Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby kath » 02 Nov 2017, 23:44

Jimbo wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:you can always win this debate by pointing out some instances of actual investigative journalism any any of the links you’ve posted.

Meaning don't just quote somebody that agrees with you. Point out some actual instances.

:lol: Says the guy who scurries to Snopes for answers.

Look oatmeal man, I'm not a media critic I'm a consumer and except for what you Hillbots are posting here I have never seen such criticism of Parry and CN. It's out there I'm sure and I welcome you to find it but in the meantime I have confidence in Parry's reporting. It's like I said before wondering why one of Parry's biggest targets the NYT doesn't shoot back.

there's logic for ya, from A to -4.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 02 Nov 2017, 23:48

Jimbo wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Anyhow...apparently Media Bias Fact Check is solely owned by a guy named Dave Van Zandt (I’d post a link -but most are right wing attacks on the guy) who apparently doesn’t even have a journalism degree. So...grain of salt.

Type in your favorite or least favorite sites and see how they stack up. If an anti-Semetic site like Lew Rockwell.com is rated factual and unbiased then you'd have a point.

Not really. It would simply show that Dave Van Zandt has a low tolerance for anti-semitism.

Snee already pointed out that this Russia stuff is only part of what CN posts. So Parry’s shitty Russia screeds may be flying under the radar.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 02 Nov 2017, 23:52

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Anyhow...apparently Media Bias Fact Check is solely owned by a guy named Dave Van Zandt (I’d post a link -but most are right wing attacks on the guy) who apparently doesn’t even have a journalism degree. So...grain of salt.

Type in your favorite or least favorite sites and see how they stack up. If an anti-Semetic site like Lew Rockwell.com is rated factual and unbiased then you'd have a point.

Not really. It would simply show that Dave Van Zandt has a low tolerance for anti-semitism.

Snee already pointed out that this Russia stuff is only part of what CN posts. So Parry’s shitty Russia screeds may be flying under the radar.

All right Hillbot, show us some criticism of Parry from other than we amateurs here. The Media Bias/Fact check is supposed to be doing the heavy lifting but you are skeptical so dig some more.
Question authority.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 02 Nov 2017, 23:56

Davey the Hillbot! :lol:
Last edited by Sneelock on 02 Nov 2017, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.
uggy poopy doody.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 02 Nov 2017, 23:57

Ironic that you aren’t willing to debate our arguments on the merits, but instead are asking for the word of an authority figure.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 02 Nov 2017, 23:59

Sneelock wrote:Davey the Hillbot! :lol:

Also ironic. I spent a solid year working tooth and nail to deny her the Democratic Party nomination.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Nov 2017, 00:04

I was born in a Log Cabin!
uggy poopy doody.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 03 Nov 2017, 00:08

Anyhow...I’ve already seen Parry pull the WWIII/Nuclear War scare tactic too many times to ever even consider him as a credible source.

Doing that even once ought to get a “journalist” booted out of the profession.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 03 Nov 2017, 00:18

http://911truthnews.com/why-robert-parr ... 911-truth/

This should give you Parry-deniers some succor.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 03 Nov 2017, 00:27

TL;DR

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 03 Nov 2017, 00:36

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:TL;DR

What, is no one else wondering what the fuck this means? Is it some Twitter abbreviation?
Question authority.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 03 Nov 2017, 00:55

Jimbo wrote:

What, is no one else wondering what the fuck this means? Is it some Twitter abbreviation?

too long, didn't read

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/02/russian-hacking-beyond-us-election-digital-hitlist

The Fancy Bear mask slips, just a Kremlin front

Like that will surprise anyone at all
Moorcock, Moorcock, Michael Moorcock, you fervently moan.

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 03 Nov 2017, 01:41

Copehead wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

too long, didn't read

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/02/russian-hacking-beyond-us-election-digital-hitlist

Thanks for the translation. I think Davey saw "9/11" in the link and ran away.

Not that Russians don't spy or hack or whatever but I can't trust the gist of the article - Russia bad - without the Guardian or AP noting somewhere in the text that the US has the same capabilities, that the CIA has the capability to make it look like Russia is hacking but is in fact CIA fuckery.

From Wikipedia - Vault 7 is a series of documents that WikiLeaks began to publish on 7 March 2017, that detail activities and capabilities of the United States Central Intelligence Agency to perform electronic surveillance and cyber warfare. The files, dated from 2013–2016, include details on the agency's software capabilities, such as the ability to compromise cars, smart TVs,[1] web browsers (including Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera Software ASA),[2][3][4] and the operating systems of most smartphones (including Apple's iOS and Google's Android), as well as other operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux.

While not favoring my point but on balance favoring your point is this bit at near the bottom of the Wikipedia entry.

