President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Oct 2017, 18:33

funny spoof of Trump on Funny or Die.

Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Oct 2017, 18:27

Trump is stopping all federal funding of the ACA, starting today. Most states were prepared. And then you have Iran.

It seems his only goal is to undo Obama's last eight years.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 13 Oct 2017, 18:41

agreed. case in point - He's also refusing to certify the Iran Nuclear deal.
"Wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns.”

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 16 Oct 2017, 18:01

Sneelock wrote:
bobzilla77 wrote:At this point I do believe he will be re-elected.

The people opposed to him are many, but they will not be able to get it together. They will insist on running a saint and bodily oppose anyone who doesn't qualify for what they perceive as sainthood.

And the Republicans will vote for the Republican.

We'll be here a while, folks. An 800-page thread.

I agree with the likely to be re-elected part and the 800 page thread part. I DON'T agree with the running a saint part. I mean, when has THAT ever happened? McGovern & Dukakis were hardly saints and I think they're the closest to what I think you mean when you say it - ideologically "pure" or what have you. MOST Democratic candidates for President are aimed squarely at that great big glorious MIDDLE.

I think we should be so lucky if they ran a saint. I mean that could be a freak show comparable to running a reality TV star. I think they'll run somebody that the "Take Government Back" crowd can call "the same old shit" even if the Government is pretty much taken back at that point.

What I saw last year was a big fight between the Berner "idealists" and Hill's "centrist/realists" which ended up fracturing the anti-Trump vote. I don't see any reason things would be different this time. If anything I think the fractures might become more pronounced.
Jimbo wrote:The Natural Times said no matter, essentially we are all doomed.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 16 Oct 2017, 18:17

The Modernist wrote:

Way to early to say that surely? I'd say the odds are greater that he'll do something catastrophic or there'll been some serious wrongdoing exposed that will lead to his removal from office.

Well certainly there's a bit of time, and lots of things could go either badly or well between now and then.

Just seeing how it's playing out today, knowing that he is more popular than Hillary and would win re-election if the election was held today, I don't know if it's possible to turn it around. How has his EVERY LAST SUPPORTER not concluded the guy's pulling a fast one and run him out of town on a rail?

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 16 Oct 2017, 18:25

bobzilla77 wrote:
Sneelock wrote:

The people opposed to him are many, but they will not be able to get it together. They will insist on running a saint and bodily oppose anyone who doesn't qualify for what they perceive as sainthood.

And the Republicans will vote for the Republican.

We'll be here a while, folks. An 800-page thread.

I agree with the likely to be re-elected part and the 800 page thread part. I DON'T agree with the running a saint part. I mean, when has THAT ever happened? McGovern & Dukakis were hardly saints and I think they're the closest to what I think you mean when you say it - ideologically "pure" or what have you. MOST Democratic candidates for President are aimed squarely at that great big glorious MIDDLE.

I think we should be so lucky if they ran a saint. I mean that could be a freak show comparable to running a reality TV star. I think they'll run somebody that the "Take Government Back" crowd can call "the same old shit" even if the Government is pretty much taken back at that point.

What I saw last year was a big fight between the Berner "idealists" and Hill's "centrist/realists" which ended up fracturing the anti-Trump vote. I don't see any reason things would be different this time. If anything I think the fractures might become more pronounced.

I think there's something to that but I think it's overstated & I think it's overstated because people know there's something to it & it sounds reasonable.
Bernie supported Hillary & she won the popular vote. Sure, Dems will continue to WAZZ all over each other - they always do but I think emphasizing that we are a house divided doesn't really do us any favors. Look at the Republicans - what a mess! they were all over the map and they got that amazing sack of shit in the white house. I think not getting the vapors over being a house divided makes them appear an altogether more solid front than they actually are.

enough Dems thought about what we had in common and what we were up against to win the popular vote. this is not to be taken lightly. I think much of the talk of "purity" and so on is from people who don't really want things to fundamentally change. I think the reason Tom Price isn't raising any money is that a lot of registered Democrats do. Being better than a sack of shit only gets you so far.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 16 Oct 2017, 18:35

yeah, it's a problem. I don't think it's insurmountable. I think the Dems need better leadership.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 17 Oct 2017, 17:50

