President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Six String » 11 Apr 2018, 04:42

Lazy, Apathetic, Lifeless Piece of Shit wrote:We could finally be seeing the beginning of the Trump Implosion. The feds searching his lawyer/fixer’s office (and other places) will likely be too much for him to bear and we could finally get into a Nixon scenario where he’s firing people who won’t fire people and looking for the replacements without spine to refuse to carry out his unethical orders.

Here’s some background as to how the feds get a warrant to search a lawyer’s stuff. Suffice it to say that when the feds come for a lawyer, multiple people are heading for the hot grease.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/10/opin ... eft-region®ion=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

But ultimately none of it matters for impeachment purposes so long as the House is controlled by Republicans with constituents who believe this is a witch hunt. Here’s something that tells you how well and thoroughly they’ve gerrymandered things so it would take a tsunami election (rather than a wave) to overcome their baked in electoral advantage.

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/04/09 ... 7103491900

It's no wonder that Cohen is concerned for his family.

Six String

Postby Six String » 11 Apr 2018, 04:48

bobzilla77 wrote:I can't claim to understand the intimate workings of all this but I am reading that, because Trump and Cohen have now BOTH SAID that Trump was unaware of a payment to Stormy Daniels, that means it is no longer in the realm of "attorney-client privilege."

That's kind of how I imagine Trump's downfall ultimately coming together, through this kind of casual lying to make himself look good. He didn't have to say anything at all about it. But he can't help himself.

Plus there couldn't have been an agreement if Trump said he never knew anything about it. He has cooked his goose in multiple ways.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 11 Apr 2018, 12:38

"Get ready Russia", tweets Trump. Jesus wept.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Bumblecorn Cats Nightmare
hounds people off the board

Postby Bumblecorn Cats Nightmare » 11 Apr 2018, 12:43

but don't you think there's a more backslapping, less huffing-and-puffing Trump behind the scenes?

hopefully that's the model that will call Putin and ask to sort this mess out 'like honorable men', or some such crap.
Copehead wrote:Those who can do, those who can't teach, those who can't teach TEFL.

Bumblecorn Cats Nightmare
hounds people off the board

Postby Bumblecorn Cats Nightmare » 11 Apr 2018, 12:55

Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!

(for those who haven't seen it)
Copehead wrote:Those who can do, those who can't teach, those who can't teach TEFL.

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 11 Apr 2018, 13:00

Weston Drury, Jnr. wrote:but don't you think there's a more backslapping, less huffing-and-puffing Trump behind the scenes?

I think there’s MORE huffing and puffing behind the scenes.

Missiles are always a welcome distraction for presidents. Shiny!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 11 Apr 2018, 16:24

Belle Lettre wrote:"Get ready Russia", tweets Trump. Jesus wept.

Well that's made Jimbo look a bit silly hasn't it.
And sometimes I ride on bus x82, say what!

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 11 Apr 2018, 16:41

Who ever would have thought that a bellicose celebrity famous for Wrestling and firing people on TV would be so poorly equipped for diplomacy?
"the brakes are good and the tires are fair.”

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 11 Apr 2018, 16:59

I wonder if we'll see Cohen's claims that he'd take a bullet for Trump put to the test.

It seems to me that Trump has ALREADY thrown Cohen under the bus in stating that he (Trump) wasn't involved in or aware of the Daniels payment. Cohen should have realized right then that the jig was up and called his lawyers to schedule a meeting with Mueller. This loyalty thing plainly doesn't cut both ways, so I don't know why Cohen would assume Trump WOULDN'T leave him hanging out to dry.

Cohen is likely up shit creek and Mueller is REALLY going to turn up the heat. Imagine all the dirt that guy has on Trump.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 11 Apr 2018, 17:26

It doesn’t seem an exaggeration to call Cohen his “bag man”

caramba

Postby caramba » 11 Apr 2018, 18:06

Snarfyguy wrote:
I wonder if we'll see Cohen's claims that he'd take a bullet for Trump put to the test.

Fuck, I'd take a bullet for Trump myself.

Just tell me who and where the man who's going to shoot him is and I'll be there
with all the ammo he needs and more.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 13 Apr 2018, 00:02

The noose appears to be tightening and it's nothing to do with Russia

I will put this as bluntly as I know how: There is no way that the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York would have sought or executed a search warrant against the president’s lawyer without overpowering evidence to support the action... Put another way, Cohen’s situation, and thus Trump’s situation, is grave.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/how-cohen-r ... frontation
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 13 Apr 2018, 00:55

Where is Jimbo? He's suddenly awfully quiet. Wonder why?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 13 Apr 2018, 03:40

the masked man wrote:Where is Jimbo? He's suddenly awfully quiet. Wonder why?

Standing by. The good news is he seems to have backed off for now from attacking Syria. All that other stuff is fluff compared to war.
Gadfly

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 13 Apr 2018, 06:33

I never thought I’d live to see the day. The President of the United States is boasting that he didn’t say WHEN he was going to bomb another country. Huh?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Apr 2018, 11:44

So when people say war, does this mean planes flying over and dropping bombs on each other's country, Nukes being fired etc? Or will it all take place on the ground in Syria.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 13 Apr 2018, 16:18

Putin has been very clear. His minister of blowing things up stated flatly that air strikes would be retaliated to in the areas where they came from.

I guess it depends on where strikes come from.

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 13 Apr 2018, 17:34

how can you tell if somebody is having a meltdown? it used to be easy. if somebody suddenly started acting all agitated and overreacting then this was a pretty good sign. the President of the United States has been acting all agitated and overreacting each and every day for so long that there's really no way of telling.

this morning he filled up the Twitter with "crooked Hillary" and "slimeball" Comey. if it were anybody else I'd be concerned. I think I've finally wrapped my head around the idea that the President is somebody who goes on social media and calls people "crooked" and "slimeball". Will it be this way from here on out?

part of me feels like it will. that part of me needs to get drunk.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 13 Apr 2018, 17:43

Shit is happening too fast to keep track of, much less consider or discuss.

Mickey Cohen's lawyers have apparently asked to be accorded the opportunity to review the files seized by the FBI Monday before prosecutors do, because of course that's what they want. :lol:

Oops, gotta go!

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 13 Apr 2018, 20:37

Rosenstein out?

There are official rumors circulating.

I'll be in my bunker!