President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Dec 2017, 23:57

Sneelock wrote:meanwhile, back at the ranch, we continue our government's lurch towards Authoritarianism. I mean, I can't be the only guy to notice. it's not like it's a graceful, Swan dive. it's a big, loud, farting BELLYFLOP.

conflating journalism with unfair coverage. Discrediting judges that make decisions they don't approve of. For about a week now, the Administration and it's allies on the Hill and in the media are bad mouthing the F.B.I. and the people who run it. we all know why. one party alone drafts legislation without any input asked for or welcome from the other side.

tomorrow, Alabama voters are going to decide if they hate Democrats enough to elect a man accused of ghastly things who likes to wear a cowboy hat and wave around his gun.

if they do, then who knows who is waiting in the wings? "Sheriff Joe" for sure but can Ted Nugent and Kid Rock be far behind? I mean, what a luxury that things they once boasted of doing can now be labeled as lies and people who already like them will be perfectly happy to let them get away with this. President TRUMP had the nerve to call someone "a pervert" on Twitter the other day. He wasn't talking about himself or Roy Moore when he did. He would never DREAM of such a thing.

two guys accused of planning a bomb attack on Muslims asked the judge to put some people on the jury who are more likely to have voted for TRUMP.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fili ... y-51682435

watch a Sarah Huckabee-Sanders press conference lately? shit is getting scary.

They even have people starting paragraphs with lowercase letters. The country is going in the tank!
OCT wrote:Roger Waters is a cunt and his music is fucking shit.

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 11 Dec 2017, 23:59

microsoft office is not the boss of me!!!! ;p
"the brakes are good and the tires are fair.”

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Dec 2017, 00:03

Sneelock wrote:microsoft office is not the boss of me!!!! ;p

:lol:
OCT wrote:Roger Waters is a cunt and his music is fucking shit.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 Dec 2017, 15:56

Russia-gate’s Litany of Corrections
December 11, 2017
By Robert Parry

The U.S. mainstream media’s year-long hysteria over Russia’s alleged role in the election of Donald Trump has obliterated normal reporting standards leading to a rash of journalistic embarrassments that have both disgraced the profession and energized Trump’s backers over new grievances about the MSM’s “fake news.” … “So numerous are the false stories about Russia and Trump over the last year that I literally cannot list them all.” ...
https://consortiumnews.com/2017/12/11/r ... rrections/
Gadfly

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 Dec 2017, 16:19

Yes! According to TYT Mueller is doing what I - and Cenk - think should have been done ages ago before the dangerous and unproved yet still persistent Russia/Putin/email/Wikileaks/Gucifer conspiracy theory got so out of hand and that is: go after Trump's bank records. Truthfully, I didn't think that exactly but I have said if you want to get Trump go after his old fashioned corruption and not this weird story about how it was Putin and his troll farms and Facebook ads which gave Trump the edge over Clinton thus making Trump "Putin's puppet." Why the FBI hadn't done this earlier, or audited his taxes for that matter, is a mystery. Checking his banking records isn't a done deal and I am pessimistic that this will undo Trump, nonetheless, it is refreshing to see some sane, tried and true tactics brought into this battle.

According to the Parry article this was another among the plethora of misreported scoops in the Trump story - and I bought it. Maybe I missed it but I haven't heard a retraction from TYT yet. :x

Another inaccurate report from Bloomberg News, The Wall Street Journal and other news outlets – that Russia-gate special prosecutor Robert Mueller had subpoenaed Deutsche Bank records of President Trump and his family – was denied by Trump’s lawyer and later led to more corrections. The error apparently was that the bank records were not those of Trump and his family but possibly other associates.
Gadfly

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 12 Dec 2017, 18:45

Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 13 Dec 2017, 00:50

Give it a rest Jimbo. Trump is finished. He won't survive these latest allegations of sexual misconduct.

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 13 Dec 2017, 01:35

Shit, I’m beginning to think he can survive anything. He’s a political cockroach.
"the brakes are good and the tires are fair.”

