Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Flower

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Flower » 22 Jan 2017, 16:16

Maybe someone should explain to "The Donald" that ...

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me.

He can't or doesn't seem to be able to deal with any sort of criticism and loves feuding at the drop of a hat.

I never realized how many US citizens were mentally ill or devil worshippers
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 22 Jan 2017, 17:38

Jimbo wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:How long until one or more of the countries we have difficulty with starts encroaching on its neighbors to test our new child President? Can't imagine it'll be more than a month.

All thanks to Hillary and the Democrats. :D

...and Bernie Sanders, Cenk Uygar, Glen Greenwald, Jill Stein, the ghost of Eugene Debs, Julian Assange, Tulsi Gabbard, David Sirota and everyone at 911truth.org.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 22 Jan 2017, 19:18

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:How long until one or more of the countries we have difficulty with starts encroaching on its neighbors to test our new child President? Can't imagine it'll be more than a month.

All thanks to Hillary and the Democrats. :D

...and Bernie Sanders, Cenk Uygar, Glen Greenwald, Jill Stein, the ghost of Eugene Debs, Julian Assange, Tulsi Gabbard, David Sirota and everyone at 911truth.org.

Russia invades the Baltics. "Yes, because Hillary forced us to do it". Just like Abkhazia, just like Ukraine.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 22 Jan 2017, 23:16

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:All thanks to Hillary and the Democrats. :D

I'd also like to thank the Weinstein Brothers, my agent and everybody at Lion's Gate Pictures.
uggy poopy doody.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 23 Jan 2017, 03:56

sneelock wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:All thanks to Hillary and the Democrats. :D

I'd also like to thank the Weinstein Brothers, my agent and everybody at Lion's Gate Pictures.

...and most importantly, Jesus Christ almighty.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

HarryIrene

Postby HarryIrene » 23 Jan 2017, 10:09

"Nazi theory indeed specifically denies that such a thing as 'the truth' exists. If the leader says of such and such an event, "It never happened" - well it never happened. If he says two and two are five - well two and two are five." George Orwell 1943.

Sound familiar?
Nothing To See Here. Move Right Along

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 23 Jan 2017, 10:18

To think I've got another 4 years, at least, of having to hear about this turd.

I think Zuckerburg should come up with some kind of Trump Facebook filter whereby any post relating to the man is removed from your news feed.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 23 Jan 2017, 12:54

Goat Boy wrote:To think I've got another 4 years, at least, of having to hear about this turd.

I think Zuckerburg should come up with some kind of Trump Facebook filter whereby any post relating to the man is removed from your news feed.

Make it so. PLEASE.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 23 Jan 2017, 14:32

Goat Boy wrote:To think I've got another 4 years, at least, of having to hear about this turd.

We shall see. He's the oldest person to take the office, he doesn't appear to be in particularly good physical shape, and apparently eats a lot of junk food.

But any scenario with him out of the picture also calls for a president Pence - and that guy is pretty much just as scary as Trump, only in different ways.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

HarryIrene

Postby HarryIrene » 23 Jan 2017, 14:58

Yes. If Trump gets the Pope John Paul 1 treatment from the intelligence agencies, his ultra right conservative VP stepping up to the plate is no laughing matter. Like going from a bull in a china shop to the snake in the grass.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 24 Jan 2017, 03:44

I think I got my mind right, boss. Trump has got to go.
Question authority.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 24 Jan 2017, 07:44

HarryIrene wrote:"Nazi theory indeed specifically denies that such a thing as 'the truth' exists. If the leader says of such and such an event, "It never happened" - well it never happened. If he says two and two are five - well two and two are five." George Orwell 1943.

Sound familiar?

Is that a real quote? I don't know anything anymore... :(
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Postby ... » 24 Jan 2017, 08:47

Geezee wrote:
HarryIrene wrote:"Nazi theory indeed specifically denies that such a thing as 'the truth' exists. If the leader says of such and such an event, "It never happened" - well it never happened. If he says two and two are five - well two and two are five." George Orwell 1943.

Sound familiar?

