President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Jan 2018, 17:42

Just watched the Jake Tapper/Stephen Miller interview. I laugh whenever I see "Sr. Advisor" attached to Miller's name. I wouldn't let him advise when to feed my fish.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Jan 2018, 18:02

sloopjohnc wrote:Just watched the Jake Tapper/Stephen Miller interview. I laugh whenever I see "Sr. Advisor" attached to Miller's name. I wouldn't let him advise when to feed my fish.

I also think Miller epitomizes the phrase "hitching your wagon to the wrong horse." Especially when that horse leading the wagon is extremely flatulent.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 08 Jan 2018, 15:28

A bone for Davey.

Grand Jury Empaneled In $10 Million Fraud Probe Involving Jane And Bernie Sanders

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01- ... ie-sanders
Gadfly

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 08 Jan 2018, 15:42

Jimbo wrote:A bone for Davey.

Grand Jury Empaneled In $10 Million Fraud Probe Involving Jane And Bernie Sanders

Why would you think this would please me?
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 08 Jan 2018, 16:40

sloopjohnc wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:Just watched the Jake Tapper/Stephen Miller interview. I laugh whenever I see "Sr. Advisor" attached to Miller's name. I wouldn't let him advise when to feed my fish.

I also think Miller epitomizes the phrase "hitching your wagon to the wrong horse." Especially when that horse leading the wagon is extremely flatulent.

Fringe-right expert David Neiwert had been keeping tabs on that guy for years. He has some video on his Facebook page of Miller hob-knobbing with some REAL extreme characters. How extreme? some have since been arrested!
TuckerCrowe wrote:Is irony your answer to everything ?

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 08 Jan 2018, 17:36

Sneelock wrote:Yeah, but did you say it in Japanese?

Russian.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 08 Jan 2018, 18:23

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:A bone for Davey.

I dunno. You're always ribbing me about supporting Sanders over HRC so seeing this I thought of you.

I don't know if the article is true but there are a lot of things that sound as if they could be true. It's mostly about how Jane Sanders took advantage of a situation to make more money than the average shmoe can make thanks possibly to her connection to the senator. I heard some news a few months ago that she made some bad bet regarding this college but anyone can make a mistake so I forgot it. And you may have heard the brouhaha over Bernie's $800 parka? That I dismissed. But this article is bad for Bernie. I just finished a John Grisham novel all about the private law school scam and then coincidentally this about Jane and the private college. I'm not shocked or saddened despite my support for Bernie. I'll wait for more confirmation to be really saddened - or relieved. I'm not one of those who necessarily want Bernie to run again. It was his policies and clear statements about them which I appreciated more than the man himself. But I liked the guy, too. This is just more fuel on the corruption club fire. Trump, of course, but Hillary is bad, too, and now this story about Bernie.
Gadfly

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 Jan 2018, 16:54

Jimbo wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:

I dunno. You're always ribbing me about supporting Sanders over HRC so seeing this I thought of you.

I don't know if the article is true but there are a lot of things that sound as if they could be true. It's mostly about how Jane Sanders took advantage of a situation to make more money than the average shmoe can make thanks possibly to her connection to the senator. I heard some news a few months ago that she made some bad bet regarding this college but anyone can make a mistake so I forgot it. And you may have heard the brouhaha over Bernie's $800 parka? That I dismissed. But this article is bad for Bernie. I just finished a John Grisham novel all about the private law school scam and then coincidentally this about Jane and the private college. I'm not shocked or saddened despite my support for Bernie. I'll wait for more confirmation to be really saddened - or relieved. I'm not one of those who necessarily want Bernie to run again. It was his policies and clear statements about them which I appreciated more than the man himself. But I liked the guy, too. This is just more fuel on the corruption club fire. Trump, of course, but Hillary is bad, too, and now this story about Bernie.

Sanders is a politician. Do you really think he was above these kind of things?

That's what gets me with you, Jimbo. You pick your sweethearts and defend them because you think they do no wrong.

