Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 24 Mar 2017, 20:42

Toby wrote:Interesting observation that Trump's foes will take notice that he finds complex negotiations difficult and gives up easily.

It's going to be an irresistible line of attack, especially since he laid down a crazy ultimatum (apparently) straight out of "The Art of the Deal." I don't think Trump really gives a shit about this particular issue (Obamacare or not). But it's a big defeat, all the same, particularly since it's been such a defining issue for the right.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 24 Mar 2017, 22:02

Oh no! You mean the forgotten man and woman won't be getting all of that much better healthcare Trump promised?
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 24 Mar 2017, 22:04

Hilarious attempt at spin from Trump. The Republicans control the House but the failure of the bill is the Democrats fault.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 24 Mar 2017, 22:13

Presumably he will now set all the levers of executive power against the helpful administration of Obamacare, and blame it on Obamacare when aspects of it falter.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 24 Mar 2017, 22:21

Still Baron wrote:Presumably he will now set all the levers of executive power against the helpful administration of Obamacare, and blame it on Obamacare when aspects of it falter.

My guess as well.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Mar 2017, 22:37

PresMuffley wrote:Hilarious attempt at spin from Trump. The Republicans control the House but the failure of the bill is the Democrats fault.

I heard that. In an interview, a ranking Democrat said that they'll probably blame Obama and Clinton too. He finished by saying the dog has caught the car and doesn't know what to do with it now that they're in charge.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 25 Mar 2017, 00:14

PresMuffley wrote:
Copehead wrote:
PresMuffley wrote:No surprise that Nunes was a member of Trump's "transition team".

I read your posts on CiF quite frequently, they are rather good.

I am on there as well, but I tend to get modded a lot for posting the sort of vitriolic abuse that gets a free pass on here :)

I also hang around the Rugby threads and on articles about climate change telling idiots why they are wrong and CO2 really can warm a planet

Stalker!

Ha! I actually just started commenting there Monday out of boredom. Yesterday I requested my account to be deleted after having four consecutive posts deleted on this article:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/23/sexualization-13-year-old-internet-meme-cash-me-ousside

Their "moderation" is crap. I suspect nothing more than a bot. My comments are pre-moderated now. They still haven't deleted my account.

Moderation is completely random because it isn't done by bot.
You can say the exact same thing to two people and get modded for one but not the other, I imagine this is because one person reports you and the other doesn't and they haven't got time to monitor most threads so they just act on reports.

Don't worry about pre-mod, they haven't got the staff to inflict it for very long, it happened to me once and lasted a few days.

Eventually you learn what you can get away with and what you can't.

You can call a Christian climate change denier an idiot, but you can't accuse Nigel Farage of being the catalyst for the MP Jo Cox's murder. :)

It is actually quite fun sailing as close to the wind as you can.
Moorcock, Moorcock, Michael Moorcock, you fervently moan.

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 25 Mar 2017, 01:08

They emailed me earlier today that my request for account deletion was confirmed, but I needed to log out for it to take place. I haven't logged out yet, but I don't really care either way. It's not as if I need another outlet to express my thoughts, and commenting there isn't my ideal of an online community. I like this forum a lot. It has a small town vibe but is filled with a fairly diverse membership.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 25 Mar 2017, 03:58

PresMuffley wrote:They emailed me earlier today that my request for account deletion was confirmed, but I needed to log out for it to take place. I haven't logged out yet, but I don't really care either way. It's not as if I need another outlet to express my thoughts, and commenting there isn't my ideal of an online community. I like this forum a lot. It has a small town vibe but is filled with a fairly diverse membership.

It is worth persevering with CiF, there are gems there.

This is on topic for this thread:

Defeat ISIS in 30 days: Failed bigly.
Muslim ban: Failed bigly
Replace Obamacare: Failed bigly
Sad.

:lol:
Moorcock, Moorcock, Michael Moorcock, you fervently moan.

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 25 Mar 2017, 08:17

Still Baron wrote:Presumably he will now set all the levers of executive power against the helpful administration of Obamacare, and blame it on Obamacare when aspects of it falter.

