President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15473
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 13 Feb 2018, 16:14



Brilliant and necessary.
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 12090
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 13 Feb 2018, 18:24

oh no! President Clinton has killed "scores" of Russian soldiers in Syria!
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... s-in-syria
the New York Post says "up to 100" but that's how the NY Post rolls.

oh, wait, Hillary isn't President! Holy Fuck!
scan not a friend with a microscopic glass

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 38302
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Count Machuki » 13 Feb 2018, 18:31

I wish Anthony Scaramucci was around to make sense of all this.
:(
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 24091
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Copehead » 13 Feb 2018, 19:28

Bayer = IG Farben = Zyklon B
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15473
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 14 Feb 2018, 01:45

Copehead wrote:Bayer = IG Farben = Zyklon B


Kevin Bacon
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 12090
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 14 Feb 2018, 04:50

:lol:
scan not a friend with a microscopic glass

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15473
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 14 Feb 2018, 12:00

Tweet Battle! Jimmy Dore vs Davey/Hatz/Snarf (bots)

Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 52954
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 14 Feb 2018, 14:43

^^^ I don't have 32 minutes. Give it to me in 25 words or less. Trump's not our only problem? No shit! The fact that the entire cohort of Congressional "fiscal conservatives" and "deficit hawks" have abandoned any pretense of fidelity to their own convictions and that the party of law and order is trying to undermine the legitimacy of federal law enforcement and that the regulatory and administrative state is being dismantled by opportunistic thieves is all probably worse, however inextricably interrelated all this is with the current administration. But if it weren't Trump, it would probably just be somebody else. He's more the symptom than the root cause of our maladies.

But Happy Valentine's day!

Image
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 52954
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 14 Feb 2018, 14:58

Jimbo wrote:
Your own educated best guess about what is going on in the world is infinitely superior to placing unquestioning faith in an establishment which has a vested interest in lying to you and a demonstrable history of doing so. Trust yourself and have full confidence that your conclusions, however imperfect, are always superior to those of known liars and manipulators.


My gut tells me that it's weird that the administration has gone to such great lengths to protect Rob Porter. They know he's not the hill they're going to die on, so why not just throw him under the bus the way they did with Manafort, Papadpolous, et al? "That guy? Oh yeah, we hardly knew him. He used to fetch documents or something."

Is it just because Trump can't bear to break ranks with a fellow woman-abuser that the administration is suggesting Porter's going to land on his feet OR (Jimbo time!), do they want to stay in Porter's good graces so he won't blab any kind of damaging intel he's privy to? Recall how effusive Trump was in his praise of Mike Flynn when he departed under a dark cloud. That was likely just self-preservation and I wonder if the same strategy isn't in play here. I think the wife-beating is the least important element of the story.

This is my own educated BEST GUESS at what's going on with the Rob Porter scandal!
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 23700
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 14 Feb 2018, 15:07

Shhhh. You are doing it wrong. You are supposed to get your best guess from Consortium News.
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

Image

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15473
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 14 Feb 2018, 15:09

Snarfyguy wrote:^^^ I don't have 32 minutes. Give it to me in 25 words or less.


No. Watch the video.

BTW, what does ^^^ mean?
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 52954
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 14 Feb 2018, 15:13

Those things pointing up are just directing the reader to what's above, in order to suggest you're replying to it. Kind of a short cut instead of quoting.

Anyway, that guy talks too slow. Isn't there a transcript? I don't ever really watch televised/video news or political analysis. I prefer to read, in part because it's faster.
Last edited by Snarfyguy on 14 Feb 2018, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15473
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 14 Feb 2018, 15:17

My gut tells me that while you are focused on Porter Trump's military now has boots on the ground in Syria, he's moving lots more to southeast asia, rebuilding and updating our nuclear weapons, spending trillions on planes that can't fly and that he's got us so bamboozled with his Twitter bullshit that real shit is passing right under our noses and we can't smell a thing. Making Dore's point that the Dems who are supposed to be the more peaceful party are letting this happen, even voting with the Republicans for more military spending.

And our media play up these minor issues, minor compared to war. My gut tells me that that is because so few of us are actually watching or reading mainstream media the CIA and MIC are keeping these outlets afloat, paying the millions in salaries, etc., so they'd better stick to issues like sex abuse which doesn't cost Boeing and Raytheon any money. And stirring the Russia Russia Russia pot gets us scared so we need to buy more bombs, planes and tanks. KA-CHING!
Last edited by Jimbo on 14 Feb 2018, 15:48, edited 2 times in total.
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 52954
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 14 Feb 2018, 15:22

Domestic crises are the distraction from international crises?

