Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 04 Dec 2018, 13:59

I’m not convinced the Mueller report (if it happens) will even be released to the public!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 04 Dec 2018, 15:19

LeBaron wrote:I’m not convinced the Mueller report (if it happens) will even be released to the public!

I'm curious as to why you think that. Perhaps you read this article from The Hill which confirms FBI interference and spying on the Trump campaign. I wouldn't want the details revealed if I were the FBI, and while Trump (the article says) promised to declassify the relevant documents, if I were he I'd keep them under wraps as a favor to the FBI to be repaid when I needed something extra-special from them.

Trump, Russia and lessons from the mob: Did ‘godfathers’ steer collusion probe?

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... -collusion

Boom!
Question authority.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 04 Dec 2018, 16:03

Jimbo wrote:
LeBaron wrote:I’m not convinced the Mueller report (if it happens) will even be released to the public!

I'm curious as to why you think that. Perhaps you read this article from The Hill which confirms FBI interference and spying on the Trump campaign. I wouldn't want the details revealed if I were the FBI and while Trump (the article says) promised to declassify the relevant documents if I were he I'd keep them under wraps as a favor to the FBI to be repaid when I needed something extra-special from them.

Trump, Russia and lessons from the mob: Did ‘godfathers’ steer collusion probe?

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... -collusion

Boom!

I’m sorry to say that I barely have time to post at all, much less respond in detail to your recitations/posts on this thread. I would love to have the time to read your opinion piece from the Hill and respond to your questions. But I can’t.

To answer your question, this is a good starting point:

See §600.8(c):

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?S ... 8.2.600_18
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 08 Dec 2018, 05:32

So the Department of Justice pretty much said Trump is a criminal in the prosecutors' sentencing memorandum in the Michael Cohen case this evening.

Nevertheless, Trump tweets he is "totally vindicated," or some such. Interesting.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 08 Dec 2018, 10:14

$P.Muff$ wrote:The Corps of Engineers might engineer a coup... deep, DEEP state. Never met a geophysicist that could be trusted...

If you trust me I'll explain the importance of slowness in the crossline direction whilst carrying out 3D wavefield seperation on 2 component seismic data.
Moorcock, Moorcock, Michael Moorcock, you fervently moan.

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 08 Dec 2018, 14:49

Snarfyguy wrote:So the Department of Justice pretty much said Trump is a criminal in the prosecutors' sentencing memorandum in the Michael Cohen case this evening.

Nevertheless, Trump tweets he is "totally vindicated," or some such. Interesting.

Can't seem to find "pretty much" in my Black's Legal Dictionary. Sounds to me like Trump is "pretty much" vindicated in this case.
Question authority.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 08 Dec 2018, 15:07

Jimbo wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:So the Department of Justice pretty much said Trump is a criminal in the prosecutors' sentencing memorandum in the Michael Cohen case this evening.

Can't seem to find "pretty much" in my Black's Legal Dictionary. Sounds to me like Trump is "pretty much" vindicated in this case.

"With respect to both payments, Cohen acted with the intent to influence the 2016 presidential election. Cohen coordinated his actions with one or more members of the campaign, including through meetings and phone calls, about the fact, nature, and timing of the payments. In particular, and as Cohen himself has now admitted, with respect to both payments, he acted in coordination with and at the direction of Individual-1."

Trump isn't named, but he is Individual-1. The government is saying he directed Cohen to commit crimes, which is itself a crime.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 08 Dec 2018, 15:45

Snarfyguy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

. . . The government is saying he directed Cohen to commit crimes, which is itself a crime.

There's that, and something else for Jimbo to look up in Blacks: party liability, (criminal) conspiracy, and criminal liability would all be good starts.

So cool you've got a copy of Black's! The more recent editions (10th and 9th) are particularly excellent resources.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 08 Dec 2018, 17:41

Snarfyguy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

"With respect to both payments, Cohen acted with the intent to influence the 2016 presidential election. Cohen coordinated his actions with one or more members of the campaign, including through meetings and phone calls, about the fact, nature, and timing of the payments. In particular, and as Cohen himself has now admitted, with respect to both payments, he acted in coordination with and at the direction of Individual-1."

