Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 03 Oct 2018, 18:40

sloopjohnc wrote:Their names will be a black stain in history books and I don't know how they can't see that.

You mean history books written by liberal elite PhD historians and scholars?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 Oct 2018, 18:43

LeBaron wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:Their names will be a black stain in history books and I don't know how they can't see that.

You mean history books written by liberal elite PhD historians and scholars?

:lol:

Yeah, those ones.

The fake news ones.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 03 Oct 2018, 19:36

Presidential alert, eh?

Where is this going?
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Oct 2018, 19:59

well, Kim is writing him love letters so....
Iran?
uggy poopy doody.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 03 Oct 2018, 20:17

Anyone see the Esquire story on the Nunes family farm?

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... alifornia/

The TL;DR is it uses undocumented workers (in common with virtually all dairy farms in northwest Iowa, apparently) and Nunes and family have been covering it up. Ryan Lizza, on loan from the New Yorker, apparently, investigates and once the Nunes family figures what he's up to, things get creepy.

Also, there's an ethics issue; publishing the story may put the workers at risk. On the other hand, if ICE showed up and carted everyone off, the industry would fail instantly. So that's probably not going to happen.

Anyhoo, pretty rank hypocrisy from Nunes (to no one's surprise, I'm sure).
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

$P.Muff$

Postby $P.Muff$ » 03 Oct 2018, 21:29

Just because you own a farm or two doesn't mean you're a farmer, it simple means you're a business person. And Blue Bunny ice cream is some of the nastiest crap out there. Not surprising Milk o' Nunes is involved.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 Oct 2018, 21:41

Snarfyguy wrote:Anyone see the Esquire story on the Nunes family farm?

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... alifornia/

The TL;DR is it uses undocumented workers (in common with virtually all dairy farms in northwest Iowa, apparently) and Nunes and family have been covering it up. Ryan Lizza, on loan from the New Yorker, apparently, investigates and once the Nunes family figures what he's up to, things get creepy.

Also, there's an ethics issue; publishing the story may put the workers at risk. On the other hand, if ICE showed up and carted everyone off, the industry would fail instantly. So that's probably not going to happen.

Apparently, voters in Tulare County, which Nunes represents, have known this for years. The farm Nunes shows on commercials is his uncle. I have relatives in Visalia, which is in Tulare County. It is the California tourists don't see or think of when they think of California. Many of the farmers and ranchers there are descendants of the dustbowl immigrants and that area is more like Kansas than the coast in temperament. Many still carry a midwest twang.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 03 Oct 2018, 23:22

About the NY Times Report, Donald Trump wrote:The Failing New York Times did something I have never seen done before. They used the concept of “time value of money” in doing a very old, boring and often told hit piece on me. Added up, this means that 97% of their stories on me are bad. Never recovered from bad election call!

NY Mag observes

The “time value of money” is a very basic principle that anybody in business should know. It holds that the same nominal amount of money becomes less valuable over time. A person would rather be given a thousand dollars today than be guaranteed a payment of a thousand dollars ten years from now, because inflation erodes its value. Trump’s professed unfamiliarity with this elemental business concept does not challenge any of the findings of the story, and indeed perhaps helps explain why his father needed to give him such lavish support.

:lol:
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 04 Oct 2018, 00:23

the conservatives bouncing around in my personal gumball machine feel about the New York Times about the way Right Wing Dad feels about the Senate Judiciary committee -- namely SNARL.
uggy poopy doody.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 04 Oct 2018, 00:30

Sneelock wrote:the conservatives bouncing around in my personal gumball machine feel about the New York Times about the way Right Wing Dad feels about the Senate Judiciary committee -- namely SNARL.

The report seems like good, solid work. Of course it's two years too late. :x

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 04 Oct 2018, 17:32

A new corporate filing in the United Kingdom shows that Donald Trump’s prized Turnberry golf resort still hasn’t turned a profit for the president. According to paperwork filed last week by the Trump Organization, the Scottish property lost £3.3 million or nearly $4.5 million in 2017.

