President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 38069
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Count Machuki » 10 Jul 2018, 18:41

bobzilla77 wrote:Nevada Ranchers pardoned today. I wonder what they'll invade next now that they have a green light from the President.


Stone Mountain, GA

You watch, shit's going to go down over there in the next few years.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15284
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 10 Jul 2018, 19:57

Don’t Like Antiwar Lefties Going On Fox Or RT? Blame CNN And MSNBC.
Caitlin Johnstone Jul 10


https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/dont ... 6b847dd62a
Gadfly

User avatar
Eddie Shah environment
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17998
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 10 Jul 2018, 22:11

Trump's here in the UK this Friday (the 13th!). He'll get splattered.
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 32253
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Goat Boy » 10 Jul 2018, 22:21

sloopjohnc wrote:
sneelock wrote:it's pretty simple really. everybody I know who carries on about how much they hate politics voted for TRUMP. they STILL hate politics - they hate the media, they hate the government, they love TRUMP. They hate "the elites" and hang on every word of a guy who boasts of his gold toilet. that's a lot of hate right there. He is the monster from their ID & they don't find this monster as fearsome as they find politics, media, government. go figure.

what I don't get is how long TRUMP will get away with running the government while continuing to capitalize on people hating it. you'd think the point would have passed already where some chickens would come home to roost but I'm not convinced it ever will. we have a President of the United States who threatens to shut down the government. you are either on the side that thinks this a wonderful thing or you think its CRAZY. never the twain shall meet.


Heard something last night that Trump supporters aren't really pro-conservative, just anti-liberal.


I have a facebook friend who's an American conservative. I don't think he's a fan of TRump and he claims he never voted for him but I definitely sense some kind of pleasure in seeing Libtards frothing at the mouth.

Sadly that's how partisan and entrenched things are these days.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.


Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

User avatar
LeBaron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 42903
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby LeBaron » 10 Jul 2018, 22:26

Give him hell, Britishers!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 11892
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 10 Jul 2018, 23:05

they call Libs snowflakes. you should HEAR how verklempt the American Conservative is over that TRUMP/Baby balloon. LOL. usually hearing them carry on is a burden but this is pretty sweet. He bullies everybody and they can't handle anybody noticing.
scan not a friend with a microscopic glass

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 11892
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 10 Jul 2018, 23:13

Goat Boy wrote:I have a facebook friend who's an American conservative. I don't think he's a fan of TRump and he claims he never voted for him but I definitely sense some kind of pleasure in seeing Libtards frothing at the mouth.

Sadly that's how partisan and entrenched things are these days.


I don't know about your friend but I've noticed a phenomenon dating at least as far back to W. running for re-election - I call it "the Stealth Republican"

I'm talking about Republicans who say they are "really more of a libertarian" and then spout some religious right crap. the ones who claim never to watch FOX News and then rattle off the three things FOX is talking about today. I knew a LOT of Repubs who said they weren't voting for TRUMP in the primary - I don't know how they voted - I wasn't at the booth with them but I'd bet money that MOST of them did.

My favorite is the Bill O'Reilly type Republican who identify themselves as "Independents". watch a C-SPAN call in show. Dems call the Dem line and FOX News watching lunatics call the Repub line AND the "Independent" line.

I don't think this is an accident. I think they want to appear to be a bigger, more diverse and more thoughtful group than they actually are. the FOX News boiler plate they generally fall back on shows this is either bullshit or that all that stuff enters their brains in other ways -- osmosis maybe.
scan not a friend with a microscopic glass

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 52837
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 11 Jul 2018, 03:37


Chait piece getting some traction in the form of a Politico look at it that reads like you smoked weed that was WAY stronger than you thought it would be.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ait-218966
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 52837
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 11 Jul 2018, 03:55

If only Trump were bumbling and ineffective, like regular stupid guys.

Instead, he seems to be courting catastrophe, for him and everyone else. He'll pull everything down with him if he can, and you know it.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15284
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 11 Jul 2018, 05:33

Snarfyguy wrote:

Chait piece getting some traction in the form of a Politico look at it that reads like you smoked weed that was WAY stronger than you thought it would be.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ait-218966


As I read the original story and then this what goes concurrently through my mind is why smart pundits like these can't apply their clearly deductive minds to conspiracies like 9/11. There are smart articles out here that if you but took the time to read would make you see that the official story is a crock. And this is why. In the second Trump-Putin connection story above is this bit of snark.

People who once wanted to imprison Hillary Clinton for a uranium deal approved by the U.S. government are now waving away 30 years of Moscow’s personal and financial investments in Donald Trump as though it’s nothing more than a condo purchase on an overdrawn checking account.


As if the uranium deal was the dirtiest charge against HRC. It isn't by far, especially if you look at the Clinton Foundation doings. Not to do that litigation here but had the writer said something like the Clintons have their own problematic issues but this Trump guy may be an actual traitor, had he given a nod to other "conspiracies" he'd have a lot more diverse people seeing truth.
Gadfly

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 66438
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Jul 2018, 06:05

Jimbo wrote:.... but had the writer said something like the Clintons have their own problematic issues but this Trump guy may be an actual traitor, had he given a nod to other "conspiracies" he'd have a lot more diverse people seeing truth.


