President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sneelock

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 02 Nov 2017, 23:24

I agree with people that think Robert Parry's work on this subject is sloppy. But, reading him and Greenwald and (especially) Katrina Vanden Heuvel has done as much to get me off the fence on "Russiagate" as the people who believe it whole-heartedly.

I think all those writers have done terrific work. (Parry's articles on the "death panels" attack on Obamacare, his articles on Iran's actual programs as opposed to how they are characterized. good feature writing IMO). it's the fact that I've read these writers over the years that I indulge them the luxury of convincing me their opinions are correct.

well, as far as "Russiagate" goes - I'm not convinced and these writings have done a lot to convince me that I'm not convinced. I respect those writers but they are trying to make it cut and dried that the Russia story is a nothing burger.I'm firmly coming around to the opinion that this story is NOT a nothing burger. Some of Jimbo's links have the opposite of the desired effect. ain't that a bitch?
Last edited by Sneelock on 03 Nov 2017, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.
"Wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns.”

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 02 Nov 2017, 23:27

Jimbo wrote:I had a pro-Parry mini-screed all written and was about to put a cap on it when my computer went screwy. Don't feel like writing it over so I'll just put the cap on. And I have cited this before and I guess I'll have to cite it again but it is how Media Bias/Fact Check gave Parry and Consortium News its "Least Biased" rating.

These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.

Factual Reporting: HIGH

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/consortium-news/

Kiss my ass, haters.

no. furthermore, you can't make me.

from what i've seen so far, i must have a very different definition of "fact-based", "least biased", minimal loaded terminology, etc. and that is fine with me. i am perfectly willing to read something you post that matches that criteria... including as it does any specific sign that shows me you yerself actually understand that criteria. if you can show that, i'll lick yer ass.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 02 Nov 2017, 23:29

toomanyhatz wrote:you can always win this debate by pointing out some instances of actual investigative journalism any any of the links you’ve posted.

Meaning don't just quote somebody that agrees with you. Point out some actual instances.

:lol: Says the guy who scurries to Snopes for answers.

Look oatmeal man, I'm not a media critic I'm a consumer and except for what you Hillbots are posting here I have never seen such criticism of Parry and CN. It's out there I'm sure and I welcome you to find it but in the meantime I have confidence in Parry's reporting. It's like I said before wondering why one of Parry's biggest targets the NYT doesn't shoot back.
persona non grata among those who worship at the altar of conventional wisdom

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 02 Nov 2017, 23:30

Anyhow...apparently Media Bias Fact Check is solely owned by a guy named Dave Van Zandt (I’d post a link -but most are right wing attacks on the guy) who apparently doesn’t even have a journalism degree. So...grain of salt.
Marginal BCB contributor since 2006

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 02 Nov 2017, 23:39

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Anyhow...apparently Media Bias Fact Check is solely owned by a guy named Dave Van Zandt (I’d post a link -but most are right wing attacks on the guy) who apparently doesn’t even have a journalism degree. So...grain of salt.

Type in your favorite or least favorite sites and see how they stack up. If an anti-Semetic site like Lew Rockwell.com is rated factual and unbiased then you'd have a point.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 02 Nov 2017, 23:42

Jimbo wrote:Says the guy who...oatmeal man...I'm not a media critic...you Hillbots ...wondering why one of Parry's biggest targets the NYT doesn't shoot back.

No wonder you like Parry so much.

Come back when you have a substantive argument of any kind.
sloopjohnc wrote:I know I picked the Diamondbacks, but they were the wildcard. Next teams will be a little tougher.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 02 Nov 2017, 23:44

Jimbo wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:you can always win this debate by pointing out some instances of actual investigative journalism any any of the links you’ve posted.

Meaning don't just quote somebody that agrees with you. Point out some actual instances.

:lol: Says the guy who scurries to Snopes for answers.

Look oatmeal man, I'm not a media critic I'm a consumer and except for what you Hillbots are posting here I have never seen such criticism of Parry and CN. It's out there I'm sure and I welcome you to find it but in the meantime I have confidence in Parry's reporting. It's like I said before wondering why one of Parry's biggest targets the NYT doesn't shoot back.

there's logic for ya, from A to -4.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 02 Nov 2017, 23:48

Jimbo wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Anyhow...apparently Media Bias Fact Check is solely owned by a guy named Dave Van Zandt (I’d post a link -but most are right wing attacks on the guy) who apparently doesn’t even have a journalism degree. So...grain of salt.

Type in your favorite or least favorite sites and see how they stack up. If an anti-Semetic site like Lew Rockwell.com is rated factual and unbiased then you'd have a point.

