Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sneelock

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 15 Mar 2018, 23:13

there's certainly a lot to bite the fingernails about.

the very idea of John Bolton being National Security Advisor in the same room with Secretary Pompeo & President TRUMP makes me want to tear off all my clothes and get drunk in the bunker.

I mean, those three guys have a history of opening their mouths and talking. despite the headaches, I've managed to listen to a great deal of this talking. the idea of ONE of those three guys holding sway over international affairs is enough to make my blood run cold. the idea of the THREE of them sitting around talking about North Korea or Iran - I just can't wrap my mind around it.

hopefully a great crack will appear in the earth's surface and swallow up at least two of them before such a thing could possibly happen.
uggy poopy doody.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 16 Mar 2018, 03:48

These are SUBPOENAS (I love that word, it's so weird), not the softer "ask" that kickass federal prosecutor honchos just go ahead and do when they're concerned about evidence getting destroyed in a frenzy. More than likely, Mueller already has versions of the stuff he's asking for, so if the response is deemed to come up short, he will have very hard questions about why that is so.

Recall this was Trump's line in the sand re the investigation, beyond which he wouldn't countenance. Will he try to invoke executive privilege (on stuff that preceded his presidency)?
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 16 Mar 2018, 03:57

Supposedly, they're cooperating.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 16 Mar 2018, 17:17

I've been hearing a lot about the Russians potentially hacking our energy grid. As near as I can tell this is not coming from Hillary or George Soros or the Democrats or Maxwell Smart or any other "Deep State" agents - it's coming from the Furshlugginer TRUMP Adminstration.

what are they trying to DO, start World War 3??? :p
uggy poopy doody.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 16 Mar 2018, 19:42

Maybe YOU are starting WWIII by hearing that.

Just get a ouija board and believe only what Robert Parry tells you through it.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

take5_d_shorterer

Postby take5_d_shorterer » 17 Mar 2018, 04:09

Sneelock wrote:If they really do fire this McCabe guy mere days before he retires then it's going to be DEEP STATE A GO-GO from here on out.

/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=137643&start=22

WASHINGTON — Andrew G. McCabe, the former F.B.I. deputy director and a frequent target of President Trump’s scorn, was fired Friday after Attorney General Jeff Sessions rejected an appeal that would have let him retire this weekend.

Mr. McCabe promptly declared that his firing, and Mr. Trump’s persistent needling, were intended to undermine the special counsel’s investigation in which he is a potential witness.

Mr. McCabe is accused in a yet-to-be-released internal report of failing to be forthcoming about a conversation he authorized between F.B.I. officials and a journalist.

In a statement released late Friday, Mr. Sessions said that Mr. McCabe had shown a lack of candor under oath on multiple occasions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/16/us/p ... fired.html

Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice last year with Russia’s ambassador to the United States, Justice Department officials said, encounters he did not disclose when asked about possible contacts between members of President Trump’s campaign and representatives of Moscow during Sessions’s confirmation hearing to become attorney general.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... story.html

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 17 Mar 2018, 14:30

Good NYT article this morning on Cambridge Analytical & the Mercers and how they’ve been using Facebook since 2015.
uggy poopy doody.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 18 Mar 2018, 03:39

Sneelock wrote:Good NYT article this morning on Cambridge Analytical & the Mercers and how they’ve been using Facebook since 2015.

This one?

Data Firm Tied to Trump Campaign Talked Business With Russians - The New York Times

https://apple.news/AOnTAB-B9SYKB1EoNbLbQ9A
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 18 Mar 2018, 05:23

Just stopped by to say HOLY FUCK about McCabe and what storms may be brewing now.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

take5_d_shorterer

Postby take5_d_shorterer » 18 Mar 2018, 05:27

Or this one:

LONDON — As the upstart voter-profiling company Cambridge Analytica prepared to wade into the 2014 American midterm elections, it had a problem.

The firm had secured a $15 million investment from Robert Mercer, the wealthy Republican donor, and wooed his political adviser, Stephen K. Bannon, with the promise of tools that could identify the personalities of American voters and influence their behavior. But it did not have the data to make its new products work.

