Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
`

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby ` » 11 Apr 2018, 18:06

Snarfyguy wrote:
I wonder if we'll see Cohen's claims that he'd take a bullet for Trump put to the test.

Fuck, I'd take a bullet for Trump myself.

Just tell me who and where the man who's going to shoot him is and I'll be there
with all the ammo he needs and more.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 13 Apr 2018, 00:02

The noose appears to be tightening and it's nothing to do with Russia

I will put this as bluntly as I know how: There is no way that the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York would have sought or executed a search warrant against the president’s lawyer without overpowering evidence to support the action... Put another way, Cohen’s situation, and thus Trump’s situation, is grave.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/how-cohen-r ... frontation
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 13 Apr 2018, 00:55

Where is Jimbo? He's suddenly awfully quiet. Wonder why?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 13 Apr 2018, 03:40

the masked man wrote:Where is Jimbo? He's suddenly awfully quiet. Wonder why?

Standing by. The good news is he seems to have backed off for now from attacking Syria. All that other stuff is fluff compared to war.
Question authority.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 13 Apr 2018, 06:33

I never thought I’d live to see the day. The President of the United States is boasting that he didn’t say WHEN he was going to bomb another country. Huh?
uggy poopy doody.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Apr 2018, 11:44

So when people say war, does this mean planes flying over and dropping bombs on each other's country, Nukes being fired etc? Or will it all take place on the ground in Syria.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 13 Apr 2018, 16:18

Putin has been very clear. His minister of blowing things up stated flatly that air strikes would be retaliated to in the areas where they came from.

I guess it depends on where strikes come from.
uggy poopy doody.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 13 Apr 2018, 17:34

how can you tell if somebody is having a meltdown? it used to be easy. if somebody suddenly started acting all agitated and overreacting then this was a pretty good sign. the President of the United States has been acting all agitated and overreacting each and every day for so long that there's really no way of telling.

this morning he filled up the Twitter with "crooked Hillary" and "slimeball" Comey. if it were anybody else I'd be concerned. I think I've finally wrapped my head around the idea that the President is somebody who goes on social media and calls people "crooked" and "slimeball". Will it be this way from here on out?

part of me feels like it will. that part of me needs to get drunk.
uggy poopy doody.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 13 Apr 2018, 17:43

Shit is happening too fast to keep track of, much less consider or discuss.

Mickey Cohen's lawyers have apparently asked to be accorded the opportunity to review the files seized by the FBI Monday before prosecutors do, because of course that's what they want. :lol:

Oops, gotta go!
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 13 Apr 2018, 20:37

Rosenstein out?

There are official rumors circulating.

I'll be in my bunker!

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 13 Apr 2018, 21:32

Theory: The Scooter Libby pardon is a message to Paul Manafort.

Seems reasonable.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 13 Apr 2018, 21:48

I've been reading stuff to that effect, but I'd like to think that these guys (Manafort, et al.) might be surprised to discover that the guy they expect to pardon them is no longer president when the time comes (fingers' crossed).
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 14 Apr 2018, 01:56

If this is true, there may be proof of collusion:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politic ... 70264.html

I’m sure Robert Parry will rebut from the great beyond.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 14 Apr 2018, 02:14

...and now Trump orders a strike on Syria.

Getting real.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 14 Apr 2018, 06:49

So, who had four in the “ How many days after Bolton gets hired before we bomb somebody” pool?
uggy poopy doody.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 16 Apr 2018, 01:24

Trump has been rage tweeting about Comey today. “TOTAL WITCH HUNT!!!” Type stuff. I liked John Fugelsang’s response - “innocent people don’t scream”
uggy poopy doody.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 16 Apr 2018, 20:13

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:If this is true, there may be proof of collusion:

That's very interesting and now I recall reading about this quite some time ago and wondering then, as I do now, how it's possible in this day and age -- even in Eastern Europe -- to not be able to pinpoint the whereabouts of a particular individual on particular dates. Unless an individual went to great lengths to conceal those whereabouts you'd think that he'd leave a trail of hotel records, credit card purchases, public video monitoring and so on.

I guess you'd need to go through diplomatic channels to get the right permissions that allow you to access that kind of information, which I suppose is a lot of legwork.

On the other hand, might a scenario come about where Cohen is obliged to affirmatively demonstrate that he was elsewhere during the relevant time period? Hmm.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 16 Apr 2018, 20:46

Snarfyguy wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:If this is true, there may be proof of collusion:

That's very interesting and now I recall reading about this quite some time ago and wondering then, as I do now, how it's possible in this day and age -- even in Eastern Europe -- to not be able to pinpoint the whereabouts of a particular individual on particular dates. Unless an individual went to great lengths to conceal those whereabouts you'd think that he'd leave a trail of hotel records, credit card purchases, public video monitoring and so on.

I guess you'd need to go through diplomatic channels to get the right permissions that allow you to access that kind of information, which I suppose is a lot of legwork.

On the other hand, might a scenario come about where Cohen is obliged to affirmatively demonstrate that he was elsewhere during the relevant time period? Hmm.

I read the article. Open minded. Just reading like an ordinary reader. Just below is the headline.

Sources: Mueller has evidence Cohen was in Prague in 2016, confirming part of dossier

Then the second paragraph is this: Okay … (rubbing hands) here's the part about Trump and Russia colluding … Man oh man!

Confirmation of the trip would lend credence to a retired British spy’s report that Cohen strategized there with a powerful Kremlin figure about Russian meddling in the U.S. election.

But then three short paragraphs later …

It’s unclear whether Mueller’s investigators also have evidence that Cohen actually met with a prominent Russian...

Further down ….

If Cohen met with Russians and hackers in Prague as described in the dossier, it would provide perhaps the most compelling evidence to date that the Russians and Trump campaign aides were collaborating

WTF kind of reporting is that? There is absolutely nothing here that indicates Cohen met a Russian dog trainer let alone a Kremlin authority.

I'm not defending Trump but showing how our media lie. And this is from McClatchy. They used to be the good guys!
Question authority.

take5_d_shorterer

Postby take5_d_shorterer » 16 Apr 2018, 20:51

Regarding Michael Cohen's list of clients.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 16 Apr 2018, 22:25

Jimbo wrote:WTF kind of reporting is that? There is absolutely nothing here that indicates Cohen met a Russian dog trainer let alone a Kremlin authority.

Respectfully, I think you're missing the point, namely that if Cohen is lying about his whereabouts, then he almost certainly was up to no good, that's all. If Mueller has evidence that Cohen is lying about his whereabouts, he can charge him with a crime and use that as leverage to get Cohen to spill.

Meanwhile, what will Hannity talk about on his show tonight?

Last edited by Snarfyguy on 17 Apr 2018, 02:02, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Nextdoorland”