Interesting article on "alternative facts" here

http://andrewgelman.com/2017/01/22/geor ... ive-facts/

Quite worrying about the open contempt in which Trump and his henchmen hold the fourth estate.

While the paranoia was always bubbling under ("you won;t have Dick Nixon to kick around any more" after his failed bid for Governor of California in 63 being one example) it was fully four years before Nixon, Ehrlichman and Haldeman et al, exhibited this level of hatred in public
Last edited by ... on 24 Jan 2017, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.

HarryIrene

Postby HarryIrene » 24 Jan 2017, 09:10

Geezee wrote:

Sound familiar?

Yes he wrote it as part of an essay on The Spanish Civil War in 1943.

It is clear to us that In the hands of an autocratic power such as Putin and many of his predecessors in the former Soviet Union; as well as Facist regimes such as Franco, Hitler, Mussolini; the reality of truth is eroded and subverted, even perverted, to suit their twisted ideologies. Trump is comfortable with this modus operandi as we can see. The only thing to ponder is does he consciously know he is spreading lies and misinformation and twisting the truth or does he really believe what he is saying because he is demented. His people like Kelly Ann Conway and Steve Bannon certainly know what they are doing. 'America First' sounds like a nice catchy everyman slogan for 'Trump's people until you know its origins as Bannon will have undoubtedly known.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 24 Jan 2017, 09:54

HarryIrene wrote:
Geezee wrote:

Sound familiar?

Yes he wrote it as part of an essay on The Spanish Civil War in 1943.

It is clear to us that In the hands of an autocratic power such as Putin and many of his predecessors in the former Soviet Union; as well as Facist regimes such as Franco, Hitler, Mussolini; the reality of truth is eroded and subverted, even perverted, to suit their twisted ideologies. Trump is comfortable with this modus operandi as we can see. The only thing to ponder is does he consciously know he is spreading lies and misinformation and twisting the truth or does he really believe what he is saying because he is demented. His people like Kelly Ann Conway and Steve Bannon certainly know what they are doing. 'America First' sounds like a nice catchy everyman slogan for 'Trump's people until you know its origins as Bannon will have undoubtedly known.

What is telling is that much of the response to 'alternative facts' has been incredulity and hoots of derision all round. How much this response is preaching to the choir is another question.

Things seem to be so utterly polarised - and quite finely balanced - that each side only listens their their own stuff.

ALthough...

It seems even right wing news sites are astounded:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/23/rightwing-sites-trump-administration-alternative-facts?CMP=fb_gu
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 24 Jan 2017, 14:50

Bye bye TPP! Donald dumps it and guess who is happy, Bernie Sanders.
Question authority.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Jan 2017, 16:08

Willie Brown, ex California speaker of the house and San Francisco mayor, has a column in Sunday's SF Chronicle. He said he was talking to a national prominent Republican and this guy said that Pence is the Republicans man and they're just waiting to pass some bills through Trump until they dump him in impeachment and put Pence in place. I think this is pretty likely - they can get Trump on almost anything if they desire but just have to have patience.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 24 Jan 2017, 16:45

Jimbo wrote:Bye bye TPP! Donald dumps it and guess who is happy, Bernie Sanders.

Hello Keystone and Dakota Pipelines and goodbye net neutrality!

etc.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 24 Jan 2017, 16:50

sloopjohnc wrote:Willie Brown, ex California speaker of the house and San Francisco mayor, has a column in Sunday's SF Chronicle. He said he was talking to a national prominent Republican and this guy said that Pence is the Republicans man and they're just waiting to pass some bills through Trump until they dump him in impeachment and put Pence in place. I think this is pretty likely - they can get Trump on almost anything if they desire but just have to have patience.

That would be a dangerous ploy wouldn;t it?
While they may get their man Pence in the Oval Office, presumably they would piss off huge swathes of voters in the process
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 24 Jan 2017, 16:58

The No Shit Times-Dispatch wrote:Trump Is Said to Keep James Comey as FBI Director

NO SHIT
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Return to “Nextdoorland”