Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 15 Jan 2019, 11:44

[quote="Snarfyguy"]

Also: Marcy Wheeler discusses evidence that the Trump team had a quid pro quo with Russia:

https://www.emptywheel.net/2019/01/13/t ... ian-bribe/[/quote

This was compelling. It's an angle I hadn't heard before. Maybe Don Jr. did indirectly say or non-committedly infer he'd consider rescinding Magnitsky but what else could he have said, "Fuck off!"? It looks to me like he was being polite. Hell of a charge for impeachment. Not to mention it doesn't make the case for collusion or tampering with our precious and fragile democracy. We'll see.

Wheeler's angle is not covered in this but the case for collusion crumbles more and more.

The Manafort Revelation Is Not a Smoking Gun
Proponents of the Trump-Russia collusion theory wildly overstate their case, again.
By Aaron Maté

Fun fact! "In April 2018, Manafort’s attorneys told a Virginia judge that they have made “multiple discovery requests” seeking any contacts between Manafort and “Russian intelligence officials,” but that the special counsel informed them that “there are no materials responsive to [those] requests.”"

https://www.thenation.com/article/manaf ... collusion/
Question authority.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 15 Jan 2019, 14:09

Here we go, Jimbo. Summary of a WaPo article. Point by point response should keep you busy today.

. Max Boot – a conservative and former editor of the Wall Street Journal editorial page – outlines 18 reasons Trump could be a Russian agent:

1. Trump has a long financial history with Russia.

2. The Russians interfered in the 2016 U.S. election to help elect Trump president.

3. Trump encouraged the Russians to hack Hillary Clinton’s emails.

4. There were, according to the Moscow Project, “101 contacts between Trump’s team and Russia linked operatives,” and “the Trump team tried to cover up every single one of them.”

5. The Trump campaign was full of individuals, such as Carter Page, George Papadopoulos, Paul Manafort, Rick Gates and Michael Flynn, with suspiciously close links to Moscow.

6. Manafort, who ran the Trump campaign for free and was heavily in debt to a Russian oligarch.

7. Trump associate Roger Stone, who was in contact with Russian conduit WikiLeaks.

8. Once in office, Trump fired Comey to stop the investigation of the “Russia thing” — and then bragged about having done so to the Russian ambassador and foreign minister while also sharing with them top-secret information.

9. Trump has refused to consistently acknowledge that Russia interfered in the U.S. election or mobilize a government-wide effort to stop future interference.

10. Trump attacks and undermines the Justice Department and the FBI.

11. Trump attacks and undermines the European Union and NATO.

12. Trump supports populist, pro-Russian leaders in Europe, such as Viktor Orban in Hungary and Marine Le Pen in France.

13. Trump has praised Putin while trashing just about everyone else from grade-B Hollywood celebrities to leaders of allied nations.

14. Trump was utterly supine in his meetings with Putin, principally in Hamburg and Helsinki.

15. Trump defends the Russian invasion of Afghanistan and repeats other pro-Russian talking points.

16. Trump is pulling U.S. troops out of Syria, handing that country to Russia and its ally Iran.

17. Trump has effectively done nothing in response to the Russian attack on Ukrainian ships in international waters, thereby encouraging greater Russian aggression.

18. Trump is sowing chaos in the government, most recently with a record-breaking partial government shutdown and “acting” appointees in key posts such as the Defense Department and Justice Department.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 3865c9eb2b
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 15 Jan 2019, 15:38

Jimbo wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:
Also: Marcy Wheeler discusses evidence that the Trump team had a quid pro quo with Russia:

https://www.emptywheel.net/2019/01/13/t ... ian-bribe/

This was compelling. It's an angle I hadn't heard before. Maybe Don Jr. did indirectly say or non-committedly infer he'd consider rescinding Magnitsky but what else could he have said, "Fuck off!"? It looks to me like he was being polite. Hell of a charge for impeachment. Not to mention it doesn't make the case for collusion or tampering with our precious and fragile democracy.

My point isn't that Trump should or shouldn't be impeached based on DJ's actions; it's just that Mueller has a valid reason to want to find out whether the campaign overstepped any legal restrictions by offering or arranging the crafting of policy in return for any considerations.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 15 Jan 2019, 15:49

ONE. THOUSAND. HAMBERDERS!

tool.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 16 Jan 2019, 02:57

Count Machuki wrote:Here we go, Jimbo.

Back atcha!
January 15, 2019

Putin Asks And Trump Delivers - Here Is A List Of All The Good Things Trump Did For Russia

Trump launches attack on Syria with 59 Tomahawk missiles - CNBC, April 6 2017

Trump to promote U.S. natgas exports in Russia's backyard - Reuters, Jul 3 2017

Trump Urges East Europe to Loosen Russia's Grip With U.S. Gas - Bloomberg, Jul 6 2017

Trump signs bill approving new sanctions against Russia - CNN, Aug 3, 2017

Trump gives green light to selling lethal arms to Ukraine - The Hill, Dec 20 2017

Trump says Russia is helping North Korea avoid sanctions - CBSNews, Jan 17 2018

Trump's 'energy dominance' strategy is undercutting Russia's influence and business in Europe - Reuters, Feb 9 2018

Trump looks to deter Russia, China with $686B ask for Pentagon - The Hill, Feb 12 2018

