Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 07 May 2020, 13:35

A more quietly troubling take on the Honeywell trip without masks . . . from a WaPo Opinion Piece

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... k-factory/

Greg Sargent wrote:President Trump traveled to Arizona on Tuesday, where he toured a Honeywell plant that’s manufacturing N95 masks. Trump did not wear a mask during the visit, and neither did the Trump aides and Honeywell executives who interacted in close quarters with him.

In case you doubted that this was fundamentally a campaign trip, Trump tweeted out a campaign-style video of the event that depicted him as presiding over a robust effort to generate the supplies needed to combat the novel coronavirus, which he has in reality utterly failed to do.

But this visit raises some important questions — and potentially points to a serious dilemma for Trump’s opponent, Joe Biden.

Here’s the dilemma: It looks likely that Trump will be doing more such trips, which means he will basically be out campaigning, while Biden is not. Trump is able to stage these trips — and is conducting them and other events maskless, sending a message of normalcy to the country — because he’s able to benefit from special access to testing.

Will Biden be able to benefit from the same? Shouldn’t he be able to benefit from the same?

At the Honeywell plant that Trump toured, many employees of the company wore masks. Trump’s video showed those employees wearing masks — in fairness, his team didn’t try to hide this — but he and the executives did not wear them, as the video also shows.

It appears this may have been in violation of company policy. CNN’s Jim Acosta tweeted that a sign in the facility said face masks were required.

So what happened here? A Honeywell spokesperson sent me the following statement:

Following White House recommended protocol, a small number of individuals directly interfacing with the President on Tuesday were tested for COVID-19 immediately prior to the event, received negative test results, and were permitted to not wear masks during portions of the visit based on that medical screening. All others present were wearing masks and social distancing in accordance with Honeywell’s site policy.

That strongly suggests the White House initiated this outcome: Honeywell executives, following the White House’s lead, got tested and cleared before interacting with Trump, which they did without masks. Trump aides traveling with him also didn’t wear masks.

Many of the others (such as those in the audience) wore masks, in accordance with Honeywell policy.

That means Honeywell executives might have violated their own company policy, in keeping with what Trump and the White House wanted, obviously for staging purposes.

Making this worse, the White House is offering a version of events that doesn’t exactly sync with Honeywell’s version. A White House official told CNN and CNBC that Honeywell told the White House that Trump and his entourage didn’t need to wear masks.

And on Wednesday afternoon, Trump told reporters the same thing.

“I asked specifically the head of Honeywell, ‘Should I wear a mask?’ and he said, ‘Well, you don’t need one in this territory,’” Trump said.

When I asked the Honeywell spokesperson for further clarification, he referred me back to the company’s statement — which, again, suggests that masks are required and that the White House initiated what happened.

And let’s face facts here: It’s obvious that if Trump wants to hold an event without masks, as he clearly does, his corporate hosts will feel pressure to go along with it (as Honeywell’s statement suggests happened).

The reason this matters: Trump is almost certainly not wearing a mask at such events to send a message to the country that we’re approaching normalcy. That’s likely why Trump and Vice President Pence have been lately holding other events without masks and proper social distancing.

Another reason this matters: As David Nakamura reports, Trump and Pence are able to do this because they have special access to a rapid testing mechanism. Indeed, the White House has defended these mask-free events on precisely that basis.

It’s not surprising that Trump and his entourage have such special testing access, given that he’s president. But this still raises the question of whether Trump is exploiting this access to mislead the country into believing things are normal when the rest of the country lacks this access to testing and thus doesn’t enjoy the safety or quasi-normalcy Trump does.

“Particularly to his supporters, the behavioral choices he makes carry far more weight than virtually anything else,” Jeremy Konyndyk, a senior fellow at the Center for Global Development, told me. Konyndyk added that even if Trump and those around him benefit from special testing, “what’s seen” by Americans is, “don’t wear a mask.”

All this raises another question. Given that Trump will almost certainly now start traveling more — again, using this special testing access to facilitate it — where does that leave Biden, who’s stuck broadcasting from his basement?

“The big question now is should the Biden campaign be given access to these same tests, which would allow him to also begin to travel, meet with staff and stay competitive with the GOP ticket?” Democratic strategist Simon Rosenberg told me.

