Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sneelock

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 16 Feb 2018, 19:44

Or a Russian Keebler Elf at the very least.
uggy poopy doody.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 16 Feb 2018, 20:36

Sorry, can't resist!

On a serious note, the White House has issued a statement acknowledging today's events, which appear to basically invalidate the Administration's stated reason for failing to sign the Russia Sanctions bill into law. I remain cynical about the motive for Trump's reluctance to do this, even though it's clearly warranted and virtually everyone in Congress voted for it.

Another thought: Trump is now in the unenviable position of having publicly stated that he believed Putin when Putin denied Russian involvement in undermining U.S. democracy. Over all his own experts, he was credulous enough to believed Putin.

Just, wow.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 16 Feb 2018, 23:37

Fine bunch of lefties you turned out to be. :roll:
Question authority.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 16 Feb 2018, 23:47

Jiggers, it’s the Lefty Police!!! :shock:
uggy poopy doody.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 17 Feb 2018, 01:01

Aw cripes first my punk rock cred goes flying away because I posted something complimentary about Rush, and now this. I'm unbelievable.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 17 Feb 2018, 02:30

Hearing Hillary's former advisor Philippe Reines liken the Russian interference in our elections with Pearl Harbor gave me a good laugh earlier this evening.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 17 Feb 2018, 04:15

bobzilla77 wrote:I posted something complimentary about Rush.

Burn him!
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Feb 2018, 05:24

Sneelock wrote:sometimes Jimbo gets me all worked up and I start typing up a small cloud of moisture and then I stop in my tracks.
I think about all the "false flags" and stuff he posts and then I smoke some crack and relax. ;)

All part and parcel, my friend. Part and parcel.

Cuddle up with some more Russia bullshit while the US and its owners are set to take over the planet, or at least all the parts with valuable shit in the ground.

It's Totally Normal That Joe Biden's Son Works for a Ukrainian Energy Company

Isn't that a bit fishy? Why do you say that?

Because he's the vice-president's son! That's a coincidence. "This is totally based on merit," said Burisma's chairman, Alan Apter.

He doesn't sound very Ukrainian. He's American, as is the other new board member, Devon Archer.

Who? Devon Archer, who works with Hunter Biden at Rosemont Seneca partners, which is half owned by Rosemont Capital, a private equity firm founded by Archer and Christopher Heinz.

Who? Christopher Heinz … John Kerry's stepson.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... ny/372385/

It's a big club and we ain't in it.
Question authority.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 17 Feb 2018, 05:32

^^^ Where's the part where you admit you were wrong the whole time?

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 17 Feb 2018, 14:37

Jimbo wrote:You don't think that there is any illegality going on our government? Paraphrasing Nixon, because the government does it it's legal? When a killer cop goes free because a judge or panel excuses him that is legal? They've co-opted the legal system. They've done what Russia supposedly had done, they've stolen our democracy. They've done with the election law and financial law what Wall Street did with home loans. They chopped the laws up into cole slaw and and made an ineffectual worthless mush of something that used to be valuable.*

*Except in Austin Texas, I hear.

Your hodgepodge of grievances, some of which are legitimate and point to real problems,* do not add up to a "stolen democracy." If anything ails us, it is a lack of participation in democracy that has allowed nefarious forces to have their way.

* (even in my pedantic wonderland of details and technicalities)
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 17 Feb 2018, 14:50

Snarfyguy wrote:^^^ Where's the part where you admit you were wrong the whole time?

*drums fingers on desk impatiently*
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Feb 2018, 16:03

Count Machuki wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:^^^ Where's the part where you admit you were wrong the whole time?

What, you think I've been wrong because of this horseshit? The 13 arrested Russians who attempted to sow discord in the American political system? :lol:

Was it you, Snarf who gloated that even now Trump's team was accusing the Russians of whatever bullshit they think may have transpired on some mythic troll farm. Note how Trump's team never mentioned any connection of Trump to Russia - not to mention Mannafort, Flynn and Papapoopolus. Note how those crafty Russians staged? instigated? anti-Trump rallies and pro-Trump rallies. I thought Vlad liked Trump. This is bullshit, dangerous bullshit which is getting us closer and closer to war. Where are the calls for detante, for hashing this out, for saving all our lives. Don't fall for this shit.

PS How many lawyers are cashing in, hoping this witch hunt never ends? What do you think all the political donations from lawyers are about?
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Feb 2018, 16:12

Jimbo wrote:

It's Totally Normal That Joe Biden's Son Works for a Ukrainian Energy Company

Isn't that a bit fishy? Why do you say that?

Because he's the vice-president's son! That's a coincidence. "This is totally based on merit," said Burisma's chairman, Alan Apter.

He doesn't sound very Ukrainian. He's American, as is the other new board member, Devon Archer.

Who? Devon Archer, who works with Hunter Biden at Rosemont Seneca partners, which is half owned by Rosemont Capital, a private equity firm founded by Archer and Christopher Heinz.

Who? Christopher Heinz … John Kerry's stepson.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... ny/372385/

It's a big club and we ain't in it.

Ok...now pretend that the names in this article are “Trump” and “Kushner.”