Every day I marvel at the fact the United States of America elected a living, breathing turd as its president. It's just mind blowing.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 17 Oct 2017, 18:39

look at this whole "I'm the only President who ever comforted our dead soldiers families" crap. I mean, what the hell would make somebody SAY such a thing? Either he believes what he's saying is true or he doesn't care or he just talks the way other people FART. he just opens his mouth and BOOM something comes out.

it's exasperating.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 17 Oct 2017, 19:43

"America's first 'low-information' president: Trump Keeps Getting Mad When He Finds Out What His Policies Actually Do"

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... es-do.html

"Like millions of ordinary Americans, Donald Trump watches a lot of Fox News, but isn’t really interested in politics."
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 17 Oct 2017, 20:34

Sneelock wrote:yeah, it's a problem. I don't think it's insurmountable. I think the Dems need better leadership.

I really hope you're right that it's not insurmountable. This entire last year has done nothing but feed my cynicism.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 17 Oct 2017, 21:11

well, sure. me too. I just think larger problems are things like gerrymandering and The Voter's Right Acts - shit like that. I think people love to bring up the in-fighting because it keeps us biting each others necks instead of focusing. I'd like to think we can multi-task.

mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 17 Oct 2017, 22:12

This thread'll never last 4 years.
king of the divan

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 17 Oct 2017, 22:52

Ivanka Trump's "punk phase" - read all about it!

https://www.thecut.com/2017/10/ivanka-t ... _medium=s1

[In her mother's new memoir] Ivanka chimes in about what she describes as her “punk phase,” detailing her love of Nirvana, wardrobe of flannel shirts, and rebellious decision to dye her hair blue.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 17 Oct 2017, 23:10

Snarfyguy wrote:Ivanka Trump's "punk phase" - read all about it!

https://www.thecut.com/2017/10/ivanka-t ... _medium=s1

[In her mother's new memoir] Ivanka chimes in about what she describes as her “punk phase,” detailing her love of Nirvana, wardrobe of flannel shirts, and rebellious decision to dye her hair blue.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Covers Cup Champion 2017

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 17 Oct 2017, 23:40

Check this out.

I honestly can't tell whether this is legit or some kind of super-arch satire.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 17 Oct 2017, 23:48

Sneelock wrote:look at this whole "I'm the only President who ever comforted our dead soldiers families" crap. I mean, what the hell would make somebody SAY such a thing? Either he believes what he's saying is true or he doesn't care or he just talks the way other people FART. he just opens his mouth and BOOM something comes out.

it's exasperating.

He doesn't give a shit whether it's true or not. It just sounds good and people will believe it because that's what they want to believe. That's his genius, I guess.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 18 Oct 2017, 00:19

I have been schooled by Robert Parry and co. that the Russian "collusion" with Trump is probably bullshit and their "meddling" in the election is used as an excuse for why Hillary lost. However, I have said that if they get Trump on actual good old bribery, extortion and kick back type corruption charges with Russian businessmen or government officials, well, get him! So far about all we have is the Facebook "cute puppies" ad buy.

But if it's good old corruption I want to see exposed I need look no further than this headline in today's (7/17/17) Newsweek: FBI KEPT RUSSIAN BRIBERY PLOT UNDER WRAPS BEFORE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION APPROVED NUCLEAR DEAL WITH MOSCOW
http://www.newsweek.com/fbi-kept-russia ... cow-686660

Yes, it was Obama, Holder and HRC and co. who were colluding, covering up, quashing and then cashing in on Russian machinations. Bill's paid speeches, massive contributions to the Foundation, jeez, you don't think this kind of shit would have dogged a HRC White House a little bit do ya?
persona non grata among those who worship at the altar of conventional wisdom

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 18 Oct 2017, 01:19

Trumpy Bear!!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Covers Cup Champion 2017

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 18 Oct 2017, 17:00

Still Baron wrote:
Sneelock wrote:look at this whole "I'm the only President who ever comforted our dead soldiers families" crap. I mean, what the hell would make somebody SAY such a thing? Either he believes what he's saying is true or he doesn't care or he just talks the way other people FART. he just opens his mouth and BOOM something comes out.

it's exasperating.

He doesn't give a shit whether it's true or not. It just sounds good and people will believe it because that's what they want to believe. That's his genius, I guess.

Here's another theory:
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ps/543240/
WTF were Americans doing in Niger in the first place? who is even asking? everybody is batting at the shiny thing.
writer makes a good case for classic bait & switch. genius seems as good a word as any.