Not really. It would simply show that Dave Van Zandt has a low tolerance for anti-semitism.

Snee already pointed out that this Russia stuff is only part of what CN posts. So Parry’s shitty Russia screeds may be flying under the radar.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 02 Nov 2017, 23:52

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

Not really. It would simply show that Dave Van Zandt has a low tolerance for anti-semitism.

Snee already pointed out that this Russia stuff is only part of what CN posts. So Parry’s shitty Russia screeds may be flying under the radar.

All right Hillbot, show us some criticism of Parry from other than we amateurs here. The Media Bias/Fact check is supposed to be doing the heavy lifting but you are skeptical so dig some more.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 02 Nov 2017, 23:56

Davey the Hillbot! :lol:
Last edited by Sneelock on 02 Nov 2017, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 02 Nov 2017, 23:57

Ironic that you aren’t willing to debate our arguments on the merits, but instead are asking for the word of an authority figure.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 02 Nov 2017, 23:59

Sneelock wrote:Davey the Hillbot! :lol:

Also ironic. I spent a solid year working tooth and nail to deny her the Democratic Party nomination.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Nov 2017, 00:04

I was born in a Log Cabin!

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 03 Nov 2017, 00:08

Anyhow...I’ve already seen Parry pull the WWIII/Nuclear War scare tactic too many times to ever even consider him as a credible source.

Doing that even once ought to get a “journalist” booted out of the profession.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 03 Nov 2017, 00:18

http://911truthnews.com/why-robert-parr ... 911-truth/

This should give you Parry-deniers some succor.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 03 Nov 2017, 00:27

TL;DR

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 03 Nov 2017, 00:36

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:TL;DR

What, is no one else wondering what the fuck this means? Is it some Twitter abbreviation?

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 03 Nov 2017, 00:55

Jimbo wrote:

What, is no one else wondering what the fuck this means? Is it some Twitter abbreviation?

too long, didn't read

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/02/russian-hacking-beyond-us-election-digital-hitlist

The Fancy Bear mask slips, just a Kremlin front

Like that will surprise anyone at all
You've rendered that scaffolding dangerous

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 03 Nov 2017, 01:41

Copehead wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

too long, didn't read

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/02/russian-hacking-beyond-us-election-digital-hitlist

The Fancy Bear mask slips, just a Kremlin front

Like that will surprise anyone at all

Thanks for the translation. I think Davey saw "9/11" in the link and ran away.

Not that Russians don't spy or hack or whatever but I can't trust the gist of the article - Russia bad - without the Guardian or AP noting somewhere in the text that the US has the same capabilities, that the CIA has the capability to make it look like Russia is hacking but is in fact CIA fuckery.

From Wikipedia - Vault 7 is a series of documents that WikiLeaks began to publish on 7 March 2017, that detail activities and capabilities of the United States Central Intelligence Agency to perform electronic surveillance and cyber warfare. The files, dated from 2013–2016, include details on the agency's software capabilities, such as the ability to compromise cars, smart TVs,[1] web browsers (including Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera Software ASA),[2][3][4] and the operating systems of most smartphones (including Apple's iOS and Google's Android), as well as other operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux.

While not favoring my point but on balance favoring your point is this bit at near the bottom of the Wikipedia entry.

False flag theories[edit]
On the day the Vault 7 documents were first released, WikiLeaks described UMBRAGE as "a substantial library of attack techniques 'stolen' from malware produced in other states including the Russian Federation," and tweeted, "CIA steals other groups virus and malware facilitating false flag attacks".[56] A conspiracy theory soon emerged alleging that the CIA framed the Russian government for interfering in the 2016 U.S. elections. Conservative commentators such as Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter speculated about this possibility on Twitter, and Rush Limbaugh discussed it on his radio show.[57] Russian foreign minister Sergey Lavrov said that Vault 7 showed that "the CIA could get access to such 'fingerprints' and then use them.[56]

Cybersecurity writers such as Ben Buchanan and Kevin Poulsen were skeptical of these theories.[58][6] Poulsen wrote, "The leaked catalog isn't organized by country of origin, and the specific malware used by the Russian DNC hackers is nowhere on the list."[6]

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 03 Nov 2017, 02:13

Trump’s Continued War

Following President Trump’s announcement of an increase in U.S. troops being sent to Afghanistan, the Washington Post reported that “Direct U.S. spending on the war in Afghanistan will rise to approximately $840.7 billion if the president’s fiscal year 2018 budget is approved.”

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/11/02/h ... ss-us-war/

Hooray!! Gor bless ya, Trumpy!