President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sneelock

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 04 Jul 2018, 22:17

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/trump ... cial-says/
An AP writer reports that TRUMP kept asking to invade Venezuela August of last year.
scan not a friend with a microscopic glass

Eddie Shah environment
hounds people off the board

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 04 Jul 2018, 22:34

'kept asking to invade Venezuela' :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 04 Jul 2018, 22:46

You can just picture him repeatedly putting his wee hand up, like some eager kid in a classroom and being repeatedly shut down by everybody else.

No, Donald, how many times do we have to tell you....

What a world
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 05 Jul 2018, 04:58

Short of an outright invasion, however, sanctioning, demonizing and merely threatening the democratically elected government of Venezuela is fine, right?
Gadfly

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 05 Jul 2018, 05:28

I don’t know man. What does Jimmy Dore say about it?
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 05 Jul 2018, 18:16

Here’s something from the LA Times, by way of the Politico morning newsletter:

"Workers in this town may become victims of Trump's trade war, but they're behind him 'no matter what,'" by the L.A. Times' Jenny Jarvie in Poplar Bluff, Missouri: "Jimmie Coffer, a machine programmer at the nation's largest nail-making plant, voted for Donald Trump partly because he was confident he would bring manufacturing jobs back to America.

"So the 39-year-old factory worker was shocked last month when 60 of his co-workers were laid off after the Trump administration imposed a 25% tariff on the steel his company imports from Mexico. Now, as his bosses cut back hours and warn they may have to let 200 more workers go in the coming weeks, he worries he may lose his job as a result of the president's policies.

"But Coffer is still gung-ho about Trump. 'I support him 100%' ... In fact, I'd like to shake his hand. He's doing a great job."

https://lat.ms/2NujY3J
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 05 Jul 2018, 18:25

LeBaron wrote:Here’s something from the LA Times, by way of the Politico morning newsletter:

"Workers in this town may become victims of Trump's trade war, but they're behind him 'no matter what,'" by the L.A. Times' Jenny Jarvie in Poplar Bluff, Missouri: "Jimmie Coffer, a machine programmer at the nation's largest nail-making plant, voted for Donald Trump partly because he was confident he would bring manufacturing jobs back to America.

"So the 39-year-old factory worker was shocked last month when 60 of his co-workers were laid off after the Trump administration imposed a 25% tariff on the steel his company imports from Mexico. Now, as his bosses cut back hours and warn they may have to let 200 more workers go in the coming weeks, he worries he may lose his job as a result of the president's policies.

"But Coffer is still gung-ho about Trump. 'I support him 100%' ... In fact, I'd like to shake his hand. He's doing a great job."

https://lat.ms/2NujY3J

I've heard the same stories. I saw during the weekend that nail mfgrs are going out of business because of the tariffs. A commentator mentioned that Trump is hurting the very people that voted for him and that's just economically. With healthcare, etc., I can't understand why they're so brainwashed.

No one likes to admit they made a mistake, but 'cmon.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 05 Jul 2018, 22:23

it's pretty simple really. everybody I know who carries on about how much they hate politics voted for TRUMP. they STILL hate politics - they hate the media, they hate the government, they love TRUMP. They hate "the elites" and hang on every word of a guy who boasts of his gold toilet. that's a lot of hate right there. He is the monster from their ID & they don't find this monster as fearsome as they find politics, media, government. go figure.

what I don't get is how long TRUMP will get away with running the government while continuing to capitalize on people hating it. you'd think the point would have passed already where some chickens would come home to roost but I'm not convinced it ever will. we have a President of the United States who threatens to shut down the government. you are either on the side that thinks this a wonderful thing or you think its CRAZY. never the twain shall meet.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 05 Jul 2018, 23:02

^^ I think it's because he told certain communities, like coal miners and people who work in manufacturing, that he cared about them.

He doesn't have to do anything to demonstrate that he actually cares. He just has to say it. That's how desperate people are.