Why must you conjoin the two?
Sheets of empty canvas, untouched sheets of clay.......

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15284
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 11 Jul 2018, 06:13

Diamond Dog wrote:
Jimbo wrote:.... but had the writer said something like the Clintons have their own problematic issues but this Trump guy may be an actual traitor, had he given a nod to other "conspiracies" he'd have a lot more diverse people seeing truth.


Why must you conjoin the two?


Ask the writer. He conjoined them first. He could have made his case without the dig and I wouldn't have noticed. Trump is digging his own grave. But if he wants to take a swipe at Hillary haters let him be as factual about why they hate her as he is about why he thinks Trump might be in league with the Russians.
Gadfly

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 66438
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Jul 2018, 07:52

Jimbo wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
Jimbo wrote:.... but had the writer said something like the Clintons have their own problematic issues but this Trump guy may be an actual traitor, had he given a nod to other "conspiracies" he'd have a lot more diverse people seeing truth.


Why must you conjoin the two?


Ask the writer. He conjoined them first. He could have made his case without the dig and I wouldn't have noticed. Trump is digging his own grave. But if he wants to take a swipe at Hillary haters let him be as factual about why they hate her as he is about why he thinks Trump might be in league with the Russians.


Sorry, my wording was clumsy.
I meant why is there a need to conjoin the two, not you personally Jimbo.

Because whatever the Clinton's have done in no way lessens what Trump is doing.
Sheets of empty canvas, untouched sheets of clay.......

User avatar
HarryIrene
Posts: 152
Joined: 08 Jan 2015, 15:11
Location: Scotland

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby HarryIrene » 11 Jul 2018, 09:38

I think a lot of commentators and journalists now feel obliged to conjoin HRC and Trump's skeletons in the closet in order to give the impression that it is serious comment/investigation and not just a witchhunt against Trump. He has played every single attempt to expose and delegitimise him and his presidency as a "fake news" witchunt; so any thoughtpieces now have to go to great lengths to try and show they are looking at these situations objectively. Trump has recalibrated how even serious investigative jourmalism is judged/accepted, and as such it seems to require a few paragraph's shining a light on HRC's quesionable integrity too in order to maintain an illusion of balance and give what they are writing validity and creedence.
Nothing To See Here. Move Right Along

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 11892
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 11 Jul 2018, 11:32

Besides, HRC isn’t bullying the fuck out of NATO. DJT is.
HRC isn’t appointing somebody to the SCOTUS who thinks Sea World has more rights than people mauled by Orcas do.
Donald, settle down. But, Mommy, what about Hillary?
It’s beyond pathetic.
scan not a friend with a microscopic glass

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15284
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 11 Jul 2018, 12:00

And my point was that IF you co-join the two then do it honestly. A comparison of the two no longer needs be on a partisan basis. The campaign is over. Evidence shows they are both SOBs. The earlier essay was more honest and on target and showed that Trump is corrupt and possibly in the pocket of the Russians. I don't think HRC was even mentioned. (If you can't say something nice say nothing.) It was fair enough. The second essay dropped in a HRC hater hate-nugget to just to show his distain for the many - also partisan - Trump supporters who usually drop a HRC hate-nugget of their own.
Gadfly

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 38069
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Count Machuki » 11 Jul 2018, 15:27

Why even talk about freaking Hillary Clinton AT ALL for crying out loud? She's not the damn president.

Quote THIS bit:

But there is no way to read Chait’s story—or to do any judicious review of Donald Trump’s dealings with the Russians over years—and reach any other conclusion but that the Kremlin has damaging and deeply compromising knowledge about the president. Whether they are using such materials, and how, is a matter of legitimate argument. That such things exist, however, and that they seem to be preoccupying the president, should be obvious.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 52837
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 11 Jul 2018, 15:53

Jimbo wrote:And my point was that IF you co-join the two then do it honestly. A comparison of the two no longer needs be on a partisan basis. The campaign is over. Evidence shows they are both SOBs. The earlier essay was more honest and on target and showed that Trump is corrupt and possibly in the pocket of the Russians. I don't think HRC was even mentioned. (If you can't say something nice say nothing.) It was fair enough. The second essay dropped in a HRC hater hate-nugget to just to show his distain for the many - also partisan - Trump supporters who usually drop a HRC hate-nugget of their own.

WHO CARES?

I swear to God this is like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. The important stuff is what the Count quoted, and it's important not just for what it says, but for where it appears, namely Politico, which might as well be USA Today (in other words, a very mainstream outlet). It's significant, I think, that this stuff is coming out of the shadows of partisan organs like Daily Kos or Wonkette and into some very bright sunlight.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Six String
Posts: 20094
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Six String » 11 Jul 2018, 16:15

ORORORO wrote:Trump's here in the UK this Friday (the 13th!). He'll get splattered.


Wish he'd visit Salisbury and lick a few park benches. :twisted:

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 11892
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 11 Jul 2018, 16:18

He'll arrive late and leave early. you want any more than that you'll need to throw him a parade. he loves parades.
scan not a friend with a microscopic glass