President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Davey the Fat Boy

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 20 Apr 2017, 03:42

Not by award-winner Robert Parry, but...

http://reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN17L2N3
Marginal BCB contributor since 2006

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 20 Apr 2017, 04:41

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Not by Robert Parry, but...

http://reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN17L2N3

:roll:

On the face of it it is understandable that Putin would have preferred a candidate who looked more favorably on Russia. Putin wanted those sanctions lifted. Dumb Donald thought that good relations with Russia would be good for the USA and good for Dumb Donald. Win-win! And it wasn't hard to find news stories that made Hillary look bad, i.e., the fishiness over her Wall Street speeches and the easily imagined or actual scandals over at the Clinton Foundation.

But what about the hacking? (This is rich.) Did not Putin don a commando costume and hack the DNC computers and then hand the true stories over to Wikileaks? And where does this new revelation say anything about blackmailing Trump with peeing hookers?

Neither of the Russian institute documents mentioned the release of hacked Democratic Party emails to interfere with the U.S. election, according to four of the officials. The officials said the hacking was a covert intelligence operation run separately out of the Kremlin.

In a nutshell, this is a recap of the weakest part of the original FBI's "Russia influenced the election" story. There were stories on Russian-owned English media that made Hillary look bad. Very weak tea.
I love you.

fueryIre
Location: the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between th

Postby fueryIre » 20 Apr 2017, 07:55

Jimbo wrote:Jimmy Dore is right and enough with the mealy mouthed platitudes about unity and opportunity and make with the concrete shit like Bernie did:

$15 minimum wage, Medicare for all, infrastructure rebuilding jobs, free college, less intervention, a fair deal for the Palestinians, re-regulate the banks, etc.

You don't hear this from the mouths of today's Dems.

Bernie wasn't as successful as he was because he's telegenic, it's because he had plans to help people.

Far from being "concrete shit" (or even more laughably "plans", these are just pie-in-the-sky promises - the fact that they come from the mouth of a politician desperate to garner votes makes them even less credible.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Apr 2017, 10:24

Jimbo wrote:... has taken the all of us to the brink of a world war. The amplification of those empty charges have nudged on the winner, a lunatic who promised detante' and to rebuild America, to where he is lobbing missiles at Syrian air bases and with carriers off the North Korean coast.

They guy you actively urged us all to support upon his election - less than six months ago.

Remember that?
“Before you play two notes learn how to play one note — and don’t play one note unless you’ve got a reason to play it."

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 20 Apr 2017, 10:41

Diamond Dog wrote:
Jimbo wrote:... has taken the all of us to the brink of a world war. The amplification of those empty charges have nudged on the winner, a lunatic who promised detante' and to rebuild America, to where he is lobbing missiles at Syrian air bases and with carriers off the North Korean coast.

They guy you actively urged us all to support upon his election - less than six months ago.

Remember that?

:lol:
I love you.

fueryIre
Location: the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between th

Postby fueryIre » 20 Apr 2017, 11:54

Jimbo wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:

Remember that?

:lol:

Fucking Russians, hijacking people's computers.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 20 Apr 2017, 12:01

Wait, if RT, a news channel funded by the Russian government was backing Trump over HRC, according to secret documents that was a flashing light indicator that Trump was a puppet for Putin. But how about FOX News? The "fair and balanced" network backed Trump as well. Is FOX News a Kremlin mouthpiece as well? OMG!!!
I love you.

fueryIre

Postby fueryIre » 20 Apr 2017, 12:35

This is terrific - a woman eased her dying husband's pain by telling him Trump had been impeached

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/17/polit ... d-elliott/

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 20 Apr 2017, 16:12

Jimbo wrote:Wait, if RT, a news channel funded by the Russian government was backing Trump over HRC, according to secret documents that was a flashing light indicator that Trump was a puppet for Putin. But how about FOX News? The "fair and balanced" network backed Trump as well. Is FOX News a Kremlin mouthpiece as well? OMG!!!

