President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Davey the Fat Boy

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 10 Aug 2017, 05:47

Simplifying the cake idiocy a little more...

If a baker refuses to make a cake for a gay wedding, they are refusing because they don't like the customer. They would be perfectly within their rights to refuse a specific design that offended them...just as long as they are willing to make a cake they'd make for anyone else for that couple.

It's the same with the Trump cake. As long as they'd refuse to make one for anyone - it isn't discrimination.
Marginal BCB contributor since 2006

fire and fueryIre

Postby fire and fueryIre » 10 Aug 2017, 08:16

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Simplifying the cake idiocy a little more...

If a baker refuses to make a cake for a gay wedding, they are refusing because they don't like the customer. They would be perfectly within their rights to refuse a specific design that offended them...just as long as they are willing to make a cake they'd make for anyone else for that couple.

It's the same with the Trump cake. As long as they'd refuse to make one for anyone - it isn't discrimination.

It might almost be seen as having one's cake and eating it.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 10 Aug 2017, 10:48

I love you.

fire and fueryIre

Postby fire and fueryIre » 10 Aug 2017, 11:21

Jimbo wrote:

It's not as funny as HKT's joke about Dennis Rodman on the other Trump thread.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 10 Aug 2017, 12:51

I agree, but unfortunately not everyone does, nor does the government backed organizations.

For refusing to make the same-sex wedding cake, he was ordered by the state’s Civil Rights Commission to undergo “re-education” training, change his store policies and file quarterly “compliance” reports for two years.
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 10 Aug 2017, 13:05

FFS.
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.

Muskrat wrote:I'm undemonstrative during shows; no matter how much I enjoy them. People who get up and move around ("dance," if they will) strike me as show-offs

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 10 Aug 2017, 13:05

Cake or fucking death
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 10 Aug 2017, 13:07

Goat Boy wrote:FFS.

:(

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 10 Aug 2017, 13:08

I actually think it's funny. All this talk of Trump and nukes and three pages about a fucking cake :lol:
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.

Muskrat wrote:I'm undemonstrative during shows; no matter how much I enjoy them. People who get up and move around ("dance," if they will) strike me as show-offs

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 10 Aug 2017, 13:09

Goat Boy wrote:I actually think it's funny. All this talk of Trump and nukes and three pages about a fucking cake :lol:

Yeah it is without doubt. Trump's not even the real topic, but it is what it is. You can't be that surprised.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 10 Aug 2017, 14:07

If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 10 Aug 2017, 14:14

Belle Lettre wrote:Cake or fucking death

But is it a beautiful chocolate cake ?
Quaco wrote: (The comments section of the YouTube video would make you think this man is the second coming of Christ.)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=133525

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 10 Aug 2017, 14:40

admins - please rename the thread "CAKE CORNER"
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 10 Aug 2017, 14:42

I go more for bakery corner myself.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 10 Aug 2017, 16:54

Count Machuki wrote:admins - please rename the thread "CAKE CORNER"

Nah, we had a nice thread going here for a while. I've got a better idea:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=135528
Jimbo wrote:A discredited and shady online publication which gets its information straight from Vladmir Putin himself has accused our hometown good boy Toomanyhatz of belonging to an online band of junkies and McDonald's eaters.
1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 10 Aug 2017, 17:00

The Great Defector wrote:

I agree, but unfortunately not everyone does, nor does the government backed organizations.

For refusing to make the same-sex wedding cake, he was ordered by the state’s Civil Rights Commission to undergo “re-education” training, change his store policies and file quarterly “compliance” reports for two years.

This is a subject worthy of discussion THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY ZERO TO DO WITH TRUMP IN ANY WAY!!

Jimbo wrote:A discredited and shady online publication which gets its information straight from Vladmir Putin himself has accused our hometown good boy Toomanyhatz of belonging to an online band of junkies and McDonald's eaters.
1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

Sneehosifatz

Postby Sneehosifatz » 10 Aug 2017, 17:05

oh, Trump has gay cakes. He has the BEST gay cakes! the mayor of gay town was just on the phone with trump telling him how he's never SEEN such a gay cake!
There is Titus Andronicus,
Titus Andronicus
wearing a snorkel
in my pool

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 10 Aug 2017, 17:12

Okay I'll try and get this thread back on track.

Trump appears to believe that loud threats can weaken his opponent so that any ensuing diplomatic dialogue will be a cakewalk for him. By pursuing this kind of bellicose diplomacy he is attempting to have his cake and eat it. This won't be a piece of cake for him as Kim is as mad as he is and so a more subtle approach is required. He can take some crumbs of comfort from the likelihood that Kim is issuing empty threats. We could see Kim back down, which will be the icing on the cake for Trump.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 10 Aug 2017, 17:13

toomanyhatz wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:

This is a subject worthy of discussion THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY ZERO TO DO WITH TRUMP IN ANY WAY!!

Ok, TMH, but I was talking to Davey. We're never gonna see eye to eye on this so let's leave eh. Enjoy your new thread.
Last edited by The Great Defector on 10 Aug 2017, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 10 Aug 2017, 17:15

The Modernist wrote:Okay I'll try and get this thread back on track.

Trump appears to believe that loud threats can weaken his opponent so that any ensuing diplomatic dialogue will be a cakewalk for him. By pursuing this kind of bellicose diplomacy he is attempting to have his cake and eat it. This won't be a piece of cake for him as Kim is as mad as he is and so a more subtle approach is required. He can take some crumbs of comfort from the likelihood that Kim is issuing empty threats. We could see Kim back down, which will be the icing on the cake for Trump.

Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Return to “Nextdoorland”