Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sneelock

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 20 Jun 2018, 16:16

"a little worse"
pulling out of the U.N. Human Rights Council and openly insulting them. Neil Gorsuch. "zero tolerance" immigration until we build that fucking wall. Chumping the Paris agreement. treating longtime economic allies as enemies. calling the press liars to their faces then lying about almost everything almost all the time....

"a little worse"

I think I'll drink a little more booze and mutter myself to sleep.
uggy poopy doody.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 20 Jun 2018, 16:17

Relax man...it’s all a goof.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 Jun 2018, 16:20

I deal with at least one Trump Lover a day. it's not a goof. they are true believers. they have little dipsy doodles in their eyes. I've never seen anything like it.

well, maybe fans of the first couple seasons of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" but nothing else comes close.
uggy poopy doody.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 20 Jun 2018, 16:21

Jimbo wrote:I spend so much time on the computer reading articles, viewing videos, listening to podcasts, doing audio biooks about the CIA, MKL, JFK, -- all political shit and history. My brain is packed with info - alternative info, (alternative facts) lefty, righty, conspiracy and I'm loving it! Can't sleep tonight so I'm venting - and learning more from you all. So I visit some sites which are sympathetic to Trump and some of the points are good and so I can't thoroughly hate the guy. But almost everything I read about HRC is bad. :lol: But all the info is critical. Sites with just the facts are boring or deemed fake news like Snopes. What I'm doing on a deeper level is reinforcing my belief that 9/11 was our own doing. With every bit of critical non-boilerplate info I take in I think of all the illegal wars, all the racism, all the corruption, all the coverups, all the false flags, all the assassinations, all the mysterious deaths, all the mainstream pablum propaganda, all the unaccountable corrupted politicians. Then I stack all that against all the 9/11 lies and anomalies and conclude surely 9/11, too, was another in a long line of evil shit we've done. Or was that the one miraculous time in our history when we were pure and all was right in the empire except for that "waskal Bin Wadin".

From what I am reading about the CIA I would have to conclude that the way the INS is now reorganized as ICE goes back to the Vietnam War pacification and blackmail program Operation Phoenix, a template for much of our modern policing and control. Separating families is right up the Phoenix alley. Look it up. Dirty business and made with pride in the USA.

And NOW to sleep. :D

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 Jun 2018, 16:24

it's more fun to read if you take out all the punctuation marks.
uggy poopy doody.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 20 Jun 2018, 16:26

“...and I’m loving it!”

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 20 Jun 2018, 16:35

Can we lock Jimbo in a cage whilst he sleeps please?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 20 Jun 2018, 16:50

David Remnick's column is good today.

"Some pundits have suggested that what is happening now in Texas will be 'Trump’s Katrina.' But, without excusing the racism and the indifference shown by the authorities in that horrific episode, it ought to be pointed out that at least the federal government did not order the flooding of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast."

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-co ... g-children
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Jun 2018, 17:06

sneelock wrote:there is a William Gibson tweet making the rounds that I think makes a good point. there is a section of Trump's audience who want to see him inflict cruelty on others. I think that's pretty fair.

Obama had detaining and deportation policies that were troubling - this is fair. Obama had supporters who didn't really express opinions on those policies - THIS is fair. Obama supporters did not GET OFF on separating children from their families. to even suggest anything of the sort is NOT fair. no matter how big a hypocrite I might be -- this is a whole different level of ugly.

I think that's a very fair assessment. It's a weird way to look a things - I feel like I've gotten the shitty end of the stick and want other people to get it too. At what point to you stop feeling sorry for yourself?

And when I said I agreed with aspects of Jimbo's post on Trump vs. previous administrations, that's what I meant. There was a tweet going around yesterday from an immigration lawyer and a brief meeting with Obama. Obama didn't come out looking very well, but you have to consider the source.

Deregulations, trade war, uprooting Obamacare, severe immigration policies, tacit approval of racism, limiting the press, ending treaties, cozying up to dictators - it astounds me that even Republicans are standing for the chaos. I'm not so naive to not know why, but they're cutting off their nose to spite their face.

I have tweeted a number of Republican politicians that they better be careful because they could end up looking like the Reichstag in the Weimar Republic if they're not careful and history will not be kind to their silence.

In last week's Real Time, Bill Maher expressed fear that Trump will not leave the office even if he isn't elected. I used to think that was preposterous, but know I don't know. . .

The Nazis were looked upon as goofs when they first rose too.

He is doing everything Putin wants and is a better puppet than he could've ever hoped for.

