President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Thang-y
Posts: 685
Joined: 29 Apr 2016, 17:59

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Thang-y » 13 Jul 2017, 13:28

I've gone from not believing for a moment he'd become president, to horror, to thinking he'd have to be impeached (keeping the horror) but now .. nothing's going to shift him is it? All hope is gone :(
If you're out drinking with the Beach Boys, don't ask whose round it is.

User avatar
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player
Posts: 38745
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 13 Jul 2017, 13:54

Jimbo wrote:I just asked myself why I do what I do and it's because I fear for the world and I'd like to save the world. Why did Barry McGuire sing The Eve of Destruction? He warned us that if we don't check ourselves we're doomed.


How many records have you sold so far?
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes
Posts: 17254
Joined: 17 Oct 2010, 14:10
Location: The Nether World

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 13 Jul 2017, 14:14

Harvey K-Tel wrote:
Jimbo wrote:I just asked myself why I do what I do and it's because I fear for the world and I'd like to save the world. Why did Barry McGuire sing The Eve of Destruction? He warned us that if we don't check ourselves we're doomed.


How many records have you sold so far?


:lol:

(Sorry, Jimbo, I've got nothing against you whatsoever - but this is so funny...
The invisible and the non-existing very much look alike.

User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 22310
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 13 Jul 2017, 14:21

Jimbo wrote:And my perfectly good question remains unanswered: What did Russia/Putin do? Davey goes deep and says they fucked with America's essence, like they called his mother ugly. But c'mon, tell Jimbo, what tangible harm, what go-to-war worthy crime did they commit?


It's NOT a perfectly good question. It's incredibly stupid.

Let's say you are the chief of police. One day one of your officers brings in a guy for robbing a store. They've got his prints all over the place, but it isn't clear whether anything was stolen or not. The register has no cash - but it's possible that it was empty anyhow due to a lack of business. But your officer says he caught him in the act. You don't always trust this officer as much as you'd like...but he is the guy you have out there on the beat.

So...do you book the accused and investigate? Or so you go around verbally worrying that it might cause the accused to hate everyone in your town so much that he might want to burn the whole town down someday? Do you drop all charges and set him free asking perfectly good questions like, "what did he do?" and "what proof do you have?"

Jimbo...we want the fucking investigation. You should want it to - because that's the only hope of exonerating Russia if none of this is true.

If you were just arguing, "we should be really careful about all of this anti-Russia sentiment." You'd have broad agreement from everyone. But that's not what you are doing. You are letting guys like Parry lead you into false equivalencies that cause you to say stupid shit like, "Clinton dealt with the Russians" and/or "Nixon and Reagan colluded with other governments." As if arguments like those ought to make us just feel okay about the possibility that our elections might be open season from now on.

You are smarter than this. So why are you choosing to take such a willfully stupid position?
Marginal BCB contributor since 2006

Image

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 13615
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 13 Jul 2017, 14:41

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:And my perfectly good question remains unanswered: What did Russia/Putin do? Davey goes deep and says they fucked with America's essence, like they called his mother ugly. But c'mon, tell Jimbo, what tangible harm, what go-to-war worthy crime did they commit?


It's NOT a perfectly good question. It's incredibly stupid.

Let's say you are the chief of police. One day one of your officers brings in a guy for robbing a store. They've got his prints all over the place, but it isn't clear whether anything was stolen or not. The register has no cash - but it's possible that it was empty anyhow due to a lack of business. But your officer says he caught him in the act. You don't always trust this officer as much as you'd like...but he is the guy you have out there on the beat.

So...do you book the accused and investigate? Or so you go around verbally worrying that it might cause the accused to hate everyone in your town so much that he might want to burn the whole town down someday? Do you drop all charges and set him free asking perfectly good questions like, "what did he do?" and "what proof do you have?"

Jimbo...we want the fucking investigation. You should want it to - because that's the only hope of exonerating Russia if none of this is true.

If you were just arguing, "we should be really careful about all of this anti-Russia sentiment." You'd have broad agreement from everyone. But that's not what you are doing. You are letting guys like Parry lead you into false equivalencies that cause you to say stupid shit like, "Clinton dealt with the Russians" and/or "Nixon and Reagan colluded with other governments." As if arguments like those ought to make us just feel okay about the possibility that our elections might be open season from now on.