“None of these trips Trump and Pence have done were essential to their jobs or in defeating the virus,” Rosenberg added. “They were very elaborate campaign photo ops.”

On top of all that, one can imagine that at other staging grounds for Trump’s future events, company executives will feel pressure to do events without masks. That is, they’ll feel pressure to help Trump send this message of normalcy, too.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 07 May 2020, 19:45

For the good of the world he really needs to get the virus and die.

Flower

Postby Flower » 07 May 2020, 20:53

Lord Rother wrote:For the good of the world he really needs to get the virus and die.

Agreed!
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 15 May 2020, 10:44

How wrong they were.

Trump didn’t win the election.
The Emoluments Clause will stop Trump from being inaugurated.
The economy will descend into a depression after he was inaugurated.
There is a pee tape.
Trump is a Russian spy, an asset, Putin’s puppet.
Michael Cohen met with the Russians in Prague.
(Mohammed Atta met with the Iraqis in Prague.)
Trump sold out the U.S. to build a hotel in Moscow.
Trump wants to buy Greenland to build a hotel.
Trump left the Saudis off the No Fly Muslim list because he had a hotel there.
Trump will start a war with Iran over moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
Trump will start a war with Iran over the nuclear treaty.
Trump will start a war with Iran to distract from COVID.
The Kurds will all die in a genocide.
We have to take out Assad (and earlier, Saddam, and Qaddafi,) or there will be a genocide.
Trump’s trade war with China will bankrupt us.
Trump will start a nuclear war with North Korea.
Trump’s peace overtures with North Korea are dangerous.
Kim Jong Un is dead.
Trump will invade Venezuela.
Trump will withdraw from NATO.
(Iraq has weapons of mass destruction.)
James Comey will change everything.
Robert Mueller will change everything.
SDNY will change everything.
Michael Avenatti will run for president.
Papadopoulos, Manafort, Flynn, Cohen, will flip and bring down Trump.
Beto, Cory Booker, Mayor Pete, Kamala, AOC, Stacey Abrams are the new Obama.
Diversity is the key to Democratic victory in 2020.
The rule of law ended in America.
Democracy died in America.
It’s Weimar.
It’s the fall of Rome.
Impeachment will end Trump’s time in office.
The 25th Amendment will end Trump’s time in office.
The Whistleblower will end Trump’s time in office.
Marie Yovanovitch will end Trump’s time in office with her testimony.
John Bolton will end Trump’s time in office with his book.
Ronan Farrow will end trump’s time in office with his book.
The Parkland Kids will change everything.
The Covington Kids are racists.
Two million Americans will die of corona.
Blocking visitors from China is racist and ineffectual.
There are not enough ventilators.
There is not enough PPE.
There are not enough ICU beds.
The Chinese supply chain will stop and no more iPhones.
Trump is going to defund the Post Office to block mail-in ballots so he can steal the election.
Trump is going to fire Mueller, Barr, Rosenstein, Mattis, Jared, Ivanka, Pence, Bolton, Fauci.
Trump avoids the press and hasn’t held a briefing in a year, bring him out.
Networks should not air Trump’s open mic night briefings.
People will die if my neighbor doesn’t wear a paper mask but lukewarm delivery food is safe.
People in NYC will die if Starbucks opens but it’s OK for the subway to run.
The stock market’s historic rise doesn’t matter for Trump’s reelection because most Americans don’t own stock.
The stock market’s historic decline will destroy Trump’s reelection chances.
If we end the lockdown too soon everyone is going to die.

Thank goodness for my hard-writing/deep researching "sources."

The above is from an essay about how the left is defending Biden re his supposed Tara Rede rape/harassment charge vs how the left castigated Cavanaugh supposed similar misdeeds. https://wemeantwell.com/blog/
Question authority.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 15 May 2020, 21:17

Ooh, can I play too?

Democrats and republicans are essentially the same
But her e-mails!
Thank God Trump is in charge! Imagine the disaster if Killary was!
You're a neo-liberal
But her e-mails!
Obama made $5 billion dollars for one speaking engagement
You're just demonizing Putin because Russia!
But her e-mails!
Free health care for all right now because we demand it! Trump's gonna help us get it!
Bernie was robbed!
But her e-mails!
Drain the swamp
If 2% of the population dies, they're just old people anyway.
But her e-mails!
Good people on both sides
Killary
But her e-mails!
Shillary
But her e-mails!
But her e-mails!
But her e-mails!

