President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
fire and fueryIre

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby fire and fueryIre » 12 Apr 2017, 10:09

Jimbo wrote:
fueryIre wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

In the real world that you left behind many moons ago, pointing out that someone is a crass and insensitive individual who is tolerant of another's crassness and insensitivity hardly constitutes accusing them of being a nazi.

But, hey, why break the habit of a lifetime and actually pay attention to something when you can simply shoe-horn it into your own warped worldview?

Alternatively you could have written, sorry for the misunderstanding, J. I know you aren't a Nazi.

Any misunderstanding is purely down to your predictable unwillingness to take a few moments to read, digest and try to understand what has actually been written.

At the end of the day, why should I (or anyone else here) have to apologise for your seemingly sociopathic inability to try and distinguish between what is there for all to see and some hidden truth open to you but denied to the rest of us?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 Apr 2017, 10:11

fueryIre wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
fueryIre wrote:
In the real world that you left behind many moons ago, pointing out that someone is a crass and insensitive individual who is tolerant of another's crassness and insensitivity hardly constitutes accusing them of being a nazi.

But, hey, why break the habit of a lifetime and actually pay attention to something when you can simply shoe-horn it into your own warped worldview?

Alternatively you could have written, sorry for the misunderstanding, J. I know you aren't a Nazi.

Any misunderstanding is purely down to your predictable unwillingness to take a few moments to read, digest and try to understand what has actually been written.

At the end of the day, why should I (or anyone else here) have to apologise for your seemingly sociopathic inability to try and distinguish between what is there for all to see and some hidden truth open to you but denied to the rest of us?

:D I love you, too, man.
I love you.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 Apr 2017, 10:25

DADDY-O wrote:HE DIDN'T CALL YOU A NAZI

I exaggerated. He only accused me of empathizing with a moron who espoused a Nazi POV.

Nonetheless, now it is I who am sorry for misunderstanding you, F.
I love you.

fire and fueryIre

Postby fire and fueryIre » 12 Apr 2017, 11:03

No worries, all part of the cut and thrust of life on BCB

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 12 Apr 2017, 12:59

So does Trump pissing off Putin take anything away from the theory that Putin/Russian hacked or influenced the US elections?
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 12 Apr 2017, 13:09

No
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 12 Apr 2017, 15:11

Jimbo wrote:Here is conservative Republican editorialist Charles Krauthammer advocating for single payer health insurance. Like I have said and you scoffed, that Trump promised a better health care system for all Americans and maybe it will come to pass.

Less than zero chance. I continue to scoff.
Marginal BCB contributor since 2006

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Apr 2017, 16:39

Jimbo wrote:Or maybe Spicer follows the revisionists who insist that Jews were not gassed, killed just the same but not gassed. Considering the alt-right neo-Nazi connections to the Trump team, maybe Sean's id slipped out.

I have stopped watching Rachel Maddow every night because she has become so enthusiastically dubious of everything the Trump administration does or she suspects them of doing or even going to do. I'm sure my friend pays attention to various political issues, but to the degree regular folks do. He's aware, because he likes to be superficially informed. But, Spicer is paid big money to not make these kind of mistakes. It's not like he was going to help win over someone like my friend and his family to Trump's side, but his comments gained my buddy's enmity for life.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 12 Apr 2017, 16:46

Such delicious chocolate cake like you've never seen.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 12 Apr 2017, 17:00

That Russian dude sounded pisssssssssssssssssssssssssed in the UN. At one stage I think he said to the US rep to look him in the eyes and not turn away.
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 Apr 2017, 19:40

I love you.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 12 Apr 2017, 20:37

The Great Defector wrote:So does Trump pissing off Putin take anything away from the theory that Putin/Russian hacked or influenced the US elections?

