President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
ORORORO
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17369
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby ORORORO » 11 Jul 2018, 16:41

Six String wrote:
ORORORO wrote:Trump's here in the UK this Friday (the 13th!). He'll get splattered.


Wish he'd visit Salisbury and lick a few park benches. :twisted:


Oh wouldn't that be just WONDERFUL?

Wouldn't that be the most supreme example of JUSTICE the world has ever seen?

Oh oh oh

ohhhh
the Fred Dinenage of bees! wrote:BCB is boring bald men stroking each other's cocks while recommending Alan Parsons Project bootlegs

User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 23534
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 11 Jul 2018, 17:23

The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

Image

User avatar
sneelock
Posts: 11553
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby sneelock » 11 Jul 2018, 17:51

Ha Ha Hillary. Ha Ha Pantsuits. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
I was doing my thing at work while Tucker Carlson was on last night (or the night before)
Tucker had a guest host so maybe the mechanics of the thing were a little easier to spot.
Like Tucker the guest host had on someone she disagreed with. like Tucker she presented herself as a fair and understanding person before engaging them. and then she did what FOX News has been doing reliably since the "Hannity & Colmes" days -- she presented a conflicting point of view for the sole purpose of marginalizing it. like Carson she looked smugly into the camera at the end of the "debate" as if to say. "obviously they were no match for ME!!!!"

there are 2 TV's in the break room. for about a week now a guy has the FOX on the main TV - he watches basketball on the other TV then when someone goes to change the channel (it's always on VERY LOUD) on the main TV- he comes out. tells them he's watching it. lingers until they leave and then leaves it blasting while he returns to his basketball game. No other programming is allowed. He'll back down if somebody goes Alpha Male on him but usually people don't really want to engage with him.

it was on this morning - the remote wouldn't work to change the channel and it was LOUD. it went something like this: oh, those foolish people in the Democrat Party, oh how out of touch they are with the AMERICAN PEOPLE by not admitting what a baseball coaching, fun loving, average American this Kavanaugh guy is. oh, how they hurt themselves by suggesting anyone will be affected negatively by any judgements he might make. polite chuckles mixed with derisive laughter. UGH. god bless the "mute" button.

what an advantage the Trump Admin. has in having the Nation's most popular News Channel be 100% behind anything he does. shit, there were people on there explaining why Melania's "I don't care do U?" jacket was a wonderful thing and why would anybody insult the American People by saying otherwise.

sheesh.
TuckerCrowe wrote:Is irony your answer to everything ?

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62457
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Jul 2018, 18:07

sneelock wrote:Ha Ha Hillary. Ha Ha Pantsuits. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
I was doing my thing at work while Tucker Carlson was on last night (or the night before)
Tucker had a guest host so maybe the mechanics of the thing were a little easier to spot.
Like Tucker the guest host had on someone she disagreed with. like Tucker she presented herself as a fair and understanding person before engaging them. and then she did what FOX News has been doing reliably since the "Hannity & Colmes" days -- she presented a conflicting point of view for the sole purpose of marginalizing it. like Carson she looked smugly into the camera at the end of the "debate" as if to say. "obviously they were no match for ME!!!!"

there are 2 TV's in the break room. for about a week now a guy has the FOX on the main TV - he watches basketball on the other TV then when someone goes to change the channel (it's always on VERY LOUD) on the main TV- he comes out. tells them he's watching it. lingers until they leave and then leaves it blasting while he returns to his basketball game. No other programming is allowed. He'll back down if somebody goes Alpha Male on him but usually people don't really want to engage with him.

it was on this morning - the remote wouldn't work to change the channel and it was LOUD. it went something like this: oh, those foolish people in the Democrat Party, oh how out of touch they are with the AMERICAN PEOPLE by not admitting what a baseball coaching, fun loving, average American this Kavanaugh guy is. oh, how they hurt themselves by suggesting anyone will be affected negatively by any judgements he might make. polite chuckles mixed with derisive laughter. UGH. god bless the "mute" button.

what an advantage the Trump Admin. has in having the Nation's most popular News Channel be 100% behind anything he does. shit, there were people on there explaining why Melania's "I don't care do U?" jacket was a wonderful thing and why would anybody insult the American People by saying otherwise.

sheesh.


You'd think with all this validation they get from Fox they'd be happier and not have to harass women wearing Puerto Rico jerseys or check moms' IDs along with their pool cards.
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 52658
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 11 Jul 2018, 18:07

sneelock wrote:He'll arrive late and leave early.

