President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 12443
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 08 Jan 2018, 16:40

sloopjohnc wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:Just watched the Jake Tapper/Stephen Miller interview. I laugh whenever I see "Sr. Advisor" attached to Miller's name. I wouldn't let him advise when to feed my fish.


I also think Miller epitomizes the phrase "hitching your wagon to the wrong horse." Especially when that horse leading the wagon is extremely flatulent.


Fringe-right expert David Neiwert had been keeping tabs on that guy for years. He has some video on his Facebook page of Miller hob-knobbing with some REAL extreme characters. How extreme? some have since been arrested!
Don't Feed the Pedants

User avatar
bobzilla77
Posts: 15992
Joined: 23 Jun 2006, 02:56
Location: Dilute! Dilute! OK!

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby bobzilla77 » 08 Jan 2018, 17:36

Sneelock wrote:Yeah, but did you say it in Japanese?


Russian.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15822
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 08 Jan 2018, 18:23

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:A bone for Davey.

Grand Jury Empaneled In $10 Million Fraud Probe Involving Jane And Bernie Sanders


https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01- ... ie-sanders



Why would you think this would please me?


I dunno. You're always ribbing me about supporting Sanders over HRC so seeing this I thought of you.

I don't know if the article is true but there are a lot of things that sound as if they could be true. It's mostly about how Jane Sanders took advantage of a situation to make more money than the average shmoe can make thanks possibly to her connection to the senator. I heard some news a few months ago that she made some bad bet regarding this college but anyone can make a mistake so I forgot it. And you may have heard the brouhaha over Bernie's $800 parka? That I dismissed. But this article is bad for Bernie. I just finished a John Grisham novel all about the private law school scam and then coincidentally this about Jane and the private college. I'm not shocked or saddened despite my support for Bernie. I'll wait for more confirmation to be really saddened - or relieved. I'm not one of those who necessarily want Bernie to run again. It was his policies and clear statements about them which I appreciated more than the man himself. But I liked the guy, too. This is just more fuel on the corruption club fire. Trump, of course, but Hillary is bad, too, and now this story about Bernie.
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

sloopjohnc
Posts: 63921
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 Jan 2018, 16:54

Jimbo wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:



Why would you think this would please me?


I dunno. You're always ribbing me about supporting Sanders over HRC so seeing this I thought of you.

I don't know if the article is true but there are a lot of things that sound as if they could be true. It's mostly about how Jane Sanders took advantage of a situation to make more money than the average shmoe can make thanks possibly to her connection to the senator. I heard some news a few months ago that she made some bad bet regarding this college but anyone can make a mistake so I forgot it. And you may have heard the brouhaha over Bernie's $800 parka? That I dismissed. But this article is bad for Bernie. I just finished a John Grisham novel all about the private law school scam and then coincidentally this about Jane and the private college. I'm not shocked or saddened despite my support for Bernie. I'll wait for more confirmation to be really saddened - or relieved. I'm not one of those who necessarily want Bernie to run again. It was his policies and clear statements about them which I appreciated more than the man himself. But I liked the guy, too. This is just more fuel on the corruption club fire. Trump, of course, but Hillary is bad, too, and now this story about Bernie.


Sanders is a politician. Do you really think he was above these kind of things?

That's what gets me with you, Jimbo. You pick your sweethearts and defend them because you think they do no wrong.

If Oprah decides to really run, I'm sure they'll dig some skeletons out of her closet too. And people consider her a friggin' saint.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 53157
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 Jan 2018, 22:41

GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

User avatar
Still Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 43182
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Still Baron » 09 Jan 2018, 22:50

Snarfyguy wrote:Bannon forced out of Breitbart.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... 25d41e49ba

Har!


And Trump headed to Davos while speaking warmly about DACA. :D
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 23856
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 10 Jan 2018, 01:44

sloopjohnc wrote:
Sanders is a politician. Do you really think he was above these kind of things?

That's what gets me with you, Jimbo. You pick your sweethearts and defend them because you think they do no wrong.


Sanders is fine. I like him more than most politicians. I thought his 2016 campaign was a bit dishonest in that he was actively selling policies he was never going to be able to deliver, but on the other hand - there’s an argument to be made for selling aspirational goals. I don’t think it’s good strategy, but good people can disagree on that point.

What I didn’t like was a certain segment of Sanders’ supporters. Specifically the ones who felt the need to discredit the entire Democratic Party in order to hoist him up.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Image

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 12443
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 10 Jan 2018, 16:33

many of these Bernie supporters go by the sobriquet "Registered Democrat".
I agree many of these supporters could be tiresome ( just look at the convention coverage) but I, like MANY registered Democrats supported the Independent from Vermont because we've been encouraging our elected officials to prioritize these issues for years.

Obama saved the economy from tanking. God bless him for that. Many people - many registered Democrats - thought it was a good time to knuckle down on Wall Street. Neither Obama or the Dem leadership agreed. yeah, Bernie supporters can be self righteous but the Democrats really should have seen it coming.

