President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby LeBaron » 06 Sep 2018, 18:51

I don’t think he can fire the VP (I could be wrong, but the VP is elected) but impeachment would do it.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 06 Sep 2018, 20:37

Some bloke on twitter just posted this:

The op-ed is an attempt to take out an insurance policy for the GOP and conservatism if and when things get much much worse. It's a very public hedge meant to preserve the reputation of the GOP's entire political and governing class.

Seems plausible.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Sep 2018, 20:54

As soon as things seem like they can’t get any weirder, they do.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/do ... 2f4729bd87

Mueller’s Comey’s best friend,” Trump told the Daily Caller. “And I could give you 100 pictures of him and Comey hugging and kissing each other.”
scan not a friend with a microscopic glass

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 06 Sep 2018, 22:44

Deebank wrote:Some bloke on twitter just posted this:

The op-ed is an attempt to take out an insurance policy for the GOP and conservatism if and when things get much much worse. It's a very public hedge meant to preserve the reputation of the GOP's entire political and governing class.

Seems plausible.

Likely, in fact. Why else would someone in this secret "resistance" trumpet its existence, anonymously or otherwise, in the NY Times?

Greg Sargent at the Washington Post reckons so, too.

I call B.S. If anything, the sum total of the revelations offered, while valuable in some respects, reveals the sharp limits on which Trumpian impulses these greatly alarmed patriots discern to be seriously damaging to the country. In so doing, it actually reveals just how deeply insufficient these constraining efforts really are. If the people around Trump think this sort of display will insulate them from any post-Trump reckoning, we’d better make sure it fails ignominiously.

The New York Times piece, which is being widely treated as an internal resistance blueprint and marker of an important historical moment, is by an official who claims to be one of many “working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.” But which agenda items, and which inclinations, exactly? ...

It’s hard to avoid the conclusion that this internal resistance doesn’t think these other things — the corruption, the bad-faith white-nationalist agenda and the immense human damage it is inflicting, the authoritarian attacks on our institutions — are as damaging to the country, or at least as worthy of sounding the alarm about and acting to constrain, as, say, his trade policies are.

What all this really signals is how those who are currently enabling Trump will try to circumscribe the post-Trump reckoning to come.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/09/06/trumps-paranoid-rage-is-getting-worse-but-the-white-house-resistance-is-a-sham/?utm_term=.96ddb9cd1c87&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Sep 2018, 23:31

I hope that means there's a "bloody hammer" about to hit the airwaves.
I mean, the op-ed says the policies are great but the President is "amoral"
sounds to me like somebody is battening down the hatches.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 07 Sep 2018, 05:11

The revelations in the NYT op-ed don't actually tell us anything we didn't already know. Essentially, the "cabal" is out to protect none other than Donald Trump (if only from himself) in order to further the right's agenda, i.e. tax cuts for the wealthy, decimation of public schools, etc. If anything, they've been doing him favor by preventing him from blowing up his presidency via his own ineptitude and he should rightfully be thankful to them.

The fact that they're his witting abettors in the service of their own ends is more disgraceful than courageous, and providing the cult with an admission of a virtual "shadow government" that routinely undermines the president's authority is a profound mis-step.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 07 Sep 2018, 05:23

He sure went from “it’s all fake” to demanding to know who it was in record time.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 07 Sep 2018, 06:18

Snarfyguy wrote: The fact that they're his witting abettors...

They're not. There is no "they're" there. The most likely writer of the NYT piece is the NYT itself, with encouragement from the deep state which has been trying to take down Trump, especially thwart his peaceful moves towards Russia, from the start.

I Know Who the “Senior Official” Is Who Wrote the NY Times Op-Ed

The fake op-ed serves to validate from within the Trump administration the false reporting by the New York Times that serves the interests of the military/security complex to hold on to enemies with whom Trump prefers to make peace. For example, the alleged “senior official” misrepresents, as does the New York Times, President Trump’s efforts to reduce dangerous tensions with North Korea and Russia as President Trump’s “preference for autocrats and dictators, such as President Vladimir Putin of Russia and North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un” over America’s “allied, like-minded nations.” This is the same non-sequitur that the New York Times has expressed endlessly. Why is resolving dangerous tensions a “preference for dictators” and not a preference for peace? The New York Times has never explained, and neither does the “senior official.” ...

https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2018/0 ... mes-op-ed/

Cautlin disagrees, sort of.

I believe that a senior Trump administration official probably did write that anonymous op-ed. I do not believe that they were moved to write it out of compassion for the poor Americans who are feeling emotionally stressed about the president. I believe it was written and published for the same reason many other things are written and published in mainstream media: because we are all being played.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/we-a ... d6516f82a3
Last edited by Jimbo on 07 Sep 2018, 07:01, edited 2 times in total.
Gadfly

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 07 Sep 2018, 06:30

I say Glenn Greenwald wrote it.
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 07 Sep 2018, 07:05

Jimbo wrote:The most likely writer of the NYT piece is the NYT itself, with encouragement from the deep state which has been trying to take down Trump, especially thwart his peaceful moves towards Russia, from the start.

WTF do his “peaceful moves towards Russia” mean when we are dealing with shit like this?
http://tass.com/world/1020372

Reveal the list of targets, which, as was reported, the Pentagon has chosen for a possible airstrike by the three nations," ..."If you believe that those locations are related to the storage of chemical weapons, then show some respect to the international law and forward this information to the OPCW [Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons - TASS]."

