Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby naughty boy » 19 Sep 2018, 22:55

Yeah, yeah, he's going to see out this term AND have another.

And don't come over here 'cos we're probably even more fucked than you. :(
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 20 Sep 2018, 01:12

Eddie Shah environment wrote:Yeah, yeah, he's going to see out this term AND have another.

I really don’t think he can be re-elected.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 20 Sep 2018, 01:17

LeBaron wrote:
Eddie Shah environment wrote:Yeah, yeah, he's going to see out this term AND have another.

He's going to LOSE HIS SHIT after this midterm election and 1/3 of the population is going to go right along with him. They might convince or intimidate another 15% and there you have it. Plus the possibility of electoral shenanigans. I'm very concerned about a second term.

edit: PLUS there's no WAY he'd accept any result but a win, and he might be able to trick enough people into believing him. We don't have that much faith in our electoral process. There must be tons of people ready to believe that Crooked Hillary and The Lame Stream media have rigged the results of any election.
Last edited by Count Machuki on 20 Sep 2018, 01:26, edited 2 times in total.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 20 Sep 2018, 01:23

LeBaron wrote:

You never thought he could be elected in the first place! :x

:P
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 20 Sep 2018, 02:38

Snarfyguy wrote:
LeBaron wrote:

You never thought he could be elected in the first place! :x

:P

That’s very true!
But he’s never going to get as many votes as he did the first time. No one who didn’t vote for him the first time is persuaded to vote for him now. And some people who voted for him the first time won’t vote for him again.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Six String

Postby Six String » 20 Sep 2018, 06:12

He may get lucky and survive two more years but no way he'll do it again. He has a very loud minority and the GOP is just sucking on his teat until he's gone. He makes it look like he has a lot of support at his rallys but it's not all that.

I'm listening to Joe Ely so what do I know?
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 20 Sep 2018, 18:05

LeBaron wrote:Sounds to me like they’re setting this Monday hearing date as a red line and if she isn’t there to testify, they vote it out of committee and onward to the full Senate. Who knows what happens if she testified in public but they’re trying to make it sound as if they’re being totally reasonable by providing this chance when (given the Garland history) there’s absolutely no reason for the rush, apart from the obvious political problems they face.

They must be more scared about losing the Senate than I'd think they would be. The House will probably flip, but the Senate?
Unlikely.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Sep 2018, 18:08

Count Machuki wrote:
LeBaron wrote:Sounds to me like they’re setting this Monday hearing date as a red line and if she isn’t there to testify, they vote it out of committee and onward to the full Senate. Who knows what happens if she testified in public but they’re trying to make it sound as if they’re being totally reasonable by providing this chance when (given the Garland history) there’s absolutely no reason for the rush, apart from the obvious political problems they face.

They must be more scared about losing the Senate than I'd think they would be. The House will probably flip, but the Senate?
Unlikely.

Adam Schiff's recent tweet.

Republicans held Justice Scalia’s seat open for more than 400 days. Justice Kennedy’s seat has been vacant for less than two months. It's more important to investigate a serious allegation of sexual assault than to rush Kavanaugh onto the Supreme Court for a lifetime appointment.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Sep 2018, 18:09

And if you think following Trump on Twitter is insane, I suggest you follow Don Jr. He's a nut.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 20 Sep 2018, 18:30

Count Machuki wrote:

Unlikely.

They don’t want to take any chances. This is all that matters to them, it’s the reason they hold their noses and stick with Trump.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Sep 2018, 17:25

Trump is such a dick. His tweet last night asking why no one mentioned the assault 35 years ago to the FBI.

Like a 17 year-old girl is going to report a house party assault to the FBI.

Apparently, Kavanaugh was at the White House the other day and Trump refused to see him.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 21 Sep 2018, 18:15

He probably visited while "Fox & Friends" was on.
So, Dems did a good job the first couple days of making sure the loyal oppositon knows that the whole Merrick Garland thing is NOT forgiven.
I'd like to see them really cut this turkey's head off with one nice big CHOP.

We all know how it looks that Donald J. Trump is weighing in on the timeliness of sexual misconduct charges. it's time to talk about this.
we all know Kavanaugh is being fast tracked because he is a right wing test tube baby. it's time to talk about that.
that's muh rulin'

sure, no committee likes for somebody to tell them when they'd like to appear and under what circumstances but nobody has to play the victim here. I think the Dems could actually be in the cat bird seat here if they wanted to be. If the Repubs stick to the "Monday or Nothing" strategy - they should start talking so much that Grassley will wear out his gavel.
uggy poopy doody.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 21 Sep 2018, 18:57

sloopjohnc wrote:Trump is such a dick. His tweet last night asking why no one mentioned the assault 35 years ago to the FBI.

Like a 17 year-old girl is going to report a house party assault to the FBI.

Apparently, Kavanaugh was at the White House the other day and Trump refused to see him.

Nice one from The Onion

Trump Asks Why Kavanaugh Accuser Didn’t Just Immediately Request Hush Money

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 22 Sep 2018, 00:24

The GOP has so little faith in him it won't allow a few days for an FBI investigation. It's obvious they are trying to ram him through.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 22 Sep 2018, 00:24

The GOP has so little faith in him it won't allow a few days for an FBI investigation. It's obvious they are trying to ram him through.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 22 Sep 2018, 01:14

shit, ramming things through is all they do anymore.
everybody I talk politics with thinks the GOP is going to get reamed out. I wish I agreed.
to paraphrase Gordon Gekko: ramming things through is good. ramming things through works.
you watch any news today? the TRUMP admin. is doing it again. all they think they have to do is prove somebody talked shit about TRUMP and it makes them incapable of being True Americans!

they are just getting started. anybody who ever even HEARD about the Steel Dossier is going to be an enemy of the people pretty soon. Anybody who knows about Manafort funding Troll Farms will be flirting with thought crimes. they are going to keep releasing things that make their case that there are actually people who don't like Donald TRUMP and why should those people be allowed to walk around free?

Remember the story about the elephant and the blind men? well, let's declassify only the parts of their report that says the elephant is a tree because they are touching one of his legs. the elephant is officially a tree. anybody who says different is in violation of the offical story. okay, maybe they aren't going to round up the people who say otherwise but they are going to RAM the fuck out of them. they will be mocked and marginalized.

(bang my head on the table)
needless to say, I don't think things are looking up.
I think they plan to ride this Bronco straight through to 2020
uggy poopy doody.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 22 Sep 2018, 03:01

^^^ I think the cracks are starting to show & that there's an air of desperation about the administration these days.

Ultimately, the proposition Trump embodies and the sheer ineptitude of its delivery/implementation render it politically infeasible in the long term. The whole thing was an accident to begin with and something like a reckoning is coming due.

There will come a time, and it won't be long, when the party will be just as desperate to renounce him as it was to embrace him.

Either that or we're all FUCKED.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 24 Sep 2018, 15:50

Oh shit Rosenstein resigning?!

https://www.axios.com/rod-rosenstein-re ... 2ff43.html

edit: or maybe he's refusing to resign, looking to force Trump to fire him?
:?
Last edited by Count Machuki on 24 Sep 2018, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 24 Sep 2018, 16:08

Count Machuki wrote:Oh shit Rosenstein resigning?!

https://www.axios.com/rod-rosenstein-re ... 2ff43.html

WTF?

He should make Trump fire him.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 24 Sep 2018, 16:13

After spending 5 minutes on twitter after this broke, it became clear to me that no one really knew what was going on. Surely he’ll make Trump fire him. But that NYT piece gave Trump plenty of cover for that!

Return to “Nextdoorland”