You are smarter than this. So why are you choosing to take such a willfully stupid position?


But there is an investigation. As there should be. MUELLER is its head. It's the dangerous hysteria over the matter that is most worrisome. The ACTUAL equivalencies dug up by Parry and friends is to calm you all the fuck down, to put this into perspective, to illustrate that this is not a one-off secret op by the Russians. They are no longer Communists. They are as capitalistic and as corrupt as our Democrats and Republicans. If Meuller's investigation proves there was tampering or collusion (which I believe are not actual crimes) then the courts can proceed.
I love you.

User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 22310
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 13 Jul 2017, 15:01

So you are in favor of an investigation? If so, that's news. You've been arguing all along that there's nothing to investigate. You've also been pushing forward arguments by the likes of Parry who haven't joined you in conceding that point.

Again...you don't need Robert Parry. You could simply be arguing to us that you are concerned about the rise in anti-Russia sentiment. If you kept your argument that clear...we'd all say, "Jimbo's got a point." But instead you blow past that to insanity-land where it makes sense to you to argue "everybody does it" when talking about foreign collusion, as if that makes it acceptable.

You can't see that the Robert Parry's of the world are pushing you into a convoluted logic loop that you could easily sidestep by simply conceding the validity of an investigation and then calling for cooler heads to prevail.
Marginal BCB contributor since 2006

Image

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 13615
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 13 Jul 2017, 15:08

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:So you are in favor of an investigation? If so, that's news. You've been arguing all along that there's nothing to investigate. You've also been pushing forward arguments by the likes of Parry who haven't joined you in conceding that point.

Again...you don't need Robert Parry. You could simply be arguing to us that you are concerned about the rise in anti-Russia sentiment. If you kept your argument that clear...we'd all say, "Jimbo's got a point." But instead you blow past that to insanity-land where it makes sense to you to argue "everybody does it" when talking about foreign collusion, as if that makes it acceptable.

You can't see that the Robert Parry's of the world are pushing you into a convoluted logic loop that you could easily sidestep by simply conceding the validity of an investigation and then calling for cooler heads to prevail.


I didn't say I favor an investigation. You keep saying we need one when there already is one.

As for what they have found so far … nothing. Unless you can tell me what evidence there is that Russia is attempting to topple America.
I love you.

User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 22310
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 13 Jul 2017, 15:23

So you believe it isn't worth investigating?

Let's talk about what they've found when it's over. If you got your hearts desire and they investigated 9/11, I could say the same shot every day until the findings were made public.

Anyhow - after Don Jr.'s emails, I don't think you can keep holding to the "nothing there" line. There is increasing evidence of willingness to collude. That might be all there is (as the trump campaign may have ultimately been to inept to have mounted any kind of organized effort at collusion - and were likely just dumb enough to have not even understood how traitorous they were being."

But I want to know that our government fully understands the full scope of Russia's attempts to influence our election and acts accordingly to frustrate further efforts to do so again. I say this with absolutely no enmity to the Russian people or desire for a fight.
Marginal BCB contributor since 2006

Image

User avatar
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player
Posts: 38745
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 13 Jul 2017, 16:57

I found you a new avatar jimbo!

Image
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
Ronald Frump
Posts: 504
Joined: 05 Jun 2004, 01:49

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Ronald Frump » 13 Jul 2017, 17:31

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:

But I want to know that our government fully understands the full scope of Russia's attempts to influence our election and acts accordingly to frustrate further efforts to do so again.


Why the hell would we do that??

The Ruskies are great at certain things - making vodka, exporting prostitutes and fixing elections! If we can utlise their skills to MAKE AMERICA great again then it would be stupid not to!
Play hard, Play to win

User avatar
Still Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 41903
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Still Baron » 13 Jul 2017, 17:40

TOTES MAGA
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Still Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 41903
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Still Baron » 13 Jul 2017, 18:15

Some of you have probably seen this, but the Post reports that the President is only going to France because they're having a military parade so he gets to play soldiers!!