On his personal financial disclosure forms filed in the United States, Trump claimed the course earned him $20.3 million in “golf revenue”—which the UK filings for his company, Golf Recreation Scotland Limited, the parent firm of the Turnberry resort, back up. But Trump didn’t disclose that he spent far more to operate the course.

The course has been in the red since Trump purchased it in 2014 for $60 million. He subsequently pumped more than $140 million into renovating the property. In previous years, the Trump family claimed the losses occurred because the resort had been partially closed. Last year, however, the resort was fully open for business.

According to filings in the UK, the Turnberry course has lost about $44.5 million since 2014.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 04 Oct 2018, 17:35

Sneelock wrote:the conservatives bouncing around in my personal gumball machine feel about the New York Times about the way Right Wing Dad feels about the Senate Judiciary committee -- namely SNARL.

That's part of what gets me. Why they believe Trump lock, stock, and barrel.

My dad finally turned against Vietnam when Cronkite did and I don't remember this kind of resentment in the Watergate hearings.

Is it just distrust in government institutions and the general media? I guess I get that, but why put your faith in a charlatan?

Are people that desperate. Maybe they are.

$P.Muff$

Postby $P.Muff$ » 04 Oct 2018, 18:08

For the most part, I don't perceive desperation, but rather a toxic mix of evny, bitterness, xenophobia, feelings of personal inadequacy, ignorance (willful or not) and just plain meanness. There really isn't a consistent philosophy amongst his base other than: 'libruls mad = policy good'.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 04 Oct 2018, 18:27

sloopjohnc wrote:A new corporate filing in the United Kingdom shows that Donald Trump’s prized Turnberry golf resort still hasn’t turned a profit for the president. According to paperwork filed last week by the Trump Organization, the Scottish property lost £3.3 million or nearly $4.5 million in 2017.

On his personal financial disclosure forms filed in the United States, Trump claimed the course earned him $20.3 million in “golf revenue”—which the UK filings for his company, Golf Recreation Scotland Limited, the parent firm of the Turnberry resort, back up. But Trump didn’t disclose that he spent far more to operate the course.

The course has been in the red since Trump purchased it in 2014 for $60 million. He subsequently pumped more than $140 million into renovating the property. In previous years, the Trump family claimed the losses occurred because the resort had been partially closed. Last year, however, the resort was fully open for business.

According to filings in the UK, the Turnberry course has lost about $44.5 million since 2014.

It's not exactly a silver lining, but I'll be amused if it emerges that the gist of this article is correct.

How Trump Is Trying—And Failing—To Get Rich Off His Presidency

All these world-class swindlers like Scott Pruitt and Steve Mnuchin enriching themselves like pigs at a trough, but fucking Donald Trump is too stupid to know how to do it right. :lol:

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 04 Oct 2018, 18:49

Or in the case of the Jimbos of the world, anti-status-quo=policy good. Why anyone would be dumb enough to think that a wealthy person who benefits from having the status quo stay exactly how it is would attack the status quo in any way is beyond me, but there you have it.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

$P.Muff$

Postby $P.Muff$ » 04 Oct 2018, 18:55

Since granny got on FB she' s become a real political sage, dont'cha know?!

Sneelock

Melania's Fashion Statements

Postby Sneelock » 06 Oct 2018, 00:29

Did you see that picture of Melania in Africa wearing a pith helmet?
is she sending messages with her clothes? seriously, it seems, because of "I don't care do U" that she either puts NO thought into what she wears or a lot of thought into it.

a pith helmet would seem an odd choice if you thought about it. do you think she thought about it? I wonder.
uggy poopy doody.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 06 Oct 2018, 00:37

^^^ What, no sedan chair?

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Oct 2018, 01:09

:lol: and no palm fronds???
uggy poopy doody.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 06 Oct 2018, 02:22

She's taking the pith.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Return to “Nextdoorland”