Fox News is a Republican Party mouthpiece. To the extent that Putin is willing to campaign for them, they seem willing to go along.
Marginal BCB contributor since 2006

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 20 Apr 2017, 16:13

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Wait, if RT, a news channel funded by the Russian government was backing Trump over HRC, according to secret documents that was a flashing light indicator that Trump was a puppet for Putin. But how about FOX News? The "fair and balanced" network backed Trump as well. Is FOX News a Kremlin mouthpiece as well? OMG!!!

Fox News is a Republican Party mouthpiece. To the extent that Putin is willing to campaign for them, they seem willing to go along.

Seriously, "fair and balanced" network, Jimbo? Where'd you read that? :lol:

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 20 Apr 2017, 20:20

Jimbo wrote:A discredited and shady online publication which gets its information straight from Vladmir Putin himself has accused our hometown good boy Toomanyhatz of belonging to an online band of junkies and McDonald's eaters.
1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 21 Apr 2017, 02:50

toomanyhatz wrote:A long read, but worthwhile:

http://www.stonekettle.com/2017/04/the- ... rance.html

A coup - professionally done of course - is what we need. Seriously.

I remember reading a long time ago how France is a country run not by bureaucrats but by "technocrats." Not sure of the relevance of that but that is what entered my mind as I read the piece. The writer makes an excellent point. And maybe I'm skittish due to the back and forth arguing you and I have got going here, but how, Hatz, does this post relate to me? Because, when it comes to the US's foreign policy a Carter-ish holding off of action is what I favor. Not to mention a full court diplomatic press as well. I do think too, however, the media press to blame Russia for the election loss is nearly as reckless as Trumps bullheaded blundering.

And what if the US military did stage a coup like they do in third world countries promising after the president is overthrown they'd restore order and a return to normalcy. Oh, wait, *dons tinfoil yarmulke* they already did on November 22, 1963.
I love you.

Hepcat

Postby Hepcat » 21 Apr 2017, 04:12

Charlie O. wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:

Seriously, "fair and balanced" network, Jimbo? Where'd you read that? :lol:

I hardly think you're the one to be prouncing on what's fair and balanced. You're about as partisan as they come.

:roll:

"That government governs best that governs least."

Hepcat

Postby Hepcat » 21 Apr 2017, 04:22

Jimbo wrote:Oh, wait, *dons tinfoil yarmulke* they already did on November 22, 1963.

Don't you find the fantasy world you inhabit a bit stifling at times? Do you ever bother to come up for air?

:?:

"That government governs best that governs least."

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 21 Apr 2017, 04:37

"Fair and Balanced" is Fox News' catchphrase. I used it in the sentence so I wouldn't need to repeat Fox News. I am aware that Fox News is biased against the "Democrat" party and not particularly fair nor balanced. I just found it funny how the "fair and balanced" network which champions Trump has not yet been accused of collusion with Russia.
I love you.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 21 Apr 2017, 05:24

Jimbo wrote:"Fair and Balanced" is Fox News' catchphrase. I used it in the sentence so I wouldn't need to repeat Fox News. I am aware that Fox News is biased against the "Democrat" party and not particularly fair nor balanced. I just found it funny how the "fair and balanced" network which champions Trump has not yet been accused of collusion with Russia.

I should have picked up on that! My bad, Jimbo.

fueryIre

Postby fueryIre » 21 Apr 2017, 09:04

Jimbo wrote:
A coup - professionally done of course - is what we need. Seriously.

Easy to say when you live in Tokyo.

Perhaps you could give the local branch of Coups'R'Us a call.

Jimbo wrote:
Because, when it comes to the US's foreign policy a Carter-ish holding off of action is what I favor.

So not a coup after all then.

Jimbo wrote:
...the media press to blame Russia for the election loss is nearly as reckless as Trumps bullheaded blundering.

Not unlike those calling for a coup when you think about it.

Return to “Nextdoorland”