Politico, quoting the Post wrote:"Trump loves a military parade - it's one reason he's heading to Paris," by WaPo's Jenna Johnson and James McAuley in Paris: "President Trump was not expected to attend France's Bastille Day, which this year will commemorate the 100th anniversary of the United States' entry into World War I. But then he learned there would be a military parade. French President Emmanuel Macron told Trump in a June 27 phone call about the event, which this year will feature U.S. and French troops marching through the historic streets near the Arc de Triomphe, fighter jets cutting through the skies above, and flags, horses and military equipment on display - the sort of spectacle that Trump wanted to stage at his own inauguration in January. Trump told Macron he would be there, according to a White House official, and French and U.S. officials rushed to schedule a last-minute trip that will last about 27 hours and include dinner at an opulent restaurant in the Eiffel Tower and a visit to Napoleon Bonaparte's tomb."


https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 39e22a6607

MAGA MAGA HEY!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 37306
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: 22,300 miles above the Earth

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Count Machuki » 13 Jul 2017, 18:22

Still Baron wrote:Some of you have probably seen this, but the Post reports that the President is only going to France because they're having a military parade so he gets to play soldiers!!


"Come to Belgium for a quick state visit"
"Oh, I don't know, I'm supposed to be working on pushing this healthcare thing"
"We've got a bouncy castle!"
"I'm on my way!"
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 9791
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 13 Jul 2017, 18:49

I think some of the best TRUMP satire going is the "Leaked phone call" bits they do on Conan O'Brien with Robert Smigel doing his wonderful TRUMP impersonation.

"Wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns.”

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 59687
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Jul 2017, 21:19

Classic Rock Sneelock wrote:I think some of the best TRUMP satire going is the "Leaked phone call" bits they do on Conan O'Brien with Robert Smigel doing his wonderful TRUMP impersonation.



That was pretty good.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 59687
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Jul 2017, 21:20

Still Baron wrote:Some of you have probably seen this, but the Post reports that the President is only going to France because they're having a military parade so he gets to play soldiers!!

Politico, quoting the Post wrote:"Trump loves a military parade - it's one reason he's heading to Paris," by WaPo's Jenna Johnson and James McAuley in Paris: "President Trump was not expected to attend France's Bastille Day, which this year will commemorate the 100th anniversary of the United States' entry into World War I. But then he learned there would be a military parade. French President Emmanuel Macron told Trump in a June 27 phone call about the event, which this year will feature U.S. and French troops marching through the historic streets near the Arc de Triomphe, fighter jets cutting through the skies above, and flags, horses and military equipment on display - the sort of spectacle that Trump wanted to stage at his own inauguration in January. Trump told Macron he would be there, according to a White House official, and French and U.S. officials rushed to schedule a last-minute trip that will last about 27 hours and include dinner at an opulent restaurant in the Eiffel Tower and a visit to Napoleon Bonaparte's tomb."


https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 39e22a6607

MAGA MAGA HEY!


:roll:
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 13615
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 13 Jul 2017, 21:36

For the few undaunted by BCB groupthink, here is another Parry piece explaining some of what the fuck is really going on.

How Russia-gate Met the Magnitsky Myth
July 13, 2017

Exclusive: A documentary debunking the Magnitsky myth, which was an opening salvo in the New Cold War, was largely blocked from viewing in the West but has now become a factor in Russia-gate, reports Robert Parry.

By Robert Parry

Near the center of the current furor over Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting with a Russian lawyer in June 2016 is a documentary that almost no one in the West has been allowed to see, a film that flips the script on the story of the late Sergei Magnitsky and his employer, hedge-fund operator William Browder.

The Russian lawyer, Natalie Veselnitskaya, who met with Trump Jr. and other advisers to Donald Trump Sr.’s campaign, represented a company that had run afoul of a U.S. investigation into money-laundering allegedly connected to the Magnitsky case and his death in a Russian prison in 2009. His death sparked a campaign spearheaded by Browder, who used his wealth and clout to lobby the U.S. Congress in 2012 to enact the Magnitsky Act to punish alleged human rights abusers in Russia. The law became what might be called the first shot in the New Cold War.

According to Browder’s narrative, companies ostensibly under his control had been hijacked by corrupt Russian officials in furtherance of a $230 million tax-fraud scheme; he then dispatched his “lawyer” Magnitsky to investigate and – after supposedly uncovering evidence of the fraud – Magnitsky blew the whistle only to be arrested by the same corrupt officials who then had him locked up in prison where he died of heart failure from physical abuse.

