Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
fange
100% fangetastic

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby fange » 26 May 2017, 03:15

What a boor of a man.

Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 26 May 2017, 04:28

Certainly he is a boor, but I'm not sure I see exactly what the video poster saw there. As Trump "pushes past" you can see him saying something to the Montenegro PM out of the corner of his mouth; the PM seems to say something back, smile in a friendly if not affectionate manner, and give T's arm a squeeze.

Which of course begs the question: what mischief are those two up to?

;)

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 26 May 2017, 05:25

Just thinking that if there is a world-wide conspiracy between the politicians, bankers and corporations it's got to be set up as delicately and as complicated as a fine Swiss watch.

Enter Donald Trump. (Sproing! )
Question authority.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 26 May 2017, 07:56

Charlie O. wrote:I really, really wish this was all just a movie.

me too.

Greg Gianforte won Montana, even after (allegedly) choking and body slamming a reporter for the Guardian who was just doing his job. It's fucking nuts our world.

I have this strange dreamlike remembrance of there being a time when the USA had some fucking dignity.
--m.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 26 May 2017, 07:59

martha wrote:

me too.

Greg Gianforte won Montana, even after (allegedly) choking and body slamming a reporter for the Guardian who was just doing his job. It's fucking nuts our world.

I have this strange dreamlike remembrance of there being a time when the USA had some fucking dignity.

Yes.

Quoted for truth and editing.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 26 May 2017, 09:36

Charlie O. wrote:Certainly he is a boor, but I'm not sure I see exactly what the video poster saw there. As Trump "pushes past" you can see him saying something to the Montenegro PM out of the corner of his mouth; the PM seems to say something back, smile in a friendly if not affectionate manner, and give T's arm a squeeze. Which of course begs the question: what mischief are those two up to?

Looks pushy to me. Trumps lips move but no eye contact, no customary arm on the shoulder to be civil - they locks arms a little. He doesn't need to know this person so he might as well not exist. Perfect symbolism. Trumps arrival at NATO is like a mafia boss threatening the local merchants for being late on protection money. Something he can finally understand and speak with confidence about, he was enjoying every minute.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 26 May 2017, 14:34

martha wrote:

me too.

The upside of the Montana thing is that the GOP may soon regret that Gianforte's been elevated to the national stage. He's shortly going to have to appear in court to face the assault charge and it's hard to see, from the evidence available, how he's not going to be convicted, which is going to put republican leaders in a weird position: do they seat him, thereby signalling approval of his conduct or a willingness to look the other way, or do they throw him under the bus and hold another special election in which the banjo guy is the front-runner, signalling that Montanans don't get to choose their own representative?

Whatever happens, I don't see how it's going to make the Republicans look good.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 26 May 2017, 15:34

I really don't see there being any (more) negative consequences for the Republicans out of this Montana fiasco. But who knows?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 26 May 2017, 16:25

Snarfyguy wrote:The upside of the Montana thing is that the GOP may soon regret that Gianforte's been elevated to the national stage.

Yeah, but the downside is that a majority of Montanans actually voted for him - even after his demonstration that he doesn't have the temperament for the job (if he responds that way to a reasonable question, how's he going to respond when things actually get stressful?).

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 26 May 2017, 16:57

Charlie O. wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:The upside of the Montana thing is that the GOP may soon regret that Gianforte's been elevated to the national stage.

Yeah, but the downside is that a majority of Montanans actually voted for him - even after his demonstration that he doesn't have the temperament for the job (if he responds that way to a reasonable question, how's he going to respond when things actually get stressful?).

The upside of that downside is that 70% of the balloting was done ahead of time, by mail, before the assault took place and before all three of Montana's leading newspapers pulled their endorsement of Gianforte.

source: cnn, I think, reported this.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 26 May 2017, 17:18

Ah! Thanks, that actually cheers me up a leetle bit.

nathan
submitted for your approval

Postby nathan » 26 May 2017, 18:10

Charlie O. wrote:Certainly he is a boor, but I'm not sure I see exactly what the video poster saw there. As Trump "pushes past" you can see him saying something to the Montenegro PM out of the corner of his mouth; the PM seems to say something back, smile in a friendly if not affectionate manner, and give T's arm a squeeze.

Which of course begs the question: what mischief are those two up to?

;)

If I remember right, didn't Vladimir Putin put up a hissy-fit over Montenegro joining NATO last year? I'm sure he didn't let Trump forget.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 26 May 2017, 23:42

Snarfyguy wrote:
martha wrote:

me too.

Greg Gianforte won Montana, even after choking and body slamming a reporter for the Guardian who was just doing his job. It's fucking nuts our world.

The upside of the Montana thing is that the GOP may soon regret that Gianforte's been elevated to the national stage. He's shortly going to have to appear in court to face the assault charge and it's hard to see, from the evidence available, how he's not going to be convicted, which is going to put republican leaders in a weird position: do they seat him, thereby signalling approval of his conduct or a willingness to look the other way, or do they throw him under the bus and hold another special election in which the banjo guy is the front-runner, signalling that Montanans don't get to choose their own representative?

Whatever happens, I don't see how it's going to make the Republicans look good.

Yeah we have judges like Todd Baugh and John McKeon here though so justice may not be served.

Rob by the way, is not known as "the banjo guy" in Montana. That's some deliberate "make fun of the hicks" bullshit the media went with. He does play the banjo, but he's also a huge arts advocate and philanthropist. He's not the kind with millions who tosses spare change in order to seem generous, but the grassroots kind. He's pretty beloved by anyone in the arts for his "lets have a benefit concert and do a fundraiser and raise awareness and fix things" attitude. I have worked with him for the past five years at various performing arts agencies and he's the guy you go to when you want to raise money for something non-profit and need a local headliner with global arts connections to help you. He is a true gentleman.
--m.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 26 May 2017, 23:55

Charlie O. wrote:

The majority of the state does mail in ballots. We are far flung and rural here. Their votes were recorded before the kerfuffle.
--m.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 26 May 2017, 23:58

If 180.000 voting liberals retired here (and DAMN! this state is freaking purdier than a $20 whore) the state would be solidly blue. The cost of housing is good. Missoula and Bozeman are liberal college towns and the flathead valley -- where I live -- is aside from Big Sur -- the most beautiful place I've ever been.
--m.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 26 May 2017, 23:59

--m.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 27 May 2017, 00:03

Less than 200,000 left wing voting people move here (and believe me, there's space) and it's a liberal paradise.
--m.

Postby ... » 27 May 2017, 16:20

Is anyone watching Trump right now. I'm watching him on BBC talking (at a US base in Italy?) . The man is completely unhinged. Very, very scary

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 28 May 2017, 03:06

Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson: "I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind. You take somebody that has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street, and I guarantee in a little while they'll be right back up there."

You guarantee that, Mr. Carson? Great! Let's take everything from you and put you out on the street and see how long it takes for you to get "right back up there." No cheating, now!

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 28 May 2017, 12:58

Its an appalling thing to say but I'm glad he (and Trump) are doubling down on their ignorance. It quickens their exit, hopefully before dumb words become dumb actions.

Do any of the US posters know any devout Trump voters and has their attitude to him changed since November?

Return to “Nextdoorland”