I've never felt this way about the US before.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Jun 2018, 17:17

Watching Kristjen Nielsen getting shouted out of a Mexican restaurant reminded me of Himmler or Mengele picking up bagels and cream cheese for the office staff in the morning.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 20 Jun 2018, 17:20

I would love to see Trump try to stay in office after losing an election.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 Jun 2018, 17:31

Sloop, have you seen "Infinity War"? SPOILER: Dr. Strange apologizes. he fudges with time to see all the possible outcomes for the future. the present, as it plays out, looks goddam bleak. Dr. Strange assures another character that, believe it or not - THIS was the best thing that could have happened.
sloopjohnc wrote:In last week's Real Time, Bill Maher expressed fear that Trump will not leave the office even if he isn't elected. I used to think that was preposterous, but know I don't know. . .

well, I've given this a little thought - as you'll see a little TOO much thought. Jimbo is taking a nap so I hope you won't mind me pulling some half-baked ideas out of my ass because I don't think this is preposterous and will explain why I think so even if my thinking seems unsound.

Remember "Trump TV?" there was a lot of hubbub in the weeks leading up to the election that TRUMP intended to partner with others in a cable channel. Remember how TRUMP told his crowds that the election was fixed? Remember the wikileaks dump that pertained to Don Jr? people representing wiki-leaks advised him to tell his Dad NOT to concede the election. Well, factoring in the "Obama is coming to take your guns"/"second amendment solutions" factor, I've reached the same conclusion as Dr. Strange. losing the electoral vote may have been the best thing that could have happened to us.

too far fetched? maybe. but, I'll tell you this - when I saw "Charlotsville" this is when it really hit me. those people were ready to march in the streets with their torches and snarls and army surplus crapola. they were TOO ready. I really feel, as ecstatic as they were to win, there are TRUMP supporters who were ready for things to go to shit and felt a little disappointed that they didn't get to be on TV chanting "lock her up" in the streets and showing off with weapons.

it's a theory.
so, having spent a certain amount of time with this crackpot theory it's pretty easy for me to agree with Bill Maher's fear.
my fear is worse than Bill's. look at how the detention is playing out. His party is pretty much behind him. I think Republicans love a strong man. I think they are going to rally behind this sack of shit no matter how ugly it gets.
Last edited by Sneelock on 20 Jun 2018, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.
uggy poopy doody.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 Jun 2018, 18:00

this just in: reports TRUMP will sign an executive order. instead of deporting the parents - they will be detained together with the children.
(cue chant) NO-BELL! NO-BELL!!!
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigr ... er-n885061
jeez, how much lower can the bar go?
uggy poopy doody.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 20 Jun 2018, 18:20

sneelock wrote:this just in: reports TRUMP will sign an executive order. instead of deporting the parents - they will be detained together with the children.

Thank heavens he’s saved them from the Do-Nothing Democrats in Congress!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 20 Jun 2018, 18:32

The signing was expected to take place later Wednesday afternoon.

For God's sake keep his ass away from Stephen Miller for the next few hours.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Jun 2018, 19:01

sneelock wrote:this just in: reports TRUMP will sign an executive order. instead of deporting the parents - they will be detained together with the children.

I'm worried about the kids already separated. In some cases, the parents have already been deported.

Last night, on MSNBC, they had a a former ICE official. He said it can take months for the kids to go through the legal process whereas the parents are fast-tracked.

He said it can take years, if at all, until children and parents are reunited.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 Jun 2018, 19:44

i’m glad it looks like they are backing off somewhat but I’m really chilled by how many people continue to justify it. That’s a really bad sign.
uggy poopy doody.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 20 Jun 2018, 20:08

sneelock wrote:i’m glad it looks like they are backing off somewhat but I’m really chilled by how many people continue to justify it. That’s a really bad sign.

I have a lot more to say about it but the toxic whataboutism going around is breathtaking. A lot of people really don’t give a shit.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 20 Jun 2018, 22:46

In other news, Michael Cohen appears ready to give Trump up (depending on the severity of the charges brought), and also he'd like Trump to pay his legal bills. :lol:

Last week, CNN reported that Trump’s former “fixer” had told friends and family members that he was prepared to cooperate with the authorities investigating his business dealings, alleged campaign-finance violations, and potential ties to Russian interference in the 2016 election. On Wednesday, Cohen’s anonymous friends got a bit more specific about his intention.

“He knows a lot of things about the president and he’s not averse to talking in the right situation,” one of Cohen’s New York associates told CNN. “If they want information on Trump, he’s willing to give it.”

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... _source=tw
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Jun 2018, 23:02

Snarfyguy wrote:In other news, Michael Cohen appears ready to give Trump up (depending on the severity of the charges brought), and also he'd like Trump to pay his legal bills. :lol:

Last week, CNN reported that Trump’s former “fixer” had told friends and family members that he was prepared to cooperate with the authorities investigating his business dealings, alleged campaign-finance violations, and potential ties to Russian interference in the 2016 election. On Wednesday, Cohen’s anonymous friends got a bit more specific about his intention.

“He knows a lot of things about the president and he’s not averse to talking in the right situation,” one of Cohen’s New York associates told CNN. “If they want information on Trump, he’s willing to give it.”

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... _source=tw

He just quit his position at the RNC, which makes me wonder why he was still an officer.

Return to “Nextdoorland”