Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sneelock

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 27 Jul 2018, 05:44

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:The midterm election hacking has commenced:

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/ ... port%3famp

I’ve got a shiny new nickel that says Jimbo calls bullshit.

mentalist (slight return) wrote:A couple of fascinating articles on Trump's mentor in asshattery Roy Cohn

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... trump.html

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/06 ... lationship

The thing that really gets me about this stuff is how Cohn and even Nixon did this shit mostly behind the scenes. Trump, like McCarthy, makes his wild claims & character assassinations out where all can see. I hope his fall from grace is as swift & certain.

THIS would be a good opportunity.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/26/politics ... index.html
By Cohen's account, Trump approved going ahead with the meeting with the Russians, according to sources

I’ve got another nickel that says TRUMP ramps up the Cohn tactics and goes up another 3 to 5 points in the polls.
uggy poopy doody.

mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 27 Jul 2018, 06:20

Interestingly Cohn was a lifelong registered Democrat and he (and Trump for that matter) gave a whole load of money over the years to various democrats in NYC, mayors & people such as Chuck Schumer & Hilary Clinton. Obviously that's how you peddle influence in that city. 20 years ago it would have been more likely that if you thought about Trump running for office, it would have been as a Democrat. They should strongly consider the nuclear option for NYC Democrats! People like Ocasio-Cortez are clearly more refreshing.
king of the divan

mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 27 Jul 2018, 06:34

Another interesting article. Showing how stinky Crowley and the Queens Democratic machine is:

http://newyorkdailynews.ny.newsmemory.c ... =062ed7f8f
king of the divan

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 27 Jul 2018, 17:41

Well this is certainly getting interesting (Trump Tower meeting denials).

In a loosely structured campaign, with people coming in and out of Trump’s office at will, and all of them desperately vying for the boss’s approval, the notion that they could set up what they believed to be a meeting that would deliver devastating dirt on Crooked Hillary and not tell Trump what they had done is preposterous.

Indeed, the night the meeting was set up (but before it took place), Trump excitedly told a crowd, “I am going to give a major speech on probably Monday of next week and we’re going to be discussing all of the things that have taken place with the Clintons. I think you’re going to find it very informative and very, very interesting.”

After the meeting failed to produce the hoped-for dirt, the promised speech did not take place.

Cohen can testify that he was present when Trump was informed of the meeting.

Trump, who has lied about his dealings with Russia so many times that his word has grown completely worthless, has to resort to the defense of pulling down the value of hostile witnesses to his own level. Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s attorney, told CNN Thursday night, “[Cohen]’s been lying all week, he’s been lying for years.”

Years! Keep in mind that Cohen has been working for Trump until recently. The effort to impugn Cohen’s credibility naturally impeaches Trump’s own credibility. Neither man is especially trustworthy, but the preponderance of circumstantial evidence supports Cohen’s testimony.

One can see the ground already shifting in the defenses of Trump. Now his defenders deny that working cooperatively with Russians to obtain Russian dirt on Clinton amounts to collusion, or that such a thing is bad at all. “Look, I don’t think that it’s bad if campaigns are turning to foreign governments for dirt,” asserts Andrew McCarthy on Fox News, “It’s not collusion. It’s not something that’s impeachable; it’s icky, but that’s what this is.”

But if that’s the case, and Trump faces no legal liability for his secret collaboration with Russia, why didn’t he simply admit it all along? Why tell a series of lies and implicate his subordinates in those lies, exposing them to potential perjury charges? Perhaps because he has more to hide.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... lying.html

Giuliani, May 6, 2018, re Michael Cohen: "The man is an honest, honorable lawyer."

LOL!
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 27 Jul 2018, 17:57

“It’s icky” :lol:
uggy poopy doody.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 27 Jul 2018, 18:31

sneelock wrote:“It’s icky” :lol:

Is that a Donald Trump, Jr. reference?
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 27 Jul 2018, 18:40

Hmm, now this Weisselberg guy (Trump Org CFO who "knows where the bodies are buried") is getting dragged in, and in fact, may already have testified.

This guy guy prepared DJT's taxes and was the treasurer of the Trump "charitable" foundation (that is getting so sued right now). I bet he know some interesting stuff. I wonder if they can just ask him any old thing.

https://thinkprogress.org/allen-weissel ... aa7fafd57/
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 29 Jul 2018, 18:25

Trump threatens government shutdown if Dems don’t vote to fund “the wall” and cut the programs he opposes.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/29/politics ... index.html
IMO, EVERY Democrat should be on EVERY TV show reminding America who is supposed to pay for the wall. We ALL know that MEXICO is supposed to pay for the wall. It’s time to say so, over and over again. He made a promise he can’t keep. People who support him need to be forced to own this.
uggy poopy doody.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 31 Jul 2018, 15:10

LeBaron wrote:And in the meantime, the President stacks the federal courts with judges far more radical than Kennedy and Roberts, so if and when all of the liberals wet dreams of majority governance come true, the federal courts will say, "not so fast." When the time comes to strike down universal healthcare or to overturn Roe v. Wade or ditch the exclusionary rule or declare the EPA unconstitutional, they won't strike out.

Even the Failing NYT says so!