Trump isn't named, but he is Individual-1. The government is saying he directed Cohen to commit crimes, which is itself a crime.

But where's the collusion? Trump is still Putin's puppet, no?

No. Jimmy talks about this with reporter Aaron Matte.

Question authority.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 08 Dec 2018, 17:55

You suggested that Donald Trump was in the clear, and was vindicated. Snarfy pointed out to you that this is definitely not the case. In fact, there is almost no question that he would be subject to criminal liability were he not the President. But then you moved the goalposts to parrot his talking point: "no collusion."

Donald Trump wanted to extend his business into Russia. To do that, it helps to have the government on your side. Russia wanted Donald Trump in the White House. Donald Trump was more than happy to have Russia's help. Russia is more than happy to play him for everything it's worth. That much is plain.

Was there "collusion?" I don't know. Would Donald Trump sell us out to the Russians to get what he wants? Of course he would. Is he too stupid to know that this is a problem? Probably. If he knows that it's a problem, does he care? Of course he doesn't.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Dec 2018, 18:06

LeBaron wrote:You suggested that Donald Trump was in the clear, and was vindicated. Snarfy pointed out to you that this is definitely not the case. In fact, there is almost no question that he would be subject to criminal liability were he not the President. But then you moved the goalposts to parrot his talking point: "no collusion."

Donald Trump wanted to extend his business into Russia. To do that, it helps to have the government on your side.

I think you're being kind. You have to have the government on your side as I understand it, and for projects Trump's size and scope, that means good ol' Vlad.

I'm glad that surgically implanted Fox News microchip in Jimbo's brain is working so well.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 08 Dec 2018, 18:14

sloopjohnc wrote:
LeBaron wrote:You suggested that Donald Trump was in the clear, and was vindicated. Snarfy pointed out to you that this is definitely not the case. In fact, there is almost no question that he would be subject to criminal liability were he not the President. But then you moved the goalposts to parrot his talking point: "no collusion."

Donald Trump wanted to extend his business into Russia. To do that, it helps to have the government on your side.

I think you're being kind. You have to have the government on your side as I understand it, and for projects Trump's size and scope, that means good ol' Vlad.

I'm glad that surgically implanted Fox News microchip in Jimbo's brain is working so well.

Yeah, well, I didn't know that for a fact, so it's only my assumption. But yeah, I think they wanted Russian financing and needed government approval, but I don't know that for sure.

It's not Fox, it's these Bernie left wingers he's getting this from. Presumably, it's part of their agenda to frame the Corporate Left as blaming the election on Russia to avoid accepting the fact that they are at fault for supporting the war mongering corporatist Hillary rather than the Heroic Bernie. Presumably, the theory is that if you can't prove that Russia threw the election (also, "NO COLLUSION"), then they are right and and Hillary people are wrong and eat shit and die Hillary people. See also, Her Emails. And so, to the extent the Trumpists provide support for this argument, I suppose they'll take it. So it goes.

The guy Jimmy Dore was interviewing on Jimbo's clip (which I watched for about a minute) had a story in the Nation that basically says that Dems shouldn't be focused so much on Mueller to the exclusion of worrying about all the terrible shit that the Trump Administration is doing. And I agree with a kernel of that, but it's a false choice. And, of course, there isn't much Dems can do about anything right now apart from suing the Justice Department and the like, which they're doing.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 08 Dec 2018, 21:40

LeBaron wrote: But then you moved the goalposts...

Me?

