Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sneelock

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 06 Dec 2017, 19:36

One thing Jeb Bush got right was referring to a possible TRUMP presidency as a “Chaos President”.
It’s been a Goddam Tilt-a-Whirl since day one.
Last edited by Sneelock on 11 Dec 2017, 02:09, edited 1 time in total.
uggy poopy doody.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 06 Dec 2017, 19:52

Still Baron wrote:And now he’s pulled this Jerusalem stunt.
What could possibly go wrong etc

It's like Father Dougal pressing the red button.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 06 Dec 2017, 20:44

A whistleblower appears to be confirming Flynn's efforts to undermine foreign policy by suggesting or offering to have the Russia sanctions "ripped up."

Huh.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/politics/ ... index.html
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 06 Dec 2017, 21:51

So, now that his attempts at race war at home and nuclear war abroad have faltered a little, Trump does what he can to stir that ‘ole pot and, yippee! gets others to start WW3 for him.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 06 Dec 2017, 22:25

What he's done is potentially catastrophic. Any pretence of US neutrality with regard to Israel/Palestine is now out of the window.

You know Obama has more than double the number of followers on Twitter? I can't imagine it would help - and I'm sure BO hasn't got the appetite or the time - but he has one hell of a platform to shout down some of Trump's stupider ideas.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 Dec 2017, 22:44

More proof that we are living in a surreal nightmare.

I mean - are they this desperate to shift the focus? I think that's got to be it.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 06 Dec 2017, 22:48

I'm at a British Council conference in Glasgow, and was at a session today on staff safety and duty of care, run by the BC's Security Director. He had his phone on standby waiting for the confirmation that Trump had made the announcement, because he thought they'd have to close the BC offices in numerous countries because of the risk of the usual headcase fuckwits rioting and attacking their premises in retaliation.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Dec 2017, 22:53

toomanyhatz wrote:More proof that we are living in a surreal nightmare.

I mean - are they this desperate to shift the focus? I think that's got to be it.

The funny thing is that you have to select that font to use it. Almost everything defaults to Arial.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 06 Dec 2017, 22:54

The Unfragrant Ox wrote:You know Obama has more than double the number of followers on Twitter? I can't imagine it would help - and I'm sure BO hasn't got the appetite or the time - but he has one hell of a platform to shout down some of Trump's stupider ideas.

I admire his restraint. He has a nimble mind and could surely demolish Trump in that arena, but ultimately what would that accomplish? It would just make Trump *more* pissed off and that much likelier to behave like a loose canon, while rallying his base to get that much uglier.

Better O just doesn't engage him.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 06 Dec 2017, 22:55

Yeah, I suppose so.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Dec 2017, 23:10

Snarfyguy wrote:
The Unfragrant Ox wrote:You know Obama has more than double the number of followers on Twitter? I can't imagine it would help - and I'm sure BO hasn't got the appetite or the time - but he has one hell of a platform to shout down some of Trump's stupider ideas.

I admire his restraint. He has a nimble mind and could surely demolish Trump in that arena, but ultimately what would that accomplish? It would just make Trump *more* pissed off and that much likelier to behave like a loose canon, while rallying his base to get that much uglier.

I also think that's presidential etiquette. Most presidents keep a low profile in regards to immediate successors.

Obama did vaguely make mention of Trump in a speech in Paris the other day.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 06 Dec 2017, 23:20

Obama did suggest the other day that Trump should think before tweeting, which I thought was rather spoilsport of him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 88026.html

Milarepa

Postby Milarepa » 07 Dec 2017, 22:32

Snarfyguy wrote:

That's the thing. Normally any sane person in public life would just tear him to shreds with reason. But do we really want to piss this guy off? He's got his finger on a button that could end human life. If his little ego gets hurt enough, he'll bring us all down with him before he'd feel an ounce of humiliation.

Trump is the result of an intentional program, over many years, to destroy credibility in our institutions, our values and ultimately in the notion that anything can be objectively true. The goal is to create a large enough population with enough bile to channel for the benefit of the rich and powerful.

I've always thought I could see and appreciate the views of others, knowing that we all want a better world, but may disagree about how to get there. But Trump is a political suicide bomber. Its enough to destroy, if it makes him feel better.

And don't hand me that crap about demolishing society so a better one might emerge from the ashes. Demolish you own house, your own body, your own family if you feel so strongly about it. The rest of us have learned how to compromise, collaborate and move forward. It's not perfect but we're still here.

I don't see how this could and any way but badly, short term. It's like all we can do is keep our own shit together best we can, organize and vote to get him out of power, and hope he implodes under the weight of his own delusions.

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 07 Dec 2017, 22:40

He's a narcissist and has all the inherent inabilities to see the world in any way other than how it relates to him and his control. With that in mind you can understand all his behaviour. And they made him president.

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 09 Dec 2017, 00:09

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 09 Dec 2017, 01:10

Thang-y wrote:

This guy make it clear that there are deep connections, collusion, probably, between Russia and Trump. The fugitive gangster living in Trump Tower is a doozy! But what about Russian collusion with the Clintons? Yeah, I know, Trump won (He's the goddamn President!) and Hillary lost. Nonetheless, had she won a similar book could have been written about her too. What am I saying? There are loads of similar books about the Clintons but books not written by a charming and disarming British author but by some slimy FOX News denizen. Still there are pictures of the Clintons and Putin, Bill's paid speeches, donations to the Clinton Foundation, Biden's connections in Ukraine, there are loads of strands which connect them to Russia, strands which have made them very rich. If Russian intelligence is playing Trump they are probably playing a similar game with the Clintons and god knows who else. I, however, want to make it it clear that Trump and the Clintons, and whoever else, should be prosecuted for all this colluding and corruption with Russia and any other other countries which are trying to twist, to buy favorable US policies.
Last edited by Jimbo on 09 Dec 2017, 01:18, edited 1 time in total.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 09 Dec 2017, 01:17

Anyone else feel the goalposts shifting?
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 09 Dec 2017, 01:28

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Anyone else feel the goalposts shifting?

The guy has some killer evidence which indicts Trump and does connect him to Russia. Nonetheless, hypocrisy and double standards abound. What's worse is how this essentially diplomatic matter is ratcheting up the war machine which not only threatens the world's safety but has the happy side effect of enriching the MIC bastards.
Question authority.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 Dec 2017, 01:30

Jimbo wrote: I, however, want to make it it clear that Trump and the Clintons, and whoever else, should be prosecuted for all this colluding and corruption with Russia...

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Anyone else feel the goalposts shifting?

Yeah, wait a minute, Jimbo. I thought that stuff never happened. Do you work for the White House?

1. It never happened.
2. We don't know if it happened.
3. We think it didn't happen.
4. It happened, but it doesn't matter because of blah blah blah, whatever,.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 09 Dec 2017, 01:36

Snarfyguy wrote:blah blah blah, whatever,.

Question authority.

Return to “Nextdoorland”