If Oprah decides to really run, I'm sure they'll dig some skeletons out of her closet too. And people consider her a friggin' saint.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 Jan 2018, 22:41

Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 09 Jan 2018, 22:50

Snarfyguy wrote:Bannon forced out of Breitbart.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... 25d41e49ba

Har!

And Trump headed to Davos while speaking warmly about DACA. :D
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 10 Jan 2018, 01:44

sloopjohnc wrote:
Sanders is a politician. Do you really think he was above these kind of things?

That's what gets me with you, Jimbo. You pick your sweethearts and defend them because you think they do no wrong.

Sanders is fine. I like him more than most politicians. I thought his 2016 campaign was a bit dishonest in that he was actively selling policies he was never going to be able to deliver, but on the other hand - there’s an argument to be made for selling aspirational goals. I don’t think it’s good strategy, but good people can disagree on that point.

What I didn’t like was a certain segment of Sanders’ supporters. Specifically the ones who felt the need to discredit the entire Democratic Party in order to hoist him up.

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 10 Jan 2018, 16:33

many of these Bernie supporters go by the sobriquet "Registered Democrat".
I agree many of these supporters could be tiresome ( just look at the convention coverage) but I, like MANY registered Democrats supported the Independent from Vermont because we've been encouraging our elected officials to prioritize these issues for years.

Obama saved the economy from tanking. God bless him for that. Many people - many registered Democrats - thought it was a good time to knuckle down on Wall Street. Neither Obama or the Dem leadership agreed. yeah, Bernie supporters can be self righteous but the Democrats really should have seen it coming.

How much of TRUMP's support was poor suckers who still felt dicked over by the financial collapse? I think it's safe to say SOME.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 10 Jan 2018, 20:16

Like I said...a certain segment of his supporters.

I’ve got no beef with people voting in favor of the changes they want to see.

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 10 Jan 2018, 20:56

so, that televised "Immigration meeting"at the White House yesterday is on my mind. Maybe TRUMP isn't much of a president but he decided to play one on TV. Pretty canny with all the scuttlebutt that the man can't tie his own shoes - he shows up on TV seemingly engaged and actually responding & paying attention to people for the better part of an hour. with all the talk of mental infirmity and an extremely light daily schedule, this seems like a straight up effort to "look presidential" and he's already tooting his own horn that he did.

the presidency of the united states as a TV show.

also of interest is how this might be the first time (at least since those DACA talks with Shumer & Pelosi) that he has actually seemed to give a flying fuck what a Democrat thinks about anything.

what's up? is he trying to prove he's not a moron? that he can work with Democrats? to justify his cushy schedule by appearing engaged and productive?
it was one of the weirdest things I've seen him do but, on the other hand, I'm surprised it's taken this long. He's talking about ratings. I wonder if he's going to be on TV a lot more in these settings in the near future. no pesky questions - plenty of ass kissing. I'd like to think something good could come of at least the appearance of actually doing his job but it seems really staged and artificial at the same time.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 10 Jan 2018, 22:00

My cynical nature says that the current coziness with Dems is little more than a warning to the anti Trump Republicans that he can get shit done without them. Which... remains to be seen, but I do think that's the message. "Oppose me at your peril." We'll see how that works for him.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 10 Jan 2018, 22:12

How long until he goes the full Howard Beale?

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 10 Jan 2018, 22:24

I'm surprised that "you're so lucky I gave you the privilege of voting for me" thing blew over as fast as it did. I guess that's what happens when you say a lot of fool stuff - nothing really surprises anybody.

bobzilla77 wrote:My cynical nature says that the current coziness with Dems is little more than a warning to the anti Trump Republicans that he can get shit done without them. Which... remains to be seen, but I do think that's the message. "Oppose me at your peril." We'll see how that works for him.

He certainly had Lindsay Graham flummoxed. TRUMP really went WAY off the conservative reservation a couple of times during the meeting.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Jan 2018, 21:48

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Jan 2018, 22:34

After his comments today, it looks like Trump is using that trustworthy melanin or pigment chart to evaluate US immigration.

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 11 Jan 2018, 23:14

From a dog whistle to a train whistle to a herd of rabid howler monkeys.
Reeeeeeeeeeeeee-pulsive!