President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Still Baron » 17 May 2017, 14:23

Toby wrote:What's the view on the economy right now in the US? I get the view that it's fairly bullish, but might be wrong.

I only say this because I have a worry that people in the main won't give a monkeys about anything else Trump does if the economy remains stable and grows to a certain extent.

The economy as it matters to Wall Street and the Captains of Industry continues to "improve," but the bedrock of his support in former industrial areas haven't seen any change, and I daresay they won't. His support is still relatively stable amongst his base, but we'll see how things go. His allies in Congress have to be unnerved, at best.
Last edited by Still Baron on 17 May 2017, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
toomanyhatz wrote:I honestly don't care for most Beach Boys car songs

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 17 May 2017, 14:30

Tactful Cactus wrote:We have his high profile foreign visits to look forward to next week, Saudi, Israel and the Vatican! He must be glad to escape, I'm sure in his world this visit will restore all confidence in him as a presidential President. He'll just have to make a deal with Muslims, Jews and Christians where they'll all play nice and he gets a 40% cut on tithings. Its not complicated! And wasn't Jared Michael Bluth meant to have fixed religion by now??

The New Yorker wrote:“What President Trump is seeking is to unite peoples of all faiths around a common vision of peace, progress, and prosperity,” the national-security adviser, H. R. McMaster, told reporters on Friday. A senior Administration official said that Trump’s goal is “making sure that the three faiths work together.” Good luck.

:lol:

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk ... um=website

I'm not aware of a single time he's interacted with a foreign head of state where he hasn't committed some gaffe or faux pas or otherwise somehow completely bitched it up, so it should it be quite a train wreck!
Jimbo wrote:In some ways, personality-wise, Trump and I are similar.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 17 May 2017, 15:06

Jimbo wrote:
bobzilla77 wrote: You really need to ask yourself why you are a full time apologist for this motherfucker.

Thanks. I wouldn't say I'm a full time apologist but I do find myself defending the guy from time to time. And I think that's because I see Trump as Chauncey Gardner, an everyman character, as myself, not smart but lucky and just a another shmuck. His name, Trump, like Chance the gardner's indicates how with the flip of a card he got what he has, even his daddy's wealth. He isn't ideological. He thinks handshakes are how deals are made. He stumbled his way into the presidency. All the pundits said he wasn't serious, that he'll get beaten by JEB! right off the bat and then when he was nominated they said he'd quit when he saw he'd actually have to work hard. His strategy couldn't have been simpler, just stand up and speak your mind, oh, and mock your opponents. "Crooked Hillary" was inspired! He, like me, gets most of his ideas from the internet. He, along with many millions, is an Alex Jones fan. Right there are millions of votes. Why hadn't JEB or Hillary thought of courting Jones? He thought peace with Russia was a good idea. Who, even smart folk, knew it wasn't?

holy shit jimbo
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 17 May 2017, 15:25

Still Baron wrote:
Toby wrote:What's the view on the economy right now in the US? I get the view that it's fairly bullish, but might be wrong.

I only say this because I have a worry that people in the main won't give a monkeys about anything else Trump does if the economy remains stable and grows to a certain extent.

The economy as it matters to Wall Street and the Captains of Industry continues to "improve," but the bedrock of his support in former industrial areas haven't seen any change, and I daresay they won't. His support is still relatively stable amongst his base, but we'll see how things go. His allies in Congress have to be unnerved, at best.

Since I wrote this, I have seen reports that his allies in Congress are freaked out and impeachment murmurs have begun, even among Republicans ...

Here's something about Wall Street's pessimism about tax "reform," given the instability of the White House.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/1 ... eet-238474

And the latest poll numbers:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/201617/gallu ... roval.aspx

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 17 May 2017, 16:11

If there was a means of giving up the Presidency but preserving his self-image as a winner would he take it tomorrow? And are the Democrats looking for similar means of getting rid of him without bruising his ego rather than backing him into a corner, or is it important for the country to hold him to account?

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 17 May 2017, 16:15

Tactful Cactus wrote:If there was a means of giving up the Presidency but preserving his self-image as a winner would he take it tomorrow? And are the Democrats looking for similar means of getting rid of him without bruising his ego rather than backing him into a corner, or is it important for the country to hold him to account?

I don't think he realizes the gravity of the trouble he's in and he's probably blaming it all on his underlings. I think resigning the Presodency is totally against every instinct and belief he holds. There's not much the Democrats can do right now, and should they take the House and impeachment articles/charges haven't been filed by Republicans, the liberal base will be positively howling for it.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 May 2017, 16:20

It was the Republicans who actually forced Nixon to go - I'm pretty sure it would be the same again if Trump follows the same path.
Diamond Dog wrote:I've just backed "Conservatives With No Overall Majority" at 4/1. So there!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 May 2017, 16:27

Diamond Dog wrote:It was the Republicans who actually forced Nixon to go - I'm pretty sure it would be the same again if Trump follows the same path.

As a start, it was reported on CNN today that Fox News tried to get just one Republican legislator to talk on Trump's behalf and they couldn't get one. Not one.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 17 May 2017, 16:27

Still Baron wrote: I think resigning the Presidency is totally against every instinct and belief he holds.