The main point of this investigation was to nail Trump for colluding with the Russian government, with Putin himself to help Trump win the election and that Mueller saw Cohen, Flynn, Manafort, Popodopolus, the funny hat guy, all those characters as "ins" to unravel the plot if not co-conspirators. Russia was fomenting dissent, tampering with our democracy, behaving like an outright enemy against America. And you guys, Hillary supporters, were going along with the story, gleeful, giddy with hope that Mueller got him now! Meanwhile I was posting article and videos form my "sources" saying it was bogus, that the US government and its agents in the media were gaslighting you, showing you time and again that the Russians were not the bad guys Rachael Maddow, NYT, WAPO, Huffpo, The Guardian etc., were saying. I had showed you how Russia had not invaded Ukraine, that they had not forcefully annexed Crimea, had not shot down airliners, had not gassed anyone in Syria and had not fucked with the election. I also showed you how it was Hillary's campaign which plotted to blame Russia for her loss. And now all you have to gloat about is how a few of Trumps associates had lied to investigators, had not paid taxes and other piddly shit. I, however, the conspiracy guy could see the conspiracy, could see "Full Spectrum Dominance" at work because it is our country, the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA who's the bad guy in this. Our government along with our European puppets is ready to attack Russia at this moment with our troops and missiles right up against Russia's borders and not one word of protest do I hear from your crowd, just pshaw. I had said if Trump is guilty of regular old corruption he should face justice, and that seems to be what is happening with the Mueller investigation at the moment. I doubt whether Trump himself will be punished or be impeached. But with a new Russia!!! story appearing everyday in MSM headlines I implore you to see someone is protesting way too much in this matter and to think more conspiratorially, to question what the fuck is going on, what the fuck has gone wrong with America.
Question authority.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 08 Dec 2018, 21:48

Jimbo wrote:

Me?

The main point of this investigation was to nail Trump for colluding with the Russian government

False.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 08 Dec 2018, 22:02

LeBaron wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

Me?

The main point of this investigation was to nail Trump for colluding with the Russian government

False.

You may have me there - literally. According to CBS

Mueller is supposed to carry on the investigation that former FBI Director James Comey told Congress about before he was fired by President Donald Trump. That includes any links between Trump campaign associates and Russia, as well as "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation," according to the letter appointing him.

But actually, what has gone on is a witch hunt not so much against Trump, his corruption could be real, but against Russia. I mean why is the investigation about his dealings with Russia specifically? Has Trump not dealt with Israel, Saudi Arabia, UK, any other paragons of virtue? No, the Mueller investigation was just a poke at the bear, harassment, us just fucking with Russia. Russia is the target because of a geopolitical plan to get Russia.

And don't pretend this wasn't about Hillary losing. Don't pretend like "collusion" wasn't an issue. All the hacking and all the troll farms, all the slander we've flung at Russia. Don't.
Last edited by Jimbo on 08 Dec 2018, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
Question authority.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 08 Dec 2018, 22:08

Jimbo wrote:I had showed you how Russia had not invaded Ukraine, that they had not forcefully annexed Crimea, had not shot down airliners, had not gassed anyone in Syria and had not fucked with the election.

:?
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 08 Dec 2018, 22:15

Count Machuki wrote:
Jimbo wrote:I had showed you how Russia had not invaded Ukraine, that they had not forcefully annexed Crimea, had not shot down airliners, had not gassed anyone in Syria and had not fucked with the election.

:?

You are too far gone my friend. Only thing that will help you is a wooden stake in the heart. Whomp!
Question authority.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 08 Dec 2018, 22:22

You know, other people have found constructive ways to deal with the world passing them by.

Anyway, yesterday's Trump news is dense for me. I'll admit I could use a good summary.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 08 Dec 2018, 22:24

Count Machuki wrote:You know, other people have found constructive ways to deal with the world passing them by.

Anyway, yesterday's Trump news is dense for me. I'll admit I could use a good summary.

Jimmy Dore sums it up nicely above. You're welcome.
Question authority.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 08 Dec 2018, 23:26

Jimbo wrote:
LeBaron wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
Me?

False.

You may have me there - literally. According to CBS

Mueller is supposed to carry on the investigation that former FBI Director James Comey told Congress about before he was fired by President Donald Trump. That includes any links between Trump campaign associates and Russia, as well as "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation," according to the letter appointing him.

Why rely on the Fake News MSM?

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-relea ... 1/download

To wit:

(a) Robert S. Mueller III is appointed t() serve as Special Counsel for the United States Department of Justice.

(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI Director James 8. Comey in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.

(d) Sections 600.4 through 600. l 0 of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations are applicable to the Special Counsel

Return to “Nextdoorland”