Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 18 Feb 2018, 19:17

Sneelock wrote:A paranoiac mania so severe it has infected the TRUMP administration? :lol:
That’s one HELL of a mania!

It has! Now he can play Let's Bash Russia with the other kids without HIM and his ego being under the suspicion of colluding, etc. He won't even consider firing Mueller now because now he is confident they have nothing on him.
Question authority.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 18 Feb 2018, 19:23

Sneelock wrote:TRUMP says he never said things he’s said. He’s willing to accuse the FBI of letting children die in a paranoid word salad designed to cover his own ass with abosutely no obligation to be intelligent or consistent while he does so.

Only a few hours before his tweets yesterday:

“Really great job,” he told FBI special agent in charge Robert Lasky. “And you had a lot [of] FBI guys down here, quickly. So great job. Thank you very much.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/374444-trumps-anger-boils-over-with-russia-probe
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Feb 2018, 19:23

[quote="Davey the Fat Boy"]There’s no paranoia.

We know that there were Russsian trolls. :roll:

Dude, put on your big boy pants and read the link I sent. Those trolls, according to the latest Mueller report, are not connected to the Russian government nor Putin, nor Trump. The only thing true is that they were Russians, like I am American. I could just as easily try and spread whatever bullshit I want on the internet as they could - - in fact that is what I am doing, exactly what the Russian trolls are accused of doing.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 18 Feb 2018, 19:29

Jimbo wrote:

Dude, put on your big boy pants and read the link I sent. Those trolls, according to the latest Mueller report, are not connected to the Russian government nor Putin, nor Trump. The only thing true is that they were Russians, like I am American. I could just as easily try and spread whatever bullshit I want on the internet as they could - - in fat that is what I am doing, exactly what the Russian trolls are accused of doing.

Didn’t you read the rest of my post?

Nobody cares if they were directed by their government or not. You keep defending Putin,and by and large none of us give a shit.

I’m going to repeat the argument I just made over and over again until you address it:

What you don’t get is that almost nobody blames the Russians for doing this any more than we’d blame a cat for killing a mouse. We GET that we’ve done the same, and that to a certain degree ALL nations attempt to manipulate each other’s system.

If there is mania among liberals regarding Russia, it is mania to see Trump exposed. We want his finances exposed. We want his conflicts of interest exposed. And yes - we want his willingness to treason exposed. Beyond that - we’d like our government and Facebook/Twitter to build in some safeguards against the same shit happening again.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Feb 2018, 19:39

If there is mania among liberals regarding Russia, it is mania to see Trump exposed.

The best you will get is that bald ass-head shot when his hair exploded I'm afraid.

We want his finances exposed.

Absolutely!

We want his conflicts of interest exposed.

Mos def.

And yes - we want his willingness to treason exposed.

Good luck with that.

Beyond that - we’d like our government and Facebook/Twitter to build in some safeguards against the same shit happening again

Then you want the likes of me banned? Take Consortium News too. Jeez, I hope not.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 18 Feb 2018, 19:48

Jimbo wrote:
Beyond that - we’d like our government and Facebook/Twitter to build in some safeguards against the same shit happening again

Then you want the likes of me banned? Take Consortium News too. Jeez, I hope not.

No dummy. We want shit like this dealt with:

https://www.politico.eu/article/how-twi ... -go-viral/

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Feb 2018, 20:11

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

Whether it is Russian (something - I lost the quote) or “Macedonian teenagers” (or FOX News or the Republican Party or numerous web sites or simple word of mouth) —it doesn’t really matter.

See, they are unsure it was another country's government that did it but due to this mania it seems to go without saying that Russia/Putin dun it. And now we know, according to Mueller's report, that if it was Russian trolls it wasn't at the behest of the Russian government.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 18 Feb 2018, 20:27

Jimbo wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

Whether it is Republican or Russian or “Macedonian teenagers” (or FOX News or the Republican Party or numerous web sites or simple word of mouth) —it doesn’t really matter.

See, they are unsure it was another country's government that did it but due to this mania it seems to go without saying that Russia/Putin dun it. And now we know, according to Mueller's report, that if it was Russian trolls it wasn't at the behest of the Russian government.

Fucking hell...you can be tedious!

Didn’t I JUST say the following?

Nobody cares if they were directed by their government or not. You keep defending Putin,and by and large none of us give a shit.

I understand that you consider it YOUR SWORN DUTY to protect the Kremlin from even the slightest fucking hint of blame. But GET THE FUCK OVER IT!!!

We don’t care.

The important point is that this technology exists and that ANYONE can use it to manipulate our elections. So why the hell is it a problem for you to want to understand it and want to plug that hole.