False flag theories[edit]
On the day the Vault 7 documents were first released, WikiLeaks described UMBRAGE as "a substantial library of attack techniques 'stolen' from malware produced in other states including the Russian Federation," and tweeted, "CIA steals other groups virus and malware facilitating false flag attacks".[56] A conspiracy theory soon emerged alleging that the CIA framed the Russian government for interfering in the 2016 U.S. elections. Conservative commentators such as Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter speculated about this possibility on Twitter, and Rush Limbaugh discussed it on his radio show.[57] Russian foreign minister Sergey Lavrov said that Vault 7 showed that "the CIA could get access to such 'fingerprints' and then use them.[56]

Cybersecurity writers such as Ben Buchanan and Kevin Poulsen were skeptical of these theories.[58][6] Poulsen wrote, "The leaked catalog isn't organized by country of origin, and the specific malware used by the Russian DNC hackers is nowhere on the list."[6]
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 03 Nov 2017, 02:13

Trump’s Continued War

Following President Trump’s announcement of an increase in U.S. troops being sent to Afghanistan, the Washington Post reported that “Direct U.S. spending on the war in Afghanistan will rise to approximately $840.7 billion if the president’s fiscal year 2018 budget is approved.”

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/11/02/h ... ss-us-war/

Hooray!! Gor bless ya, Trumpy!
Question authority.

kath

Postby kath » 03 Nov 2017, 02:53

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Anyhow...I’ve already seen Parry pull the WWIII/Nuclear War scare tactic too many times to ever even consider him as a credible source.

Doing that even once ought to get a “journalist” booted out of the profession.

i'm honestly worried about the situation in north korea.  not becuz of any scare tactics from parry (i haven't read any of his stuff on that) or any other journalist.  trump has made it repeatedly clear what his solution is, and it isn't diplomatic.  i recall about a month ago that adm james stravidis said when gauging the difference between trump's bully, blustering cocque-slinging comments and any reality of impending war, he said to watch actions and the group deployments.  in the space of a week last week, two more carrier attack groups were sent to join the one already there.

trump also amended the executive order under bush's terrorist act to be able to call into service retired and reserve military.

then today, mcmaster said NK might be classified as a terrorist nation, based on kim's assassination of his brother.... which would, of course, continue to make it easier to bypass congressional approval by relying on that same bush era terrorism rule.

these actions are facts.  how i interpret them is opinion.  mine.

just sayin.  i am not at all comfortable with these actions.

and i am not a scaremonger or a paranoid fucquer.  this would be the biggest thing i would love to be proven wrong about.

but i think it smells to high heaven.  i should rest assured that trump, in his infinite wisdom and political savvy, will fix this powder keg on his asian tour. (something tells me the carrier attack groups won't leave when he does, though.)

p.s.  yeah, i have no problem discussing the idea that trump would start a war solely as... diversion.  more opinion.  mine.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 03 Nov 2017, 03:58

Copehead wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/02/russian-hacking-beyond-us-election-digital-hitlist

I think Jimbo -- and I would say this to his face, in all kindness -- is always going to prefer the counter-narrative of the "repressed minority opinion" to prevailing consensus reality. Whatever, getting him to agree to something isn't *my* job. Everybody buys in to their own version of things to some extent.

Not sure the back-and-forth is productive though, but whatever! :)
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 03 Nov 2017, 04:45

And here's another curveball. Can't remember where I heard it, maybe Scott Horton podcast, but one good reason Kim is pissed is because the NKs discovered intel on US plans to assassinate his daddy. Kinda like how W felt about Saddam. We had agreements with NK and we broke them. We had agreements with Russia and we broke them. MLK said the United States is “the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today.” How's that for a repressed minority opinion? Good thing Martin wasn't a BCBer, offending everyone and such.
Question authority.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Nov 2017, 04:53

Jimbo, let’s say I’m a pickpocket & it’s my day off. I go to pay for dinner but somebody stole my wallet! Do I get to call the cops? Sure, I’m a rotten guy but I’m calling the cops.

Yeah, lots of people do lots of bad shit. But we can only deal with one sack of shit at a time. I would LOVE to hear a more robust discussion of US destabilizing and interfering in other governments. Our civil rights are under attack - no doubt in my mind about that. We should talk about that. But, whether those discussion happen or not - somebody stole our wallet!
Last edited by Sneelock on 03 Nov 2017, 05:03, edited 1 time in total.
uggy poopy doody.

kath

Postby kath » 03 Nov 2017, 04:56

Snarfyguy wrote:Not sure the back-and-forth is productive though, but whatever! :)

maybe i agree. whatever.

end. of. thread. then.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 03 Nov 2017, 04:56

Sneelock wrote:Jimbo, let’s say I’m a pickpocket & it’s my day off. I go to pay for dinner but somebody stole my wallet! Do I get to call the cops? Sure, I’m a rotten guy but I’m calling the cops.

Yeah, lots of people do lots of bad shit. But we can only deal with one sack of shit at a time. I would LOVE to hear a more robust discussion of US destabilizing and interfering in other governments. Our civil rights are under attack - no doubt in my mind about that. We should talk about that. But, whether those discussion happens or not - somebody stole our wallet!

Karma is a bitch.
Question authority.

Return to “Nextdoorland”