I'd question that. I think he believes in himself more than the Presidency. He's using the Presidency to further his name and if that stops working then I could see him finding a means to go where he can blame everyone around him and live the rest of his life thinking he would have been the greatest President ever but the failing Washington machine got in his way. This is a guy who filed for bankruptcy six times. Part of his business model is cut & run.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 May 2017, 16:29

Count Machuki wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
bobzilla77 wrote: You really need to ask yourself why you are a full time apologist for this motherfucker.

Thanks. I wouldn't say I'm a full time apologist but I do find myself defending the guy from time to time. And I think that's because I see Trump as Chauncey Gardner, an everyman character, as myself, not smart but lucky and just a another shmuck. His name, Trump, like Chance the gardner's indicates how with the flip of a card he got what he has, even his daddy's wealth. He isn't ideological. He thinks handshakes are how deals are made. He stumbled his way into the presidency. All the pundits said he wasn't serious, that he'll get beaten by JEB! right off the bat and then when he was nominated they said he'd quit when he saw he'd actually have to work hard. His strategy couldn't have been simpler, just stand up and speak your mind, oh, and mock your opponents. "Crooked Hillary" was inspired! He, like me, gets most of his ideas from the internet. He, along with many millions, is an Alex Jones fan. Right there are millions of votes. Why hadn't JEB or Hillary thought of courting Jones? He thought peace with Russia was a good idea. Who, even smart folk, knew it wasn't?

holy shit jimbo

On many levels of holy shitdom.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 May 2017, 16:30

Still Baron wrote:I don't think he realizes the gravity of the trouble he's in and he's probably blaming it all on his underlings. I think resigning the Presidency is totally against every instinct and belief he holds.

This, I believe.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 17 May 2017, 16:32

Count Machuki wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

holy shit jimbo

I think it's the "He, like me, gets most of his ideas from the internet" line which is the money shot.
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 17 May 2017, 16:34

What's worse it's wrong.
Trump only watches TV and (probably) listens to Right Wing Radio - outside of Twitter he couldn't internet his way out of a wet paper bag.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 17 May 2017, 16:35

Diamond Dog wrote:It was the Republicans who actually forced Nixon to go

Not strictly true. There were a LOT of Republicans who continued to fight against impeachment, right up until the so-called "smoking gun" tape emerged - days before the resignation. It's true that Republican support for impeachment was necessary, but it came only once the hardest possible evidence was staring them in the face.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 17 May 2017, 16:36

Goat Boy wrote:I think it's the "He, like me, gets most of his ideas from the internet" line which is the money shot.

The "Why hadn't JEB or Hillary thought of courting [Alex] Jones?" was what made my jaw drop, personally.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 17 May 2017, 16:42

sloopjohnc wrote:
Still Baron wrote:I don't think he realizes the gravity of the trouble he's in and he's probably blaming it all on his underlings. I think resigning the Presidency is totally against every instinct and belief he holds.

This, I believe.

Me two.

....and yes I meant to write two.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 May 2017, 16:59

Charlie O. wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:It was the Republicans who actually forced Nixon to go

Not strictly true. There were a LOT of Republicans who continued to fight against impeachment, right up until the so-called "smoking gun" tape emerged - days before the resignation. It's true that Republican support for impeachment was necessary, but it came only once the hardest possible evidence was staring them in the face.

That's right Charlie but it was when Goldwater (and a couple of other high ranking Republicans) actually told him he had no support at all (in either house) that Nixon knew the time had come. Of course the Republicans fought the idea longer than the Democrats (you'd expect them to) but that was the moment when Nixon knew he was either going to resign, or be impeached.
Diamond Dog wrote:I've just backed "Conservatives With No Overall Majority" at 4/1. So there!

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 May 2017, 17:00

Jimbo wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote: He, like me, gets most of his ideas from the internet.

And from where in 2017 do you get ideas?

I shake my head here at how pettily you behave, how narrowly you think, at your black and white view of current events derived perhaps from MSNBC or NYT or Stephen Colbert. Not that Jones isn't a freak but that's an act. Jones is also a patriot who's been asking questions and seeking answers to the most vexing of America's woes, especially how we get wrapped up in so many wars with our own government spying on us. Jones was hip to the Snowdon shit way before Snowdon. The conspiracies, 9/11, Boston, Sandy Hook, go ahead and take Stephen Colbert's take on them but DON'T go to sites where millions of us are convinced that the official stories are fake news. DON'T GO TO THOSE SITES! YOUR MIND IS TOO WEAK TO WITHSTAND THE BARRAGE OF TRUTH. YOU WILL SUCCUMB AND THINK DIFFERENTLY. SKEPTICISM IS TREASON.

lol. Lunatic.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 17 May 2017, 17:01

Charlie O. wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:I think it's the "He, like me, gets most of his ideas from the internet" line which is the money shot.

The "Why hadn't JEB or Hillary thought of courting [Alex] Jones?" was what made my jaw drop, personally.

Such riches

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 17 May 2017, 17:06

Return to “Nextdoorland”