Jeemo wrote:No

I might have thought part of the motive for the airstrike was to distance himself from Putin, but on further reflection I think it's merely a case of a thoroughly incoherent foreign policy.
Jimbo wrote:In some ways, personality-wise, Trump and I are similar.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 12 Apr 2017, 20:49

Aside from the fact that I can't last more than a couple minutes of that jackass screaming at me, what Howard Dean says is actually correct - both Amnesty International and Doctors Without Borders HAVE confirmed that the Assad government is responsible for some (notice NOBODY used the word "all") of the human rights abuses on the citizens of Syria. And for good measure, neither of them have been the least bit hesitant to implicate US military action. And it wasn't Howard Dean that further exacerbated the issue by dropping bombs - made by a company in which our "president" owns stock - on innocent civilians. But by all means, let's save our ire for Howard Dean. Can't have Assad being blamed. :roll:
sloopjohnc wrote:I know I picked the Diamondbacks, but they were the wildcard. Next teams will be a little tougher.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 13 Apr 2017, 01:07

The larger point of the Tulsi Gabbard/Howard Dean video was Gabbard urging Trump to be more deliberative and have a real investigation before dropping bombs on Syria and sadly Dean backing Trump, urging him to bomb. You do realize there are conflicting narratives out here. Yeah, AI and DWOB may have said it was the Assad government but so what? They can give their testimony to an investigative board. You yourself seem dubious about Trump's motives (stocks in munitions) so why be in such a hurry to back him? Dean backed Bush's war in Iraq and Obama's war in Libya. He's a war lover, or probably another owner of munitions stock. Uh, Hatz, are you holding any Raytheon stocks?
I love you.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 13 Apr 2017, 02:12

Yes, of course, because obviously the point of my post was that we should bomb with impunity. :roll:

Once again, you need to learn some reading comprehension.

I appreciate you informing me about "conflicting narratives" but you seem completely unaware of the possibility of multiple narratives that don't conflict. Maybe you can't keep more than one concept in your head at once, but most of us can. Nowhere did I defend Dean. Your proof that Assad didn't gas his own people seems to be 'regime change would benefit the US.' That could be completely true - probably is, judging by Trump's actions, which directly contradict his statements on the matter before being president - and prove absolutely nothing about Assad. I remember the exact same thing happening during the Iraq war - people talking about how Hussein was actually a good leader and beloved by his people. Bullshit on both counts. Didn't mean he had WMDs or was harboring Al Qaeda. There is a HUGE gap between the two. Hate to break it to you, but the world ain't that black and white. I think I'll put more trust in humanitarian organizations that've actually been there than I will in some nut on the internet OR Gabbard OR Dean, thank you very much.

The thing you seem completely unwilling to get is that nobody here has denied that there's a war machine that takes innocent lives that the US is complicit in. It's your insistence that Trump is opposed to that on any level that is bewildering. If Howard Dean is a warmonger, if Hillary Clinton is a warmonger, then Donald Trump is a warmonger too. And a domestic terrorist for good measure.
sloopjohnc wrote:I know I picked the Diamondbacks, but they were the wildcard. Next teams will be a little tougher.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 13 Apr 2017, 03:39

I remember when Dean was the darling of the left. They loved him and hated Gore. Now Gore's a real progressive and Dean's a warmonger. And Trump's gonna make single payer happen. And Putin and Assad are peace-loving targets of Western hegemony.

Keep up folks.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 13 Apr 2017, 03:52

Gabbard is a political & intellectual lightweight posing as a progressive. In 2015 she supported the anti-refugee American Security Against Foreign Enemies Act. This past January she visited Syria with two members of the pro-Assad Syrian Social Nationalist Party, was given a monitored tour in which everyone expressed their love for him and she bought it. The only reason she's in office is because she ran on being a veteran - oh, and of course she looks a bit better than the average politician.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 13 Apr 2017, 04:07

Hey...we agree on something.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 13 Apr 2017, 05:25

Well, the other person Jimbo quotes is a pro-Trump pastor who admits that free expression of political views is not allowed by the Syrian government - then says "but most people don't care about that." Which I guess makes it OK. Hey, if it fits the narrative, might as well use it. You can always gloss over the uncomfortable parts...

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 13 Apr 2017, 05:40

toomanyhatz wrote:Well, the other person Jimbo quotes is a pro-Trump pastor .

Who is that?

And Howard Dean, once in favor of single payer is now a lobbyist for big pharma and the health insurance industry. Talk about flip flops! Gabbard, indeed a novice at the political game is at least looking for peaceful solutions. Left up to you and your fav, Hillary, the savior of Tripoli and she-wolf of Wall Street we'd probably be deeper into war than even Trump has gone so far.
I love you.