NYT wrote:The expected appeals court confirmation on Tuesday of Britt C. Grant, 40, a Georgia Supreme Court justice who was once a clerk for Judge Kavanaugh, would be Mr. Trump’s 24th circuit court appointment — more than any other president had secured at this point in his presidency since the creation of the regional circuit court system in 1891, according to an analysis of judicial records by The New York Times. The Senate did not confirm President Barack Obama’s 24th nominee to the regional circuit courts until the fourth year of his presidency.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/31/us/p ... udges.html
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 31 Jul 2018, 23:21

oh boy, more bad news!
https://slate.com/business/2018/07/trum ... theft.html
Now, the White House appears to be contemplating a proposal that would combine our president’s two great loves into one, by using a legally questionable regulatory move to enact a $100 billion tax cut for the wealthy without bothering to pass a pesky bill through Capitol Hill first. In an interview reported Monday by the New York Times, Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said his department is looking into whether it can unilaterally alter the rules Americans use to calculate their capital gains taxes in order to account for inflation when they sell assets like stocks and bonds, a technical tweak that would result in a huge windfall for investors.

hopefully, the White House is just putting out "feelers" to see how people react to this.
hopefully they will soon pull back a stump.
uggy poopy doody.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 01 Aug 2018, 16:21

I don't see how Manafort has a chance. Shouldn't his lawyers advise him to fold? What's his game here?

Blaming the whole thing on Gates seems preposterous in light of the evidence the prosecution has. Gates didn't make Manafort fail to report income to the IRS.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Aug 2018, 16:43

I think Trump is getting little birds to whisper in his ear to sit tight -- that this will all blow over.
you know what? it might.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/01/politics ... index.html
"This is a terrible situation and Attorney General Jeff Sessions should stop this Rigged Witch Hunt right now, before it continues to stain our country any further. Bob Mueller is totally conflicted, and his 17 Angry Democrats that are doing his dirty work are a disgrace to USA!" the President tweeted

well, hell. who wants those angry democrats' rigged witch hunt to stain our country? those things are hard to get out!
uggy poopy doody.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 01 Aug 2018, 16:52

Snarfyguy wrote:What's his game here?

I think it's called Don't Get Novichok'd*

*from Milton Bradleyvich
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 01 Aug 2018, 16:55

Either he's gambling that Trump will save him (LOL) or he's falling on his sword to protect people (oligarchs) who'd destroy him and his family if he talked.

It's like it's from some outlandish espionage novel.

Meanwhile, Trump can tweet all the obstruction he wants. He's never going to see the inside of a courtroom for that or "collusion" as long he's president - and maybe he'll find a way to never stop being president!

At this point he might as well just cop to it; I'm sure his supporters would be into it.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Aug 2018, 17:00

I think he is counting on TRUMP's strategy to pay off. TRUMP's strategy? he is a refusenik. me good. you bad. no respect you authority - you bad democrat. me mighty president. face it, look at the polls. this shit is working. more people describe it as "a witch hunt" than ever. Trump is good and those who oppose him are bad. this is the President's strategy IMO and Manafort is sitting tight. why waste a pardon if he never needs one?
uggy poopy doody.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 01 Aug 2018, 17:25

Snarfyguy wrote:Either he's gambling that Trump will save him (LOL) or he's falling on his sword to protect people (oligarchs) who'd destroy him and his family if he talked

I suspect he’s betting on a pardon as a reward for not flipping and fighting The Man. With that said, I haven’t really looked at the indictments. I’m sure they’ll be targeting his former partner as an unreliable snitch out to save his own skin, but I don’t know how much of the prosecution’s case he’s meant to carry.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Aug 2018, 17:40

I think Manafort might be the reason President Trump is putting his foot down to stop the investigation NOW.
they are following the money and it's a fair bet that Manafort's money & Trump's get tangled up at some point.
uggy poopy doody.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 01 Aug 2018, 17:59

*rolls up popcorn machine*

Even if he fired Mueller and Rosenstein and everyone else, he still can't stop a federal criminal trial in progress.

Meanwhile, we'll have to wait for Jimbo to tell us about this awesome new conspiracy cult: QAnon. Just when you thought politics couldn't get any stupider - it's been called Pizzagate on bath salts and the core narratives resemble extremely demented/paranoid fan fiction.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90212200/qa ... umps-rally

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 01 Aug 2018, 21:37

I remember first reading about Q months ago. I remember thinking, "it's completely bonkers but it is so appealing to what those people want to believe."

It's only a matter of time before Trump himself starts giving those people reason to believe, innit? Something along the line of "very fine people are trying to defend the truth. Don't believe the lying media. If you wanna shoot pool, you gotta keep your eye on the Q ball."
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Aug 2018, 23:18

those people slid off the popsicle stick a LONG time ago. they'll believe anything somebody pins to the front of their shirt.

Obama hadn't been in office a year when my (then) State Rep had one of his "town hall" meetings. he did this several times a year but this time was a first. instead of the hall being filled with wonks and activists and people with nothing else to do it was standing room only with burly biker looking FOX News aficionados. the poor guy was aghast and completely unprepared for the great screaming wall of anger that met him this day.

He came, as he always did, to discuss pending legislation and community concerns. what he got this day was unguarded contempt. "what about the New black Panthers?????" "What About Acorn????" people wanted to know why a Muslim was in the White House and what he was doing to stop this.

I bring this up because it's my opinion that none of these things were conclusions reached by thinking people. they were the ravings of a mob. this is normal now. now that it's normal, the "opinions" get further and further out, less supported by reason and more firmly held, more expressed in anger than ever before.

soon Pizzagate will seem as quaint as Acorn outrage does now. the bottom line is that Acorn is gone. all it took was a bunch of people banging on tables and all the good work that org. did means NOTHING. Planned Parenthood is looking down the barrel of the same fate. people who get mad easy and like to yell and bang things have a lot of political power in America right now. they keep getting what they want - it's going to keep getting worse.
uggy poopy doody.

Return to “Nextdoorland”