How much of TRUMP's support was poor suckers who still felt dicked over by the financial collapse? I think it's safe to say SOME.
Don't Feed the Pedants

User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 23856
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 10 Jan 2018, 20:16

Like I said...a certain segment of his supporters.

I’ve got no beef with people voting in favor of the changes they want to see.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Image

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 12443
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 10 Jan 2018, 20:56

so, that televised "Immigration meeting"at the White House yesterday is on my mind. Maybe TRUMP isn't much of a president but he decided to play one on TV. Pretty canny with all the scuttlebutt that the man can't tie his own shoes - he shows up on TV seemingly engaged and actually responding & paying attention to people for the better part of an hour. with all the talk of mental infirmity and an extremely light daily schedule, this seems like a straight up effort to "look presidential" and he's already tooting his own horn that he did.

the presidency of the united states as a TV show.

also of interest is how this might be the first time (at least since those DACA talks with Shumer & Pelosi) that he has actually seemed to give a flying fuck what a Democrat thinks about anything.

what's up? is he trying to prove he's not a moron? that he can work with Democrats? to justify his cushy schedule by appearing engaged and productive?
it was one of the weirdest things I've seen him do but, on the other hand, I'm surprised it's taken this long. He's talking about ratings. I wonder if he's going to be on TV a lot more in these settings in the near future. no pesky questions - plenty of ass kissing. I'd like to think something good could come of at least the appearance of actually doing his job but it seems really staged and artificial at the same time.
Don't Feed the Pedants

User avatar
bobzilla77
Posts: 15992
Joined: 23 Jun 2006, 02:56
Location: Dilute! Dilute! OK!

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby bobzilla77 » 10 Jan 2018, 22:00

My cynical nature says that the current coziness with Dems is little more than a warning to the anti Trump Republicans that he can get shit done without them. Which... remains to be seen, but I do think that's the message. "Oppose me at your peril." We'll see how that works for him.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 23856
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 10 Jan 2018, 22:12

How long until he goes the full Howard Beale?
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Image

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 12443
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 10 Jan 2018, 22:24

I'm surprised that "you're so lucky I gave you the privilege of voting for me" thing blew over as fast as it did. I guess that's what happens when you say a lot of fool stuff - nothing really surprises anybody.

bobzilla77 wrote:My cynical nature says that the current coziness with Dems is little more than a warning to the anti Trump Republicans that he can get shit done without them. Which... remains to be seen, but I do think that's the message. "Oppose me at your peril." We'll see how that works for him.


He certainly had Lindsay Graham flummoxed. TRUMP really went WAY off the conservative reservation a couple of times during the meeting.
Don't Feed the Pedants

sloopjohnc
Posts: 63921
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Jan 2018, 21:48

Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc
Posts: 63921
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Jan 2018, 22:34

After his comments today, it looks like Trump is using that trustworthy melanin or pigment chart to evaluate US immigration.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 12443
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 11 Jan 2018, 23:14

From a dog whistle to a train whistle to a herd of rabid howler monkeys.
Reeeeeeeeeeeeee-pulsive!
Don't Feed the Pedants

User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 12383
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Geezee » 12 Jan 2018, 09:52

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:http://www.dictionary.com/browse/authoritarianism

Look up the entire definition. Under adjective #1 it says: “favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom.”

Under noun #1 it says: “a person who favors or acts according to authoritarian principles.”

You are wrong.


Well, I'll be damned. And I am sorry - I genuinely did not know. But to put this in context - in 6 years of studying political theory, and over 17 years of working either for a political risk consultancy or a human rights organisation, the difference between an authoritarian President versus one with authoritarian tendencies was a critical point of distinction (and deeply embedded into our editorial guidelines).

I suppose I didn't account for the fact that while political concepts are entirely dumbed down in mainstream political discourse to the point where they lose their original meaning, it doesn't necessarily make them inaccurate. :evil: ;)
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15822
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 12 Jan 2018, 12:53

It's been about two weeks since this broke but you've heard by how now among Trump supporters it is the FBI which is suspected of criminal behavior, especially when it comes to Agent Peter Strzok (pronounced “struck”) and his fellow agent and paramour, FBI lawyer Lisa Page, how they exchanged emails which were mildly anti-Turmp in tone but no matter how banal the conservative Trump lovers screamed foul; the FBI can not be objective in the matter of investigating Trump and is criminally covering up for these two Hillary lovers. I dismissed the criticism as OTT conservative drivel for even when you work for the government you are still allowed to have a political stance; you just can't let your opinion effect your work. But then I read this. https://consortiumnews.com/2018/01/11/t ... ssia-gate/ Strzok wan not just an agent he was "the FBI’s chief of counterespionage during the investigation into then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s unauthorized use of a personal email server for classified information" and "(t)hen, as Deputy Assistant Director of the Counterintelligence Division, Strzok led the FBI’s investigation into alleged Russian interference in the U.S. election of 2016." Get the whole story by clicking on the link and I will close this to show how this FBI honcho and his FBI lover's views were more than mild criticisms of Trump.

