Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Count Machuki » 16 Apr 2018, 23:13

sneelock wrote:So, who had four in the “ How many days after Bolton gets hired before we bomb somebody” pool?

Ooh, me! Nachos and beer on me, guys!

I read today that Trump actually talked Bolton down from a more intense bombing.
Trump! Talking somebody down!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Apr 2018, 23:27

Count Machuki wrote:
sneelock wrote:So, who had four in the “ How many days after Bolton gets hired before we bomb somebody” pool?

Ooh, me! Nachos and beer on me, guys!

I read today that Trump actually talked Bolton down from a more intense bombing.

:lol:

Doesn't surprise me. Bolton's a loon.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 16 Apr 2018, 23:57

sloopjohnc wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:I read today that Trump actually talked Bolton down from a more intense bombing.

Doesn't surprise me. Bolton's a loon.

Even in today’s political climate, Bolton stands out as a particularly nasty piece of work. He’s even more loathsome than Trump, in my opinion. Let's hope they have a massive falling out, and soon.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 17 Apr 2018, 15:41

Predictable we-hardly-know-the-guy play from the White House:

On the trip south, White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders sought to put distance between Trump and Cohen, saying: “I believe they’ve still got some ongoing things, but the president has a large number of attorneys, as you know.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trum ... ry-records
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 19 Apr 2018, 14:34

Trump allies in the House are laying the groundwork to impeach Rosenstein or hold him in contempt to prospectively legitimize Trump firing him.

Of course, the Republicans in charge of the House and Senate will try to stymie that, but it probably doesn’t matter ...

From the Washington Post:

Many critics of Trump say congressional Republicans are, fundamentally, attempting to build a case against Rosenstein in the hopes of closing the Mueller investigation — using the battle over documents to paper over their core aim of ending a probe that has become a political and legal burden for the president. Meadows contested that suggestion in the interview Wednesday.

. . .

At the Capitol last week, Meadows told reporters that he was ready to draft articles of impeachment for Rosenstein or push to hold the Justice official in contempt of Congress — and said congressional Republicans were willing to mount an aggressive campaign on Trump’s behalf.

“Contempt of Congress is really at the doorstep of Rod Rosenstein more than anybody else,” Meadows said.

He called contempt “the first step,” to be followed by “other tools” if the Justice Department did not produce the documents requested.

“It is certainly on the path to impeachment,” Meadows said.

Congressional Republican leaders, meanwhile, have shown limited interest in taking legislative steps to protect Mueller’s investigation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 250afd4d82
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 20 Apr 2018, 04:52

In spite of Cenk's feeling that MSNBC effected the election outcome far more than Russia's bots, etc., he adds at the end of the video how Mueller needs to continue with the Russiagate investigation and how it is sad that the FBI will probably never investigate the US media for its collusion, interference and democracy meddling in the election, thus (IMO) giving us Trump. Good luck with prosecuting Russian criminals who will never see the inside of a US courtroom let alone a prison. But the US media moguls are there in the cushy suburbs and easily nabbed by the cops. They are the election fuckers

I can't watch mainstream news. Maybe I'll check into BBC for the headlines to see if we're at war or not because we are on the brink my friends, on the brink. But for the most important issues the mainstream media, the corporate media lie. NBC, CBS, FOX, BBC, PBS, all the names I used to trust, they are the fake newsters.
Question authority.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 20 Apr 2018, 04:59

What crime have they committed?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 20 Apr 2018, 05:23

LeBaron wrote:What crime have they committed?

The same as the Russians have supposedly committed, collusion, tampering with the election, propagandizing. If those fail the legal or not test, investigate the shit out of them. Maybe they've paid off hookers or have some unpaid taxes.
Question authority.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 20 Apr 2018, 10:15

Jimbo wrote:
LeBaron wrote:What crime have they committed?

The same as the Russians have supposedly committed, collusion, tampering with the election, propagandizing. If those fail the legal or not test, investigate the shit out of them. Maybe they've paid off hookers or have some unpaid taxes.

I didn't realise MSNBC were a foreign power, thanks for clearing that up.
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 26 Apr 2018, 17:32

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ds/558992/

In a rambling interview, the president threatened to intervene in the Justice Department, disclosed “very, very secret” meetings with North Korea, and revealed that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican.

...and admitted Cohen represented him in the Stormy Daniels affair.

...and managed to incriminate himself on the most sympathetic outlet he could possibly ask for.

What a dummy. What a silly thing to do.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 26 Apr 2018, 17:37

The Atlantic wrote:“It is all lies and it is a horrible thing that is going on, a horrible thing,” Trump continued. “Yet I have accomplished with all of this going on more than any president in the first year in our history. Everybody, even the enemies and haters admit that. We have accomplished more than any president in the first year by far.” No part of this statement is true.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 26 Apr 2018, 17:41

seriously, he tweets about Cohen not "flipping". isn't the very use of the phrase an admission of something one way or the other?
I remember a stand up comedian describing herself as "a gumball machine - the thoughts just go from my head to my mouth."
Meet President Gumball Machine. Look at him! does he put an ounce of thought into anything he does? He reads speeches until he gets bored and then he wings it. He bores easily so he wings it a lot. Who told him he wings it well? oh yeah, the American People. never mind.

(bash head on wall)
uggy poopy doody.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 26 Apr 2018, 17:48

The guy will say anything. He'll utter verifiable falsehoods under oath, but somehow get a pass because he believes (or appears to believe) his own bullshit.

But if he gives sworn testimony to Mueller, he's toast, 'cause homey don't play that.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 26 Apr 2018, 18:28

I hope not. That whole Comey situation is pretty troubling. It seems like extenuating circumstances are in the eye of the beholder.
Last edited by Sneelock on 26 Apr 2018, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
uggy poopy doody.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 26 Apr 2018, 18:43

LOCK JIMBO UP!!!
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Apr 2018, 18:50

I don't know if anyone watched the CNN Town Hall with Comey and Anderson Cooper at William and Mary's.

Interesting.

One of the stories Comey told was about how he was led into law enforcement. When he was a senior in high school, a notorious, regional rapist broke into his house when only he and his brother were home. Comey convinced the rapist to lock his brother and him in the bathroom. Eventually, the rapist disappeared into a nearby woods and was never caught, but Comey said he thought about that life or death situation every day for the next five years.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Apr 2018, 14:33

The Democrats are officially an over-funded novelty joke party with a humorously ironic novelty joke name. They are useless. They are worthless. Time for something new

Pelosi: “I Don’t See Anything Inappropriate” In Rigging Primaries

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/pelo ... 1ac1bb70c8

Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Apr 2018, 15:55

How come no one here is cheering for the DNC lawsuit against Wikileaks?
Question authority.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 27 Apr 2018, 16:24

‘Cause it’s dumb.
uggy poopy doody.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 27 Apr 2018, 16:37

Lawsuits are BOOOORING.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis