Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
bobzilla77

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby bobzilla77 » 22 Feb 2018, 19:43

Oh my gosh has he been taken out by twitter's Russian Bot Purge? 5:32AM yesterday, seems about right.
Last edited by bobzilla77 on 22 Feb 2018, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 22 Feb 2018, 19:44

delete double post
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 23 Feb 2018, 03:22

A very interesting intra-Intercept debate between one of Davey's least favorite journalists, Glenn Greenwald and former NYT reporter James Risen. Picture me as Greenwald and Davey as Risen. As I watched it I saw that Risen sees enough "there" there to postulate that Trump is a traitor for colluding with the Russians. Greenwald says he hasn't seen enough hard evidence to make that case but has seen contrary evidence as well as biased-against-Trump media reportage and has enough experience with government dissembling to remain a skeptic and that we should not risk another cold war with a rush to judgement.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 23 Feb 2018, 04:08

Having said what I did above I watched a TYT video where Cenk shows case after case where Trump colludes with the Russian mafia, especially selling them apartments as a way to launder money. Now, having read the very detailed Mueller indictment about the 13 Russian trolls, while neither Trump nor Putin are mentioned, I saw not only a good criminal case for indicting them for they broke a number of actual laws like lying on visa applications, I also saw how deeply the FBI could go. It's a hell of an investigation and deserves kudos. But then, when there is a mountain of evidence of Trump's involvement with the Russian mob, where is the FBI? Maybe they are still working on the case but still, this is the case where we can nail Trump for money laundering, an actual crime. The Russian election meddling is weak tea propounded most strongly by the Democrats (9/11? Pearl Harbor?) perhaps to make their excuse now for losing elections in the future. RUSSIAN interference in 2020.
Question authority.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 24 Feb 2018, 16:35

Look at this fucking gibberish

transcript of Trump's CPAC speech

If they get in, they will repeal your tax cuts, they will put judges in that you wouldn’t believe, they’ll take away your Second Amendment, which we will never allow to happen, they’ll take away your Second Amendment. Remember that.

But in the history of presidents, no president, and I’m saying no president, maybe they’ll find if I was off by two, but we’re here one year, no president, I read it in lots of good papers, actually, but they’ll change the story when I say it. No president has ever cut so many regulations in their entire term.

You saw Apple just brought $350 billion in, Exxon brought in $50 billion. So we’re going to be fighting. We need more Republicans to vote. We want to get our agenda. Now what we have to do is in order to get a vote to fix our military, we have to give them $100 billion in stuff that nobody in this room including me wants in many cases. It is terrible. We need more Republicans. That’s why you have to get out and you have to fight for 18, you have to do it. We salute our great American flag, we put our hands on our hearts for the pledge of allegiance. And we all proudly stand for the national anthem.

These are animals. They cut people. They cut them. They cut them up in little pieces, and they want them to suffer. And we take them into our country. Because our immigration laws are so bad, and when we catch them, it is called catch and release. We have to, by law, catch them and then release them. Catch and release. And I can’t get the Democrats and nobody has been able to for years to approve common-sense measures that when we catch these animal killers, we can lock them up, and throw away the keys. In 2017, our brave ICE officers arrested more than 100,000 criminal aliens who have committed tens of thousands of crimes. And, believe me, these are great people. They cannot — the laws are just against us. They’re against — they’re against safety. They don’t make sense.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 24 Feb 2018, 19:11

^^^^ There are just not enough palms or enough foreheads.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 25 Feb 2018, 02:33

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Well - I think Trump is galvanizing the left. But I don’t think it’s going to lead to the kind of progressive rebirth that the Susan Sarandon’s of the world were angling for.

Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 25 Feb 2018, 02:59

First Impressions of Russia’s Upcoming Presidential Election
February 24, 2018

Despite the near certainty of Vladimir Putin’s reelection in the Russian presidential election next month, the campaign is nevertheless competitive with an array of choices, notes Gilbert Doctorow in this first of three articles on the election.

By Gilbert Doctorow

On Monday, February 18, one month before election day, Russia’s presidential campaign moved into high gear. On that day, the Central Election Commission allocated to the candidates several hours each of free publicity on the five federal television channels, on major radio networks and free space in print media with national circulation.

