Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 09 Jan 2019, 06:23

Stille Baron wrote:What about Manafort sharing internal (sensitive) polling with the Russians, eh? Jimbo just may have to EAT HIS COLLUSION HAT yet!

A link might be helpful. :)

Okay, I just watched a Young Turks video about the accidental expose of the lies he supposedly told investigators and the TYT team seem as gleeful as you at this news. We'll see if the COLLUSION charge holds up even with this rather weak revelation. I mean if this is THE bombshell then I think Trump will slunk his way out again.
Question authority.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 Jan 2019, 16:32

Man did those guys screw up. For my job I sometimes prepare redacted documents for filing in federal court and if I did what they did I would be so fired.

I'm not sure the collusion case is going to have a "bombshell," as such, or one that implicates DJT personally. It seems more to be a gradual accretion of facts that are bringing some kind of picture into increasingly clear focus.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 09 Jan 2019, 16:46

The bottom line for me is how, for months, TRUMP & all parties involved insisted that there had been NO contact with or business interests in Russia whatsoever. Well, it’s pretty clear that there was contact & interests to the extent that nobody really makes that claim anymore.

Well, I’m not the sort of person that lets somebody off the hook for something like that. The difference between “none” & “some” is the same difference between “some” & “lots”

Why are so many so willing to let this slide?
uggy poopy doody.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 09 Jan 2019, 17:04

Sneelock wrote:
Why are so many so willing to let this slide?

I'm starting to suspect that a good percentage of our countrymen JUST DON'T GIVE A FUCK, snee.
:(
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 09 Jan 2019, 18:01

I've been thinking about that "crisis" speech last night.

all this hubbub about him declaring a state of emergency and then he calls for this speech. So, he's got the media establishement's attention. he gives the speech. Anything he hasn't said a lot recently? not really.

okay, here's what I think. he needs to be on TV. he doesn't exist unless he's on TV. He gives his stupid rally speeches - he's on TV. He can't seem to get the hang of how to fucking govern but he certainly knows how to get his ass on TV.

In fact, I think the only thing that saves us from him being on TV 3 or 4 hours a day like Hugo Chavez is the fact that he knows, in his heart of heart, watching someone watching TV isn't really very good television.

Now, to the rebuttals - I think Bernie and Ocasio/Cortez did more than simply respond forcefully to the President's address. They showed more concern and ability to articulate the failings in the President's policy and presentation than the party establishment did and by a long shot.

I think the Democrats are having a lot of "shit or get off the pot" moments right now. I won't slam them entirely. they've done a good job of reminding people that TRUMP owned the shutdown before he tried to hang in on them. Here's the deal... while the "we just want to get to work" approach is a good one it can't compare with WHY the President's policy is unsound and what the real emergencies facing America are.

I think the Dems need to make their peace with "the new democrats". strategy only gets you so far and a lot of numbers are changing. I hear Democrats talking the way I think Democrats should be talking. I hope there will be solidarity but I don't think the Party Establishment should expect to dictate the terms of this. something new has been added. sure, it's been brewing for a while but, when voters hear it - they connect with it. I hope they will stand shoulder to shoulder with these people instead of trying to stand on their necks.
uggy poopy doody.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 Jan 2019, 18:32

Sneelock wrote:The bottom line for me is how, for months, TRUMP & all parties involved insisted that there had been NO contact with or business interests in Russia whatsoever.

What triggers my suspicion is that very insistence. You would think that someone with nothing to hide would have welcomed the opportunity to have a mole exposed (if, say, team-member-X were a rogue operator and no one else on the team knew). That person would have welcomed an investigation, if only for the optics of transparency it would have suggested.

But to unilaterally insist that not only you yourself, but EVERYONE on the team is 100% above suspicion just doesn't make any sense. How could he possibly be in a position to know such a thing, that's by definition not knowable? And these sweeping (yet easily disprovable) denials about his business interests have just totally undermined his position from day one.

He lies like he breathes, like my seven year-old with a mouth full of cookies who swears she didn't eat the cookies.

We still don't have enough info to know whether he knew about any collusion, but the only reasonable inference I can draw is that he's guilty as fuck.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 Jan 2019, 18:40

Sneelock wrote:I won't slam [the Democrats] entirely. they've done a good job of reminding people that TRUMP owned the shutdown before he tried to hang in on them.

They really need to drive home the points that a) the Wall money Trump is asking for now is THREE TIMES the amount he had in his own proposed 2019 budget for border security and b) he just had two years in office with a republican-majority Congress and pretty much just sat on his hands with respect to the issue.
Last edited by Snarfyguy on 09 Jan 2019, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 09 Jan 2019, 19:32

and c) the Wall is, and always has been, an insanely stupid idea.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 09 Jan 2019, 20:35

Steve Almond wrote:It’s not a real object, made of concrete or steel. It’s a childish fantasy, made of rage and denial and projection, the materials necessary to keep aggrieved white people safe from feelings of loss and despair and shame

https://www.wbur.org/cognoscenti/2019/0 ... eve-almond
uggy poopy doody.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 09 Jan 2019, 21:34

Seems Mister Very Stable Genius has just stormed out of a meeting in a huff. That'll show 'em!

that fucking guy wrote:Just left a meeting with Chuck and Nancy, a total waste of time. I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 09 Jan 2019, 22:54

...and KellyAnne Conway just called that CNN guy they hate a smartass.
it would appear that the TRUMP Administration is all-in on this whole "Road House" approach to governance.
uggy poopy doody.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 Jan 2019, 23:59

Count Machuki wrote:Seems Mister Very Stable Genius has just stormed out of a meeting in a huff. That'll show 'em!

that fucking guy wrote:Just left a meeting with Chuck and Nancy, a total waste of time. I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!

