ones are smug and lazy because they don’t have to.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 02 Oct 2018, 06:22

Look - It isn’t like I’m just in LOVE with settling for less. But there are two basic questions you have to ask yourself about “change” if you are going to try to bring any on:

1. What does the world you want look like?

2. How do you get there from here?

Jimbo - I think you’ve been immersed in this grand narrative of “everyone but the folks in my online tribe are complicit in ruining the world” that I don’t think you have the smallest inkling what a world you would find acceptable looks like. At this point all you really seem to want is validation...that you and Caitlin and Cenk and Jimmy Dore and Robert Parry and Bernie and Alexandria and Tulsi are right - and everyone else is either corrupt or deluded.

It’s all oppositional. Even Bernie (the one with the closest thing to a vision) is offering some pretty meager policy ideas.

So what’s the vision? To replace a rotten system with a great one? What makes you so sure that something better grows in this soil after the demolition is done? What’s the blueprint for what you want to build?

You have no answers for any of that (and I predict that you won’t address any of it directly). So why should we take you seriously?

Most of us uninspiring and deluded Democrats aren’t blind to the fact that our country/world is controlled by oligarchy. Nor are we blind to the military industrial complex, and the obvious fact that all sorts of shitty foreign policy outrages are committed in our names.

It’s a Gordion knot of existential proportion. More vexing - there isn’t even a bad guy to defeat, because the machine got away from itself generations ago. Nobody is actually in control. That’s the part you really don’t seem to get.

So the questions I asked above have to be considered in that light. There is no straight shot to a world that either of us would want from where we are now. It’s going to take an almost endless series of bank shots. None of which are helped by having someone like you on the sidelines getting mad because we’re not just hitting it directly in one shot.
Last edited by Davey the Fat Boy on 02 Oct 2018, 15:45, edited 3 times in total.
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 02 Oct 2018, 06:46

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
1. What does the world you want look like?

2. How do you get there from here?

I want what Obama had promised. Did that not seem doable? It did to me.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 02 Oct 2018, 07:21

Life goes on. He’s campaigning for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Lord knows he could be throwing his considerable muscle elsewhere. Baby steps.