Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 13 Mar 2018, 16:52

Shit is moving fast. Tillerson = out, Pompeo is new S.o.S.

Papadopoulos says that Trump personally encouraged him to arrange meeting with Putin, new book reports

Republican-chaired House Intelligence Committee can't find evidence of collusion. Don't those guys even read the papers?

Trump's longtime personal aide John McEntee fired over investigation into "serious financial crimes" unrelated to the president, says CNN. https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/politics ... index.html
Last edited by Snarfyguy on 13 Mar 2018, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 13 Mar 2018, 17:06

They read Jimbo’s “sources”.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 13 Mar 2018, 17:25

Jimbo wrote:
I put the question to the commenters over at CN...

Well, there you have it. Whew. Here I thought blaming Jews for global unrest came across as a little anti-Semitic.

Can't say as I'm gonna miss Tillerson - that guy was useless at best. Pompeo, though...I remember him being a BIG fan of torture in the Bush Obama days.

(maybe I'm thinking of somebody else? Still feels like he's bad news)
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 13 Mar 2018, 17:35

Count Machuki wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

Well, there you have it. Whew. Here I thought blaming Jews for global unrest came across as a little anti-Semitic.

Can't say as I'm gonna miss Tillerson - that guy was useless at best. Pompeo, though...I remember him being a BIG fan of torture in the Bush Obama days.

Perhaps you are also thinking of the new (proposed) CIA boss!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 13 Mar 2018, 17:43

Very Stable Baron wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

But, but, she's a lady! Didn't you hear the President? Historic first! Voting against her confirmation would just be sexist. Plus, how could she have overseen secret torture sites and destroyed evidence to try and cover her tracks for signing off on it? She's a lady.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 13 Mar 2018, 21:55

Judge: Manafort faces the "very real possibility of spending the rest of his life in prison." http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/federal- ... d=53718155

Wow, that ought to be enough to get him to flip on whoever's above him in the chain of criminal buffoonery. I mean, who's he protecting?
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Mar 2018, 22:42

As much as our President loved shouting, "You're fired!" to people on his show, it seems he has a tougher time in real life.

Fired by tweet.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Mar 2018, 22:43

Count Machuki wrote:
Very Stable Baron wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:

But, but, she's a lady! Didn't you hear the President? Historic first! Voting against her confirmation would just be sexist. Plus, how could she have overseen secret torture sites and destroyed evidence to try and cover her tracks for signing off on it? She's a lady.

It was in Thailand so maybe that doesn't count.

That's a joke.

She has to be confirmed by a senate committee and McCain has already put out a tweet about her waterboarding history.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 14 Mar 2018, 04:04

Apparently Trump fired Tillerson in order to save us from WWIII!!!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/tillers ... ussia.html
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 14 Mar 2018, 04:33

uggy poopy doody.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Mar 2018, 14:31

It was unclear whether the president was still joking by the time he finished...

Says it all, really.

SPACE FORCE!!!

take5_d_shorterer

Postby take5_d_shorterer » 14 Mar 2018, 16:24

President Donald Trump on Monday called Alabama Senate hopeful Roy Moore and endorsed his campaign, fully aligning himself with the embattled Republican candidate eight days before the special election.
White House spokesman Raj Shah said Trump and Moore "had a positive call" during which they "discussed the state of the Alabama Senate race."
According to a release from the Moore campaign, Trump called the Senate candidate a "fighter," and wrapped up the call by saying, "Go get 'em, Roy!"

"I am honored to receive the support and endorsement of President Donald Trump," Moore said in a statement.

Trump calls Roy Moore to offer his endorsement, December 4, 2017
https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/04/politics ... index.html

"I came tonight because this guy is special," the president also said of Saccone.

"Rick is going to vote for us all the time," Trump also said ahead of Tuesday's election, emphasizing again that a Democrat like Lamb could not be trusted to back Trump's agenda fully.