It makes me wonder why the Democrats don't even TALK about that stuff anymore. It seems to be a foregone conclusion that those people are fucked, and should move or go back to college to get another skill. But come on - if you were them, wouldn't you want to at least HEAR THE WORDS that a politician was going to swoop in and protect you?
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Six String

Postby Six String » 05 Jul 2018, 23:06

See you later Scott Pruitt! Not that it will change much.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Jul 2018, 00:13

Everything you need to know about the TRUMP supporter’s mindset is in his resignation letter.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/05/politics ... index.html
HE didn’t do anything wrong — it’s all those Godless unfair forces marshalled against him. I expect to see this guy with a paying gig lying for TRUMP on CNN before the end of the year.

Six String

Postby Six String » 06 Jul 2018, 01:05

sneelock wrote:Everything you need to know about the TRUMP supporter’s mindset is in his resignation letter.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/05/politics ... index.html
HE didn’t do anything wrong — it’s all those Godless unfair forces marshalled against him. I expect to see this guy with a paying gig lying for TRUMP on CNN before the end of the year.

Yeah, it's been transformative if scorched earth is your goal. I would say unbelievable but I'd be lying.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 06 Jul 2018, 03:23

bobzilla77 wrote:
He doesn't have to do anything to demonstrate that he actually cares. He just has to say it. That's how desperate people are.

It makes me wonder why the Democrats don't even TALK about that stuff anymore. It seems to be a foregone conclusion that those people are fucked, and should move or go back to college to get another skill. But come on - if you were them, wouldn't you want to at least HEAR THE WORDS that a politician was going to swoop in and protect you?

Yes. Not a difficult conclusion to reach on your own but maybe you've bolstered your view watching a Jimmy Dore vid or two. If the Democrats say nothing and Trump says something people will tend to like the something rather than the nothing.
Gadfly

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Jul 2018, 03:46

Something: They’re rapists. I never said Muslim ban. You ever see this guy? Enemy of the people. Infesting our country. Etc etc etc..

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Jul 2018, 03:49

I have the best words!

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 06 Jul 2018, 04:13

bobzilla77 wrote:^^ I think it's because he told certain communities, like coal miners and people who work in manufacturing, that he cared about them.

Well...he isn’t doing anything for the coal miners economically. But he might be doing a lot of things they like otherwise.

They might like seeing him knocking kneeling black athletes down a peg. Perhaps they like him detaining Mexicans and South American people at the border and locking them up. Maybe they are happy to see him reverse as many Obama policies as possible.

Ultimately I think the folks in Trump’s base just like the fact that he stands for them as the “real” America, and isn’t afraid to treat everyone else as if they are second class citizens.

They are probably willing to accept that their jobs aren’t coming back. In their heart of heart they knew that much already. But they wanted someone to put them first - and Trump is more than willing to pretend to care about them almost as much as he cares about himself and his stacks of money and his millions of grudges.

It’s a mistake to think that any of this was ever about policy. It has always been about identity.
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 06 Jul 2018, 16:32

OH FFS!!!

President Donald Trump used to taunt North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un as “Little Rocket Man” for his frequent missile tests.

Now, as relations between the two thaw, Trump is sending Kim a gift: An Elton John CD with the song “Rocket Man” on it, signed by the president himself.

South Korea’s Chosun Ilbo newspaper reports that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who is in Pyongyang for a meeting with Kim, is bringing a letter from Trump and the CD.

Citing a diplomatic source in Washington, the newspaper said Kim mentioned the derogative nickname to Trump during their meeting in Singapore last month. Trump asked if he knew the song, and Kim replied that he didn’t.

Now, he’ll be able to hear the tune, and maybe return the favor with a mix tape.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/do ... 27ccf081bd
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Jul 2018, 17:15

you hear that speech in Montana? if not - don't do it. don't go near it. I can't believe that smoking Angel Dust could harm your brain as much as trying to make sense that this astonishing windbag is the President of the United States. "Hopefully the brain is attached to the mouth" yeah, hopefully.

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 06 Jul 2018, 17:20

A kid swapping a fishing rod for a Dr. Feelgood album.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Jul 2018, 17:27

sneelock wrote:you hear that speech in Montana? if not - don't do it. don't go near it. I can't believe that smoking Angel Dust could harm your brain as much as trying to make sense that this astonishing windbag is the President of the United States. "Hopefully the brain is attached to the mouth" yeah, hopefully.

It was a lesson on how to thread non-sequiturs.