This comes on top of daily news coverage of each and every candidate’s activities in the field and invitations to appear on leading television talk shows and interviews which are dispensed by media producers at their option. And it is rounded out by advertising paid for by the electoral headquarters of the eight candidates...
https://consortiumnews.com/2018/02/24/f ... -election/

I had no idea! I'd have thought all the opposition candidates would be mysteriously dying or getting murdered one by one a la Agatha Christie. (Spoiler. While all the evidence pointed at Putin and then at Hillary, in the end it's those pesky kids, Julian Assange and Seth Rich, who (surprise!) wasn't dead after all.)
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 26 Feb 2018, 06:17

Roomful of Trump Supporters Cheer Bernie Sanders
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ArbwhF0M_I
Question authority.

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 27 Feb 2018, 00:27

I was reading this article about Trump in a 6-month-old issue of the London Review of Books.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v39/n17/adam-shatz/wrecking-ball

"It’s not clear that Trump would even have seriously pursued the presidency had it not been for Obama’s roasting of him at the 2011 White House Correspondents’ Dinner – comic revenge for the birtherist lie. ‘Donald Trump is here tonight,’ Obama said, introducing his guest. ‘Now, I know he’s taken some flak lately. But no one is happier, no one is prouder to put this birth certificate matter to rest than the Donald. And that’s because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter, like … Did we fake the moon landing? What really happened in Roswell? And where are Biggie and Tupac?’ Trump was so mortified he practically ran to the exit after the plates were cleared. As Joshua Green reports in his new book on Trump’s relationship with Steve Bannon, Devil’s Bargain, ‘Trump’s interest in politics intensified right after the dinner, instead of quickly melting away, as it had after each of his presidential flirtations in the past."

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 01 Mar 2018, 01:56

Hope Hicks is out! Time to bring back....THE MOOCH???
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 01 Mar 2018, 04:32

^^^ I understand she admitted to lying (but NOT about the Russia investigation!) on Trump's behalf, presumably in connection with her duties as communication director, which is interesting. Mueller needs to talk to her STAT because she totally lied about crafting the initial, bogus Don, Jr. response to the revelation about the notorious Russia meeting at Trump Tower.

If she sticks to that story, he'll nail for perjury, or she'll flip on someone upstairs. Should be good!
Last edited by Snarfyguy on 01 Mar 2018, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 01 Mar 2018, 13:46

Axios is in the business of stirring the pot, but apparently the White House internal drama is reaching a fever pitch.

Again.

https://www.axios.com/the-wild-wars-wit ... 580af.html
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Mar 2018, 16:27

it does seem to be settling into a well-established pattern. "Jarvanka" VS those that oppose them in any way on any level.
uggy poopy doody.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 01 Mar 2018, 16:53

You guys read about the jailed Belarusian sex worker in Thailand offering info on Trump & the Russians?
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 01 Mar 2018, 17:03

PresMuffley wrote:You guys read about the jailed Belarusian sex worker in Thailand offering info on Trump & the Russians?

If I were a Belarusian sex worker in a Thai jail, I think I'd say just about anything to get the hell out of there.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Mar 2018, 17:05

and that could well be the case. on the other hand, she claims to have video and Mueller has supposedly expressed interest in TRUMP'S Moscow Hotel records in the last couple of days.

might be nothing - might be something.
uggy poopy doody.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Mar 2018, 17:07

...and something every American knows at this point is that even if it IS something, that doesn't mean it will take TRUMP down.
uggy poopy doody.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Mar 2018, 17:17

I know there are bigger fish to fry in TRUMP land than Melania's Visa but I think it's really interesting for a couple of reasons.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... f32c1b53df
TRUMP has really painted himself in the corner on the issue of migration to the U.S. sure, he's talking about Mexicans & Muslims but still, it's really hard to separate his rhetoric from what appears to have been her situation at the time she applied for and received her EB-1 Visa.

How does he deal with this? "fake news?" isn't that getting kind of old?
uggy poopy doody.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 01 Mar 2018, 17:23

Sneelock wrote:and that could well be the case. on the other hand, she claims to have video and Mueller has supposedly expressed interest in TRUMP'S Moscow Hotel records in the last couple of days.

might be nothing - might be something.

Yes. I forgot to add "That said, I didn't read the story." ;)
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Return to “Nextdoorland”