But the more important message of the night might be the one Trump delivered earlier in his remarks — a message as much about himself and seeking re-election in 2020 as about the 2018 midterms:

"The task for everyone here tonight is to make sure that this great American comeback continues. Full speed ahead."

Trump In Pennsylvania: I Need Rick Saccone To Help 'Keep America Great!', March 10, 2018
https://www.npr.org/2018/03/10/59265950 ... rica-great

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 14 Mar 2018, 19:07

SPACE FORCE is gonna have a really cool theme song... they are getting Deadmau5 to do the remix. Which makes sense, considering how many dead mice pile up during space research.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 14 Mar 2018, 20:23

Here we go ... looks like more heads are about to roll and we could see nutbars like John Bolton back in action and ...

Perhaps most consequential for Robert Mueller’s investigation, sources said Trump has discussed a plan to fire Attorney General Jeff Sessions. According to two Republicans in regular contact with the White House, there have been talks that Trump could replace Sessions with E.P.A. Administrator Scott Pruitt, who would not be recused from overseeing the Russia probe. Also, as an agency head and former state attorney general, Pruitt would presumably have a good shot at passing a Senate confirmation hearing.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/03 ... al_twitter
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Mar 2018, 21:12

Very Stable Baron wrote:Here we go ... looks like more heads are about to roll and we could see nutbars like John Bolton back in action and ...

Perhaps most consequential for Robert Mueller’s investigation, sources said Trump has discussed a plan to fire Attorney General Jeff Sessions. According to two Republicans in regular contact with the White House, there have been talks that Trump could replace Sessions with E.P.A. Administrator Scott Pruitt, who would not be recused from overseeing the Russia probe. Also, as an agency head and former state attorney general, Pruitt would presumably have a good shot at passing a Senate confirmation hearing.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/03 ... al_twitter

Terrifying subhead of the day: “The president is finally realizing he is the president,” a former White House official told me. “He’s just making these decisions on his own.”

Milarepa

Postby Milarepa » 15 Mar 2018, 14:30

Trump admits he's stupid, and proud of it. With Justin Trudeau, concerning his assertion that the US runs a trade deficit with Canada:

“ ... So, he’s proud. I said, ‘Wrong, Justin, you do.’ I didn’t even know. ... I had no idea. I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ You know why? Because we’re so stupid. … And I thought they were smart. I said, ‘You’re wrong, Justin.’ He said, ‘Nope, we have no trade deficit.’ I said, ‘Well, in that case, I feel differently,’ I said, ‘but I don’t believe it.’ I sent one of our guys out, his guy, my guy, they went out, I said, ‘Check, because I can’t believe it.’

This is the post-truth age.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 15 Mar 2018, 15:42

Since I posted the Vanity Fair scare piece about Trump axing the rest of the people in his cabinet that aren’t towing the line, I should note that the Axios morning email tried to pour some cold water on it. But of course, we know these are all just rumors and we’ll wait and see.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 15 Mar 2018, 19:30

talking about Vanity Fair...

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/03 ... estigation

When it comes to the 2016 American presidential election, however, the Putin regime looks increasingly unwilling to follow rules of any kind. “I suspect Skripal was talking to Christopher Steele or someone on Christopher Steele’s team,” [former deputy assistant defense secretary] Carpenter says, referring to the former British spy who in 2016 compiled the “dossier” of alleged ties between Trump and Russia. “That is why this got Putin’s ire up, and so that’s why they went after him. The Kremlin’s No. 1 goal here is to intimidate anyone that may have talked to Steele or any of his associates, or who might cooperate with Mueller. Yeah, it’s pretty ominous. It’s a really, really bad development.”

:shock: that ain't good....

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 15 Mar 2018, 19:33

FAKE NEWS

WHY WOULD VLAD DO THAT!?

By the by, there’s an exhaustive piece in the New Yorker about Steele and the dossier.

And here it is . . .
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018 ... mp-dossier
Last edited by BARON CORNY DOG on 15 Mar 2018, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 15 Mar 2018, 19:49

Mueller Subpoenas Trump Org

*popcorn*

Return to “Nextdoorland”