Could be.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15473
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 14 Feb 2018, 15:59

My gut tells me that while you are focused on Porter Trump's military now has boots on the ground in Syria, he's moving lots more to southeast asia, rebuilding and updating our nuclear weapons, spending trillions on planes that can't fly and that he's got us so bamboozled with his Twitter bullshit that real shit is passing right under our noses and we can't smell a thing. Making Dore's point that the Dems who are supposed to be the more peaceful party are letting this happen, even voting with the Republicans for more military spending.

And our media play up these minor issues, minor compared to war. My gut tells me that that is because so few of us are actually watching or reading mainstream media the CIA and MIC are keeping these outlets afloat, paying the millions in salaries, etc., so they'd better stick to issues like sex abuse which doesn't cost Boeing and Raytheon any money. And stirring the Russia Russia Russia pot gets us scared so we need to buy more bombs, planes and tanks. KA-CHING!

Mark my gut, as more and more of us begin to realize the thinness of the Russia story and the media run out of silly ways to spin it you will start to hear a new chant, China China China. Or watch the Philippines. Easy target, too. Been seeing more and more nasty stories about Duarte recently.

And it all makes Trump look like a war President which, politically speaking, is a good thing. Trump 2020!
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15473
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 14 Feb 2018, 16:00

.
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 23700
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 14 Feb 2018, 16:06

Jimbo wrote:And stirring the Russia Russia Russia pot gets us scared so we need to buy more bombs, planes and tanks. KA-CHING!


Wait....

Your argument is that the Russia story is behind Trump’s military budget increases????

Do explain...
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

Image

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 52954
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 14 Feb 2018, 16:22

Look Jimbo, I fully believe CNN, Fox News and all that is corporate propaganda, but the idea that the CIA directs and pays CNN to cover #metoo issues because they don't "cost" military contractors anything is not a cognizable theory. It's just a bunch of mixed-up concepts, a word salad, a series of non-sequiturs.

Try harder.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15473
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 14 Feb 2018, 16:22

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:And stirring the Russia Russia Russia pot gets us scared so we need to buy more bombs, planes and tanks. KA-CHING!


Wait....

Your argument is that the Russia story is behind Trump’s military budget increases????

Do explain...


And the Democrats, too. They voted right along with the Republicans for more military spending.

And what's to explain? It seems obvious. It's the American way. We create a boogie man and then declare war, or a cold war. Sadaam Hussein wasn't slant drilling into Kuwait nor were his soldiers throwing babies from incubators. I won't go into the lie of 9/11 but jumping ahead it got us into Afghanistan. Nor did Sadaam have WMD. And the war on terror was a lie with Terror Alert warnings and the FBI setting up patsies. It's was all a pack of lies. But it built up our forces and made Halliburton tons! How much do you hear about ISIS these days, Less and less because today's enemy is Russia - again. And the old cold war, the fuck you think Eisenhower was warning us about? It's the oldest racket in the book. It's the protection racket. Keep 'em scared and they'll pay all they've got, even give up their Social Security.
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15473
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 14 Feb 2018, 16:38

Snarfyguy wrote:Look Jimbo, I fully believe CNN, Fox News and all that is corporate propaganda, but the idea that the CIA directs and pays CNN to cover #metoo issues because they don't "cost" military contractors anything is not a cognizable theory. It's just a bunch of mixed-up concepts, a word salad, a series of non-sequiturs.

Try harder.


I'm not saying the sexual abuse isn't a thing. Sure, report it. It's news. But boy do they do it with drama and celebrities. Weinstein and Trump's guy you hear about for hours but you don't hear about Joe Sixpack beating up on Betty Lou, do you? Lacks pizzaz doesn't it? And now this breaking news about Russia!

And the CIA funding is based on my gut and history. Google Operation Mockingbird where the CIA had reporters as agents and agents as reporters in major American media. When was the last time you watched TV news like you did in the 90s? When did you last watch Rachel and then watch the shows afterwards like we used to do? Major media is a zombie being kept alive by somebody's money and it ain't mine or yours buying the fine products they advertise.
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"