Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 05 Apr 2019, 18:56

Jimbo wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:Jimbo, are you trying to tell me you think Julian Assange is a journalist?

Publisher.

:lol:

I guess I can't argue with that!
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 06 Apr 2019, 02:01

Snarfyguy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:Jimbo, are you trying to tell me you think Julian Assange is a journalist?

Publisher.

:lol:

I guess I can't argue with that!

You couldn't argue with an avocado pit.

Why Your Hatred Of Assange Is Completely Irrelevant

It does not matter how your feelings feel. Your feelings are irrelevant to this conversation. Only facts matter here. And the facts say that everyone, regardless of how they feel about Assange, must defend him against the US government’s attempts to prosecute him for publishing inconvenient truths. Not because it’s the right thing to do, not because anyone expects you to behave in a moral way, but out of sheer, garden variety self-interest. We all need the ability to hold power to account, and the prosecution of Assange will necessarily cripple our ability to do that. This is a fact. Regardless of how your feelings feel.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/why- ... fb9f603c9a
Question authority.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 Apr 2019, 02:33

She's an idiot, and he didn't do jack shit for moral reasons.

She's also arguing against a straw man, as usual. There's either prosecutable offenses or there aren't. Mine or yours or anyone else's "feelings" have nothing to do with any of it.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 06 Apr 2019, 02:51

Jimbo wrote:You couldn't argue with an avocado pit.

I argue with YOU.

Anyway, I don't have any "feelings" about Assange.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 06 Apr 2019, 03:17

Can you believe Donald Fucking Trump is President?! THAT guy?!

What the ever lovin' fuck??

(sorry, every once in a while I just have to get that out)
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 06 Apr 2019, 04:04

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 06 Apr 2019, 04:27

Count Machuki wrote:Can you believe Donald Fucking Trump is President?! THAT guy?!

What the ever lovin' fuck??

(sorry, every once in a while I just have to get that out)

And on that we can agree. Trump is astonishingly stupid and abysmally inept and yet, somehow, he is the President. When I see him I shake my head and roll my eyes and mutter obscenities. How anyone who is around him, his staff, other politicians, bodyguards, diplomats, his wife, how they keep straight faces is a wonder.

I like the theory that he didn't expect to win and that is why he carried on with the Moscow Trump Tower deal well into his campaign. He expected to garner and use whatever fame he could just for running and then get back to work. But had no idea he would win.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 06 Apr 2019, 09:34

From review of this book:
Five intelligence assets were thus hounding Papadopoulos at every turn while a sixth was compiling the dossier that would send Russia-gate into overdrive. It added up to the greatest propaganda campaign since the furor over Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, and, like those nonexistent WMDs, turns out to have been manufactured out of thin air.
https://consortiumnews.com/2019/04/04/t ... te-target/

The Deep State is real friends. You may think there's justice and rule of law, even some common sense. There ain't.
Question authority.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 Apr 2019, 18:54

...And who better to believe on such matters than a convicted felon and an American expatriate with a tin foil hat! :lol:
Footy wrote:
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 Apr 2019, 19:03

The first sentence of the review - "Now that Russian collusion is dead and buried thanks to Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller, the big question is how and why such charges arose."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, dead and buried. Let's never speak of it again. Completely vindicated. :roll:
Footy wrote:

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 09 Apr 2019, 15:43

Bill Barr on Capitol Hill trying his damnedest not to have to answer any Mueller Report questions.
He's coming across as kind of a dick, too. Especially when being questioned by anybody who's not a white guy.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 Apr 2019, 23:52

Q: Were either the White House or Trump himself briefed on the findings in the Report?

A: The redacted report will be released soon.

:roll:

You know there's some shit in there that implicates members of Trump's inner circle, if not the boss himself. But how do we get it? Can the House Judiciary Committee get Mueller on the stand to spill the beans?

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 10 Apr 2019, 14:47

This is really worth a cringe/watch, especially if you have a particularly strong dislike of Steve Mnuchin like I do.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/201 ... ot-vpx.cnn

Mnuchin and Waters argue over time during hearing
Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin and Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) argued over a scheduling conflict during a House Committee on Financial Services hearing.

Mnuchin: "I have to go. Why you gotta be so mean?"
Waters: "Sit the fuck down."

Six String

Postby Six String » 10 Apr 2019, 18:28

Eggcellent. He's such a pompous dickhead. Since he has proven to be dishonest I have to believe that he purposely scheduled that 5:30 appt. to allow him an excuse for ducking out of questioning if it got too hot. Way to go Maxine!
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 10 Apr 2019, 19:55

The Counter-Investigations Into the Mueller Report Are About to Begin

Everything I've read about Mueller paints him as a by-the-book guy so I feel pretty confident that any investigation's going to be a non-starter.

On a lighter note, yours truly is now personally benefiting from the Investigation, as the firm has taken on a client who's implicated in a criminal matter involving loans to a guy whose name rhymes with "Fanamort." We almost never do criminal law and I get to work on the case; should be interesting.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 10 Apr 2019, 21:19

Splendid!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 11 Apr 2019, 02:38

NOW I know who Barr reminds me of!

mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 11 Apr 2019, 11:08

Snarfyguy wrote:On a lighter note, yours truly is now personally benefiting from the Investigation, as the firm has taken on a client who's implicated in a criminal matter involving loans to a guy whose name rhymes with "Fanamort." We almost never do criminal law and I get to work on the case; should be interesting.

Don't take the same route home every day!
king of the divan

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 17 Apr 2019, 15:18

Well, tomorrow's the day we get...something.

On Friday the thirteenth October 1989... news leaked of a legal memo authored by William Barr. He was then serving as head of the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel (OLC). It is highly uncommon for any OLC memo to make headlines. This one did because it was issued in “unusual secrecy” and concluded that the FBI could forcibly abduct people in other countries without the consent of the foreign state. The headline also noted the implication of the legal opinion at that moment in time. It appeared to pave the way for abducting Panama’s leader, Gen. Manuel Noriega.

Members of Congress asked to see the full legal opinion. Barr refused, but said he would provide an account that “summarizes the principal conclusions.” Sound familiar?

Of course, when the opinion finally emerged, Barr's "summary" was revealed to be riddled with omissions and deliberately misleading.

https://www.justsecurity.org/63635/barr ... o-in-1989/

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 17 Apr 2019, 16:50

Snarfyguy wrote:Well, tomorrow's the day we get...something.

Bamboozled? Again?

Here's a good read...tough to disagree with much in this one.

Trump & Co. Are Crossing Big, Bright Red Lines—and They’re Getting Away With It

This is how democracies die. The rule of law is slowly strangled. The unthinkable becomes commonplace. The illegal becomes accepted—from violations of the emoluments clause to self-dealing to federal election law crimes to serial sexual abuse.

What once was black and white blurs into gray. Right and wrong, old principles, enduring values, fade from memory. Authoritarians arrive in our midst not in tanks but in bad suits and worse haircuts.

Return to “Nextdoorland”