Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
harvey k-tel
Long Player

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby harvey k-tel » 16 Nov 2017, 18:55

Presumably they'd also all love to see the notion of "age of consent" just disappear as well.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 16 Nov 2017, 18:58

it never ceases to amaze me how Big Media Millionaires can get away with talking out of both sides of their ass. "Roy Moore didn't do anything wrong / even if he did - what's so bad about it?"

what's so bad about it? seriously?

If that guy gets elected then I'll be banging my head on the concrete for a WEEK.
uggy poopy doody.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 17 Nov 2017, 00:53

It's Alabama dude, he's favored to win.

Good thing he didn't use a private email server while working for the government, he'd be run out of town on a rail.

He seems like the kind of old fashioned guy who would never send email, or even text pictures of his cock. He'd just walk up and show it to ya. I guess the benefit is, no electronic paper trail.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 17 Nov 2017, 01:48

^^^ A Fox News poll released today shows Jones leading Moore 50 to 42% among likely voters, for whatever that's worth.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 17 Nov 2017, 03:43

It's the unlikely voters you gotta watch out for...
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 17 Nov 2017, 21:53

Rick Perlstein reminds us that, despite their high-flown rhetoric, guys like Jeff Flake and Bob Corker should not be mistaken for heroes of the left.

A Republican Party that follows [Trump critics'] lead and gets rid of Donald Trump would surely be celebrated in the mainstream media as washed in the blood of the lamb—even though it would remain just as evil as before. It would still include, for example, Jeff Flake, who has voted in line with Trump 90 percent of the time...

[T]his fall, Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) was feted by the likes of historian Douglas Brinkley as a “real leader” after he called the White House an “adult day care center” bringing us to the verge of “World War III.” This Tennessee hero, however, also wants to gut Medicare and Social Security, disbelieves human-made climate change and stubbornly defended the war in Iraq.

http://inthesetimes.com/features/jeff_f ... tance.html
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 18 Nov 2017, 00:11

bobzilla77 wrote:Good thing he didn't use a private email server while working for the government, he'd be run out of town on a rail.

Which can't be easy, what with that banjo on his knee and all.

"Quite."

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 20 Nov 2017, 16:10

On the Trump campaign's (illegal) coordination with Wikileaks:

It helps to take a step back and remember how politically explosive it would have been, a year ago, to know that the Trump campaign was colluding with WikiLeaks. Consider the timeline we can now piece together. On September 21, 2016, the WikiLeaks Twitter account sent a direct message to Trump, Jr., who quickly notified four top Trump campaign officials (Jared Kushner, Kellyanne Conway, Steve Bannon, and Brad Parscale). The highest levels of the campaign knew that WikiLeaks was in touch with the candidate’s son and close adviser. On October 3, 2016, Trump, Jr., asked WikiLeaks, “What’s behind this Wednesday leak I keep hearing about?”

Four days later, on October 7th, two important events occurred. First, the U.S. intelligence community formally announced that “the Russian Government directed” the theft of e-mails from the Democrats and named WikiLeaks as one of the entities used by the Russians to distribute the stolen material. Second, shortly after the announcement, WikiLeaks began releasing the e-mails stolen from Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta.

Trump praised the organization in a speech—“I love WikiLeaks”—on October 10th. He tweeted about WikiLeaks on October 11th. The next day, WikiLeaks, seemingly encouraged by the coördination, sent another private message to Trump, Jr.: “Hey Donald, great to see your dad talking about our publications. Strongly suggest your dad tweet this link if he mentions us.” Fifteen minutes later, Donald Trump tweeted, “Very little pick-up by the dishonest media of incredible information provided by Wikileaks. So dishonest! Rigged system!” Two days later, on October 14th, Trump, Jr., tweeted the link that WikiLeaks had provided. The entire political world wanted to know whether the Trump campaign was actively coördinating with WikiLeaks, an organization that Trump’s own C.I.A. director would later call “a nonstate hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia.” On October 14th, Mike Pence was asked, on Fox News, if the Trump campaign was “in cahoots” with WikiLeaks. “Nothing could be further from the truth,” he said.