American General In Syria Confirms US Forces Killed Hundreds Of Russians In Massive Battle - The Drive, Mar 16 2018

Trump orders expulsion of 60 Russian diplomats, closure of Seattle consulate - CBS, Mar 26 2018

Trump vows periodical dispatch of US troops to Baltic states, step up air defense - Lithuania Tribune, Apr 3 2018

Trump opposes Nord Stream II, questions Germany - AA, Apr 4, 2018

Trump just hit Russian oligarchs with the most aggressive sanctions yet - Vice, Apr 6, 2018

Trump orders missile strike on Syria military targets - CBSNews, Apr 9 2018

Aluminum Stocks Jump As Trump Sanctions Target Putin Pal - Investors, Apr 9 2018

Russia ‘deeply disappointed’ at Trump’s withdrawal from Iran deal - Times of Israel, May 9 2018

Trump to NATO allies: Raise military spending to 4 percent of GDP - AlJazeerah, Jul 12 2018

Trump says U.S. ties to NATO ‘very strong’ - Politico, Jul 12, 2018

U.S. to sanction Turkey for receiving S-400 missiles - Ahval, Jul 27, 2018

Trump administration to hit Russia with new sanctions for Skripal poisoning - NBC News Aug, 8 2018

Space Force Is Trump’s Answer to New Russian and Chinese Weapons - FP, Aug 10, 2018

US Sanctions Chinese Entity Over Purchase of Russian Fighters, S-400s – Treasury - Sputnik, Sep 20 2018

Trump hints at punitive action against India for buying S-400 from Russia - India Today, Oct 11 2018

Trump Agrees to Boost Pentagon's Budget to $750 Bln in 2019 - Reports - Sputnik, Oct 12 2018

Trump says US will withdraw from nuclear arms treaty with Russia - Guardian, Oct 21, 2018

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2019/01/p ... .html#more
Question authority.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 16 Jan 2019, 05:18

Uh oh. He's gonna start WWIII!
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 16 Jan 2019, 14:55

A lot of the stuff on Jimbo's list just seems like lip service to me. Not so much actual "tough on Russia."
You can't tell me Putin's not delighted to have Trump in the White House.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 16 Jan 2019, 15:24

Count Machuki wrote:A lot of the stuff on Jimbo's list just seems like lip service to me. Not so much actual "tough on Russia."
You can't tell me Putin's not delighted to have Trump in the White House.

Yeah but SPACE FORCE proves otherwise
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 16 Jan 2019, 15:47

SPACE FORCE!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 16 Jan 2019, 21:40

Pelosi asked Prez. TRUMP to delay his “State of the Union” address.
Reverse Psychology? I wonder.
I wouldn’t put it past him to claim the state of the Union is sound during a government shutdown.
uggy poopy doody.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 16 Jan 2019, 21:51

Sneelock wrote:Pelosi asked Prez. TRUMP to delay his “State of the Union” address.
I wouldn’t put it past him to claim the state of the Union is sound during a government shutdown.

Did she ask or did she forbid him from doing it? Can she do that?
The articles I read kind of confused me. I love the closing of her letter, though, "Thank you for your attention to this matter (dickwad)"

Anyway, what the Hell kind of Democrat does she think she is showing backbone like that?

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 16 Jan 2019, 21:58

Count Machuki wrote:
Sneelock wrote:Pelosi asked Prez. TRUMP to delay his “State of the Union” address.

Did she ask or did she forbid him from doing it? Can she do that?

NYT says: “The House speaker typically arranged the address by invitation, though its date is the subject of mutual agreement with the White House.”
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 16 Jan 2019, 22:12

I’m hearing some hubbub that the address will be given under the pretense of National Emergency.
Hmmm. Where have I heard that one before?
uggy poopy doody.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 16 Jan 2019, 22:16

Sneelock wrote:I’m hearing some hubbub that the address will be given under the pretense of National Emergency.

"Live from Mar-a-Lago, it's THE STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS!!!"

(cue G.E. Smith-a-like saxophone)

"Featuring Prrresident Donald TRUUUMP!!!"

(scattered applause)

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 16 Jan 2019, 23:11

:lol: yuuuuuuge numbers.
uggy poopy doody.

Six String

Postby Six String » 17 Jan 2019, 00:20

Dp
Last edited by Six String on 17 Jan 2019, 00:25, edited 1 time in total.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 17 Jan 2019, 00:24

Count Machuki wrote:
Sneelock wrote:I’m hearing some hubbub that the address will be given under the pretense of National Emergency.

(scattered applause)

Pedant alert: You probably meant Lenny Picket as G.E. Smith was the house guitarist for SNL back in the day. :ugeek:
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 17 Jan 2019, 00:56

https://www.facebook.com/mark.tucker.37 ... 481205620/

Keel him in front of me and I sex you!

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 17 Jan 2019, 03:56

Six String wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:

(scattered applause)

Pedant alert: You probably meant Lenny Picket as G.E. Smith was the house guitarist for SNL back in the day. :ugeek:

Hey, Donald Trump's ain't paying no house band...you get what you get!

:oops: d'oh!

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 17 Jan 2019, 14:33

Giuliani: "I never said there was no collusion between the campaign, or between people in the campaign. I have no idea."

:lol:

This is getting ridiculous.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Return to “Nextdoorland”