The Art of the Deal indeed.

mission

Postby mission » 10 Jan 2019, 00:35

Apparently in a lot of US jurisdictions using black highlighting instead of properly burning in redactions is extraordinarily common. What weirds me out was the need to redact part of your own submissions in the first instance.

Also that whole thing about Manafort leaving an incriminating trail because he needed help converting a Word doc to pdf - well, that had me in tears.

They are as stupid as we imagined them to be.

And, speaking of stupid, I read the other day that Trump's handlers in the early days really did introduce "the wall" as a theoretical construct; a mechanism to keep him on track re their border security and immigration messaging. They needed an idee fixe that appealed to the slumlord developer which enabled him to remember he needed to be openly racist and all fucked up in a specific sort of way, rather than rambling on generally like the geriatric arsegrape he is.

Turns out the metaphor was too appealing.

Now, one prays and hopes, the monstrous stupidity that is building a fucking wall, the metaphor made literal which got him in, will get him out.

Seriously, I don't think a day has gone by where the thought has not struck me anew, with near horror: "Donald fucking Trump is the president!".
Goodness gracious me.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 10 Jan 2019, 01:31

mission wrote:Seriously, I don't think a day has gone by where the thought has not struck me anew, with near horror: "Donald fucking Trump is the president!".

I confess that there is still - two-plus years later - a small part of my brain that thinks this must just be a ridiculously long and elaborate and stupid dream that I will surely wake up from any minute now...

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 10 Jan 2019, 01:51

Sneelock wrote:...and KellyAnne Conway just called that CNN guy they hate a smartass.
it would appear that the TRUMP Administration is all-in on this whole "Road House" approach to governance.

Patrick Swayze for NSA!

Oh, wait .... :cry:
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 10 Jan 2019, 04:11

Charlie O. wrote:
mission wrote:Seriously, I don't think a day has gone by where the thought has not struck me anew, with near horror: "Donald fucking Trump is the president!".

I confess that there is still - two-plus years later - a small part of my brain that thinks this must just be a ridiculously long and elaborate and stupid dream that I will surely wake up from any minute now...

You're late for work Charlie, get up!
king of the divan

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 10 Jan 2019, 05:07

Charlie O. wrote:

Same. It's like we went into some Philip K. Dick kind of scenario in November 2016.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 10 Jan 2019, 07:09

I didn't watch the actual episode but a "review" YouTuber covered the latest South Park highlights and Trump is depicted as an abusive bully, I guess what an abusive father or husband is like, a sadist, and having gone to the same military school as Trump (he graduated a year before I entered) the hazing I received from the upper-classmen came back to me. The "You calling him a liar? Hey Joe, this newbie just called you a liar." And then I get "chesties," punches to my solar plexus. That kind of shit. Since Trump made it to first captain, the top student rank, he was there a long time and knew the drill very well I'm sure. His brazenness and tough guy shtick reminds me of my military school torture all over again.

This is not a flip flop. Donald, I mean First Captain Trump is a swell fella. He let me shine his shoes and clean his bunk for inspection. I even gave him massages at night. He'd play Frank Sinatra records while I rubbed his back. Ooh there'd be a beating if I stopped before he fell asleep.*

No shit, that school was his school. I had a sudden move flinch reaction for years after.

* Actual experience with the captain of my company.
Question authority.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 10 Jan 2019, 18:18

Josh Marshall does a very good job of explaining why it is now beyond doubt that Paul Manafort, while serving as the campaign chairman of the Trump campaign, actively colluded with the Kremlin in their efforts to get Donald Trump elected president. What this means is that the president will probably have to fall back to a position he should have taken from the beginning. He’s going to have to argue that he knew nothing about what Manafort was doing and that he’s appalled to learn the details. What’s not clear is why he didn’t take that position from the beginning.

For me, Trump’s decision to vouch for Manafort and to dangle pardons before him has been the single most self-incriminating decision he’s made. But even after all this time, I doubt Trump will have any shame about reversing course and pinning everything he can on the man he hired to work for no pay. The real question is whether that’s ever been an option for him. If Manafort can prove that Trump was witting in his Russian collusion, then it won’t be possible for Trump to escape.

http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2019/1/9/162943/2553

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/th ... last-night

Six String

Postby Six String » 10 Jan 2019, 23:29

Maybe Cohen is going to do some more 'splaining at his next appearance before Congress.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Return to “Nextdoorland”