Repeat as needed.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 15 May 2020, 21:23

Oh, I forgot:

Bill Clinton was a rapist too. Which is Hillary's fault because she murdered anyone who filed a complaint.

and one more:

But her e-mails!

For good measure.
Footy wrote:
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 16 May 2020, 02:03

Two swings and two misses.

By miss I mean you again miss my point, which, to be fair, is not because you are dumb. My larger point is how fearful people get (myself included) by reading or seeing our usual sources when they make predictions. By laying out all these prediction flops i.e., how the Kurds will be massacred because Trump I learned by all those examples how not to trust predictions and to just trust news of what has actually happened.
Question authority.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 16 May 2020, 23:52

So let's just say for the sake of argument that I agree with your basic premise (which doesn't take a lot of imagination because I do, to a point).

Prediction flops based on what? Were they predictions that were universal to all news sources, worded in exactly this manner? No, they were not.

Are they all definitively proven untrue now? Not even close.

How about put some of those in less hysterical terms as, by and large, the media is actually doing?

Two million Americans will die of corona.
There is the potential that two million Americans could have died were no precautions taken (which of course they were - we still don't know the numbers, but they keep rising).

Blocking visitors from China is racist and ineffectual.
Indiscriminately blocking visitors from China based on limited data is certainly racist, was not handled in an effectual manner - anyone remember those shots of airports overcrowded with Americans returning from abroad? - and in an atmosphere of bad or limited communication, at best shows bad leadership.

There are not enough ventilators.
There are not enough ventilators to go around if there is a large wave of cases at once, which is why precautions are necessary. (I believe this one has been proven true, personally. At least I'm happy we prepared for worst-case scenario rather than best. Thank your governors for that, not the Orange Menace.)

There is not enough PPE.
Ditto.

There are not enough ICU beds.
I'm sensing a pattern here.

The Chinese supply chain will stop and no more iPhones.
Good lord, who said this? No one said this! "Stop" and "no more?" Hysterical language paraphrased to be more hysterical.

Trump is going to defund the Post Office to block mail-in ballots so he can steal the election.
He's certainly doing his best. Why was Betsy DeVos put in charge of education, about which she knows nothing? Same damn reason Trump made the Postal Service appointment he made.

Trump is going to fire Mueller, Barr, Rosenstein, Mattis, Jared, Ivanka, Pence, Bolton, Fauci.
He's certainly fired plenty of people, or they've bailed as soon as they recognized how anxious he was to throw them under the bus. He's not authorized to fire Fauci, and he knows that.

Trump avoids the press and hasn’t held a briefing in a year, bring him out.
Networks should not air Trump’s open mic night briefings.

Both opinions aired in opinion sections. Business as usual, as it's been for the entire lifetime of our nation. Suck it up, snowflake.

People will die if my neighbor doesn’t wear a paper mask but lukewarm delivery food is safe.
Again, hysterical language paraphrased to appear hysterical. Masks help but are not cure-alls. Nobody ever said they were. "Lukewarm" is an utterly meaningless word in this context. What kind of food? Delivered how? Prepared how? Number of unmasked people who've contracted the Coronavirus- many. Number for people who've contracted it from food- none that I'm aware of.

People in NYC will die if Starbucks opens but it’s OK for the subway to run.
Again, nice paraphrasing. Starbucks drive-throughs have been open the whole time, at least here. Nobody said it was "OK" for the subway to run. One's an essential service, one isn't. Precautions have been taken in both cases.

The stock market’s historic rise doesn’t matter for Trump’s reelection because most Americans don’t own stock.
Not a universally held opinion, and vague enough to be unproveable in any case.

The stock market’s historic decline will destroy Trump’s reelection chances.
Ditto.

If we end the lockdown too soon everyone is going to die.
Again, nobody said this - at least not in these terms. Several states are ending the lockdown too soon imo. Let's see what effect that has on the numbers.