Despite Russian denials – and the “dog ate my homework” quality of Browder’s self-serving narrative – the dramatic tale became a cause celebre in the West. The story eventually attracted the attention of Russian filmmaker Andrei Nekrasov, a known critic of President Vladimir Putin. Nekrasov decided to produce a docu-drama that would present Browder’s narrative to a wider public. Nekrasov even said he hoped that he might recruit Browder as the narrator of the tale.

However, the project took an unexpected turn when Nekrasov’s research kept turning up contradictions to Browder’s storyline, which began to look more and more like a corporate cover story. Nekrasov discovered that a woman working in Browder’s company was the actual whistleblower and that Magnitsky – rather than a crusading lawyer – was an accountant who was implicated in the scheme…

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/07/13/h ... tsky-myth/
I love you.

User avatar
Ronald Frump
Posts: 504
Joined: 05 Jun 2004, 01:49

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Ronald Frump » 13 Jul 2017, 22:29

Jimbo wrote:For the few undaunted by BCB groupthink, here is another Parry piece explaining some of what the fuck is really going on.

How Russia-gate Met the Magnitsky Myth
July 13, 2017

Exclusive: A documentary debunking the Magnitsky myth, which was an opening salvo in the New Cold War, was largely blocked from viewing in the West but has now become a factor in Russia-gate, reports Robert Parry.

By Robert Parry

Near the center of the current furor over Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting with a Russian lawyer in June 2016 is a documentary that almost no one in the West has been allowed to see, a film that flips the script on the story of the late Sergei Magnitsky and his employer, hedge-fund operator William Browder.

The Russian lawyer, Natalie Veselnitskaya, who met with Trump Jr. and other advisers to Donald Trump Sr.’s campaign, represented a company that had run afoul of a U.S. investigation into money-laundering allegedly connected to the Magnitsky case and his death in a Russian prison in 2009. His death sparked a campaign spearheaded by Browder, who used his wealth and clout to lobby the U.S. Congress in 2012 to enact the Magnitsky Act to punish alleged human rights abusers in Russia. The law became what might be called the first shot in the New Cold War.

According to Browder’s narrative, companies ostensibly under his control had been hijacked by corrupt Russian officials in furtherance of a $230 million tax-fraud scheme; he then dispatched his “lawyer” Magnitsky to investigate and – after supposedly uncovering evidence of the fraud – Magnitsky blew the whistle only to be arrested by the same corrupt officials who then had him locked up in prison where he died of heart failure from physical abuse.

Despite Russian denials – and the “dog ate my homework” quality of Browder’s self-serving narrative – the dramatic tale became a cause celebre in the West. The story eventually attracted the attention of Russian filmmaker Andrei Nekrasov, a known critic of President Vladimir Putin. Nekrasov decided to produce a docu-drama that would present Browder’s narrative to a wider public. Nekrasov even said he hoped that he might recruit Browder as the narrator of the tale.

However, the project took an unexpected turn when Nekrasov’s research kept turning up contradictions to Browder’s storyline, which began to look more and more like a corporate cover story. Nekrasov discovered that a woman working in Browder’s company was the actual whistleblower and that Magnitsky – rather than a crusading lawyer – was an accountant who was implicated in the scheme…

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/07/13/h ... tsky-myth/


tl;dr

keep posting the REAL news!!
Play hard, Play to win

User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 22310
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 14 Jul 2017, 00:14

Another Parry piece!
Marginal BCB contributor since 2006

Image

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 37306
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: 22,300 miles above the Earth

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Jul 2017, 00:33

The Great Defector wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:
at any rate, here's today's article about leching on an Irish reporter

‘I bet she treats you well’: Trump calls over Irish reporter, compliments her ‘nice smile’




I obviously can't speak for her, but I don't think it would be a big deal to her.


Pas grand chose?

U.S. President Donald Trump remarked on the physical appearance of French President Emmanuel Macron’s wife on Thursday, calling her “beautiful” and remarking that she is “in such good shape” while the French president and First Lady Melania Trump look on.

- http://www.politico.eu/article/trump-ca ... ood-shape/


CLASSY


(and just in the interest of being preemptive, I don't expect this to come up in an impeachment trial or anything but I sure as hell wish Trump wouldn't be sleazy when he's on the job that I'm paying him for)
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D