“The Deep State”is out to get TRUMP because he wants to be pals with Russia who doesn’t seem to give a flying fuck about being pals with us. :lol: What a gigantic crock of shit.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 07 Sep 2018, 07:28

Sneelock wrote:
Jimbo wrote:The most likely writer of the NYT piece is the NYT itself, with encouragement from the deep state which has been trying to take down Trump, especially thwart his peaceful moves towards Russia, from the start.

WTF do his “peaceful moves towards Russia” mean when we are dealing with shit like this?
http://tass.com/world/1020372

“The Deep State”is out to get TRUMP because he wants to be pals with Russia who doesn’t seem to give a flying fuck about being pals with us. :lol: What a gigantic crock of shit.

What are you talking about? If you are saying how can Trump want peace with Russia when he is acting as belligerently as Obama in Syria then yes, there is an odd dichotomy between his rhetoric and his actions.

But regarding the issue of the article it goes back some weeks when Russia got information that the US and its terrorist allies were planning another false flag gas attack in Idlib, the last holdout of the terrorists. A gas attack would occur (again) and be blamed on Assad (again) which would trigger the western forces to come down hard and save the day for the terrorists. I fail to see what your beef is with the Russians in this article. The Americans are saying they know where the Syrians are storing their chemical weapons and will bomb the sites and the Russians, who deny there is a Syrian chemical weapons stash, want some evidence of this charge. And note how the Russians are using diplomacy while we have kooky Nicky Haley, with whom you seem to agree.
Gadfly

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 07 Sep 2018, 07:34

My point is that things are NOT getting any less tense with Russia. In many ways they are getting worse. The idea that the bad old guard wants to screw Russia while TRUMP is the Prince of Peace with Russia gets progressively more absurd. I’d say Russia’s respect for the TRUMP admin is pretty much non-existent at this point.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 07 Sep 2018, 07:42

Sneelock wrote:My point is that things are NOT getting any less tense with Russia. In many ways they are getting worse. The idea that the bad old guard wants to screw Russia while TRUMP is the Prince of Peace with Russia gets progressively more absurd. I’d say Russia’s respect for the TRUMP admin is pretty much non-existent at this point.

I agree. Shit is ramping up in Syria and the showdown is at hand. Trump's odd war/peace relationship with Russia aside, the best solution is for the US to back off and let Russia and Syria handle the terrorists and let Syria be Syria.
Gadfly

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Sep 2018, 10:57

Anyhoo.....

Sheets of empty canvas, untouched sheets of clay.......

Eddie Shah environment
hounds people off the board

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 07 Sep 2018, 12:59

:lol:
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 08 Sep 2018, 11:22

Welp, according to Caitlin it seems like Trump - like Obama and like Bush before him ( and on and on down the line) - lied about our foreign policy and now it looks like the US is in Syria to stay. According to the WAPO

“We’ve started using new language,” (the State Department's) Jeffrey said, referring to previous warnings against the use of chemical weapons. Now, he said, the United States will not tolerate “an attack. Period.”

“Any offensive is to us objectionable as a reckless escalation” he said. “You add to that, if you use chemical weapons, or create refu­gee flows or attack innocent civilians,” and “the consequences of that are that we will shift our positions and use all of our tools to make it clear that we’ll have to find ways to achieve our goals that are less reliant on the goodwill of the Russians.”

(Caitlin)
So we’ve got Trump administration officials saying that the extremist factions which were armed and supported by the US and its allies during the Obama administration are completely off limits, and that the military occupation of Syria will continue until Syria’s Middle Eastern allies leave the country and the Syrian government begins acting as America commands.

But leave it to Caitlin to be much more than a Cassandra with only bad news. Read the article and see that she has a way for us to get out of this morass. Do read her work. It is inspirational.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/trum ... a363947536
Gadfly

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 08 Sep 2018, 19:55

:roll: Caitlin.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 09 Sep 2018, 03:44

Jim Carrey on Bill Maher where he makes justifiable fun of Trump but what got my goat in the clip was (at 12:10) when Maher defers to Obama campaign manager David Axelrod and Axelrod shits on new Democratic primary winners who campaigned on "Medicare for all, ending student debt, a different approach to the war on terror, ending mass incarceration". I use quotes because note how mealy-mouthed Axelrod can't even say these words back and then poo-poos them as local issues. I had to give my computer the finger.
Gadfly

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 09 Sep 2018, 05:24

No...he doesn’t dismiss them as local issues. He dismisses the notion that Stacey Abrams, Ayanna Pressley, Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez and Kerri Evelyn Harris (Maher doesn’t even get her name right) are the party’s true north...and he is right.

He counters with Conor Lamb (and could have added Doug Jones) as an example of a Democrat winning a general election in a red-leaning district/state.

The words “those candidates reflected their districts well” may piss you off. But it is the truth.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 09 Sep 2018, 09:00

SYRIA 180: US Regime Change Plan is Back (It Never Left)

September 7, 2018

21st Century Wire says…

In a new report released on Thursday, President Trump ‘does a 180’ on his previous policy against pursuing regime change in Syria – now agreeing to “a new strategy for an indefinitely extended military, diplomatic and economic effort there, according to senior State Department officials.”

https://21stcenturywire.com/2018/09/07/ ... ever-left/

Many think 9/11 was the result of "blowback" especially for stationing US troops in Saudi Arabia. Of course I think the US did it to themselves but for the sake of the CIA's "plausible deniability" blowback is a pretty good excuse. Assuming the terror attacks we've endured since 9/11 were because of blowback, how is it we've never learned it isn't a good idea to do what we do? Maybe it's always bullshit we're fed by the media and politicians and the US has been and still is the rogue nation we're always warned about. Projection. It's like we're living in a false flag reality and constantly blaming the other guys for what we are doing ourselves.
Gadfly