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 13 Dec 2017, 03:30

I'm having a freakout attack. Total nail biter in Ala! I literally can't stand it.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 13 Dec 2017, 03:44

A ray of sanity by way of a major rebuke to Trump-ism? I'll take it!

Prediction: next POTUS tweet: #metoo backlash in full(er) effect.
Last edited by Snarfyguy on 13 Dec 2017, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 13 Dec 2017, 04:18

go fucquin bama!!

jeezuss christ.

take5_d_shorterer

Postby take5_d_shorterer » 13 Dec 2017, 05:01

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 13 Dec 2017, 07:11

take5_d_shorterer wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/12/us/politics/alabama-senate-race-winner.html

I'm glad he lost. So, now it's out here that Moore is a bad man so surely we'll see some prosecution for his child rape and whatever other shit he's pulled over the years, right? :lol:

See, that's what gets me. All these rich assholes, Trump, Clinton, Moore, Bush, etc., with researchers and reporters laying down for all to read crime after crime these bozos have committed, but then, aside from the public humiliation - which they seem to handle pretty well - as far as the law goes, they're all in the clear. Sell some "loosies" on a NYC sidewalk and the cops will kill you. Fuck children, grab pussies, run a fake charity, commit war crimes and you're a footnote in a conspiracy theorist's website.
Gadfly

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 13 Dec 2017, 08:43

My first reaction: thank god
My second reaction, after reading paper: despite all the outrage against Moore, 49% still voted for him!

But a genuine victory is a genuine victory.

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 13 Dec 2017, 08:47

Jimbo wrote:See, that's what gets me. All these rich assholes, Trump, Clinton, Moore, Bush, etc., with researchers and reporters laying down for all to read crime after crime these bozos have committed, but then, aside from the public humiliation - which they seem to handle pretty well - as far as the law goes, they're all in the clear. Sell some "loosies" on a NYC sidewalk and the cops will kill you. Fuck children, grab pussies, run a fake charity, commit war crimes and you're a footnote in a conspiracy theorist's website.

Not just politicians. How many rich celebs have been found guilty when tried by a jury? I'm thinking OJ Simpson and Cosby. People in the States particularly don't seem to like trying or convicting celebs. Yeah I know there are legal considerations and that's a sweeping statement.

Child abuse is a much more emotional accusation though than financial and political doings. Which is why I was surprised that Trump trotted out the "he's a good guy" line for Moore. But then I keep telling myself not to be surprised at him any more.

It's a tactic, isn't it? Get the public used to lies and shocks. Make them seem normal. Then carry on.

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 13 Dec 2017, 12:13

Jimbo wrote:
take5_d_shorterer wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/12/us/politics/alabama-senate-race-winner.html

I'm glad he lost. So, now it's out here that Moore is a bad man so surely we'll see some prosecution for his child rape and whatever other shit he's pulled over the years, right? :lol:

Assuming some of his accusers have described criminal behavior, the statute of limitations has almost certainly run. In general, limitations periods for sex crimes were much shorter in the 70s.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 13 Dec 2017, 12:35

Still Baron wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

Assuming some of his accusers have described criminal behavior, the statute of limitations has almost certainly run. In general, limitations periods for sex crimes were much shorter in the 70s.

Granted but (generality alert!) if they want you prosecutors can dredge up something like unpaid parking tickets or a tax audit. The crimes of these people are heinous and they shouldn't be allowed to freely walk the streets but because of their wealth, notoriety and squads of lawyers they walk. A little guy wouldn't get the same treatment.
Last edited by Jimbo on 13 Dec 2017, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.
Gadfly

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 13 Dec 2017, 12:38

Gadfly

take5_d_shorterer

Postby take5_d_shorterer » 13 Dec 2017, 13:26

Snarfyguy wrote:Prediction: next POTUS tweet: #metoo backlash in full(er) effect.

it's the usual not-my-fault line.

The reason I originally endorsed Luther Strange (and his numbers went up mightily), is that I said Roy Moore will not be able to win the General Election. I was right! Roy worked hard but the deck was stacked against him!

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTr ... 9728708609

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Dec 2017, 14:20

That Moore guy arriving at a polling both on horseback, brilliant.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model