President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 Mar 2018, 03:38

Jimbo wrote:I call bullshit. How can Corn and Issakof wheel out the Putins "abuses" in Ukraine and Syria as if it is a settled and natural fact. Undeniably there was some Russian involvement in these events, but abuses? As journalists they fail because there are legitimate counter-narratives to those scenarios but the authors fail to even give a nod in that direction.

Um, Corn and Isaakof's report is a counter-narrative (but I haven't read it yet).

Human Rights Watch world report on Russia, 2017 (including "abuses" in Syria and Ukraine): https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2017/c ... ers/russia
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 09 Mar 2018, 03:48

Jimbo wrote:
Sneelock wrote:
What could possibly explain Trump’s unwavering sympathy for the Russian strongman? His refusal to acknowledge Putin’s repressive tactics, his whitewashing of Putin’s abuses in Ukraine and Syria, his dismissal of the murders of Putin’s critics, his blind eye to Putin’s cyberattacks and disinformation campaigns aimed at subverting Western democracies?

:lol: sound like anybody you know?

I call bullshit. How can Corn and Issakof wheel out the Putins "abuses" in Ukraine and Syria as if it is a settled and natural fact. Undeniably there was some Russian involvement in these events, but abuses? As journalists they fail because there are legitimate counter-narratives to those scenarios but the authors fail to even give a nod in that direction, i.e., "Some journalists say A (link) but given Putins abuses …" Nor do they mention the US's role. Have the authors never even glanced at Consortium News where Parry made mincemeat of the mainstream narrative? And it wasn't Parry who hipped me to the Ukraine lie. It was Le Show, Harry Shearer who long ago played the tape of Nuland saying "Yats our guy," Shearer made me a Ukraine skeptic. I tried to read the article but this part stopped me in my tracks and I had to come here and vent.

PS I went back to the link and there are lots of words but not a link nor a Twitter screenshot to validate the words. Trump is a scummy guy but these guys are pimping a book, cashing in on the Fire and Fury tail wind and I can't wait to see them and their unprofessional behavior trashed by professionals.

Since when has invading another country not been considered an abuse?
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 09 Mar 2018, 04:11

Snarfyguy wrote:
Human Rights Watch world report on Russia, 2017 (including "abuses" in Syria and Ukraine): https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2017/c ... ers/russia

Right fucking here in the first paragraph is for the esteemed HRW is a turd.

Russia continued to support rebels who commit abuses in eastern Ukraine. Russia’s actions in occupied Crimea created a human rights crisis

Occupied Crimea? There was a referendum asking voters if they want to stay with the new Ukraine or rejoin Russia and they chose Russia.

A controversial Crimea-wide referendum, unconstitutional under the Ukrainian and Crimean constitutions,[3][4][5] was held on the issue of reunification with Russia which, according to official results, indicated that a large majority of Crimeans wished to join with Russia
WIKI

That the HRW article makes no mention of the referendum, however "controversial," is lying by omission and flops the issue squarely into the neocons lap.

(It looks like they've been busy over at Wikipedia. I went looking for an entry re the referendum I used before and it was a lot less unflattering to what I see there now.)

Financier and philanthropist George Soros of the Open Society Foundation announced in 2010 his intention to grant US $100 million to HRW over a period of ten years to help it expand its efforts internationally.

Trigger name. Soros. :o But he's the guy who bankrolls these "color revolutions" - he bankrolled the Maidan revolt. BTW, maybe wrong here, but were the Ukraine citizens allowed to vote for this new government?
Last edited by Jimbo on 09 Mar 2018, 04:46, edited 1 time in total.
Gadfly

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 09 Mar 2018, 04:29

Man, oh, man, you, and Davey especially. are the useful idiots if you can't see how it is the US who is provoking, prodding, begging for an excuse to have a real-man's war, to spend and then get more money for guns and bombs and submarines. We are being played big time. This melding of Russiagate, Trump's hookers, fake news, Wikileaks, Hillary's emails, Clinton Foundation, all this craziness … talk about 3-D chess, we are in the midst of a game that IMO needs to be looked at very very skeptically.
Gadfly

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 09 Mar 2018, 05:33

What a fool I was! I never would have suspected...it was the military industrial complex all along!

Why didn’t you explain it before?

:roll:
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 09 Mar 2018, 06:10

Boy, it’s a good thing nobody’s getting rich off the war machine in Russia!
scan not a friend with a microscopic glass

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 09 Mar 2018, 08:34

Sneelock wrote:Boy, it’s a good thing nobody’s getting rich off the war machine in Russia!

Gadfly

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 09 Mar 2018, 09:49

Woah! Look at that blue line! You can almost see the Iraq and Afghanistan wars!!!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 09 Mar 2018, 15:43

Jimbo wrote:
Sneelock wrote:Boy, it’s a good thing nobody’s getting rich off the war machine in Russia!

and I suppose this somehow proves that nobody, and I mean nobody is getting rich off the war machine in Russia.
(strum my guitar) Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be Jimbos.

Wally Bingbang
Long Player

Postby Wally Bingbang » 09 Mar 2018, 17:51

If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 09 Mar 2018, 17:54

George Soros!!!! I KNEW it!!!

Wally Bingbang
Long Player

Postby Wally Bingbang » 09 Mar 2018, 18:00

All the people on this Chuck Woolery twitter thread threatening to cancel their Netflix accounts are cracking me up...

https://twitter.com/chuckwoolery/status ... 3007827968
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 09 Mar 2018, 18:11

So it turns out that if you want to talk to despicable despots all you need to do is elect one.

Magnificent game management from the American voters!
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 Mar 2018, 23:40

Former President Barack Obama is currently in advance negotiations with Netflix to produce a series of shows through them. This will give the former President easy access into the living rooms of virtually every American in order to spread whatever propaganda he wants.

The fiend! Imagine Obama, being on TV, having access to our attention. The mind reels.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 09 Mar 2018, 23:58

Obama ripped by the right? :o Here he is ripped by the left for building his Presidential library on the south side of Chicago without a care for the effects of the gentrification, i.e., rising rents in the area, especially when some many residents are poor.
Gadfly

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 10 Mar 2018, 00:22

If someone accused Putin of being deaf to cries of Russia gentrification...I bet you wouldn’t make a peep.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 10 Mar 2018, 00:32

"We're building the Trump library right here in New York City, folks. It's going to be the greatest library ever, believe me. The rents might go up, and some people might be concerned about that, but fuck 'em!"
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 10 Mar 2018, 00:56

Donald Trump could pull a hamburger out of his crotch and take a bite out of it and I doubt anybody would be very surprised by it. I'm not saying it would go unmentioned but it wouldn't really freak anybody out. People freak out over Obama getting a goddam TV show and opening a goddam library.

Donald Trump could show up with a chicken in one hand and a bowling trophy in the other. we would talk about it but would we really be surprised at this point?

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 10 Mar 2018, 01:01

In fairness, I’m mildly surprised at how tone-deaf Obama’s been on the gentrification issue. Not that he’s wrong, but he generally does a better job of making the other side feel heard.

Gentrification is a complex subject. Leaving neighborhoods to fester isn’t good. But developing them and pricing the locals out is also problematic.

But I’m not sure why Jimbo felt it belonged on a Trump thread.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 10 Mar 2018, 01:14

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:But I’m not sure why Jimbo felt it belonged on a Trump thread.

Really? C'mon - you know exactly why!
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!