Ah, the old Susan Sarandon approach!
Question authority.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 25 Mar 2017, 18:18

Readable conservative alert!

http://theatln.tc/2nQX0dA
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 26 Mar 2017, 15:15

^The gist of the article is Frum's need to pat himself on the back for not being a complete moron - a bit like David Brooks. They are both despicable cretins, but in this new age of Trump, even their wretchedness is somehow to be applauded.

In other news, one group of idiots got into with another group of idiots:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-trump-rally-20170325-story.html

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 27 Mar 2017, 17:53

Charlie O. wrote:

My guess as well.

Here we are!

WaPo wrote:There are many levers within the ACA that the administration could use to undermine the law or, instead, try to stabilize its marketplaces. In addition, federal rules could be redefined, giving the government’s health policies a more conservative twist even with the law still in effect.

According to health-care experts from across the ideological spectrum, an imminent question is whether the political tumult surrounding the ACA’s fate and the president’s talk of explosion could further shake the confidence of consumers and insurers alike. Doing so could prompt exits from the marketplaces.

Trump’s threat could become “a self-fulfilling prophecy,” said Andy M. Slavitt, the acting administrator of the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for the last two years of the Obama administration. “That’s like inheriting an overseas war, and deciding you let your own soldiers get killed because you didn’t elect to enter that war.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... 202&wpmm=1

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 29 Mar 2017, 02:17

Again, watch for Trump going Bernie and instituting "single payer." Hell, Pelosi and the Dems won't do it, and if you see how (at last) some Republicans are actually voting for their constituents' interests by voting down Ryancare, and how something like 60 percent of the country want single payer, there is still hope for pessimism.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 29 Mar 2017, 03:23

Jimbo wrote:Again, watch for Trump going Bernie and instituting "single payer." Hell, Pelosi and the Dems won't do it, and if you see how (at last) some Republicans are actually voting their constituents' interests by voting down Ryancare, and how something like 60 percent of the country want single payer, there is still hope for pessimism.

Trump can't institute single-payer without congress. That means all of the Dems in both chambers and 45 Republican house members as well as 12 senators to defeat a Freedom Caucus filibuster. That's a pretty tall order.

Anyone who still criticizes Obama for not "giving us" single-payer will surely be disappointed by Trump, should he attempt to go this route.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 29 Mar 2017, 15:55

Amount of a payment error for which Treasury secretary nominee Steven Mnunchin’s bank once moved to foreclose on a home : $0.27

Age of the homeowner : 90

Cabinet of Curiosities - A numerical investigation of Donald Trump’s appointees: http://harpers.org/blog/2017/01/cabinet-of-curiosities/
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Mar 2017, 16:59

Snarfyguy wrote:Amount of a payment error for which Treasury secretary nominee Steven Mnunchin’s bank once moved to foreclose on a home : $0.27

Age of the homeowner : 90

Cabinet of Curiosities - A numerical investigation of Donald Trump’s appointees: http://harpers.org/blog/2017/01/cabinet-of-curiosities/

Jeezus.

I read in the newspaper today that the new budget takes away almost all aid to Africa, and the US is the largest contributor. The article said that because of the current political and economic conditions on the continent, the next influx of large-scale immigration to Europe will likely occur if African countries don't get the $4 billion they would have otherwise received.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Mar 2017, 17:03

Jimbo wrote:Again, watch for Trump going Bernie and instituting "single payer." Hell, Pelosi and the Dems won't do it, and if you see how (at last) some Republicans are actually voting for their constituents' interests by voting down Ryancare, and how something like 60 percent of the country want single payer, there is still hope for pessimism.

You were saying. . .

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/27/politics/ ... are-cnntv/

Sanders is taking supreme advantage of Trump these days in driving home some of his personal initiatives.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 29 Mar 2017, 18:08

I know this is a link to the Mirror, but I can't find it anywhere else but twitter. This is actually quite funny:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/hilarious-moment-donald-trump-boasts-10118517
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 29 Mar 2017, 18:47

sloopjohnc wrote:I read in the newspaper today that the new budget takes away almost all aid to Africa, and the US is the largest contributor. The article said that because of the current political and economic conditions on the continent, the next influx of large-scale immigration to Europe will likely occur if African countries don't get the $4 billion they would have otherwise received.

Aid to (and diplomacy in) the Middle East is likewise being curtailed in favor of military deployments. Catastrophic results predicted.

http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2017/03/27 ... brutality/
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Return to “Nextdoorland”