So the firm harvested private information from the Facebook profiles of more than 50 million users without their permission

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/17/us/p ... paign.html

or maybe this one:

In January 2013, a young American postgraduate was passing through London when she was called up by the boss of a firm where she’d previously interned. The company, SCL Elections, went on to be bought by Robert Mercer, a secretive hedge fund billionaire, renamed Cambridge Analytica, and achieved a certain notoriety as the data analytics firm that played a role in both Trump and Brexit campaigns. But all of this was still to come. London in 2013 was still basking in the afterglow of the Olympics. Britain had not yet Brexited. The world had not yet turned.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... -democracy

prompting the following:

This article is the subject of legal complaints on behalf of Cambridge Analytica LLC and SCL Elections Limited.

Cambridge Analytica may not be the only entity interested in bringing a "legal complaint" on the matter.

Congressional investigators have questioned Mr. Nix about the company’s role in the Trump campaign. And the Justice Department’s special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, has demanded the emails of Cambridge Analytica employees who worked for the Trump team as part of his investigation into Russian interference in the election.

While the substance of Mr. Mueller’s interest is a closely guarded secret, documents viewed by The Times indicate that the firm’s British affiliate claims to have worked in Russia and Ukraine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/17/us/p ... paign.html

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 19 Mar 2018, 17:35

From WaPo's Fact checker @GlennKesslerWP: "The way Trump tweets about how investigators can't be trusted because they donated to Democrats, it's easy to forget he donated to Hillary Clinton in 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2009. Melania, Ivanka and Don Jr. also made donations to Clinton."

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 19 Mar 2018, 21:41

the Cambridge Analytica plot keeps thickening.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -elections
super sleazy.
uggy poopy doody.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 19 Mar 2018, 23:37

^^ “We could bring some Ukrainians in on holiday with us, you know what I’m saying.”

I know what he's saying.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 20 Mar 2018, 05:02

Sneelock wrote:the Cambridge Analytica plot keeps thickening.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -elections
super sleazy.

Waiting to hear about how the UK interfered in our election.
Question authority.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 20 Mar 2018, 21:35

President Donald Trump can’t avoid a former "Apprentice" contestant’s defamation lawsuit and may be forced to respond under oath to allegations of sexual assault and his treatment of women.

What with this and the upcoming Cambridge Analytica investigations, not to mention Stormy Daniels, Russia, Jared's venality, the Rob Porter scandal, the mass exodus of staffers and cabinet members, etc., etc., etc., how is this guy's goose not cooked?

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 20 Mar 2018, 21:43

We've been saying that for a year though. There are investigations and lots of stuff doesn't look good but the GOP is fully behind him.

It's not that different a place from a year ago really. He's done a lot more bad stuff, but he also got the GOP his tax break which predictably has cooled a lot of people off on the issue of "I am enthusiastically supporting an unabashed racist".

I think the "how is this guy's goose not cooked" question is answered by the fact that, the people propping him up know that their own goose will cook alongside his, so they need to do everything in their power to keep the temperaure low, or else fry themselves.

Lots of people think this year's midterms is where those people will meet their destiny. Let's see what we got.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 20 Mar 2018, 21:44

Random thought... wouldn't it have been weird if somebody besides Putin won the Russian election?

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 20 Mar 2018, 21:54

bobzilla77 wrote:Random thought... wouldn't it have been weird if somebody besides Putin won the Russian election?

Justin Trudeau called it "a nail-biter." :lol:

I think there's got to be a tipping point. If Trump's approval rating sinks below it because he's caught with his hand in the cookie jar*, Congressional support is going to start drying up and the whole thing enterprise is going to collapse.

* in any one of a number of ways. Who knows what scandals have yet to emerge ? It would be irresponsible, as they say, not to speculate. : )

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Mar 2018, 04:38

bobzilla77 wrote:Random thought... wouldn't it have been weird if somebody besides Putin won the Russian election?

On March 18 Russia held presidential elections. Everybody (with a brain) fully expected Putin to win, but hardly anyone expected him to win this big, or with this high a turnout: 67.47% of the eligible voters turned up at the polls; of them, 76.67%76.69% voted for Putin. In case you are still wondering whether Crimea is part of Russia (trust me, it is) the turnout there was 71.53%, of whom 92% voted for Putin. And in the once separatist republic of Chechnya the turnout was 91.54%. Record turnouts were also observed outside of Russia, among the very large Russian diaspora. Over half of all Russians voted for Putin.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/49038.htm
Question authority.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 21 Mar 2018, 14:56

^^^ But there was no real opposition and Putin controls the media. The result was inevitable.

Trumpy sure is mad he got found out ignoring his national security advisors warnings not to congratulate Putin, LOL.

Return to “Nextdoorland”