President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Still Baron » 01 Dec 2017, 17:00

Count Machuki wrote:Now we're cooking with gas.

Exactly.

I need to get a lot done today and it’s really hard not to look at Twitter—-my feed is almost all Lawyers and journalists, so it’s packed with stuff. But it looks like big shit. Flynn’s statement is evidence and the only thing you can do to attack it is say he’s lying, but if he’s lying, it’s only to protect himself or someone higher up, which is just as bad.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Dec 2017, 17:03

Snarfyguy wrote:JUST IN: @BrianRoss on @ABC News Special Report: Michael Flynn promised "full cooperation to the Mueller team" and is prepared to testify that as a candidate, Donald Trump "directed him to make contact with the Russians." http://abcn.ws/2AhU3Iq

Holy fucking shit! :shock:

If this is true, and I hope the report is confirmed by more than two sources, this is a bombshell. It puts Trump on the firing line.

This morning, watching MSNBC and CNN, they conjectured that if Trump pardons Flynn, there are certainly grounds to start impeachment.

Chris Matthews made some interesting comments this morning on how Trump hasn't built any loyalty - you can be a best friend after 20 minutes - so except for family members, no one is going to take a bullet for him.

I also read the other day that Trump was no longer going to help pay for Flynn's defense. That can't help either.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Dec 2017, 17:51

the failing New York Times had those stories yesterday about President TRUMP badgering Senators to knock off the investigations back in (I think) September. good timing.

let the psycho-tweets begin. it's going to be hard to top those "fake Access America video" tweets but, you never know with that guy.
"Wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns.”

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Dec 2017, 18:58

Sneelock wrote:the failing New York Times had those stories yesterday about President TRUMP badgering Senators to knock off the investigations back in (I think) September. good timing.

let the psycho-tweets begin. it's going to be hard to top those "fake Access America video" tweets but, you never know with that guy.

The dummy retweeted the Britain first videos again yesterday even after the uproar that ensued.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Dec 2017, 19:13

And that “build that wall” tweet after the Kate Stein verdict. Homey appears to be doubling down on the racist horseshit.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Dec 2017, 19:18

I think he is deliberately amping up his base. Here's why I think this. There's a Don Junior email from Wikileaks before the election where they say TRUMP shouldn't concede when he loses. they were counting on his loyal fans to make a big mess.

Well, I think they want the loyal, pro-wrestling, NASCAR, NRA fans to get ALL amped up and make a big mess. He will stick to his guns that the whole investigation is a big phony. They will believe him and while relatively small in number they will be LOUD.

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 01 Dec 2017, 19:22

Being a lying no-backdown bully got him the presidency. It's a winning formula for him.

And he's still president.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 01 Dec 2017, 19:35

I certainly never bought into the idea that he really didn't want to be pres., but even if he was afraid of the challenge, the prestige the title has awarded him has most obviously driven his laughably large ego into overdrive. In my mind he will undoubtedly go down with the ship. I only hope he doesn't take too many of us with him along the way.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 01 Dec 2017, 19:37

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 87641.html

Trump to declare Jerusalem capital of Israel next week.
So you're living in Eden where, apples are good
But every narrow miracle, takes place on Earth
Yeah, some militia have arrived and, the percussion has come
And they're pounding out messages loud on the drum

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 01 Dec 2017, 19:41

Christ

It used to amaze and to vaguely amuse me that Trump still had it in him to shock me, but enough al-fucking-ready

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Dec 2017, 19:45

Sneelock wrote:And that “build that wall” tweet after the Kate Stein verdict. Homey appears to be doubling down on the racist horseshit.

It's Steinle, but no big whup.

The jury was sequestered for days considering the evidence. I don't know if he considered that the defense may have just done a better job than the prosecution. Here's a quote from Steinle's brother today in SF Chronicle.

In Brad’s view, those official actions were at least as responsible as the shooter for Kate’s death.

“This trial, for me, is kind of the least important part of the puzzle,” the brother said. “The sequence of events that led up to this — and the fact that nothing has changed — is the most disheartening thing. It’s like Siegfried and Roy: You stick your head in a tiger’s mouth and you’re probably going to get bit at some point.”

I think the biggest problem is agencies didn't communicate. SF Sheriff, Ross Mirikami, didn't tell notify federal agencies about Garcia Zarate's release. I understand the concept of sanctuary cities, but I do think there has to be some reasonableness depending on individual cases. This procedure has been cleaned up by the SF Board of Supervisors and the Co. Sheriff.

I think the killer was high as a kite, was on the embarcadero with a stolen gun, and just fired it because he was high.
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 01 Dec 2017, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 01 Dec 2017, 20:04

Some rather frightening food for thought:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... mic-crisis
sloopjohnc wrote:I know I picked the Diamondbacks, but they were the wildcard. Next teams will be a little tougher.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 01 Dec 2017, 20:19

Diamond Dog wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-jerusalem-israel-capital-when-day-latest-announcement-wednesday-a8087641.html

Trump to declare Jerusalem capital of Israel next week.

That should please the hasbara
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Dec 2017, 20:48

Public Citizen has a pretty startling report detailing how strong a hand the Koch brothers seem to have on his administration.
https://www.citizen.org/sites/default/f ... n-koch.pdf

I think it makes a very strong case that these guys pretty much set the agenda in Washington right now.
just this morning I heard a segment about the Admin. suggesting National Monuments in Utah be cut back by 85%!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Dec 2017, 21:17

toomanyhatz wrote:Some rather frightening food for thought:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... mic-crisis

That's largely what I think is going to happen, unfortunately.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Dec 2017, 21:32

I think the reasoning is pretty sound. These guys are smart and know how to use social media. They know how easily manipulated Low information Voters are & how something can hit the zeitgeist & have an effect well before it’s proven to be a stunt.

It’s scary.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Dec 2017, 21:38

Recent tweets by Republican strategist, Steve Schmidt:

When GOP Senators vote for this Tax bill and pay for it with almost 2 trillion in new debt on the national credit card it means that everything everyone of them has ever said about spending was simply performance theater. Plus for millions of Americans it's a tax HIKE

The United States Senate has gone completely off the rails. Lobbyists are writing the bill in secret and duly elected Democratic US Senators have no idea what's in it. The corruption of what used to be the worlds greatest deliberative body is a tragedy.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Dec 2017, 21:59

It’s no wonder they want this done by Xmas. If i’m Understanding correctly, it seems to me that a great chunk of what the Super-Rich spend their money on is going to be tax deductible....forever.

No wonder TRUMP is wigging out. They need to make hay BEFORE the sun shines.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Dec 2017, 22:23

Sneelock wrote:It’s no wonder they want this done by Xmas. If i’m Understanding correctly, it seems to me that a great chunk of what the Super-Rich spend their money on is going to be tax deductible....forever.

No wonder TRUMP is wigging out. They need to make hay BEFORE the sun shines.

I tried to find an interesting chart they put up in MSNBC this morning contrasting the Reagan budget vs. the Trump budget.

They considered and there were tons of hearings on the bi-partisan Reagan bill. They did that for one day on the current one. It does have to go back to the House before it goes back to senate, so we shall see. I'm not crossing my fingers.

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 02 Dec 2017, 08:28

A lesser, unshocking matter, latest Trump/Republican efforts:

Until now, your income that paid for public schools (via state & local taxes) wasn’t taxed by the federal government. GOP bill ends that. Instead, they’re now creating a tax break for *private* school tuition.