And insult the Queen.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

User avatar
bobzilla77
Posts: 15723
Joined: 23 Jun 2006, 02:56
Location: Dilute! Dilute! OK!

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby bobzilla77 » 11 Jul 2018, 18:24

I don't know if anybody else cares about the Nevada ranchers that got pardoned. I found it kind of fascinating that the US President would give a thumbs up to this kind of behavior - it seems like no matter who's in charge, the President should stand up for the idea that the Fed does in fact have power. Like, do you really want to give a thumbs up to insurrectionists? What good does it do? They''re just gonna get mad about something else and gonna rise up against you one day.

This piece has a lot of food for thought. Trump is gambling that by getting the people who live on the land out there to battle each other, he can give away all the protected land to industry and they'll support him while he does it.

https://thinkprogress.org/the-real-stor ... e1a8f735f/
Jimbo wrote:The Natural Times said no matter, essentially we are all doomed.


User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 23534
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 11 Jul 2018, 18:31

He sees them as emblematic of his base (rural white Christians). Their social, political and cultural supremacy is one of his only political convictions.
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

Image

User avatar
bobzilla77
Posts: 15723
Joined: 23 Jun 2006, 02:56
Location: Dilute! Dilute! OK!

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby bobzilla77 » 11 Jul 2018, 18:36

Yep, and he's stil making campaign promises to them. One day they may wake up and discover not feds coming to collect taxes, but oil men coming up to kick them off the land, and their militias will have to decide if they fight against people like that or just do what they say.
Jimbo wrote:The Natural Times said no matter, essentially we are all doomed.


User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62457
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Jul 2018, 18:40

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:He sees them as emblematic of his base (rural white Christians). Their social, political and cultural supremacy is one of his only political convictions.


Yep. But like Bobzilla writes, it is a potentially dangerous precedent.
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 23534
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 11 Jul 2018, 18:55

Maybe. But precedent hardly seems to mean anything anymore. In modern America, the same act is good when it benefits my tribe and bad when it benefits yours.

I think his “base” understands this implicitly. It’s a feature, not a bug.
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

Image

User avatar
sneelock
Posts: 11553
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby sneelock » 11 Jul 2018, 19:21

He's the man in the tin-foil hat. look how many of his pardons are for right-wing ram-rods -- Dinesh D'Souza, "Sherrif Joe", THOSE clowns...
yeah, these are his people and, you can bet, Donald Trump is a guy that expects favors when he gives favors.
TuckerCrowe wrote:Is irony your answer to everything ?

User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 23534
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 11 Jul 2018, 19:38

Someday, and that day may never come, Dom Trump will call upon you to do a service for him.
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

Image

User avatar
sneelock
Posts: 11553
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby sneelock » 11 Jul 2018, 22:02

:lol: the Domald.
TuckerCrowe wrote:Is irony your answer to everything ?

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 14952
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 12 Jul 2018, 12:34

Here is another, less naive view of the Chait article.

https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2018/0 ... g-roberts/
Gadfly

User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 23534
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 12 Jul 2018, 15:28

Like clockwork!
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

Image

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 37830
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Count Machuki » 12 Jul 2018, 15:30

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:He’ll be back.


That took, like, two pages! I think we're wearing him down. :?

Also, from the article:

presstitute media


ZING! Take that, objective reality!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 23534
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 12 Jul 2018, 15:49

Also...

“conscious or de facto CIA assets”

Did anyone notice that this latest article Jimbo posted doesn’t even bother to do any debunking of the articles it supposedly debunks? The guy just describes the various articles in somewhat unflattering terms - then finishes with a big, “This is the level of absurdity that the American media delivers to the public’s understanding of foreign affairs.”

Bra-vo! Robert Parry lives on!
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

Image

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 52658
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 12 Jul 2018, 19:26

Like Trump himself, Jimbo always seems persuaded by the most recent voice to have his ear.

The other day, Chait's piece seemed reasonable to him; today that view's been superseded by Paul Craig Roberts' no-doubt silver-tongued demolition of same (even as it appears to fail to address it in any substantive way).

Oh well!
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 12639
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: deepest Devon
Contact:

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Rayge » 13 Jul 2018, 16:09

In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

User avatar
sneelock
Posts: 11553
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby sneelock » 13 Jul 2018, 18:41

good. I'm just going to look at pictures of that crowd and try to decompress.
there's a week's worth of crap going on TODAY -- my brain is just plain shutting down. it's too much.
I'm like an Android on an old skool Star Trek episode. smoke is coming out of my ears. I'm shutting down.
tooo.
much.
TuckerCrowe wrote:Is irony your answer to everything ?