President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Davey the Fat Boy

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 31 Aug 2018, 19:31

So much breathless hyperbole.

Nobody believes that Russia is “trying to take America over.” But they want influence. Somebody there is CERTAINLY working overtime to influence you. But since your skepticism only works one direction - you are too dumb to realize it.
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 31 Aug 2018, 19:53

the establishment, the media, the actual dangerous geopolitical policies and actions our country is enacting, i.e., sanctions and still trying to overthrow Assad, and all based upon the myth of Russia aiming to take over America

Seriously? That's based on Russia aiming to take over America? So this is a new thing? And if we just stay out of Trump's way he'll solve everything?

Your ultimate idiocy is that you seem to really believe that HRC is the ideal foot soldier for these "geopolitical policies" and that Trump is somehow removed from them. I've got (not fake) news for you, pal - if HRC is guilty of perpetrating that shit, so's Trump - and we get the complete lack of decorum and class for good measure.

And seriously - does ANY of that date from the 90s - or does it start from well before any of the supposed evil geniuses were born?
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 02 Sep 2018, 00:10

In the "articles that you think come from The Onion but are from The New York Times" file is this.

Kremlin Sources Go Quiet, Leaving C.I.A. in the Dark About Putin’s Plans for Midterms

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/24/us/p ... tions.html
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 02 Sep 2018, 01:42

If the Obama Whitehouse had tried to do this with Kagan he would NOT have gotten away with it,
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/09/01/poli ... index.html
The Trump administration will hold back more than 100,000 pages of documents related to Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's service because the White House and the Department of Justice have determined they are protected by constitutional privilege, according to a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

The Repubs would have put up such a HOWL that every mainstream news show would have represented their point of view.

What astonishing horseshit.

Hopefully the Dems will attempt a little logic. Try nominating and fastracking someone with a public record we can regard while assessing them why don’t ya?
I am not a robot.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 04 Sep 2018, 13:13

Reality Winner, a real woman's name, was sentenced to five years in a federal pen for leaking a document to The Intercept. The Intercept featured the doc as hard evidence of Russian interference with the election. I was confused at the time because I thought that because Glenn Greenwald, co-founding editor, is a Russia-gate skeptic they'd debunk the doc. Plus I am used to my whistle blowers debunking the official story but Ms Winner seems to have confirmed it. Aaron Matte from the Real News is a skeptic and below he interviews James Risen, former national intelligence reporter for the NYT now at The Intercept. Risen came to the interview to talk about the harshness of Winner's sentence. Risen himself has taken a lot of heat in his career for exposing the mistakes of the intelligence community. When Bush was prez Risen was da man but now under Trump it seems like he's their bitch. Very interesting interview.

Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 04 Sep 2018, 16:31

Fox New Push Notification (thanks, Google, emphasis mine) wrote:Brett Kavanaugh hearing interrupted by Democratic senators, protests

How dare they?!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 04 Sep 2018, 17:18

Jimbo wrote:Reality Winner, a real woman's name, was sentenced to five years in a federal pen for leaking a document to The Intercept.

If Nixon or Reagan had been able to throw up "National Security" as a smokescreen the way every post 9/11 admin has - then watergate & iran contra never would have happened. it's cart fuckin' blanche is what it is.
I am not a robot.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 04 Sep 2018, 23:29

the internet today has quite the wind-up for Bob Woodward's book on the TRUMP White House. I'm sure all the mean and thoughtless things he's supposed to have said about the people he has appointed and Syria will get a lot of traction over the next few days.

For some reason Woodward released a phone call between him the President after the book had gone to galley. it's confounding. you get the sense that the guy you see winding up the crowds at his rallies is the way this guy normally acts. the phone call is full of all the same horseshit his speeches are (the "billions and billions" he is "saving NATO" for example).

anybody who is burning their Nikes won't care and Woodward has been known to coast on his laurels to put it mildly. still, the enthusiasm of people who once supported and worked for this guy to paint such a vivid picture of such an unpleasant fellow, while not surprising is troubling.
I am not a robot.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 05 Sep 2018, 22:03

Giuliani: “I don’t care about my legacy. I’ll be dead.”

Great. Real nice.

How Rudy Giuliani Turned Into Trump’s Clown
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 06 Sep 2018, 06:08

Curve ball!

The TL;DR appears to be that Trump apologists are now going to have ammunition for the (admitted and thereby proven) theory that an internal White House cabal operated to thwart the president's intentions.

Hard to see the upside here.