After Pence’s comment, several Trump officials issued their own blanket denials of any contacts with foreign entities during the campaign. As all of these general denials have collapsed, the White House has retreated to making more tailored denials. First, there was no contact at all. When numerous contacts were revealed, the White House shifted to arguing there was no coördination (or “collusion”). Now that clear coördination between WikiLeaks and the Trump campaign has been uncovered, the new line is that it wasn’t illegal. Trump and his Republican allies are betting that each disclosure, on its own, can seem innocuous or defensible, as the public becomes confused by the complicated timeline and tedious details. The Trump camp’s original broad denials start to be forgotten, and the bar for what is considered truly inappropriate coördination gets higher.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-colu ... save-trump

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 20 Nov 2017, 16:22

Since when is there an umlaut in 'coordination'?

*edit*

Nevermind, I see that they're calling it 'diaeresis' and is used to separate two syllables that are joined by a double vowel.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 20 Nov 2017, 16:39

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Since when is there an umlaut in 'coordination'?

*edit*

Nevermind, I see that they're calling it 'diaeresis' and is used to separate two syllables that are joined by a double vowel.

The New Yorker's fussy, stuffy house style is increasingly anachronistic, but it's kind of their signature thing so I guess they're not about to change it.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Nov 2017, 09:03

Love me a straight shooter. Covers lots of ground including Trump. Enjoy.

Question authority.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 27 Nov 2017, 20:00

The latest item scales new heights in incomprehensibility: Trump now claims the notorious Access Hollywood tape is "fake," despite having explicitly deemed it "real" by apologizing for it.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/27/politics/ ... index.html

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 27 Nov 2017, 20:07

This “fake” thing is working out so well for him that he’s taking it retro-active!
The so-called Christians are swallowing Roy Moore hook, line & sinker. TRUMP’s crowds LOVE this victim shit.
It gets ‘em ALL stoked up.
Last edited by Sneelock on 28 Nov 2017, 06:03, edited 2 times in total.
uggy poopy doody.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 27 Nov 2017, 20:48

"Christians" for Moore. :roll: Better to elect a child molester than a Democrat, eh? The hypocrisy is killing me.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 27 Nov 2017, 21:42

Classic Trump today. Navajo code talkers are being celebrated at the White House and Trump talks about the lack of indigenous representation in Congress except for "Pocahontas," meaning Elizabeth Warren.

How he can take such innocent things and turn them ugly is unbelievable.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 27 Nov 2017, 21:51

Practice makes perfect!
uggy poopy doody.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 27 Nov 2017, 22:35

Sneelock wrote:Practice makes perfect!

I don't even want to use the phrase, "stay in your lane." How 'bout, "Don't drive into oncoming traffic?"
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 27 Nov 2017, 23:09

it looks like the ceremony, such as it was, was held in front of that picture of "Old Hickory" that TRUMP seems to favor.
will the forehead slaps never end?
uggy poopy doody.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 29 Nov 2017, 13:07

Now he's tweeted three Islamophobic videos originally posted by a woman who is the deputy leader of (far-right extremist nutters) Britain First, a woman who was recently convicted of a religious hate crime.

What a guy!
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 29 Nov 2017, 14:23

PENK wrote:Now he's tweeted three Islamophobic videos originally posted by a woman who is the deputy leader of (far-right extremist nutters) Britain First, a woman who was recently convicted of a religious hate crime.

What a guy!

This actually might be good timing for such an outburst, when the Senate is preparing to vote on a highly contentious tax bill. Trump has been accused over and over again of subverting his own agenda with his distracting sideshows and he needs to unify his party if he wants to get the bill through. He's been churning the waters A LOT this week, so we'll see how it goes.

Return to “Nextdoorland”