Let's look at some Trump predictions, shall we? Let's start with “It’s going to disappear. One day it’s like a miracle—it will disappear.” How about “when we get into April, in the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that type of a virus.” Or the Trump White House claiming it “inherited” a “broken,” “bad,” and “obsolete” test for the coronavirus. Umm..this is a new virus, genius. You didn't 'inherit' anything other than your daddy's complete lack of regard for other people. How about “Anybody that needs a test, gets a test. We—they’re there. They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful” and “If somebody wants to be tested right now, they’ll be able to be tested.” A claim first made in March. Two months later, we're finally (sort of) approaching a decent level of testing.

Need I go on?
Footy wrote:

Flower

Postby Flower » 19 May 2020, 13:55

Donald Trump says he’s taking hydroxychloroquine to protect against COVID-19

There is no evidence the drug prevents getting sick from the novel coronavirus

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/18/2126 ... s-covid-19

President Donald Trump said he’s taking antimalarial medication hydroxychloroquine and zinc because he believes the drugs could prevent COVID-19.

“Here’s my evidence. I get a lot of positive calls about it,” he said today in a White House roundtable with restaurant executives. Trump said he’s been taking the drugs every day for a week and a half and that he has not had any COVID-19 symptoms. People close to the president, including one of Trump’s valets and Vice President Mike Pence’s press secretary, recently tested positive for the virus.

There is still no evidence that taking hydroxychloroquine can prevent someone from contracting or getting sick from the coronavirus. It’s a possibility — a number of research groups are running clinical trials to see if the drug could protect health care workers who are regularly exposed to the virus from getting sick — but no data from those studies is available yet.

Trump said he’s following the lead of frontline workers. “You look at doctors and nurses, a lot of them are taking it as a preventative,” he said. While there are clinical trials looking specifically at using the drug as a preventive for health care workers, it is still not clear how many health care workers are taking the drug. Side effects of hydroxychloroquine include damage to part of the eye, life-threatening heart effects, and muscular weakness.

Trump spent weeks promoting hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for COVID-19. His administration reportedly pushed the Food and Drug Administration and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority to authorize the use of the drug for COVID-19 outside of the hospital, based on meager evidence. While early data showed that hydroxychloroquine may help some patients, additional studies found that it wasn’t effective and could have dangerous side effects, especially in people with severe symptoms. Trump stopped touting the drug after that data was publicized. In April, the FDA warned against the use of the drug for COVID-19 outside the hospital or a clinical trial.

While Trump says that he is taking hydroxychloroquine and zinc, that can’t be independently verified. All the public has is his word, and neither he nor his White House have been reliable sources of information during this pandemic. Among other things, Trump has spent the pandemic publicly recommending treatment strategies for COVID-19 based on limited evidence. In late April, he appeared to suggest that Lysol injections could cure the disease. No therapies have been proven to effectively treat or prevent COVID-19.

At time of publication, more than 90,000 people in the United States have died of the disease.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 19 May 2020, 14:15

Sam Stone wrote:From the Gruaniad. Getting to the point when you couldn't make this sort of stuff up.

That was nearly a fortnight ago!

Every day brings new unbelievable surprises.

`

Postby ` » 19 May 2020, 14:28

The Prof wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:From the Gruaniad. Getting to the point when you couldn't make this sort of stuff up.

That was nearly a fortnight ago!

Every day brings new unbelievable surprises.

Jesus, it’s come to a pretty pass when even Piers Morgan is talking sense

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 19 May 2020, 16:07

The President's physician doesn't actually say that he has prescribed the drug for the President, or that he is taking it.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000172 ... bd08290000
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Six String

Postby Six String » 19 May 2020, 18:20

Dr. Baron wrote:The President's physician doesn't actually say that he has prescribed the drug for the President, or that he is taking it.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000172 ... bd08290000

Part of me is very skeptical that he is actually taking the drug. Either way it is very troubling.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 19 May 2020, 21:07

What he actually wants is all his supporters to take the drug and die. That's how he will get re-elec.......oh.....(he hasn't thought it through)

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 19 May 2020, 21:44

Dr. Baron wrote:The President's physician doesn't actually say that he has prescribed the drug for the President, or that he is taking it.

But what the heck - lets buy a few truck load fulls for the UK!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... 1589915983

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 20 May 2020, 03:07

Great column by WaPo's Dana Milbank (I'd copy and paste, but there are too many hotlinks):

If Trump likes hydroxychloroquine, he’ll love camel urine

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 May 2020, 03:32

This sounds about right.