If they can identify these bots...why can’t they ban them from our social media? That doesn’t mean banning you or Robert Parry’s ghost. It means identifying foreign propaganda accounts and disabling them.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Feb 2018, 20:44

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:

Whether it is Republican or Russian or “Macedonian teenagers” (or FOX News or the Republican Party or numerous web sites or simple word of mouth) —it doesn’t really matter.

Fucking hell...you can be tedious!

Didn’t I JUST say the following?

I understand that you consider it YOUR SWORN DUTY to protect the Kremlin from even the slightest fucking hint of blame. But GET THE FUCK OVER IT!!!

We don’t care.

The important point is that this technology exists and that ANYONE can use it to manipulate our elections. So why the hell is it a problem for you to want to understand it and want to plug that hole.

If they can identify these bots...why can’t they ban them from our social media? That doesn’t mean banning you or Robert Parry’s ghost. It means identifying foreign propaganda accounts and disabling them.

Me? Your article incessantly refers to Russia.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 18 Feb 2018, 21:00

BECAUSE THE BOTS HAVE BEEN LINKED TO RUSSIA!!!!!!

Like the guys indicted by Mueller - we don’t know for a fact that they work for the government. If you want to hold onto the thin reed that they and every other person slaving away on Russian troll farms are a bunch of lone wolves. That’s your insanity.

That one quote in that article (which appears to be the only thing you are willing to respond to in it) wasn’t meant to equivocate on whether Russia was behind the bots in question. It was arguing that it’s STUPID to debate whether they were.

Who GIVES A FUCK whether it was Russia or not? The point is that it is happening and SOMEONE is doing it (and taking care to leave Russian fingerprints if they aren’t Russia).

As a bona-fide Kremlin apologist, you should welcome Mueller’s investigation. Maybe he’ll find those Macedonian teenagers.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Feb 2018, 21:07

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:BECAUSE THE BOTS HAVE BEEN LINKED TO RUSSIA!!!!!!

Like the guys indicted by Mueller - we don’t know for a fact that they work for the government. If you want to hold onto the thin reed that they and every other person slaving away on Russian troll farms are a bunch of lone wolves. That’s your insanity.

That one quote in that article (which appears to be the only thing you are willing to respond to in it) wasn’t meant to equivocate on whether Russia was behind the bots in question. It was arguing that it’s STUPID to debate whether they were.

Who GIVES A FUCK whether it was Russia or not? The point is that it is happening and SOMEONE is doing it (and taking care to leave Russian fingerprints if they aren’t Russia).

As a bona-fide Kremlin apologist, you should welcome Mueller’s investigation. Maybe he’ll find those Macedonian teenagers.

Davey, this is how I see it, Russians or not, as problems go controlling bots on the internet is not that that big a deal. Okay?
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 18 Feb 2018, 21:11

That’s fine. We can agree to disagree on that point.

Meanwhile - I want Trump’s finances, conflicts of interest and willingness to treason exposed. So I support the investigations.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 19 Feb 2018, 07:44

Jimbo wrote:Those trolls, according to the latest Mueller report, are not connected to the Russian government nor Putin, nor Trump. The only thing true is that they were Russians, like I am American. I could just as easily try and spread whatever bullshit I want on the internet as they could - - in fact that is what I am doing, exactly what the Russian trolls are accused of doing.

The guy who's alleged to have funded the operation is a personal friend of Putin's who apparently enjoys a very lucrative contract with the Russian government, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there.

The president would be wise to cool his heels on [any] claims of vindication. The fact that this indictment doesn’t allege misconduct on the American side does not necessarily mean that Mueller lacks evidence to support such an allegation—or that he will not develop it in the future. This indictment deals with a limited subject matter: one aspect of the Russian operation—that involving social media influence measures—undertaken by non-governmental actors. It makes a point of not addressing the conduct of U.S. actors. That is neither inculpatory or vindicating. It is, rather, a deferral of the matter to another day.

What this indictment does, rather, is establish part of the predicate for a later claim of collusion. That is, the indictment details part of what it was that any Americans might have been colluding with.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/russian-inf ... indictment

Here are some FACTS for you about what's going down: Mueller's investigation has now produced
- The indictment of 13 Russian nationals for their role in a sweeping strategy to influence our elections
- A guilty plea by former national security adviser Michael Flynn for lying to the FBI about the extent and nature of his contacts with Russians during the 2016 campaign.
- A guilty plea by former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadapoulos for lying to the FBI about the extent and nature of his contacts with Russians during the 2016 campaign.
- Charges of a litany of financial crimes against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his deputy Rick Gates. They have both previously pleaded not guilty, but CNN's Katelyn Polantz and Sara Murray reported Friday that Gates is finalizing a plea deal.