You’d be dismissing the exact same article as weak-tea.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 17 Feb 2018, 16:29

Jimbo wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:

What, you think I've been wrong because of this horseshit? The 13 arrested Russians who attempted to sow discord in the American political system? :lol:

Was it you, Snarf who gloated that even now Trump's team was accusing the Russians of whatever bullshit they think may have transpired on some mythic troll farm. Note how Trump's team never mentioned any connection of Trump to Russia - not to mention Mannafort, Flynn and Papapoopolus. Note how those crafty Russians staged? instigated? anti-Trump rallies and pro-Trump rallies. I thought Vlad liked Trump. This is bullshit, dangerous bullshit which is getting us closer and closer to war. Where are the calls for detante, for hashing this out, for saving all our lives. Don't fall for this shit.

PS How many lawyers are cashing in, hoping this witch hunt never ends? What do you think all the political donations from lawyers are about

?

:lol:

Do you honestly not understand what’s going on or are you just pretending to miss the point?

Here’s the indictment(s) it anyone cares to actually read it/them:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1035477/download

What would make you (“Jimbo”)believe that it is possible that one of Russia’s strategies, in view of their fairly weak position, has been to exploit natural weaknesses in western democracies and attempt to inject a bit of chaos and doubt in their vital institutions?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 17 Feb 2018, 16:44

But, you can’t prove it & even if you could-what’s the big deal?
Will this be the 5 minute argument or the one that lasts until the end of time?
uggy poopy doody.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Feb 2018, 16:50

Very Stable Baron wrote: to inject a bit

Assuming as I have read that almost all nations run ops on one another, even if … If the race between HRC and Trump all on its own wasn't the maddest American political event ever then what effect might a "bit" of meddling have done beyond all our own words, video, speeches, debates, FB, Twitter, our own fake news channels, etc. Hillary's emails and Wall Street speeches, DJT's pussy grabbing and fake college scam, DNC Wikileaks and on and on. You can't really believe some 13 Russians had any effect on the election or on our political debate going forward, if in fact they did do what they are accused of. Rosenstein did say there would be jury trials. (Try to find an unbiased jury in this environment.) But talk about moving the goalposts. Muellers task was to find a Trump-Russia connection. This ain't it. I mean, if black activists needed Russia to goad Black Lives Matter when everyday there were actual cops killing actual black people and the cops were getting away with it. C'mon. We have got to put this Russian meddling bullshit into perspective.
Question authority.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 17 Feb 2018, 16:56

Jimbo wrote:
Very Stable Baron wrote: to inject a bit

Assuming as I have read that almost all nations run ops on one another, even if … If the race between HRC and Trump all on its own wasn't the maddest American political event ever then what effect might a "bit" of meddling have done beyond all our own words, video, speeches, debates, FB, Twitter, our own fake news channels, etc. Hillary's emails and Wall Street speeches, DJT's pussy grabbing and fake college scam, DNC Wikileaks and on and on. You can't really believe some 13 Russians had any effect on the election or on our political debate going forward, if in fact they did do what they are accused of. Rosenstein did say there would be jury trials. (Try to find an unbiased jury in this environment.) But talk about moving the goalposts. Muellers task was to find a Trump-Russia connection. This ain't it. I mean, if black activists needed Russia to goad Black Lives Matter when everyday there were actual cops killing actual black people and the cops were getting away with it. C'mon. We have got to put this Russian meddling bullshit into perspective.

You have it all exactly backwards.

1. Mueller’s task WAS NOT to find a Trump Russia Connection.
2. The question is not whether they had an effect on the election (also not Mueller’s task) but to find out if they tried and what they tried so that we can determine if any laws were broken and so we can fix any vulnerabilities that have been exploited.

I have come into work on a Saturday to work, so I’m going to have to stop responding here for a little while. See you soon.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Feb 2018, 17:35

Very Stable Baron wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:

PS How many lawyers are cashing in, hoping this witch hunt never ends? What do you think all the political donations from lawyers are about

?

:lol:

Do you honestly not understand what’s going on or are you just pretending to miss the point?

Here’s the indictment(s) it anyone cares to actually read it/them:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1035477/download

What would make you (“Jimbo”)believe that it is possible that one of Russia’s strategies, in view of their fairly weak position, has been to exploit natural weaknesses in western democracies and attempt to inject a bit of chaos and doubt in their vital institutions?

Careful Baron.

You are bringing us closer to war!

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Feb 2018, 17:52

Bear in mind

The third thing to say about the indictment – and a point which has been almost universally overlooked in all the feverish commentary about it – is that it makes no claim that the Russian government was in any way involved in any of the activities of the persons indicted.

Nowhere in the indictment is the Russian government or any official of the Russian government or any agency of the Russian government mentioned at all. Nor at any point in the indictment is it suggested that any of the persons indicted were employed by the Russian government or were acting under its instructions or on its behalf.

I tried to read the indictment but failed but I did watch the entire Rosenstein press conference. The quote above comes from a Russian perspective English news site and that author did read the indictment and comments on it liberally in the link below. Defying a stereotype the author thinks the defendants named are probably guilty of doing just what Rosenstein said. He says that the head guy perhaps fancies himself to be the anti-Soros and wanted to spark a Green Revolution in the US. It's an interesting take. FYI, I found the site by Googling the Russian company named in the document.

https://theduran.com/mueller-indicts-so ... collusion/
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Feb 2018, 17:59

Seems like a pretty thin reed to hang on to given the rest of what we know.

Return to “Nextdoorland”