Trump is not a populist champion of the little guy, nor a closet Nazi working to establish a white ethnostate, nor a Kremlin asset, but is in fact nothing other [than] a miserable rich man from a miserable rich family who did what it takes to get elected to the presidency of a racist, corrupt, bloodthirsty empire and remain there for a full term. Everything else is narrative which is wholly divorced from reality.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/schr ... 45aa0b8dcc
Question authority.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 30 May 2020, 09:56

I don't believe in an Anti-Christ myself, but if I did? Chilling to say the least.

And, I'm quick to add, written by a devout Christian.

https://www.benjaminlcorey.com/could-am ... cVrnyaEydA
Footy wrote:

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 05 Jun 2020, 20:49

39 key statements from today’s speech..... (lifted from CNN).

1. "We were very strong. We had the greatest economy in the history of our country, we had the greatest economy in the history of the world."

This is not true. No matter how many times he says it. And away we go!

2. "And therapeutics, likewise, we're doing extremely well. Cures, we're doing well. I think those two words really blend in with each other."

Wait, so Trump thinks the words "cures" and "therapeutics" go well together? That's what he's saying here? Like "cure-apeutics?" Or maybe "thera-cures?"

3. "And it's also -- the nice part is, we have four companies -- I guess you could even say seven or eight companies -- that are doing, some similar and some very different, on the vaccine front, and some similar and some somewhat different on the therapeutic front."

Diagram this sentence. I dare you.

4. "I hope that the lockdown governors -- I don't know why they continue to lock down."

Well, mostly because most states haven't met the Trump administration's key deadline for reopening: A two-week continuous decline in cases. So, yeah.

5. "And I hope they also use our National Guard. Call me, we'll be ready for them so fast their heads will spin."

In which the President of the United State practically begs governors to allow him to send National Guard troops to respond to what have been, especially of late, peaceful protests in the wake of George Floyd's death.

6. "What we're announcing today is a tremendous tribute to equality."

What he is announcing is the fact that the economy added more than 2 million jobs over the last month. The unemployment rate for black workers was 16.8% in May, generally stable with where it was in April. White workers' unemployment dropped to 12.4% this month.

7. "We had the most people working in the history of our country, almost 160 million people. We were never even close to that."

This is true! But it's also misleading. We had more people working in America than ever before because we have more people in America than ever before.

8. "I think even before today, our polls were -- the polls that I've seen and the polls that we do were looking very good."

[narrator voice] The polls are not looking very good.

9. "I'm a big environmentalist."

"The Trump Administration Is Reversing 100 Environmental Rules. Here's the Full List." -- The New York Times

10. "We have the cleanest air, the cleanest water we've ever had."

Nope!

11. "Our body was so powerful that we could actually close our country, save millions of lives, stop people very early on from China from coming in -- because we stopped early, at the end of January, very early, people coming from China who were infected coming into our country."

Reminder: We have almost 1.9 million confirmed cases of coronavirus in the United States. More than 108,000 people have died from the virus.

12. "We'll have the greatest -- we'll go back to having the greatest economy anywhere in the world; nothing close."

You can't go back to something that didn't exist.

13. "But it's a gift from China, and a very bad gift, I will tell you that."

Donald Trump on coronavirus: "A very bad gift." On a related note: When I was 12, I bought my dad an Atari 2600 for Father's Day. Meaning, I spent my parents' money to buy a gift for myself on a day meant to celebrate my dad. That, I would say, is a "very bad gift."

14. "They knew it was a problem. But they didn't stop it cold from coming to the United States, Europe and the rest of the world. Somebody has to ask these questions, and we'll get down to the answer."

Just the President suggesting, without providing any evidence to back it up, that China somehow purposely allowed the virus to spread around the world while limiting its spread in their country. No big deal! Normal stuff!

15. "But the ink wasn't dry on that deal when the -- when the plague floated in. What's going on? A plague is floating in from China. What's going on?"

"Who am I? Why am I here?" -- Admiral James Stockdale

16. "V is wonderful. A V is this, that we're talking about, will it be a V, a U, an L, they had no idea."