Sample text messages between Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, released to Congress and the media on December 13, 2016

++++++++++++++

03/04/2016

Strzok – God Hillary should win. 100,000,000-0.

Page – I know

++++++++++++

04/02/2016

Page – So look, you say we text on that phone when we talk about Hillary because it can’t be traced, you were just venting, bc you feel bad that you’re gone so much but that can’t be helped right now.

++++++++++

07/08/2016

Strzok – And meanwhile, we have Black Lives Matter protestors, right now, chanting “no justice no peace” around DoJ and the White House…

Page – That’s awful.

+++++++++

07/14/2016

Page – Have you read this? It’s really frightening. For Whites Sensing Decline, Donald Trump Unleashes Words of Resistance http://NYTI/ms/29WCu5!

Strzok – I have not. But I think it’s clear he’s capturing all the white, poor voters who the mainstream republicans abandoned in all but name in the quest for the almighty $$$

Page – Yeah, it’s not good.

Strzok – Poll Finds Emails Weighing on Hillary Clinton, Now Tied With Donald Trump http://nyti.ms/29RV5gf

Page – It is

+++++++++++++

07/26/2016

Strzok – And hey. Congrats on a woman nominated for President in a major party! About damn time! Many many more returns of the day!!

Page – That’s cute. Thanks

++++++++++

08/06/2016

Page – Jesus. You should read this. And Trump should go f himself. Moment in Convention Glare Shakes Up Khans American Life http://nyti.ms/2aHulE0

Strzok – God that’s a great article. Thanks for sharing. And F TRUMP.

++++++++

08/06/2016

Page – And maybe you’re meant to stay where you are because you’re meant to protect the country from that menace. To that end comma, read this:

Page – Trump Enablers Will Finally Have to Take A Stand http://nyti.ms/2aFakry

Strzok – Thanks. It’s absolutely true that we’re both very fortunate. And of course I’ll try and approach it that way. I just know it will be tough at times. I can protect our country at many levels, not sure if that helps

++++++++++++

08/09/2016

Page – He’s not ever going to become president, right? Right?!

Strzok – OMG did you hear what Trump just said?

+++++++++++

08/26/2016

Strzok – Just went to a southern Virginia Walmart. I could SMELL the Trump support…

Page – Yep. Out to lunch with (redacted) We both hate everyone and everything.

Page – Just riffing on the hot mess that is our country.

Strzok – Yeah…it’s scary real down here

+++++++++

10/20/2016

Strzok: I am riled up. Trump is a f***ing idiot, is unable to provide a coherent answer.

Strzok – I CAN’T PULL AWAY, WHAT THE F**K HAPPENED TO OUR COUNTRY (redacted)??!?!

Page– I don’t know. But we’ll get it back. We’re America. We rock.

Strzok– Donald just said “bad hombres”

Strzok– Trump just said what the FBI did is disgraceful.

END
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 23856
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 12 Jan 2018, 13:39

Geezee wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:http://www.dictionary.com/browse/authoritarianism

Look up the entire definition. Under adjective #1 it says: “favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom.”

Under noun #1 it says: “a person who favors or acts according to authoritarian principles.”

You are wrong.


Well, I'll be damned. And I am sorry - I genuinely did not know. But to put this in context - in 6 years of studying political theory, and over 17 years of working either for a political risk consultancy or a human rights organisation, the difference between an authoritarian President versus one with authoritarian tendencies was a critical point of distinction (and deeply embedded into our editorial guidelines).

I suppose I didn't account for the fact that while political concepts are entirely dumbed down in mainstream political discourse to the point where they lose their original meaning, it doesn't necessarily make them inaccurate. :evil: ;)


Yeah...the dictionary is for idiots.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Image

User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 23856
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 12 Jan 2018, 14:02

Jimbo wrote: I dismissed the criticism as OTT conservative drivel for even when you work for the government you are still allowed to have a political stance; you just can't let your opinion effect your work. But then I read this. https://consortiumnews.com/2018/01/11/t ... ind-russia



Boy...the more Parry articles you post, the more headscratching it becomes that anyone takes him seriously.

Where’s the evidence in that article? It’s full of innuendo and Parry’s interpretation of what might have happened, but how many stories can this supposedly great “investigative journalist” be excused for that feature no investigative journalism?

Any discussion of 2016 election bias at the FBI has to account for Comey’s unprecedented statements castigating Clinton when concluding their investigation and his letter regarding the Weiner messages just days before the election. If there was Clinton bias at the FBI, they had a strange way of showing it. A lot of credible political scientists would argue that they pretty definitively threw the election to Trump. Parry leaves all of that out of his counter narrative.

Anyhow - here’s an article on the same subject by actual journalists rather than by a propagandist:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanity ... goated/amp

The New York field office held Clinton and Trump in nearly equal disdain. “In 2016, the New York agents thought Hillary is corrupt and Trump is crazy—he’s in New York and they know him well,” a top veteran of the city’s office said. “So in the primary there was a majority of agents for Bernie Sanders.”
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Image