Side note: the president doesn't appear to know the difference between an editorial and an op-ed piece, which just shows to go you.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 06 Sep 2018, 16:58

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/p ... ork-times/

just posting for the last paragraph:

Yeah, his behavior in office has shocked the hell out of me, too. Who could've guessed that a raving know-nothing with a gold commode might turn out to be a tacky president*?

Enough of this stuff. Stand up in the light of day and tell your stories. All of them, right from the beginning. Admit that what you're confronting now is the end result of 40 years of conservative politics and all the government-is-the-problem malfeasance you've been imbibing since you were wingnuts in swaddling. The fire's licking at your ankles at last. Come out of the cupboards, you boys and girls. None of you are heroes.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 06 Sep 2018, 17:10

So who wrote the damn thing?

Lawrence O'Donnell made a pretty convincing case for Dan Coats last night. Coats has since denied it, if that means anything.

Some no-name? A bunch of people?

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 06 Sep 2018, 17:32

^^^ Philip K. Dick moment: it turns out to be Sarah Huckabee Sanders!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 06 Sep 2018, 17:49

Count Machuki wrote:So who wrote the damn thing?

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Sep 2018, 17:54

:lol: that was my next guess.

I'll tell you, I know I'm pretty gullible but I find the "lodestar"/Pence theory pretty persuasive.
I mean, it's not a word everybody uses and there are people claiming to show he's used it quite a lot over the years.
Also, who has more to gain? the editorial is a pretty weaselly thing in a lot of ways. He's doing great work but he's just so darned unpredictable.

If TRUMP is really getting ready to flame out then Pence is in the catbird seat. TRUMP voters could change horses without batting an eye and a lot of people who consider TRUMP extreme might go along as well. who on God's green earth has kissed TRUMP's ass more than Pence?
of course he denies it's him. wouldn't you?
I am not a robot.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 06 Sep 2018, 18:36

Pence has got a lot to lose, though, and I'm not sure he's got the balls to pull this kind of thing. Can a President up and fire a VP? I don't think they can, can they?

What if it's Stephen Miller in an elaborate false flag double-back turnaround pincers move?!

:o

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 06 Sep 2018, 18:51

I don’t think he can fire the VP (I could be wrong, but the VP is elected) but impeachment would do it.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 06 Sep 2018, 20:37

Some bloke on twitter just posted this:

The op-ed is an attempt to take out an insurance policy for the GOP and conservatism if and when things get much much worse. It's a very public hedge meant to preserve the reputation of the GOP's entire political and governing class.

Seems plausible.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Sep 2018, 20:54

As soon as things seem like they can’t get any weirder, they do.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/do ... 2f4729bd87

Mueller’s Comey’s best friend,” Trump told the Daily Caller. “And I could give you 100 pictures of him and Comey hugging and kissing each other.”
I am not a robot.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 06 Sep 2018, 22:44

Deebank wrote:Some bloke on twitter just posted this:

The op-ed is an attempt to take out an insurance policy for the GOP and conservatism if and when things get much much worse. It's a very public hedge meant to preserve the reputation of the GOP's entire political and governing class.

Seems plausible.

Likely, in fact. Why else would someone in this secret "resistance" trumpet its existence, anonymously or otherwise, in the NY Times?

Greg Sargent at the Washington Post reckons so, too.

I call B.S. If anything, the sum total of the revelations offered, while valuable in some respects, reveals the sharp limits on which Trumpian impulses these greatly alarmed patriots discern to be seriously damaging to the country. In so doing, it actually reveals just how deeply insufficient these constraining efforts really are. If the people around Trump think this sort of display will insulate them from any post-Trump reckoning, we’d better make sure it fails ignominiously.

The New York Times piece, which is being widely treated as an internal resistance blueprint and marker of an important historical moment, is by an official who claims to be one of many “working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.” But which agenda items, and which inclinations, exactly? ...

It’s hard to avoid the conclusion that this internal resistance doesn’t think these other things — the corruption, the bad-faith white-nationalist agenda and the immense human damage it is inflicting, the authoritarian attacks on our institutions — are as damaging to the country, or at least as worthy of sounding the alarm about and acting to constrain, as, say, his trade policies are.

What all this really signals is how those who are currently enabling Trump will try to circumscribe the post-Trump reckoning to come.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/09/06/trumps-paranoid-rage-is-getting-worse-but-the-white-house-resistance-is-a-sham/?utm_term=.96ddb9cd1c87&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1