He is talking about a "V"-shaped economic recovery in which there is a very severe dip and then a very rapid recovery.

17. "I think it was probably the greatest miscalculation in the history of business shows -- history of business shows, talking about Wall Street. And that's OK."

Even the inaccurate predictions of job losses in May have to be "the greatest miscalculation" in history. Many people are saying it. Believe me.

18. "You're getting closer together. Even you, I noticed you're starting to get much closer together. It looks much better, I must say. You're not all the way there yet, but you'll be there soon."

Trump is referring here to the press corps sitting closer to one another. The reason for this? The White House staff put the chairs closer.

19. "This isn't a terrible recession. I don't even mention the 'D' word. I don't talk about the 'D' word. I don't want to talk about it because every time somebody even mentions it -- I don't like the 'D' word."

Offered without comment.

20. "It'll all work out. It'll all work out."

[nods head slowly]

21. "Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying, 'There's a great thing that's happening for our country.' This is a great day for him, it's a great day for everybody. This is a great day for everybody."

Just to be crystal clear at what Trump is saying here: George Floyd, who died at the hands of Minneapolis police officers late last month, is looking down from heaven, seeing the jobs numbers, and saying, "There's a great thing that's happening for our country." Yes. It's beyond belief.

22. "And this time, the greatest comeback in American history -- today is probably, if you think of it, the greatest comeback in American history. "

Absolutely everything has to be the biggest and greatest. Everything.

23. "I was watching our great vice president today being interviewed on CNBC -- he did a phenomenal job -- and he made a statement."

Remember: Donald Trump watches a lot of TV. Like, a lot.

24. "I've had 144 all-time high stock markets during a 3.5-year period."

"I've."

25. "I have a good -- I've always done well with numbers. But I had a feel for it."

Uh...

26. "It's very tough, very contagious, very mean to certain people."

The President of the United States on a virus that has killed more than 108,000 Americans: "Very mean to certain people."

27. "They were saying, 'Oh, you should use admirals.' I said, 'I did.' 'You should use generals.' I said, 'I did. I used them both.'"

Who is this mysterious "they?"

28. "It's complex -- very complex machinery, computerized all over the place, and very expensive."

Ventilators, man. Those things are "computerized all over the place."

29. "The cupboards were empty. The previous administration left us empty cupboards."

Nah, man.

30. "We may have some embers or some ashes, or we may have some flames coming, but we'll put them out. We'll stomp them out."

He's talking about putting out future Covid-19 spikes. And, yes, this is the most tortured metaphor ever.

31. "People are -- people are driving. I may have to buy one of those things; drive around town. Maybe I'll drive back to New York with our first lady in a trailer."

No words.

32. "I think I'm going to buy an RV and travel from now on in an RV with our first lady. I don't think anybody would mind that."

[narrator voice] They wouldn't.

33. "So I say, 'Thank goodness I'm in perfect shape. Thank goodness.'"

According to the results of a physical exam released by the White House this week, Trump is 6'3" tall and weighs 244 pounds. That gives him a Body Mass Index of 30.5, meeting the definition of clinically obese.

34. "I said it a long time ago based on knowledge -- based on knowledge. I'm -- I'm meeting with these geniuses -- based on knowledge."

"Based on knowledge." (He's talking about a vaccine timeline. I think.)

35. "I said a long time ago -- I said 'by the end of the year.' I think it's going to be a lot sooner than that."

The most optimistic predictions for the development and distribution of a coronavirus vaccine are late 2020 or early 2021.

36. "We did all of these numbers and all of this greatness -- we have the greatest economy we've ever had."

So many numbers. So much greatness.

37. "Nobody has done more in three and a half years than this administration has done. Nobody has come close to doing the things we've done."

This is basically an uncheckable claim. But Trump says it a lot so it must be true!

38. "We have sadists, we have thieves, we have a lot of bad people."

Wait, we had sadists at the VA? Man!

39. "You are something."

The President of the United States to Yamiche Alcindor, a reporter for PBS NewsHour and a black woman, who was asking him for specifics on a plan to address the violence against African Americans by the police.

Yeah, this feel like a good place to end.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 05 Jun 2020, 23:45

Don't know about you, but I'm tired of "winning".

Return to “Nextdoorland”