President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Still Baron » 20 Apr 2019, 04:31

Yeah, I’m with you snarf.

bobzilla77 wrote:So far it sounds about like I thought after hearing the Barr Summary. Lotta red flags, suspicious actions. Suspect motivations. Denials of things that are demonstrably true. But no smoking gun evidence of high crimes and misdemeanors, which is what you need to impeach a president. So nothing more will be done. Thanks for playing.

On the contrary, there is ample evidence that he obstructed justice and certainly that he attempted to obstruct justice. I think that’s classic impeachment material, and I suspect that’s the implied thrust of the Report.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 20 Apr 2019, 04:52

I guess the take is Mueller punted to Congress, but Barr intercepted the thing and announced a win for his side.

Or something. I can't do sports metaphors.

Are we in overtime yet?
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 20 Apr 2019, 14:36

Still Baron wrote:
Rorschach wrote:Can anyone explain what has been redacted and why?

And why no-one seems to be making any fuss about it...

Information that is privy to or arising from grand jury proceedings is secret. Also, information about pending investigations, and information that is redacted to protect third parties who aren’t central to the investigation. There is no fuss because I think the redactions are generally viewed as legitimate, because they aren’t legally obligated to release the report at all, and because they didn’t invoke executive privilege to redact internal White House shit. Presumably, the House can obtain a lot of the un-redacted report.

Edit: some details here:
https://www.lawfareblog.com/mueller-rep ... y-material

Thanks Michael.
You know, you’re really good at this sort of thing. You should think about a career in law or something.
Bugger off.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 20 Apr 2019, 17:10

:lol:

I haven't actually read most of it and don't know whether I will, so it's possible some of the redactions are dubious, but I haven't heard that from any serious people yet.

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 02 May 2019, 04:05

What a shit Attorney General.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Six String

Postby Six String » 02 May 2019, 06:03

I'll applaud one comment from Barr. Why didn't Mueller come up with an answer on obstruction. He wimped out. Maybe he'll explain himself later this month.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 02 May 2019, 17:48

I like how Nadler is handling Barr's refusal to appear today. I think this is absolutely correct. Barr is in contempt of Congress. Imagine if Hillary had refused to appear in front of a committee because she didn't approve of how it was being run. Oy Vey!

Barr's nomination should have made the Dems howl like banshees. He's a creep and a well-known creep. nothing he is saying or doing now should surprise anybody. sure, it's creepier than average but all that hooey about him being a seasoned pro wasted everybody's time. a seasoned pro compared to that jackass interim guy?

it's time for some hardball. I'm glad to see some Dems who are looking at it that way. In fact, that's probably why Barr took a powder today. I think they really thought they could just call the Mueller report a Ham Sandwich and people would just repeat them "it's a Ham Sandwich" the worst part of it is - it might work yet. It looks like the Jimbo/Deep State offense is really where the Repubs are going with this.
Björk says we all need to get off Facebook and go for a walk.
https://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/mbva ... q097SIBlf4

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 02 May 2019, 18:27

This space for rent.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 03 May 2019, 21:13

I took a week-and-a-half news blackout while I was traveling on the West Coast, only to come back and find that House Dems are contemplating a subpoena or thinking about begging Barr for a less redacted Report or something. :roll:

Come on!
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 20 May 2019, 22:32

Where's Jimbo? This thread's been dead for weeks.

So now a judge has ruled to uphold the subpoena House Dems served on Trump's accountants. Good result and Trump will surely appeal, but I understand the Court has denied Trump's request for a stay pending the appeal's outcome.

In your flabby, orange face, President Dipshit!

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 21 May 2019, 13:56

Everything Trump has ever done has been short term. Given the loyalty of his supporters and the fealty of Republican politicians to the same supporters, it was kind of a genius move to stiff arm everything in Congress. But ultimately, all this short term shit is gonna wear out. I would be VERY surprised if the Supremes bail him out on most of this stuff (as he seems to think they will) but will it ever matter? Will he ever run out of time?

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 21 May 2019, 16:45

what gets me is how he pulls all that "Obama Judge" bullshit without really getting called out on it in any significant way.
in point of fact, I think a lot of us have gone pretty numb. He tells FOX who they should put on TV, he calls every New York Times story a lie.
each and every layer of his outrageous corruption is met with snarling and nobody is fucking snarling back.

N-U-M-B.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 21 May 2019, 18:49

I have to say it does seem like thus is where it could get interesting... Defying court orders, refusing even Republicans requests... But I'm so terribly burnt out.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Six String

Postby Six String » 23 May 2019, 21:05

I'm enjoying watching the donald lose his shit in front of the press. Things are starting to get real for him and he can't cope with the job.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 23 May 2019, 21:48

Anybody in contact with Jimbo outside of BCB? He hasn't posted in forever. I sent him a PM last Wednesday that he hasn't opened.

Just up and disappearing doesn't really seem like his style...
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 23 May 2019, 22:22

Count Machuki wrote:Anybody in contact with Jimbo outside of BCB? He hasn't posted in forever. I sent him a PM last Wednesday that he hasn't opened.

Just up and disappearing doesn't really seem like his style...

I was thinking the same thing. Hope he's alright.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 23 May 2019, 23:05

maybe he discovered 4Chan or something.
I hope he's okay. we spent so much time complaining about him that I doubt he knows he's missed.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 23 May 2019, 23:29

I stalked him on FB a few weeks ago to check in and make sure he was ok. Nothing appeared amiss, but I don’t know how much would show up there, so it’s not a completely satisfactory result.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 23 May 2019, 23:38

AH, thanks. Well, here's hoping that all's well with him, the nut.

Trump's headed to Tokyo, too! Maybe they'll meet up and become best pals.