This is real stuff that's actually happened - no "hoax."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/18/politics ... index.html

The way it seems, things are going to get worse for the Trump campaign/transition team/administration before they get better:

[E]verything that has emerged of the investigation so far suggests that the special counsel’s office has information well beyond that which it has made public. This is another reason to avoid making predictions about the innocence of the Trump campaign—or its guilt, for that matter—based on the limited scope of the indictment. Nobody knows how much more to come there is, and anyone pretending to, either by way of claiming vindication for those not yet indicted or by way of asserting confidently what the next shoe to drop will be, deserves a healthy measure of skepticism.

(again , Lawfare)

Jimbo. I'm not really interested in debating you on incontrovertible facts and whether you believe them. I know you're too jaded to be scandalized about any of this, but I feel pretty outraged that this fat fuck has led us down this road, all the while shrieking about how great he is.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 19 Feb 2018, 12:06

- The indictment of 13 Russian nationals for their role in a sweeping strategy to influence our elections.

Yeah, they did issue indictments. True. But anyone can be indicted, and if they can get them out of Russia for a trial, we'll see. Meanwhile relax. The bots will not harm you.

- A guilty plea by former national security adviser Michael Flynn for lying to the FBI about the extent and nature of his contacts with Russians during the 2016 campaign.

He supposedly met with the Russian ambassador after the election.

- A guilty plea by former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadapoulos for lying to the FBI about the extent and nature of his contacts with Russians during the 2016 campaign.

So GP pleaded guilty to lying. What does that make him? Did he lie about his contacts?

- Charges of a litany of financial crimes against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his deputy Rick Gates. They have both previously pleaded not guilty, but CNN's Katelyn Polantz and Sara Murray reported Friday that Gates is finalizing a plea deal.

Manfort's supposed crimes happened way before Trump ran for President. Since Gates (about whom I've heard less) is Manafort's junior business partner I will assume his crime has nothing to do with Trump's presidency either. If, however, the two can dish dirt on Trump, say he was a partner in their crime, even that won't get Trump out because I think he has some kind of presidential immunity. Impeachment? Maybe, but that doesn't necessarily spell the end of Trump. Clinton was impeached but served his entire term.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 19 Feb 2018, 12:12

From NYT https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/23/us/p ... brock.html

“Peter Daou sat with his team at a long wooden table last week, pushing the buttons that activate Mrs. Clinton’s outrage machine. Mr. Daou’s operation, called Shareblue, had published the article on Mr. Trump’s comment on its website and created the accompanying hashtag.“They will put that pressure right on the media outlets in a very intense way,” Mr. Daou, the chief executive of Shareblue, said of the Twitter army he had galvanized. “By the thousands.”

:o
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 19 Feb 2018, 12:58

Former CIA chief snickers about US interference. In a hurry go to 4:40. Have five minutes to spare? Watch it all and see how FOX is creating a new enemy CHINA! CHINA! CHINA! Unreal.

Question authority.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 19 Feb 2018, 13:55

New?
uggy poopy doody.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 19 Feb 2018, 20:30

Jimbo wrote:
Davey, this is how I see it, Russians or not, as problems go controlling bots on the internet is not that that big a deal. Okay?

I think bots on the internet are a VERY big deal especially in an election year.
Look what bots did to help take down Al Franken!
http://www.newsweek.com/alt-right-trump ... ter-810355
Last edited by Sneelock on 19 Feb 2018, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
uggy poopy doody.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 19 Feb 2018, 20:56

Jimbo believes in the power of the grass roots, and worries about the power of the mainstream media. But he has no worries about Internet propaganda. Not until Jimmy Dore tells him to worry.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 19 Feb 2018, 22:09

Very Stable Baron wrote:I can't read or respond to everything, but here's the thing: all this is an investigation undertaken by seasoned federal prosecutors. What comes will come either in a report to Congress or in FEDERAL FUCKING COURT. Say what you will about the deep state or political motivations or whatever else, but federal court is no joke, and federal judges, particularly those sitting in DC, are no joke. Whatever comes will be supported by sworn testimony and actual documentation. If there are actual legal proceedings, it will be subject to cross examination and the Rules of Evidence.

Jimbo wrote:I tried to read the indictment but failed

Jimbo wrote:Yeah, they did issue indictments. True. But anyone can be indicted, and if they can get them out of Russia for a trial, we'll see.

Have another try and look at the specific allegations in the indictments. These are things that the Mueller team has a good faith belief they can prove in federal court, within the rules of evidence, beyond a reasonable doubt. "Anyone can be indicted" is a general truism that applies to local yokel hometown prosecutions. This is, as I noted above, FEDERAL FUCKING COURT. Being indicted is never good, but being indicted in federal court by top gun prosecutors is a BAD thing.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Return to “Nextdoorland”